hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Poll

Would you pump quarters into my cab if I got MBAA?

Hell yeah!
No way!
SF is too far for me.
I'm a bum
Meltan sucks

Author Topic: [NORCAL] Interest in MBAA?  (Read 8493 times)

Offline kazuo

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • King of Southtown
    • View Profile
[NORCAL] Interest in MBAA?
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
Hey all,

I'm going to be putting a couple cabinets on-location real soon (within the next two weeks), and I have an itch to get a relatively new fighting game. KoFXII is out because the home port comes out in July, SF4 is too expensive, TvC is too expensive for what it is, I have no interest in BlazBlue or T6, so that leaves...

MELTY BLOOD: ACTRESS AGAIN!

It seems that there's a decent community of MB players in NorCal from what I can gather on these forums, so how many of you would come out and play MBAA if I threw down and bought the thing?

The location is in San Francisco and is open 24 hours... and the cab would be running 24 hours as well. Japanese cabinet with Seimitsu joystick and buttons. I'd probably charge 50c start/continue.

Let me know guys! If I don't get enough real interest, I'll just throw Marvel in there and call it a day until something better comes along...

PS - I will try and get the updated version (Version A?)

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
Re: [NORCAL] Interest in MBAA?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:21:37 AM »
I smell troll unless I get an address/website or something

And in your best interest, it seems that a home port will come out for MBAA in August so your only option may be Arcana Heart 2 lol
thundering waterfalls

Offline kazuo

• Apprentice
  • King of Southtown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:23:58 AM »
LOL there is no chance I am getting AH2. It is a hell of a lot cheaper, though...

Home port of MBAA soon doesn't bug me as much as KoFXII did--MBAA is about $3000 cheaper than KoFXII.

And I'm not trolling. Wanna see pics of my cabs and my business license? :)

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:25:44 AM »
Yes my apologies but due to a past troll I would like to see some concrete proof so that I don't accidentally waste my time going to SF
thundering waterfalls

Offline Last Elixir⑨

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 01:32:34 AM »
where in sf? im sure a good amount of people would be interested.

j
manbeard

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:00 AM »
And I'm not trolling. Wanna see pics of my cabs and my business license? :)
Name/address of the place would be a nice starter, but anything to validate would be good.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:26:08 AM »
MBAA is about $3000 cheaper than KoFXII.

That doesnt sound right.

Yes, i would like to see pics of various proof.

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 05:19:18 AM »
If this happens, I'd be there.
-Tsubasa

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Away
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »
Well this certainly seems more legit than last time. If this does indeed happen I will definitely come to play on the cab. What is the venue exactly? An arcade or something else?

Offline tenkai#

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »
...anything else? DNA sample, perhaps? Really guys, I have better things to do with my time than troll forums... especially Melty forums. I'm probably older than everyone here, too old for that kind of shit:)

Please understand that we've had an experience with a troll before who said that there was a venue with MBAA that even had some foreign exchange Japanese students playing on it, so we can't help but be skeptical. The fact that you posted pictures up this time is really helpful in alleviating skepticism. I live very close to SF, so I'll be checking this out whenever you have it ready.

By the way, what are your thoughts on getting Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for your arcade? I know there are quite a few people in the area (including myself) who would like a nice arcade venue with the game, especially on Japanese parts. The closest arcade that has it is San Jose State University - an hour away. I realize that arcade cabinets are already quite costly, so it's understandable if you don't want to invest in another one at the moment; I'd just like to hear your thoughts on obtaining one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 12:07:26 PM by tenkai# »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
No hard feelings, just don't want to get hype over nothing

I'll stay tuned for updates

thundering waterfalls

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 04:29:17 PM »
If there were to be a MBAA Cab in SF, I would show up daily.

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »
This is getting hype.
-Tsubasa

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 06:45:40 PM »

Scott: KoFXII is currently being offered at anywhere from $3500-$4000, not including shipping. I've been quoted $1500 shipped for MBAA used. So it's more like $2000 difference, but you get the idea. Still a significant difference. No way I'm going to pay $2500 for new MBAA hahahaha. No reason to, really.

