When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: POVERTY LIVES!!! The Mega BomberMan On-Blast Broadcast Thread  (Read 8039 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Who's down for Mega Bomberman 4-player poverty? This shit was the jump-off back in the #MBAC days. Hit up the IRC channel if you want to get your spot blown up. . .  :bricks:

We are currently using:

Kega Fusion 3.64 << Grab Genesis Emu HERE!

Mega Bomberman (USA)

Google is your friend but if you're still (somehow) having trouble acquiring the necessities just throw a PM at me and I'll hook you up. Will confirm later if I can post up the necessary links in the thread later so more players can get in on some classic poorness.

Boom

CONTROLS

D-Pad (Up, Down, Left, Right)
Simple. Moves Bomber in designated direction.

C Button
Set Bomb on spot the Bomber is currently standing. Bomb detonates after 3 Pulses (unless Poisoned w/ a status ailment that alters this *see Poison below*).

After obtaining the LINE BOMB power-up, a Bomber can place ALL BOMBS in stock at once by setting a bomb and pressing the C Button once again while standing on the bomb just placed (simply put, DOUBLE TAP C BUTTON)

B Button
Roo/Louie Special. Performs unique Roo (not "Ryu") technique.

A Button
Bomb Stop. After obtaining the Kick Power Up (Boot Icon), a bomber is able to kick bombs across the field. Bombs usually travel until hitting a block, boarder, player, or is destroyed by another bomb. Use the A Button to stop a bomb you kick short.

Power-UPS
All power-up items can be destroyed by bombs and/or explosions as well as moving blocks (w/ the exception being eggs which can only be destroyed by explosion).

Bomb-UP

Increases total bomb capacity by 1. The more Bomb-UPs collected, the more bombs a player can have out on the field at once.

Fire-UP

Increases explosion distance. Collect enough of these and explosions will travel nearly the full length of the stage!

Kick/Boots

Gives ability to kick a single bomb across the field. A kicked bomb will travel until hitting a block, the stage border, it self detonates, hits another bomb, or is stopped manually by the player (using the A Button to do so).

Line/Link Bomb

Player is able to set all bombs in stock out at once and in a single file by double tapping C Button. More bombs, longer line.

Skull/Poison

Induces "illness". This status change is selected at random and remains active for a set period of time. The illness can be shared w/ other players by touching them and as a result, the duration of the sickness is shortened.

Confusion
Reverses directions on controls (down = up, left = right, etc.)

Swap
*Poof* Switches places at random w/ other players on the field. Watch out!

Slow
Walk speed is dramatically reduced

Hyper
Walk speed becomes insanely fast. I can't control it!

Low Power/Impotence
Bombs have a bit less...kick to them. Blast radius is decreased to one square.

Slow timer
Bombs will take forever to detonate.  :slowpoke:

Short Fuse
Runnnn! Bombs will detonate at far less than half its normal time!

Diarrhea
Player continuously sets bombs when possible.

Constipation
No bombs for you. Just hold it in.

Ice Skates
Movement is continuous. Bomber is unable to stand in place.

Egg

Contains random Rui/Louie/Roo. The mount can be used to evade explosions. Each Louie has its own unique technique.

Aqua/Blue =
Bomb Kick. Stand IN FRONT of (not directly on) bomb and press B Button to Kick the bomb across several spaces. A Kicked Bomb can travel onto or over other bombs on the field as well as blocks. Bombs can also be kicked over stage boarders in which the will bounce over to the opposite side of the wall.

Purple =
Hopping. This Louie is able to Hop over a single bomb, over bomb explosions, and over a single block. Can not hop over stage borders, sorry.

Yellow =
BRICKSSS Kick. Stand in front of a brick/block and press B Button to kick a block across the stage. The block will travel until it hits another block, the stage boarder, another player, or a bomb already placed on the field. When kicking Multiple Blocks at once, the further most block from the player will move and only one block at a time.

