When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 407684 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2012, 03:26:42 PM »
Ted, you probably wouldn't like Tira.  Her bipolar personality is reflected in her playstyle, and I don't think you could cope very well with shifting between passive and aggressive playstyles based on a crapshoot that you have limited control over.
:prinny:

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
I used to play Tira in SC3. Is she similar? I moved to her from Ivy because lololol Ivy changes way too much between renditions.

For Arcana Heart 3 I've picked up Plant Lilica. Hot loops, yo. I've also worked with a lot of different Arcanas with Maori and Liese. Still unsure what I want for Liese, though. D= People keep yelling at me to use Halo or Fire.
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »
Tira has two "stances": jolly and gloomy.  In jolly, her moves generally aren't as fast/safe, but have a bit more emphasis on range, her damage is a lot lower, and she only has two moves that are self-damaging; she generally plays a lot more passively and keep-awayish here.  In gloomy, her moves are generally faster/safer, her damage is a lot higher, and she has a larger variety of attacks that hurt herself; gloomy Tira likes to be aggressive as fuck.  Transitioning between the two is a bitch, with two exceptions: she automatically shifts state at 40% health, and using her super while in jolly will force a switch to gloomy.  Other than that, she has a bunch of moves that have varying degrees of success at switching states depending on if they whiff/hit/are blocked; what's especially aggravating is that it's generally much easier to randomly shift from gloomy to jolly than vice versa.  What's even more aggravating is that the moves that can switch you from gloomy to jolly tend to be really good, while jolly only has one good move that might switch you to gloomy, but it has crap range.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
Melty is far from dead. I'll still play it.

Uh yeah, SC3 and SC5 are two VERY different games. The movelists in SC5 are incredibly smaller by comparison among other things.

It's been well over a year and you STILL don't have a definitive arcana choice for Lies? Ummm... :psyduck:

I can imagine the Nightmare matchup is a nightmare (no pun intended) for Pat since his range is actually quite short. But I have yet to play the matchup so I can't really say. It feels like at times he just flat out sucks. Well I wouldn't say he sucks, he's just painfully average and all the other Alexander characters are just better than him. I could probably play any one of them and put in the same time and probably get much better mileage. At least, that's how I feel about it. I'd like to get matchup exp. against other characters rather than playing the same 2-3 people all the time but these tourneys are in the early afternoon on Saturday which makes it a real pain in the ass to attend.

I really wanna play Arcana again, but I kinda wanna play Melty, and I wanna keep playing SC5. Too much in so little time. Then VF5FS comes out sometime soon which I kinda wanna try but hell, that requires a lot of time invested. blargh

With any luck, I might get out early tomorrow since today wasn't very busy, yet they refused to let anyone out early. I'm hoping tomorrow is just as dead since most people would probably be out of town. But if not, I'll be there after 7.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2012, 08:01:54 PM »
CC still makes me mad, but I've gone over that enough.  I probably should just play Nero.  Has the same playstyle as my F-Akiha, and they both do around the same damage in CC without F-Akiha's unblockable bullshit (nerf technical play, leave that shit in; balance!), but Nero does it better in pretty much every way now.  Or I could bandwagon Sacchin.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »
Playing MB last night reminded me of how much I miss playing it. :\
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »
Yup exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a8mwuFY0X4o I dont know what to think about what im seeing.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
GGs in SC5 last night. Sadly I didn't get any time in for MB but if people wanna play it again next weekend I will.

As for GGAC+R, this will probably be what gets me back into the game. It's been so long.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2012, 05:13:56 PM »
Yeah, saw that on Nico yesterday.  Unless Testament's taking some hefty nerfs in other areas, he might be really retarded.  Changes:

New/old-EX-Testament move: Warrant teleport w/out needing to catch an attack; two varieties, 22P, 22K.  Not sure on the differences between the two, probably the position he teleports to.  Should still have old Warrant as well.

Delayed EXE Beasts.  Not sure if all are delayed now, or if it's optional.  Still unknown if delay is set or negative edge, and if the FRC was preserved on them.

FB Phantom Soul.  Homing bullshit at decent speed.

