hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2  (Read 11405 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
Yo, since the standalone Retribution expansion came out and it's currently only $15 on Steam, I finally got drawn into this game (almost entirely for The Last Stand), so if you guys play this, hit me up!  My Steam name is the same as my name here (lolisauce).

Also if you haven't gotten it, the Wargear Bundle DLC is worth the $12 for the bonus items it grants in Last Stand and Campaigns.

If you haven't ever played Dawn of War 2, I'll break it down for you.  It's essentially a squad based RTS game at its core with the ability to utilize environment as cover.  The Campaign mode can be played single player or co-op, which is awesome, and ends up playing more like an RPG with leveling up your commanders, unlocking skills via putting points into their skill trees, equipping items you get as mission rewards/stage secrets/random drops.  There are two modes of multiplayer, one being standard RTS with 1v1/2v2/3v3 matches, and the other being a 3 player cooperative survival mode called The Last Stand.  Last Stand is more similar to something like DotA/League of Legends/etc type of play, where you each control one commander with various equipment that each grant you skills and passive traits.  Leveling up over multiple plays with each character (there are 6 total) earns you more equipment to play around with, diversifying your character and opening up more creativity in the builds you play.  It's really fun.

Also feel free to geek out over Warhammer 40k general discussion in here if you want.  I know a bit and have been learning a lot more since I started playing DoW2, so I'm starting to really get into the lore.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:01:35 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »
I didnt like DoW2,going away from the base building/massive armies aspect was very dissapointing to me.I heard its pretty good,but its not my cup of tea.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Dullyanna

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Abare-tard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »
I'd get it but my current PC is fucking awful and I'm poor orz.

irl Warhammer is way too much of a money+timesink too for what it's worth.
Yo let's talk about sewckiheemay character development together

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »
DoW 1 was my game; i used to be one of the better IG players in the us.  i have dow 2 but got bored of playing orks exclusively before the expansion; now that IG are in i was considering getting back in but i have about 0 interest in last stand.  my favorite way to enjoy the game is in 3v3, but i think my old teammates have probably quit for similar reasons to me.  let me know if you're interested in playing some regular multiplayer and maybe i'll buy the expo
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
DoW 1 was my game; i used to be one of the better IG players in the us.  i have dow 2 but got bored of playing orks exclusively before the expansion; now that IG are in i was considering getting back in but i have about 0 interest in last stand.  my favorite way to enjoy the game is in 3v3, but i think my old teammates have probably quit for similar reasons to me.  let me know if you're interested in playing some regular multiplayer and maybe i'll buy the expo
From what I've heard, the matchmaking in the Retribution's multiplayer is not so great.  Some people in the general chat say they have an easier time getting play in Chaos Rising than in Retribution.  =\  Might not be worth the money if it doesn't get patched/improved (or gain more of a playerbase maybe).  Also I pretty much suck at standard RTS play.  I get overwhelmed easily with trying to control many things at once as a newbie and so never built up any real experience in the genre.  I wouldn't mind learning, but honestly I doubt I'd play standard multiplayer as much as Last Stand.

I didnt like DoW2,going away from the base building/massive armies aspect was very dissapointing to me.I heard its pretty good,but its not my cup of tea.
Yeah, understandable.  It's pretty much the same thing that happened with my brother, but he ended up getting into Last Stand big time which gradually built up my interest in it.

irl Warhammer is way too much of a money+timesink too for what it's worth.
Couldn't agree with you more.  That shit will body your finances harder than competitive TCG play, which is just silly.  The lore behind it is pretty hype though.  I might eventually look into getting some of the books.  Also getting into WH40k has made me look forward to Space Marine coming out in the somewhat near future.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Beno~

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »
I played some DoW2. That is one really hard game... Everyone online was a beast. Either that or I just sucked hardcore

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »
I got it from the thq pack during the summer sale but I'm only playing campaign because I'm complete garbage at RTS. I might get in on some last stand though.

Offline Dullyanna

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Abare-tard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »
@Lolisauce: Agreed on the lore being the shit. It's one of the few times where fluff actually interested me instead of bored me.

Big fat "if", but if I do manage to get this game running I'll hit ya'll up.
Yo let's talk about sewckiheemay character development together

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
I got it from the thq pack during the summer sale but I'm only playing campaign because I'm complete garbage at RTS. I might get in on some last stand though.
Sweet.  Hit me up and we'll mash it together. 
---

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 05:04:37 AM »
I play the game casually. I'd be willing to play some, either Last Stand or multiplayer.
My steam name is the same as here:
TheMaster_Rahl

Who do you like playing in Last Stand?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 02:13:55 AM »
Started off Marine, now I've branched into Eldar and Chaos.  Once those two hit 20, and my Marine hits Elite1 20 (which should be relatively soon on both accounts) I'll try out the other three.  Marine ended up being a pretty good beginner choice though, incidentally.  Melee tanks don't really have to worry about things like utilizing cover well, so it eases you into the game a little.

Added you Tim.  I'm playing it a lot these days, so you'll see me mashing it sooner or later.
---

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 02:50:59 AM »
My RTS of choice is Sins of a Solar Empire. However, that game takes forever (easily an hour for a map) and huge logistical knowledge is required.

If DoWII is what I think it is, I would end up playing Eldar. But I have no plans to get it at this time.

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
I'll play you one of these days Loli, but I'll probably suck dick. I've only toyed with it for a little while.

Steam name is MagnusXL.
Honorary BC Player.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 01:31:31 AM »
Well, there's no real reason to worry about sucking, since it's cooperative rather than competitive.  You play together, learn new shit, kick some ass, and earn new gear to fool around with more.  I like that kind of thing.  Anyway, added ya Magnus.  Look forward to playing sometime.
---

Offline Beno~

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 04:37:26 AM »
I just bought it. Add dagawd on stream and lets fight!

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
Sonofabitch, I don't read Tea Room often enough.  Loli, I've been looking for someone to do the campaigns with for that bloody achieve.  You should already have me on steam!

~M

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
Sure.  I've only done one of the campaigns (marines) so we can beast out on one of the others.  I've been mashing Space Marine and Soushin Engi lately, but if you can catch me not playing those, I'm down.
---

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 04:27:31 PM »
So LoliSause, did you get the Tau commander DLC for Last Stand?
If so, is it worth the $10?

-TexasTim-

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
I've heard he's pretty awesome, but I personally would not pay $10 for one hero, even if I wasn't jobless and broke.  I'll be honest though, I really do want him (no homo).  =<
---

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »
I'll be picking up the entire series during the steam winter sale for cheap. If any of you are still interested in playing at that point, il hit you up.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »
Yeah, as long as I'm around and someone says they wanna play, I'm always down to mash out some games.  The game is mad fun.
---

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Now I've lost it. I know I can kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
Shit, didn't know there were players on here. I've been into this since the original DoW2 beta.
Multiplayer isn't that bad once you understand the basic unit roles and phases of the game. After that, it's just positioning and adapting to the battlefield.
I also play TLS every now and then.
Add me: mrThefter

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
That reminds me, I picked up the entire series over the steam christmas sale. Still working my way through the campaigns starting with DoW1 but if any of you ever want to play, just add me on steam. Profile: Grandlordzero (same as it always is)
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »
I'm not on hardly at all lately, cuz playing console stuff, but I added you.
---

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • What are "joke characters"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 02:48:00 AM »
I'll be picking up the entire series during the steam winter sale for cheap. If any of you are still interested in playing at that point, il hit you up.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.

MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES.

netplaytactics on steam. Hit me up for games on DoW2, but I also play DoW1.
Neko Arc, NAC, and H-Neko Mech. Always up for games.