Green =
Speedy Roo. Press B Button to zip across the stage. Green Louie will only stop until hitting a block, boarder, set bomb, or another player. Bombs can be set while traveling at this warp speed. **There is an exploit that allows Green to stop short by setting a bomb and changing direction at the same time**

Pink =
Dancin', dancin', DANCINNN'!!! Pink Louie just likes to get down. Hold B Button for full boogaloo. (He's really just there to take another hit for you  :-\ )
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:47:31 PM by ZARbomb »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
Re: POVERTY LIVES!!! The Mega BomberMan On-Blast Broadcast Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:02:13 PM »
boom

www.twitch.tv/rokunaya [if this even goes down]
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »
If we can get more than four players I'll pop off and stream as a spectator too.

Also playing this epic game.
 :laffo:

Zar + Remzi / Roku + tra desync train was hilarious. 3.6 why you troll us.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:22:57 PM by Remzi »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
...forgot how sick this game was lol. so much lame shit from you guys!

still looking for ONE MORE PLAYERRRR! XD

Explosive Edit:

GGs to the505, Remzi, and Rokuzzzzzya. Game is hilariously fun!  :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:23:54 PM by ZARbomb »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:41:15 AM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:25 AM »
http://youtu.be/UKwRvUC1_5E
#bombsports is legit
 :laffo: :laffo:

Best moments ;
7:45
10:40
12:25
16:50
20:00
28:54
37:38
41:15
48:50
51:07

Also, ideal roos.
Start-game : Aqua, Yellow
Mid-game : Green, Purple
Endgame : Purple
Extreme endgame : Aqua
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:36:56 AM by Remzi »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »
Should make a highlight reel of the best rounds next time. Also, what's scary is that earlier today I was thinking about best roos in opening, middle, and end game as well lol.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »
#bombsports is legit

He's not kidding folks. This is now an open channel. Come get at us in #bombsports on mizuumi for games. Fun times!

Edit:
Shoutouts to the bored ppl who keep checking the thread updates knowing that the topic is clearly bomberman related  :V
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:32:41 PM by ZARbomb »

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »
He's not kidding folks. This is now an open channel. Come get at us in #bombsports on mizuumi for games. Fun times!

Edit:
Shoutouts to the bored ppl who keep checking the thread updates knowing that the topic is clearly bomberman related  :V
Yeah, not kidding.
 :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

Might make a highlight reel of the clips I said. Wouldn't be hard or anything like that, so I might.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »
Got bored/can't sleep so UPDATED FIRST POST w/ basic stuff to get ppl started.

Also, best bomb ever >> http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Salt_Bombs

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 10:52:37 PM »
Awesome edit, although I think it's still slightly inaccurate. Purple can't jump over any static object. Just stuff that can be hit. most static objects. You can jump over the static walls on Forest so long as they're not the blocks every other square.

Since there aren't official map names, I'll just use the following.
Basic, Ice, Conveyer, Forest, Penguins, Arrows, Trapdoor, Gold, Smiles, Water

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:35:18 AM by Remzi »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
Ok for real now...

UPDATES ADDED TO OP. Link to Kega Emu added. You're halfway there and now the rest is up to you! (. . .#bombsports)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »
http://www.twitch.tv/dirtyberet

Streaming Live!!! 4man battle FFA.

Rules FT3 Sets, winner chooses stage

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
3MAN FFA AIRING NOW!

MEGA BOMBERMAN

http://www.twitch.tv/dirtyberet

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
wow your first post holy crap

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »
I couldn't read "Yellow" so I added a small outer glow for readability.  In hindsight, I should have asked for permission before editing.  My apologies!
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »
Mostly surprised you (or anyone, really) even gave a shit to bother.

Thinking about covering basic strats for opening, middle, & end game to give newer players insight on how to approach bomberman as a whole.

However, I will be posting most of this info on SRK as the MB community is far smaller and not many have expressed interest as of late.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »
I would be playing if armored core 5 hadn't just come out.  Priorities!

But yeah, you're probably better off getting more people through srk.  Unfortunate.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.