I'd rather take my chances with a niche game like MBAA, because it is cheaper, and no one around here has it...

ahh okay, that makes a little more sense.

well dude, youre the 2nd person i've come across that wanted to open up an arcade in this terrible environment, in more ways than one, and since youre already committed, the only thing i can say is GOOD LUCK.

i don't think MBAA is worth getting unless you know you have a standard base of fighting game fans first. That's your 3s, Mvc2, cvs2, GGAC players. Get MBAA if you have those already.

my advice on KOF12, don't even consider to get it until it falls to $2500 or less. (and it will, because the revenue data from it is pretty poor)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:49:02 PM by scottind »

Offline kazuo

• Apprentice
  • King of Southtown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »
Daka and tenka, no worries dude. I saw the troll thread and honestly I didn't think too much of it.. but being that I'm not a huge Meltan fan, makes sense that some of the core users would take it differently. So the skepticism is understandable.

Scott, yeah, the economy sucks, but at the same time I see the opportunity it presents to me. Not so much in (possibly, maybe even likely?) decreased revenue, but the chance to load up for cheap and move forward. I'm not opening my own spot yet (still working on that), but in the meantime I will be running these cabs in an existing business. The plan is to open my own spot by the end of the year, provided everything works out. I won't be picking up KoFXII unless it drops to $2000. Waste of money, IMO.

Right on everybody! Seriously, if you guys know other forum members that would be interested, let them know and tell them to vote.. the more votes I see, the better I feel about the purchase. :)

Offline Hotdogs McGee

• Wrestling Master
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • KEN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 11:35:27 PM »
I'd be interested in showing up if you got MBAA. I say you should get KOFXII, because I know I'd play it along with a couple others *looks at David*

When KOFXII comes out on console I don't think it'd be a big deal, SF4 is out on console and I still see plenty of people playing it in the arcades.
Mizuki: "And I think WC MBAC are faggots anyways, so what's the point?"

Apparently everyone that goes to West Toast is a faggot thanks for helping the community Mizuki

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »
SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Also what are the chances of you getting a shmup like Mushihimesama Futari?

Offline kazuo

• Apprentice
  • King of Southtown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »
Sarsaparilla: If I put it a Cave shooter at this point, it's going to be Death Lolitas (lol)/MBL or Pink Sweets. When I get my own spot, I'll probably have more shooters.

I'm more of a hori fan than a vert one, so I'd probably go DS or maybe even Progear hahaha.

Only ten votes? Come on guys, I thought NorCal Mashy Brud was serious business! ;) Show me your moves!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »
the norcal thread hasnt seen a post for several months now lol but i wouldn't get my hopes up. we'll see @_@
thundering waterfalls

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 12:01:45 AM »
Progear

:emo:

My vote for Pink Sweets then please! Hori shmups make about as much sense to me as people who play on stick with their hands in reversed positions.

Nothing wrong with that lol, it's just I don't understand how it works.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:08:19 AM by Sarsaparilla »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Alright it's clear that I need to ask some former Norcal players and interested Norcal denizens to vote seeing as this forum has been considered dead to Norcal for a very long time now.

@kazuo: Rest assured that I will not ask people outside of Norcal to vote.
thundering waterfalls

Offline breadbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »
I live in SF and I'm very interested  ;D.  Is this a new establishment?  I wouldn't mind going since it's a short bus ride for me.
All stoic girls are so cool.  All except those who can see magical lines and cracks because they're high.

Offline kazuo

• Apprentice
  • King of Southtown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »
Thanks for the help, daka.

riot: It's an existing establishment, just tossing some cabs in there for the shit of it while I find a spot where the neighbours won't hate.

I'll keep you guys updated, ball is rolling on the permit, just waiting on the city... also waiting for the vendor to get back to me on whether or not he can get version A.

Offline Hotdogs McGee

• Wrestling Master
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • KEN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »
Is there cheap parking around there? From what I can remember it's just street parking.
Mizuki: "And I think WC MBAC are faggots anyways, so what's the point?"

Apparently everyone that goes to West Toast is a faggot thanks for helping the community Mizuki

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
hey kazuo, what do you think about Akatsuki Blitzkampf? It's also on the NAOMI.
thundering waterfalls