hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Wii Fighting Stick  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
Wii Fighting Stick
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:00:31 PM »
Since my arcade stick was stolen at the last con and I've just bought a new Wii, should I buy the Wii HORI Fighting Stick?  It's only $50+ bucks (although I read there's supposed to be a price drop to $35).  Is there a Wii -> PS2 and/or USB converter in existence?

Offline Hier

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Blade Ninja Skills!
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Fighting Stick
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:35:49 PM »
You could get a stick for the Wii, but I would make sure I could find a converter for the computer. If nothing else, you could by a stick for something you already have the converter to (or know of one that exists.)
Wants to order the Limited Edition of MBAA...

Offline Hisui's Cleanup Crew

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • ご機嫌よう
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:55 AM »
The Horii stick doesn't seem to work well with the wii to usb adapter. I've heard people have much better luck with the Madcatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick. Good luck.
"It's easy to sit there and want more money. So here I am. Sitting here, rocking back and forth, wanting more money."
----------------------------

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
I'm just going to throw this out there but I think the OP already got this sorted out.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 12:53:41 PM »
Don't interfere with the Hisui cleanup crew.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
Since my arcade stick was stolen at the last con and I've just bought a new Wii, should I buy the Wii HORI Fighting Stick?  It's only $50+ bucks (although I read there's supposed to be a price drop to $35).  Is there a Wii -> PS2 and/or USB converter in existence?
There was this one converter that was decent, but I honestly forget the brand name. I see if I can bump into the guy I know that has it, but don't hold me to that... I haven't see the dude in months.
The Wii HORI stick is something that I hear people avoid... I have no idea to why however since when I looked at that, I grabbed the Madcatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick.

Speaking of the TvC Stick... I personally like it, it about the size of the Madcatz SE sticks for PS3/360 but with much different buttons. I think that they are the same ones (the buttons) from the TE sticks. If I would changed three things about it, it's this... the size for me is a bit on the small side for me, they really should have done something to make it more convenient to hold the wand, and the joystick itself (which not bad at all) is not like the TE at all. It is between the TE and the SE to be honest, leaning towards the more quality TE's... which is not bad when you consider that it's around the price of the SE's (in canada that is about $85 bucks).

Hope that helps.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Hisui's Cleanup Crew

• Apprentice
  • ご機嫌よう
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:19:17 PM »
The adapter was the Mayflash wii classic controller to usb adapter.
Link (amazon): http://tinyurl.com/6jwcley

Sample demo vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvceyXrmNQk
"It's easy to sit there and want more money. So here I am. Sitting here, rocking back and forth, wanting more money."
----------------------------