When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: E3 2011  (Read 16528 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
E3 2011
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:27:32 AM »
Alright.  Lay it all on me. 

What are you hype about? 
What do you think is a bad play?

Time to throw down some  :psyduck: :toot: :blah: :gonk: :emo:
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline djenkov

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • meh
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »
Soul Calibur 5 is maybe the only game I'm hype about.I was looking up for SF 3rd strike online edition,but then I saw that its for the fucking xbox only.
Edit:Oh,I forgot about Mass Effect 3.Sweet game.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:01:35 AM by djenkov »
I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.
-Faggot

"I'M A GIGANTIC FAGGOT"

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
3sOE will be for PS3 as well I'm sure, they just aren't letting most of the news out & GOW3, I can't to chainsaw some Locust & COG in multiplayer.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:54:59 PM »
-weaboothread +e3thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykA4VWa4rEw

Damnit, Ubisoft Montreal! Why do you make such awesome trailers!? And why do you use such awesome music I already knew? =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSkb0kDacjs
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:10:18 PM by Rowanism »

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:30:37 PM »
Ive only seen tidbits, had a busy morning. I'm waiting for the uploads/replays.
But.
Im gonna go ahead and be the Nintendofag here.

Yo. The "Wii U" looks like a cross between a DVD player and an xbox 360.
Ill tell you what tho, I'd buy it. For 350 bux? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The Assassins Creed Trailer looks godlike. So epic. If the actual gameplay looks as sexy as that CG, I will...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:50:01 PM by UNREAL BLACK THING »
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 05:44:03 PM »
Not gonna lie, that Assassin's Creed trailer is hype, but I'm mostly hyped by the music in it.  I'm really digging this Woodkid guy.  It's a shame he just does music on the side and mainly does film works instead.

The Wii U (more like WRYYYYYY U?) was described by someone as a 360 with an NGP/Vita as a controller.  I laughed because that's pretty close to my initial reactions to both debut leaks.  Not sure what to think about their new controller yet.  Finally moving to HD is a "it's about damn time" moment though.  Btw, the name of the console just makes me want to facepalm HARD.  Then again, I wanted to do that at the announcement of "Wii" as a console name, and now I feel it's quite appropriate.  Here's to eating my words in the future!

I'm also hype for Mass Effect 3 big time.  This was pre-E3 though.  Also, lagless Shadow of the Colossus is hype, even if they didn't do shit to update it.  Too bad I already own both Ico and SotC. (and don't own a ps3 lol)  Also LOLOL at naming PS Vita.  If you can get it in a red color, that would be so perfect.  POWERFUL RED BEAST IN A TINY PORTABLE PACKAGE! 

Been holding off on most E3 stuff for the majority of the day, letting the information trickle in.  I'll be swarming the internet probably tomorrow after work and throwing down more detailed thoughts on shit.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
1.The Wii U (more like WRYYYYYY U?) was described by someone as a 360 with an NGP/Vita as a controller.  I laughed because that's pretty close to my initial reactions to both debut leaks.  Not sure what to think about their new controller yet.  Finally moving to HD is a "it's about damn time" moment though.  Btw, the name of the console just makes me want to facepalm HARD.  Then again, I wanted to do that at the announcement of "Wii" as a console name, and now I feel it's quite appropriate.  Here's to eating my words in the future!

2.I'm also hype for Mass Effect 3 big time.  This was pre-E3 though.  Also, lagless Shadow of the Colossus is hype, even if they didn't do shit to update it.

1. Yea, everyone is going on about how stupid the name is. As for the controller, alot of people are bashing it for being big and awkward looking, but I'm hype as fuck for it. It's like the same concept of the DS, the second screen adding another dimension to the games (+touch screen).
It seems like Nintendo has grown a fetish for adding an extra screen to their consoles. But then they threw in the Wii motion controls, a fucking camera and microphone (you can video chat from the CONTROLLER!?!), that gyroscope that's becoming ever so popular and that feature of taking your game from the screen straight to your controller.
I mean, damn, the controller is practically another console in itself. They haven't even mention anything about the console's actual online connectivity, the possibility of a better community (enough of these friend codes) or the other features, like backwards compatibility.
And yea, its about damn time, HD graphics.
But I've never been a whore for pretty graphics, I'm definitely hype for that controller.

