When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Freaking PSN (Is coming back)  (Read 5948 times)

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
Freaking PSN (Is coming back)
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
I just noticed that there are no console based threads up in here, but somehow I doubt i'm the only PS3 owner here. Some useful news, if you will.

So its been a couple of weeks or so (or at least it feels that way) since PSN went down.
Well, its gonna be back up sometime this week, according to Sony.
There's some speculation as to whether its gonna be up tomorrow or on the 4th. Idk. Shit is back and i'm glad.
The dudes at Sony are being real nice and giving us a month of Playstation Plus for free.
Kinda cool, I guess?

I'm just gonna take this as an opportunity to shamelessly reach out to my melty brethren that own a PS3.
My gamertag is dakidukno, and my online games that r worth mentioning are BBCS, RE5, Black Ops, Demon's Souls (buying it wednesday) and The Orange Box (TF2). I'll also be jumping on the MvC3 and AH3 bandwagon in about 2 weeks.
Hit me up niggas.

Its getting put back up, finally: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/kazuo-hirai-playstation-network-relaunch-announcement/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:18:00 PM by UNREAL BLACK THING »
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: Freaking PSN, how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »
Every person in the world is going to do shit when PSN is back, so expect downtimes :D

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »
Been craving to get AH3 matches again. It's about time.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »
My PSN tag is ShinMasaki

I ONLY play BBCS on there. For everything else, there's 360
However, I am not even going to touch the BBCS online play until the CS2 patch because one of the things being fixed is the goddamn shitty netcode. I have gotten way too tired of 2+ seconds of delay in my games and dying to ice car.

So, what does PSN+ actually do for you?  :V
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »
I don't play shit online because I hate netplay.

I troll around Home because it's hilariously fun.

PSN Tag is M_Chibi~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 04:14:18 PM »
So, what does PSN+ actually do for you?  :V

Actually, it nets you free shit. A few third party titles here and there and free dynamic themes, avatars, etc.
Not to mention discounts on classics and some first party titles.
I had it around December, it got me the DC Universe and Killzone 3 demos pre-release and the recent Sam and Max games for free.

Look forward to playing some BB with you bro. My only bitch is that Im gonna have to relearn my Hazama BnB's. :/

Niggas will be added, lol.
... does it matter?

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »
I wonder if CS2 will be delayed or whatnot on PSN. I have the game on 360 as well anyways, I'll add you guys when time comes. I already use Makoto so it only gets better for me.

PSN ID: MM805

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »
The dudes at Sony are being real nice and giving us a month of Playstation Plus for free.

Nothing says sorry for probably one of the biggest fuck ups in data theft ever like a standard trial period of a service that will probably auto-renew at the end of the free month.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »
PSN: Numakie_Inugami
I like playing games on my sad wireless connection.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:34:48 AM »
PSN: TransistorGlamor

Will probably CS2 when it's out, but idk. Doubled up on summer classes, lol.

PSN fiasco is total dicks.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »
So Sony took this to court.
I thought it was a bad joke, but apparently the hackers who caused this mess are rly from Anonymous: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/04/sonys-response-to-the-u-s-house-of-representatives/

And PSN still isnt up. -__-
... does it matter?

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »
So Sony took this to court.
I thought it was a bad joke, but apparently the hackers who caused this mess are rly from Anonymous: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/04/sonys-response-to-the-u-s-house-of-representatives/

And PSN still isnt up. -__-

Not really... The ones called "Anonymous" is not really known for this level of infiltration... they generally are know as mischief makers (and very much enjoy this title from what it seems, since it's there only real pattern) and tend to deface websites and the other rather minor things. This is an infiltration "smash and grab" attack, someone more or less got in... tripped a bunch of alarms to cause a panic, grabbed the DB and ran like hell.
As far as I have seen, and what Sony has said prior to the meeting, this is likely what happened. Personal Information and Credit Card numbers lay on the outside of the intentions of "Anonymous" whom are more concerned of making a public statement or example of a person/place/business.

That is not to say that "Anonymous" isn't involved, they did try to DDOS Sony a few weeks prior to the shutdown... so this might of happened in the mist of a bigger attack that caused the shutdown. But they are not the source of PSN users misery.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »
I know that much. Anonymous more or less has nothing to do with the attack on SOE, but they are responsible for the PSN takeover. Whoever took the credit card info, whether they lay claim to being part of anon or not, was just making good use of the chaos.

I still wouldn't put it past them to steal credit card info though. The evil bastards at 4chan clearly dont give a fuck.
... does it matter?

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 11:39:55 AM »
I know that much. Anonymous more or less has nothing to do with the attack on SOE, but they are responsible for the PSN takeover. Whoever took the credit card info, whether they lay claim to being part of anon or not, was just making good use of the chaos.

I don't think that is the case here... there is no doubt that 4chan is the Wretched Hive of the Internet. It's been a known fact for years now, how moot still manages to get hosting for the site is something of a miracle. They are good but "Anonymous" is NOT this kind of organized... attacks of this nature require some manner of thought, it's quite possible that this intrusion is years in the making given what happened and all the facts that Sony has made known.

Plus add in patterns that "Anonymous" is known for, calling out Anon for something like this seems odd to me. Sony is looking for someone or some persons, this person(s) remains anonymous... but to claim that "Anonymous" is the one that attacked PSN is far fetched, this is a level of chaos and panic is not something that you can do in a few weeks. Granted, Anonymous is far from innocent but to be honest this is something that I don't think that they are capable of. And given the information that was taken, it's something that I don't think that Anon really cares to have...
That said, I would not doubt it if the attacker(s) are users of the site.... Wretched Hive that it is, but if that it what is takes to be among the hackers known as "Anonymous", god help us all.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Re: Freaking PSN (Is coming back)
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 04:23:13 PM »
Updated first post...
Kazuo-san sounds super white.
... does it matter?

Offline djenkov

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »
I don't want to create a new topic so I will post my news here(just in case its still a new information).Soul Calibur 5 is coming out in 2012 and Tekken blood vengeance is coming out this summer.
http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/10/namco-ready-to-nuke-dubai-press-conf-liveblog-at-6-30am-bst/

Tekken Tag tournament 2(kinda old): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQeYh8FlqkM&feature=related
Blood Vengeance trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IPT_qqJ12s4
Soul Calibur 5 debut trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kHmLtgY3S6c
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:49:32 AM by djenkov »
I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.
-Faggot

"I'M A GIGANTIC FAGGOT"

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 12:49:34 AM »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 12:53:37 AM »
The real psn didn't go down.

http://www.patrickstewart.org/psn/default.asp

I'm joining this as soon as possible. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.