hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 419002 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #625 on: March 16, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »
Earlier meetup today then?  What time?
:prinny:

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »
I can still stay up. Just not till like 2 in the morning. The OT is only for like 4 hours.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2013, 12:50:06 PM »
I suppose we can still technically cut it close, just not quite until 2. :V What was the last series we were Let's Playing? It's been so long I forgot. :|

I just remembered, here's that site with all the TTT2 frame data that I mentioned last week: http://rbnorway.org/ttt2-frame-data/

I'll try to be there around 4-ish or so.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 16, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »
So we still care about Tekken, then?  :nyoro:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 16, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »
I'll play it, can't say the same about everyone else though. Haven't played it in ages so eh. We all know how tight people get playing that game. That site came to mind because last week when we were watching Savage Saturdays, they weren't able to stream the Tag 2 grand finals because of technical issues. GM was probably gonna take it anyway because he was gonna stop hop kicking. :laffo: I've been in a casual mood lately anyway.

If we can be there somewhat late, do I need to bring my PS2 for whatever it is we were playing last time? :V

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: March 16, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
I already have mine packed up, so no.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 16, 2013, 01:50:26 PM »
Ill play tekken as well. Though I kind of want to play P4 today.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 16, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
Ok so I don't need to bring my PS2 then. Good because I can't find my power adapter. :psyduck:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 16, 2013, 11:37:27 PM »
GGs today.  I need to stay refreshed on these games; forgetting too much shit due to not touching the games in forever.  Oddly enough, I was brushing up on Tekken stuff before heading over, then ended up playing P4 the whole time  :bricks:

Good shit to H-F for blowing my mind today.  No offense, but I honestly didn't peg you as the type to give a shit about anything music-related that didn't originate from an awesome game soundtrack (Castlevania, etc.)  Not that identifying Guns 'n Roses is anything huge, but when Tempered can't peg the bands and he openly likes rock, and Dippy actively trying not to so he can hide how old he is...  And in all fairness, you've never responded once to Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc.; so going all "hey, I know that band"... :psyduck:

Tempered = Yui is not a connection I was hoping to make tonight.  Ugh.

Dippy = Sawako.  I can totally see that.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 17, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »
Yeah ive been kind of trying to cycle the games we play to keep myself refreshed as well.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »
Hey guys, let's all play LoL. :bricks:

I kind of feel bad, feeling kind of responsible for the lack of direction from us for a while. Then again, maybe that's the point. I don't have much of a problem with people coming by and doing not much in particular in honest.

I think, on my end the problem is I learn games the same way I play them -- that and I have the mentality that you can't play a fighting game casually and enjoy it... not initially, at least.

If the forum was more active, I have a feeling we would be all switching to K-On avatars.  :gonk:
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 17, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »
GGs today.  I need to stay refreshed on these games; forgetting too much shit due to not touching the games in forever.  Oddly enough, I was brushing up on Tekken stuff before heading over, then ended up playing P4 the whole time  :bricks:

Good shit to H-F for blowing my mind today.  No offense, but I honestly didn't peg you as the type to give a shit about anything music-related that didn't originate from an awesome game soundtrack (Castlevania, etc.)  Not that identifying Guns 'n Roses is anything huge, but when Tempered can't peg the bands and he openly likes rock, and Dippy actively trying not to so he can hide how old he is...  And in all fairness, you've never responded once to Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc.; so going all "hey, I know that band"... :psyduck:

Tempered = Yui is not a connection I was hoping to make tonight.  Ugh.

Dippy = Sawako.  I can totally see that.
A compliment? Whoah now, I must have done something wrong here :V j/k lol I recognized the songs because I remember hearing them some time ago, and people used them for certain videos. Plus the Mega Man series making references to the band, etc. I suppose music just isn't something that I discuss very often, let alone provide insight as to what kind of music I listen to. :-X

Funny how you said you were brushing up on Tekken but ending up playing P4 the entire time, when it was the other way around for me, though I did actually play P4 matches. :V The thing is, when Tempered mentioned P4 yesterday, I got the bright idea of practicing a little before heading over so I wouldn't get wrecked. Then I realized that Tempered still has my copy. :gonk:

Good shit to Tempered for playing Tekken with me and neither of us getting aggravated. That's probably a first. :-\ If anything we were laughing at a lot of the silliness that happened, namely the amazing camera work. I don't play Kaz, I just wanted to joke around with him after seeing that tutorial and the author's funny way of pronouncing PEWGF. lol In training mode I was going random select practicing combos I'm never gonna use. :|

also, for Tempered: http://youtu.be/838TtfKd6WQ

dippy I know you wanted to play some VF, but I just wasn't in the right mindset for it. I've been thinking about this for some time as well, but ever since Melty stopped being the focus, things just haven't been the same. As stated a while ago, every one of us will play a certain game but not some others. I don't suppose anything can really be done about that. Can't enjoy playing fighters casually, well initially? Well you guys were playing KOF: MIRA some time ago, don't tell me those were SUPER srsbsnss matches. If that's what it comes down to, I think we've really lost it. :slowpoke: But overall I've just been playing FGs casually for the most part. It's why I didn't get too upset after not having played P4 in a while and actually being able to laugh while playing Tekken. Also, I know what game you were talking about and trying to get me to play. tbh, I've seen it and it's a beat 'em up that looks like a decent game, though I can't say the same about the game the cast is originally from. But I do intend to get it at some point, dunno when, but I need achievement points. I do NOT have a waifu. wtf man. >:(

Which kinda leads into my next thought. shoutouts to wanting to tie me up to get me to watch K-On. Sorry, but I'm just not anime enough. :'( Maybe someday. Maybe. From what I could overhear, everyone else is like one of the characters from that series...except me. And if that's the case, I'm safe.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:58:52 PM by thee3rd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 17, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »
Hey, I go into every match of games like MIRA and F/UC full-on srsbsnss, like it's the last one I'll ever play  >:(  Mostly because I never know when I'll be able to con someone into playing them again :V

It's really only Tempered that is accurately personified in K-On.  Yui is a lazy ass, a slut for free food, never has money, and has a weird ass train of thought.  If that isn't an accurate description of Tempered, I don't know what is.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 21, 2013, 12:34:26 PM »
Sat might work for me this week, though I won't make it till 7ish; I'll post for sure tomorrow.

The word of the day is "juxtapose".

Edit:  Tempered, get this ready for next time we have time for random games:

http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/ib.htm
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:22:30 PM by xXKawaiiDesuDesuNekoChanXx »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 21, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »
I'm sorry Ryd, I had to edit the name. It was breaking the goddamn template.

That's one way to live life, play every game like it's your last... because when the game is dead, it probably is. :gonk:
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 22, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
That's a shame.  It wasn't intentional, but after I saw it, I thought breaking the template fit the name perfectly.

I can do today and meet around 4-5, or tomorrow or Sunday and not make it till around 7.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 22, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »
I kinda like how it spilled over into the thread title with each post though I'm curious as to why the name chance to something like...that. Though I'm afraid to ask why because there's a big angry black man pointing at me. :-X

I'm ok with tomorrow. Probably be there around 4-ish or so.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 22, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
whatever works

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 23, 2013, 01:42:49 AM »
I guess I'll be there after work.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »
so whats going on this weekend since nobody is going to FR

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 29, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Tomorrow works for me, but I'll probably be tired as hell.  Sunday will probably be an option, too, since I'm a heathen and whatnot.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 29, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »
Only tomorrow would work for me since I'm attending a family dinner on Sunday night. :-X

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 31, 2013, 04:08:13 PM »
I think one of ya'll might've taken a controller to many.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 31, 2013, 04:14:34 PM »
I didn't take any since I didn't bring any, so it seems H-F has moved beyond power cables.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 31, 2013, 11:47:16 PM »
whoops my bad. :nyoro: Just checked my bag and I did end up with an extra controller. Unless one of you jerks decided to stick it in there just to pin it on me. The power cable used last night is one that I brought though.

Tag 2 was fun last night. Think it's the first time we all played without exploding or anything.

Highlights:
- whiffing Dragon Kick point blank in a possible balcony break combo. The game should have just considered that a self ringout and started the next round.
- Start of the round Can-Can beating out first hit of Acid Rain at the start position. :laffo:
- "FINALLY got it" wall combos
- Raged Law f,f+3 clean hit doing 60%+ on a raw tag in. Yo uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh!!!  :-X
- Getting hit by 2 or 3 unblockables or something.  :-\
- launch > d/b+4,3~5 followups. I kinda like that. Gonna try to fiddle around with it more.

One day I'm gonna punish Tooth Fairy with Tooth Fairy again.  :-\