With the new Beasts, Testament might be able to get tighter corner lockdown for days than he could before.  New Warrant means even more mixup opportunities; curious to see how well he can pick up off them, though Zeinest/Hitomi can always be used if he has too much delay.  Bullshit potential is going through the roof here.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »
I still don't have an Arcana for Liese yet because I don't have anyone to play with to see what works. xD If you'd play with me sometime.... ^_^

As for Melty, I just dislike the way it's moved. I liked Melty before, but I feel like too many moons just aren't viable and it bothers me. I mean, I could stick with scumbag C-Sei but there are other characters I want to play too.

Like H-W.Len and H-Sei and stuff like that. Makes it hard when they get almost nothing compared to other moons. That and all the stupid crap that's in the game now. Like those V.Akiha loops or that W.Len loop. A lot of bnbs are just stupid now.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »
I don't think it's a problem of viability with moons in most cases so much as it is that others are just better thought out.  Most character/moon combos are playable, they just end up really basic or another moon/character does it better, because fleshing out over 50 characters to make them feel reasonably unique doesn't work if you want to release a game sometime in the next century.  Basic can work, but it's not very fun.  Characters like F-S.Akiha are the embodiment of this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:22:20 PM by Ryd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2012, 07:56:45 PM »
So how is Saturday/Sunday looking for you guys?

I'm not even sure what to play at this point... for the next 4-5 days, anyway.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2012, 08:22:53 PM »
4-5 days? Why's that? Oh, I think I know why. :V

No half days for me this weekend since someone took all the hours. Sucks. I'm ok with Sunday night again so I'll be there after 7. I'll play MB since I didn't get any last weekend.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
doesnt matter to me. all the same. i like sunday more though. seems easier for more people
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2012, 07:37:13 AM »
God damn it H-F, I'm going to be cleaning up chunks of Sion out of the carpet for days. Thanks, jerk. :V

Ryd, is there a reason why your brother doesn't play MB at all?

So who is hype for PhantomChaosBreakerCurrentCode next week?

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2012, 08:10:25 AM »
I don't think he likes playing it much.  He's given it a shot before, messed around with C-Warc; didn't stick.  I don't think he really wants to learn the combos + all the other shit.  Not that I blame him at this point, MB scene being what it is.  SC's the only series he's really put any amount of time into though; he started back in SC2, mostly trolling with Yoshimitsu.  He'd probably still be playing him if Yoshi still had the uber-troll voice.  I think he might pick up the P4 fightah, if only because he likes the series.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »
God damn it H-F, I'm going to be cleaning up chunks of Sion out of the carpet for days. Thanks, jerk. :V

So who is hype for PhantomChaosBreakerCurrentCode next week?
My pleasure. Any time.

And wtf is that game? afaik there's nothing coming out next week. Thought you'd be too focused on VF5:FS to think of anything else right now anyway. :psyduck:

*scans above post*

Good.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
You lucked out because the board doesn't allow smilies in sigs despite the rules saying bbcode and smilies are allowed, so the :prinny: that I set way back before this was even possible managed to slip through the cracks somehow.  Between your rather fetching statement about your true nature and potentially losing the prinny forever, I'm sorry to say that I have to choose the prinny.  A pity, too, because I was going to go all in on that shit.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »
Huh? I was referring to the actual content of your post. But whatever sinister plan was festering in your diseased mind, it sounds like you missed your only chance.  >:D

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2012, 10:31:43 AM »
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/west-toast-xvi-(jun-23-24)-super-arcade-(bbggsgmbmany-more!)/

do any of you guys wanna come down to super arcade for west toast? :O (or are guys gonna save up for dat anime expo)

<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »
Most of AZ is either too poor or busy to go out to a random event in SoCal like that.

As for AX, I'm the only person from this group going. So you get the worst player out of all of us -- sorry! Maybe I can bring you a gothiloli at AX to make up for it.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
Well we did go to WT14 on a little short notice, so it's not completely out of the ordinary. But this feels like it's approaching fast so I'd say it's unlikely. Plus we're playing too many different games right now. :|

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
Hey guys. I'll be in town July 6th - July 8th. Have something going on so I can play you guys in Melty or Arcana. =D

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
Hey guys. I'll be in town July 6th - July 8th. Have something going on so I can play you guys in Melty or Arcana. =D
There's a tournament called Evolution going on during that time, you may have heard of it?

I know I'll be in Vegas at that time, and Ryd and Tempered may be going as well.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »
ahh ok all right then
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community