2. I miss SotC so very much. It'd b pretty nice to play it again. Its one of those titles that makes me miss my PS2. That and Melty, because I just didn't KNOW. And i've never played Ico, but if its reputation holds true i'll have fun with it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:24:09 PM by UNREAL BLACK THING »
... does it matter?

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
Didn't E3 stop being hype like over half a decade ago when they stopped letting the general public in?  People still care about this?  I thought it was all mainstream release bullshit.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 07:35:10 PM »
Didn't E3 stop being hype like over half a decade ago when they stopped letting the general public in?  People still care about this?  I thought it was all mainstream release bullshit.

^ HIPSTER. Hating. It's the cool thing to do.

Believe it or not, some people enjoy "mainstream" things. Some people watch it for the unveiled tech. Some people watch it for trailers. Some people watch it because it lumps updates all in one place for new things coming out. Who cares if E3 is public or not. As far as news, and not hands-on demos, internet coverage is a valid option. Not everyone has the time or money to actually to go to E3, Komidol.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »
I own a PS3, my PS2 still works, and I still have Ico and SotC, and I'll be buying the fuck out of the HD updates.

The irony is that the game is pretty much just going run at a faster / more consistent frame rate, the game looked damn good for a PS2 game and kicking it into HD will just up the resolution really.

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:29:47 PM »

E3 technically has NEVER let the general public in -- it's just too easy for someone to forge credentials, especially an enthusiast who would be the most likely person to put in the effort to make that happen. Furthermore, given the nature of the Internet and how fast things change in today's society, where's the line? I've done work on a few iOS games -- does that make me a member of the industry? What about running this site, a forum for enthusiasts of a specific videogame. Do you want to shut out some promising independent developer from even going and networking with other people in the industry because the previous game he worked on, The Lovely Summer of My Lovely Summer Love only sold to 3,000 weeaboos?

By the way, it's funny to hear you talk like a nerd hipster with the Madoka avatar. Shouldn't you be hating it?

I own a PS3, my PS2 still works, and I still have Ico and SotC, and I'll be buying the fuck out of the HD updates.

The irony is that the game is pretty much just going run at a faster / more consistent frame rate, the game looked damn good for a PS2 game and kicking it into HD will just up the resolution really.

Shadow of the Colossus at a frame rate of over 10fps? Without fog where I can barely see my own face? Ship it.

Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
Yo, these HD remakes are like my wet dream.
First MH3P, then SotC and now this: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1174029p1.html
I am soooo glad I never caved to the pressure of buying a PSP.

BTW Komidol, bro, E3 covers all upcoming titles, mainstream and small indie shit (not as much as PAX or Penny Arcade, but its still there).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:36:17 PM by UNREAL BLACK THING »
... does it matter?

Offline djenkov

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
Wow I just saw the new Star Wars trailer and I was thrilled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG1muhoIeVA
Seriously,they should make a movie about it not a game.Check the "smuggler"class from 1:40 onwards...a fucking badass.
I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.
-Faggot

"I'M A GIGANTIC FAGGOT"

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 09:12:38 AM »
Zone of the Enders 2 HD?

Silent Hill 2 + 3 HD?

MGS 2, 3, and PW HD?

Konami, we are in there.

also..
NINJA GAIDEN 3
Only thing that could make this E3 even better for me was ZOE 3 footage and Xenosaga 4 announcement...but I can only dream   :gonk:
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 12:03:16 PM »
I'm worried about Ninja Gaiden 3.
Dude said that he played the demo on Normal mode and he didn't die. Not once.
I rly hope Team Ninja doesn't do that "lets make it more noob friendly" shit.
... does it matter?

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »

I can see them spiking up Hard and Master Ninja mode while making Easy and Normal mode for the newer players.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »

I can see them spiking up Hard and Master Ninja mode while making Easy and Normal mode for the newer players.

Yeah cause NG easy, never............................
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »

NG Vanilla Dragon Sword made the game busted on top of monsters not attacking you off screen.

NG2:S was actually EASIER all around compared to NG2 Vanilla and on top of it...it had a easy mode.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »

NG Vanilla Dragon Sword made the game busted on top of monsters not attacking you off screen.

NG2:S was actually EASIER all around compared to NG2 Vanilla and on top of it...it had a easy mode.

I've never played either versions of NG2 on the NES so I wouldn't know but every game I've played so far has been a tad bit difficult when first playing it.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 06:49:40 AM »
With the WiiU or whatever it's called, I honestly don't understand why no-one has used the DS's connectivity with the Wii like that new controller if it's such a good idea.

