hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: AnimeNext NJ  (Read 4916 times)

Offline Epilogue

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
AnimeNext NJ
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
Anyone going to AnimeNext this weekend and any news on Melty Blood there?

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Re: AnimeNext NJ
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:06:58 PM »
This is a year late, but same question: AnimeNEXT NJ 2013? Anyone? ..........................................~chirp chirp

Offline HQ-Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ExHERRRROOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »
If you're planning to go to Otakon in Baltimore, MD I'll be there. I might be there for AniNext

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
This is a year late, but same question: AnimeNEXT NJ 2013? Anyone? ..........................................~chirp chirp
Your best bet would be to attend the event...with a laptop that has CC already installed...bust it out and put it on display somewhere - anywhere - and see if you'll get someone - anyone's - attention in the venue (Bonus points if you bring extra peripherals). It's better than sitting on your hands waiting for someone else to take on the task...Like much of the community has done since CC's release.

If you're really that hungry, you can do something proactive like set up an official tourney thread for this event to see who may be interested and grab at least on person's attention. That way, instead of using your hands as a chair you could be using them to press buttons that day.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:37:36 PM by ZARbomb »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:55:40 PM »
AnimeNEXT is in Somerset, NJ at the Garden State Exhibit Center, which is located at 50 Atrium Drive Somerset, NJ 08873-4164 on June 7-9, 2013. Pre-registration ends May 24. However, pre-order tickets are for three whole days, so plan ahead!
http://www.animenext.org/
I'll probably be bringing my laptop, but it's a cruddy 13", so if anyone's interested in bringing anything (laptops, peripherals, people), please notify us here.

I hope I can learn stick before then...my pad is dying on me day by day...

Offline ❀Mote Of Dust❀

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »
I and a friend will be attending animenext, look forward to some melty blood action :3

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »
I and a friend will be attending animenext, look forward to some melty blood action :3
The one at Somerset? YES. HELL YES.

Would you happen to be bringing your own peripherals? The moar PCs, the better too. Like I said, it's gonna be kinda awkward with me sitting at a table playing on my laptop all by myself when I've paid $55 bucks to get into this place.

So, what days are we all attending? I'm going for the 3-day package.

Offline ❀Mote Of Dust❀

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
yeah, my friend can probably, PROBABLY bring his laptop, and we'll have our own sticks and whatnot.

I suspect we will be there probably just the 7th and the 8th, save the  sunday fee to get a figure/statue  :nyoro:

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
Good work taking initiative, guys. Hope y'all can pull the magic 8 for a tourney or something.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »
I suspect we will be there probably just the 7th and the 8th, save the  sunday fee to get a figure/statue  :nyoro:
You are aware that the three-day fee is nearly identical to a single day, right? Might as well buy the three-day ticket, and then come in for 2 days. Way cheaper than buying 2 one-day tickets.

EDIT:
Good work taking initiative, guys. Hope y'all can pull the magic 8 for a tourney or something.
Thanks, although any match against me is free, so I can't include myself as a viable tourney contender.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:07:43 AM by hipikachu »

Offline ❀Mote Of Dust❀

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
So my life kind of turned around. I lost my current job, the money I had saved for this is now going to rent this month, and I am taking a job in texas.

Wow.

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:56 AM »
Wow, that sounds tough   :o   Hope things turn around for you soon~

And as for the scene, it looks like SSBB again this year....

Psst. You sure? Two days added together is about $90, but the three day ticket is about $55-$60 if you can get enough friends to go.

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »
Guys. The convention is a like a week from now. Any confirmed players yet?

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24:45 AM »
Okay guys. Major disappointment. No one arrived. Let's do it right this time. 2014 here we come:
Pre-register today or tommorow with discount code: wonder
This will reduce adult passes to $35 bucks, and group passes to $30. I want to see you damn people here this year. In the meantime, does anyone have a trendy gaming PC available with MB installed on it? My cruddy 13" attracted no one. I'm almost done modding my stick, so I'll be sure to bring that once I've learnt how to use it.
Let's get people in this thread first, and then begin splitting into groups and brackets if we get that far. If you have any questions regarding location and times, contact me as I now have the experience to answer these types of questions.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:13:58 PM by hipikachu »

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »
I've never been to conventions like these, but shouldn't it have something like a message board? Next year, you should speak with the event organizers to see if they can help you set something up, spread the word, whatever. A man and his laptop could mean anything at public events (especially at Anime conventions  :laffo:), and so it's not really a surprise that no one approached you or paid any mind, sadly.

I'm sure you could also gauge interest with the actual convention goers this way with a thread, basic info, w/e. Sure, chances are the level of play is not gonna be stellar. In fact, they could just be literally 10-minutes-in button mashers with no sense of how to play a fighter. Some will be content with that, others will want to get better. Don't sleep on either group when trying to form a community or to just mash buttons for fun. Be inclusive and proactive and things will look up as long as you're realistic.

Finally, try attending actual fighting game events or meet-ups in your area. Hell, I heard Smash kids love anime most of the time. Some of the better players I've recruited come from SSBM.

Hmm, I see what you get there. I'm fully aware that I did not make myself very approachable, but still, I was grasping at straws for literally anything. Then I jumped ship to BB for awhile :P I've recruited plenty of Smash kids into anime, few into Melty Blood. In fact, the few I did recruit, got bored of FGs besides SSBB in general. It's kinda frustrating, really. But I mean it when I say that there is really no FGC here in Edison. I've thankfully met quite a few chill dudes in NJ at the NEXT this year, but none of them came from anywhere near my township. I'll try again this year, and will keep this thread updated to catch anyone from NJ who might think he/she is alone.