When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 416979 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1000 on: February 28, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
What waifus? :-\

If this is still happening, I'll be there between 8-9. I'd rather not bail since I still have Fri-Sat off. No idea what my new days off will be but with any luck I'm hoping Sun-Mon at the very least. It's been almost a month since I was last out there so half of this would be just another reason to hang out after so long.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 28, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
Oh you mean coming over today (friday). If you want im still available late. I just don't have as much time. Unless I get off early I don't get home till 10:30 but ill still be up till 2.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 28, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »
Alright, guess I'll be there.
:prinny:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 01, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »
Damnit Carlos. That shadow song has been stuck in my head all day. What was her name again?

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 01, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »
Lindsey Stirling.  Welcome to my world.  iTunes reports 150-200 plays for pretty much every other of her songs.  Shadows has around 1,400, which doesn't include times listened to through my phone or watching the video.  I've lost entire days to that song, and I just mean listening to it.  Learning to play it is something else.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:10:05 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 02, 2014, 12:55:56 AM »
It was nice to hang out again after so long.

Moving forward, my new schedule unfortunately has my days off as Thu-Fri starting on the 15th. :( So we'll see how meetups will work with everyone's schedules in the upcoming months.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 02, 2014, 01:34:31 AM »
I guess it'll depend on what hours you work.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 03, 2014, 05:11:48 PM »
In case anyone hasn't heard, US PSN +R is finally out. If anyone wants to brave the annals of +R online, let me know and I will invite you to the +R PSN chat room (believe it or not, I have actually found some people I have a good connection with).

Oh, and H-F, I ran into Numakie and your former SoCal Melty peers when I was at SCR. They said hi.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:59:44 PM by Orrax »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 03, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »
+R PSN patch finally hits, everyone hyped for Xrd.  Derp.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »
We can still be hype for Xrd while playing +R.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 03, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »
Yeah, but I'm debating whether or not I want to put in the effort given that I'd have to deal with more than a few tweaks and I have so much other stuff going on.  If I do, I'll probably learn Dizzy on the side since they killed Venom for me when they nixed freeze balls.  Either way, I won't be playing online; too much potential lag induced rage.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 04, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
My new schedule is Thu-Fri off, 1:30pm-10. So that's what it'll be unless/if I can swap with someone.

@Orrax: Thanks for delivering the message from my SoCal melty pals. Though they can always just get at me on aim or whatever to stop in and say hi. lol

So yeah +R finally hit US PSN but bleh. It took them long enough. I don't mind playing +R but considering that Xrd is using #R as a code base, it makes me wonder if +R is really worth investing time into at this point. Hell, I had the crazy idea of playing #R until Xrd as dumb as that sounds. The system differences between #R and +R are just way too different at this point.

Also, AH3LM comes out at the end of May, and AH3 is more or less going to be my focus until then. Yes, LM is a rebalancing of AH3 but the differences between the 2 aren't as sweeping as +R and Xrd. Getting back into AH3 is a good way to re-familiarze myself with the engine. So if this forum has an ignore feature of any kind, then add me to it because I get the feeling people are going to get annoyed real fast with me talking about the game if they haven't already. If not, then bummer. I know it's never been easy being around me and my preference for fighting games that aren't named GG/MB. All anime joking and bullshit aside, I like the game very much, it's well-done, and I feel like people don't give it a fair chance. But that's just me.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 04, 2014, 01:11:54 AM »
People deal with my talking about F/UC.  What makes you think they'd want to block you for talking about AH?

Edit: Welp, guess I'll be sticking with fighters for a bit longer.  Ordered a new converter.  Lina and Etta vouched for it being solid at EVO, and I've seen lots of posts echoing that.  Only seen two reports of them not working right after a while, so I'll take my chances.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:19:09 AM by Ryd »

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:21 AM »
Yeah, but I'm debating whether or not I want to put in the effort given that I'd have to deal with more than a few tweaks and I have so much other stuff going on.  If I do, I'll probably learn Dizzy on the side since they killed Venom for me when they nixed freeze balls.  Either way, I won't be playing online; too much potential lag induced rage.

Well, I hope you do put in the effort (sounds like you will be given that you're getting a new converter). I lost to a Testament at SCR and I need more experience against his new tech. That and you're always fun to play against.

The online is spotty, but there are still good matches to be had. Most of my matches were really smooth yesterday. I feel like it's worth a try, but I can understand not wanting to bother.

Oh, and how's violin coming along? Are we ever gonna jam??