Also either the PSP vita needs a red version or some standalone company needs to make a Vita themed skin for it or Graf Eisen phone charm to hang off it, it's too awesome to not happen.
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »
JEHUTY IN 1080P

Also, Fatlus bringing KoFXIII to NA on PS3 and 360.

Pretty hype to me, anyways.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
Fatlus
lol

With the WiiU or whatever it's called, I honestly don't understand why no-one has used the DS's connectivity with the Wii like that new controller if it's such a good idea.

I doubt the DS is powerful enough to pull that off.
... does it matter?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
Also either the PSP vita needs a red version or some standalone company needs to make a Vita themed skin for it or Graf Eisen phone charm to hang off it, it's too awesome to not happen.
I'm guessing you haven't seen this yet?

---

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 10:34:44 AM »
Not gonna lie, that Assassin's Creed trailer is hype, but I'm mostly hyped by the music in it.  I'm really digging this Woodkid guy.  It's a shame he just does music on the side and mainly does film works instead.
Well another Assassin Creed is a interesting series, we'll see what we end up in the end.

The Wii U (more like WRYYYYYY U?) was described by someone as a 360 with an NGP/Vita as a controller.  I laughed because that's pretty close to my initial reactions to both debut leaks.  Not sure what to think about their new controller yet.  Finally moving to HD is a "it's about damn time" moment though.  Btw, the name of the console just makes me want to facepalm HARD.  Then again, I wanted to do that at the announcement of "Wii" as a console name, and now I feel it's quite appropriate.  Here's to eating my words in the future!
Ok, I have two thoughts... First let's start with the Vita.
This one really bug me, as much as it has alot going for it. The Vita is build on the prevailing philosophy that I (the customer) have wanted a system that givens me an experience that can be found on the PS3(similar to the PSP in many respects). It bugs me in that this is a marketing message that continues to crop up and it doesn't let itself to building unique portable experiences. My great fear is that developers in general will approach the system like that and then fail to stand out in the market place by simply not using the features of the system (or worse, using the system features poorly). We'll see but everything that I saw at E3 seem to be this is how they are treating it... as impressive as the games are on the system, this could be a much bigger problem than even I think it is. Again, We'll have to see what the market decides.

Second, The WiiU...
Ok, Leave it to Nintendo to be... weird. Of the HD systems, this is by far the most unique offering that I have seen in resent memory. That damn controller isn't something that you can find on the other systems (for now). As for the Graphic's... Impressive demos' to be sure... but I honestly want to hear more titles, we'll see what we get in a year.
That said, DEAR GOD this is risky as hell. I mean, there is not much that it leaves for this generations (or next-generation for that matter) of games outside of ports unless someone really thinks outside the box or gets VERY creative, and really that (ports) didn't do the Wii much favours.
The first-party support is nearly non-existence at the launch window for the system (I keep hearing that it's likely November of next year for the launch, which seems a little off to me... but we'll see). So basically Nintendo, for the first time in my memory, is COMPLETELY relying on third-party games to preform and preform well for the first six months of it's life. Given what I have seen on the other systems and what happened with third-party support on the Wii... I would not do that, nor hold out much hope.
That said, at least some publishers are jumping in with both feet it seems. Well, Ubisoft and EA are... Activision has two games in that pipe line, but out side of that nothing for the moment. And an assortment of others with a few new games are coming (like Namco Bandai's Tekken offering). We'll again have a year to see what they give WiiU. There is a lot of potential with this, that said there is a lot of potential for this to fall completely flat in the marketplace.

On the plus side, there is a new Super Smash Bros. coming and I want me some Megaman. Not X, or Zero, or Gray/Ashe or any other ones (outside of Vent/Aile). Some good old Blue Bomber... against me some Mario, blasting me some fools with a pea shooter. All I want, either him or one of the Megamen of ZX (namely Vent/Aile). With a better game than Brawl...

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/917/xlargepsvitavita.jpg
http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/1889/xlargevitavitaback.jpg
I hate to tell you this, but those are fate.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 01:13:22 PM »
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/917/xlargepsvitavita.jpg
http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/1889/xlargevitavitaback.jpg
I hate to tell you this, but those are fate.
Not blonde enough.

Honestly though, I'd probably buy that in a heartbeat if it wasn't fake:emo:

For now, I'll be keeping an eye on it see how the software side of it turns out.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."