hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Dark's Souls's's's  (Read 25184 times)

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Dark's Souls's's's
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 10:17:01 PM »
I finally got this game, like a week late. Cleared up to ringing the first bell. Good times.

Also if you are complaining about the button configuration in this game you're nuts.
I'll be real, I was lost at first when norcal made me play Demon Souls.  Random x presses wasting grass and shit.  lol

But really, after a little bit of play, I couldn't imagine it any other way.  Very good setup.  The fact that you're raging so hard over it, Roy, makes me giggle.

Was this when you played it at Bell's?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
Yup.  Were you there for that?  I don't even remember who all was up chilling with me besides Brett and Jeff.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »
Praise the Sun!

Offline Dullyanna

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Abare-tard
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
Pillar + spear >>> Gwyn
Yo let's talk about sewckiheemay character development together

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »
Yup.  Were you there for that?  I don't even remember who all was up chilling with me besides Brett and Jeff.

I actually wasn't there that night. I do, however,  remember glorious whispers of GalGun the next day.

Thoughts on Dark Souls, guys?

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »
So for anyone looking to do end game pvp/coop/finish covenants/grinding/farming/whatever, do not go into kiln and fight Lord Gwyn, its a point of no return once you beat him.

Thoughts on Dark Souls, guys?

I'd say its better in almost every way than Demon Souls. The only thing I'd really concede to Demon Souls is the main plot (Dark has better lore surrounding it) and the "open world" is more of a hindrance before you get the ability to warp: something they really had no reason to hold out on considering you're limited on which bonfires you can travel to (which is a good thing). I actually liked Demon Souls more at first but Dark won me over once I got past the first area.

If you haven't played Demon Souls I'd recommend this game to anyone who doesn't mind a challenge and enjoys RPGs, action-adventure or hack and slash (as long as you don't assume this is Ninja Gaiden or DMC).

Time for some copy paste:

Just beat the game (SL 77 I think)...

Ending sucked, didn't realize it automatically took you to new game + (complete with auto save going off every second in case you want to hit that power button) so I can't go back and finish my covenant and dick around with pvp. Pretty irritating, really bad note to finish the game on. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut at least the last boss was fun and had some good atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhDsSxLU0I8

PS anyone who has 360 version better watch out because when the next patch drops cus I'm rolling a strength character next with the dragon bone fist and will be uppercutting the shit outta people

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »
PC release confirmed, apparently.

Guess I'll give it a chance. Too bad i already spent money on this shitty console version which I'll never play.

Offline Sima Matty

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
I'm glad more people will be able to enjoy the game.  Here's hoping for a Steam release.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »
Games for Windows Live confirmed.

Not buying.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:18:07 PM by Roy-Kr »

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2012, 12:24:31 AM »
Not confirmed yet. Pretty likely, but not confirmed.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
Just because it's GfWL doesn't mean it isn't also a Steam release.

Stop overreacting.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's a Steam release. People aren't complaining that it's not on Steam. It's that it's on GWFL and GWFL encrypts saves, corrupts saves, have lots of multiplayer issues, is not available in certain countries, and stops working if you change hardware or OS. I've had so many saves stop working for the most random reasons. Why would upgrading OS break my saves? Adding RAM makes my saves break too? Scumbag system.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
Indeed. I don't care if it's on Steam or not; i just don't want GFWL. I have one GFWL game in my Steam library (my brother bought it) and I've never been able to play it. Of course, everything else works perfectly, even the games which are supposed to be incompatible with my OS.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
Well regardless of the fact that everyone's tripping out without even having an actual confirmation, there's been a petition going around to not have it on gfwl.  Go look it up and sign that if it bothers you so much.
---

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »
Already signed it.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2012, 01:45:23 AM »
Finally got bored enough to plug in my PS3.
This game is the best thing in years, despite performance issues and a bitch camera.
Thankfully, the difficulty is highly over-rated, and i had no trouble getting through the game after finding out there's actually a lock-on function.

Planning to start a NG+ since i got bored of trying to be a helpful phantom. I like assisting others in boss fights, but the time between summonings is ridiculous. I'm sure there could be a much better system in place for this if it was just made for PC.

I would've been interested in playing Demon's Souls, but they're apparently killing that game in may.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 10:37:52 AM »
I would've been interested in playing Demon's Souls, but they're apparently killing that game in may.

Demon's Souls servers are still alive, actually: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/25/demon-39-s-souls-servers-staying-online.aspx

On that note: http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/06/dark-souls-pc-coming-to-steam/
I do NOT know how legit this is btw.
If it is legit, this is the best of news.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:42:52 AM by UNREAL BLACK THING »
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
My PS3 stopped reading discs yesterday, and the box is sealed with a fucking torx screw of all things, meaning i won't be able to open it and attempt to fix it until Monday when the stores are open.
I hate consoles.

I've been playing Dark Soul's whenever I've had free time lately.
I bought Demon's Souls two or three days ago thinking it'd be interesting enough even without online stuff. I was pleasantly surprised when i saw blood stains and messages all over the place as i ventured past the tutorial level.

As for that link; a lot of sites seem to be saying the same, so hopefully it's all true. If it is, that means i should be safe as long as i don't buy a retail copy.

EDIT: I think the article is just badly written. The game is likely sold through Steam but still requires GFWL.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:47:09 AM by Roy-Kr »

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
Here's the steam page, if you're wondering.

Not a word about GFWL, but that doesn't mean much.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
Dark's Souls's's's
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:01 AM »
Wondering if it's really Steamworks or is just on Steam. Would be lame if it were on Steam and still used GFWL.

EDIT: Yeah, retail still has GFWL. I REALLY doubt that they made it so that retail plays with 360 and other retail players and Steamworks plays with other Steamworks players. Much more likely that it's all GFWL and they're just selling it through Steam.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:20:56 AM by Sacchin 22A »

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2012, 02:57:47 AM »
Not getting the shitty game.
Tried for hours to get fucking GFWL to even run and it DOES. NOT. FUCKING. WORK!
Doesn't help either that every time something goes wrong I get some really smug asshole error message.