When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Persona 4 Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena  (Read 50541 times)

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Re: Persona 4 Fighter
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1316056150?via=thumb_watch

A couple of match play footage from TGS I imagine.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 10:40:24 PM »
Yukiko looks hella hype
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »
Yukiko looks very much like a character I'd want to play. Kanji looks awesome too; beat someone up, then sit in the chair he used to beat them with.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 05:02:22 AM »
Looks interesting, Chie's combat style appeals to me the most out of the ones in that vid.

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 07:50:10 AM »
No Aigis footage.  :'(

It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
Yukiko looks hella hype

I agree. I love her style.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:45:02 PM by arvy »

Offline chrono reyer

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Every action carries a consequence
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 07:59:43 PM »
Definitely gonna main chie, she looks like she's gonna have some insane rushdown potential. Probably sub MC.

Just a theory, but I think the blue bars under health isnt a guard primer, but instead a persona bar? Thats just the feel I'm getting off of them...
To keep myself from dropping combos, I tell myself that every time I drop a combo a child dies.

I have killed more people than hitler by now.

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »
Definitely gonna main chie, she looks like she's gonna have some insane rushdown potential. Probably sub MC.

Just a theory, but I think the blue bars under health isnt a guard primer, but instead a persona bar? Thats just the feel I'm getting off of them...

It's been confirmed that that's the Persona gauge.  There's a write-up about what's been found out here if you're interested.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
@chrono Reyere : I like your character choices. I was thinking along the same lines.

They have along the lines 4 characters left. (Because of Naoto and Kuma being announced. Just not finished yet.) So that leaves villians/P3 whatever. If they announce her http://tinyurl.com/3h9drzw This game is going to be over. I hope that when the P3 characters are announced we'll get the chance to switch rise w/ Fuuka.

"*Gasp* it's an enemy. "
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:25:36 PM by arvy »

Offline chrono reyer

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Every action carries a consequence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 03:15:43 AM »
If this game pulled a continuum shift, and shinjiro was in it.....

Main. Instantly. He could be the worst character and I wouldn't even give two damns about it. He's just too badass.
To keep myself from dropping combos, I tell myself that every time I drop a combo a child dies.

I have killed more people than hitler by now.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 03:41:40 AM »
I respect that decision.

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »
@chrono Reyere : I like your character choices. I was thinking along the same lines.

They have along the lines 4 characters left. (Because of Naoto and Kuma being announced. Just not finished yet.) So that leaves villians/P3 whatever. If they announce her http://tinyurl.com/3h9drzw This game is going to be over. I hope that when the P3 characters are announced we'll get the chance to switch rise w/ Fuuka.

"*Gasp* it's an enemy. "

Nice I was hoping that Naoto would get in. I pretty much expected Kuma lol.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:32 AM »
Nice I was hoping that Naoto would get in. I pretty much expected Kuma lol.

I went to the official website and the character thing has changed from what I remembered and it's in order now. It looks like 2 p3 characters left on the left, 1 villian or special character in the middle, and then two P4 characters on the other side.

I wish I took a screenshot earlier. I kinda look silly now.

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »
I went to the official website and the character thing has changed from what I remembered and it's in order now. It looks like 2 p3 characters left on the left, 1 villian or special character in the middle, and then two P4 characters on the other side.

I wish I took a screenshot earlier. I kinda look silly now.

A link to the website would've worked too. I'd actually put the one in the middle as the Random Select option, and there's really no telling who will be in any of the other four slots. Some of the developers did comment that they were really surprised over who made it in, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 07:35:36 AM »
Would they really include the random select option on the website's character page though? Seems kinda silly to me to have that there. I'm thinking there are 3 more characters to be revealed.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »
I wanted to say the same. But, you summed it up.

Teddie and Naoto announced
http://andriasang.com/comyq6/

I guess gameplay soon.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:43:21 AM by arvy »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »
Would they really include the random select option on the website's character page though? Seems kinda silly to me to have that there. I'm thinking there are 3 more characters to be revealed.

I'm going with Random Select since that's what it currently is in the videos of match play.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 11:42:44 AM »
That seems kinda weird on official website. But, I can understand your stance on a random select. I could see them leaving it for last. So they don't have to reprogram it. Each time they update with new characters.

The twitter icon thing is what I may of gotten confused about earlier in this thread. It still shows 6 spots. But, I guess it can be up in the air and maybe some characters have two versions or something like that. Nanaya/Tohno Shiki

Edit: I can see the main character of both series. Having there final form Personas . I'm not sure if the P4 persona's evolve. I haven't gotten that far yet...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:46:04 AM by arvy »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
That seems kinda weird on official website. But, I can understand your stance on a random select. I could see them leaving it for last. So they don't have to reprogram it. Each time they update with new characters.

The twitter icon thing is what I may of gotten confused about earlier in this thread. It still shows 6 spots. But, I guess it can be up in the air and maybe some characters have two versions or something like that. Nanaya/Tohno Shiki

Edit: I can see the main character of both series. Having there final form Personas . I'm not sure if the P4 persona's evolve. I haven't gotten that far yet...

Ah, I can see where you're coming from then. That's kinda confusing to me then; they're using that space for Random Select during the games they were running so far, but that extra "Coming Soon" would take that. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

The P4 Personas evolve, yes.

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »
If the game is staying canon with it's story then the P3 MC would be kinda odd wouldn't it?

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 10:01:21 PM »
Gotta remember this is Arc Sys as well. Also, the comments about them being surprised about the character choice. It would be an real surprise if they had Elizabeth in this game. Broken Tier hype.
http://sonohara.donmai.us/data/c31dc3ac268200ea80dcaa45215953dd.jpg

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 12:50:27 PM »
A translation of Naoto's, Teddie's, and Rise's descriptions, courtesy of SolxBaiken from Dustloop:

Quote from: SolxBaiken
Ok translated some details:

Teddie tosses items, has lots of comical attacks

Naoto has fast moving projectiles and can obviously attack from a range, her Persona can be used to divert attention, launch the opponent, as well as setting off traps and causing bad status effects (you can seal the opponent's Persona use). NOTE: I'm not sure if I'm reading/understanding this right BUT it seems the Death counter acts just like in game and under certain conditions will cause instant Death. That or it just causes SEVERE damage.

Rise further confirmed as JUST an announcer. The "Navigation" option at the character select screen turns on/off Rise's comments on your actions.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
These fighting styles sound interesting.

I'm not surprised that Rise is dedicated to announcer duty. Actually, I'd be surprised if she was anything else as she had absolutely no combat ability in P4.