As for the #R vs +R thing, I really don't see any reason to play #R over +R. Xrd has changed enough that I don't think it's going to matter. And, imho, +R is a MUCH better game than #R, probably the best GG iteration to date (the matches I played at SCR only helped to solidify that opinion). I'll still play #R with people if they want, but I prefer +R. I'm still down for those #Reload vs Slash matches, though!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 04, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
Things I did not notice until now:
HS Beast: FRC 13-14F -> 2-9F
Warrant: counters blockable attack on 4-19F -> 2-19F

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Too bad Warrant's animation was increased by 10 frames.  But it could be as simple a fix as actually using the FRC, or just an RC.  Which will have to be done anyway since HS Beast doesn't scoop anymore.  On that note, the new HS Beast FRC is crazy good.  Managing setups with both Beasts for their delayable points will take some doing.  Should've stuck with learning Aoko :V

Oh, and how's violin coming along? Are we ever gonna jam??

The violin is coming along, but I don't think I'm ready for a session quite yet given that with the exception of the song that has claimed my soul, everything I am learning/have learned to play is classical.  Practicing almost every day for an hour+, so progress is being made, but my intonation still needs some work, though it's worlds better than it once was, and there are a couple of other minor things that need to be ironed out through practice. 

Edit:  Testament's corner game feels like it'd be bullshit to deal with.  Pressure for days with a single HS Beast FRC, FB Phantom Soul to make you not want to move, S Beast -> teleport crossup into traps.  He feels ridiculously offensive now (in more ways than one  :V).  His potential damage is lower, but it seems like his opportunities to score hits is a lot higher.  I'd hate to have to keep track of everything that can be going on at once.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:50:14 PM by Ryd »

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 04, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »
Edit:  Testament's corner game feels like it'd be bullshit to deal with.  Pressure for days with a single HS Beast FRC, FB Phantom Soul to make you not want to move, S Beast -> teleport crossup into traps.  He feels ridiculously offensive now (in more ways than one  :V).  His potential damage is lower, but it seems like his opportunities to score hits is a lot higher.  I'd hate to have to keep track of everything that can be going on at once.

When I fought that Testament player at SCR, once he got his game going on me, I was screwed. I'm sure there are ways out, but I don't know them. I managed to beat him later in the team battle because I didn't let him get the momentum.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 04, 2014, 11:37:34 PM »
Sounds about right.  Provided Testament knows what he's doing, he feels like he's become a character that you have to shut down before he can start.

Grinding and experimenting with setups.  Midscreen curse blockstrings, corner pressure, getting the timing to teleport between S Beast vacuum and running into a tree or web.  Good times.  Not sure about his combos though.  They seem pretty limited now, but I guess that's fair when you consider his new pressure and mixup.

Edit: I take back my remarks about his combos/damage.  Don't fall for HS Beast FRC teleport mixup unless you like losing half your life  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:18:16 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 05, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
@Orrax: If you don't mined, send me an invite to the +R chat room. There's a slight chance that I might try online considering it would probably take a long time to find a match otherwise. I don't have high hopes though. I'll pm you my PSN name.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 05, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »
H-F, I sent you a friend request. I can only invite friends, so I have to friend you before I can invite you. If you want to unfriend me after you get the invite, feel free. Or don't, it's your call.

In other news, I've decided to buy a stick, for real this time and not a cheap piece of shit that's broken right out of the box (at least, that's the plan). I made a post about it over on Dustloop (link) that says the sticks I'm considering, but I thought I'd bring it up here because I don't think everyone checks Dustloop. Bottom line, I want something that's decent that I can replace the parts in if need be, and I don't mind spending a little extra for something better. Any thoughts on the sticks I posted in that link, or recommendations for something else?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:06:50 PM by Orrax »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »
You can't go wrong with a Hori.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: March 05, 2014, 10:55:14 PM »
You can't go wrong with a Hori.

Hmm, that seems to be what everyone's saying. Ok, looks like I'll get that one, then. Thanks!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 05, 2014, 11:26:43 PM »
I should be free Friday night if you guys are hosting.  Otherwise I'll see if Ruben's hosting MB/GG.  Or I'll stay home and lab it up.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:06 AM »
@Orrax: I'll accept the friend request as soon as I can. Don't worry, my friend's list isn't all that big so I don't have a reason to unfriend you. If anything, I need to unfriend these people on my list who haven't signed into PSN for 2-3 years.

This week I still have Friday off. That's another thing I had in mind as well, when sessions are being held. I know Ruben typically hosts on Fridays so there could be some scheduling conflicts that come up. My upcoming schedule so far is still Thu-Fri off for me unless I trade with someone.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »
I sent the invite. If for any reason you didn't get it, just let me know.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 06, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »
We've always been rather loose with the session scheduling. Hell, didn't we run them on Wednesday at one point? Yeesh. If people want to come Friday or Saturday, that's fine.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!