hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 423926 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »
If I make it down this weekend, I'll help you out with those decals; playing around with Asuka and Alisa gave me a lot of practice.  Sometimes you have to concede on a slightly different shade for your outfit since the "patches" I use to hide ugly shit don't always match up with the color editing system's numbers due to clothes textures, inherent reflectiveness, and whatnot.

Fuck Asuka's CH df+2~CC f+2 link.  Also slowly working on solidifying my attacks with Violet.  I have a ghetto Law slide/WS launcher mix-up, but I don't think Lili can capitalize on the tag buffer due to the low-far float on it.  And now I'm curious if Asuka can catch that shit with her iWR3, but I've turned off the system for now :gonk:  Yeah, I'm messing with the idea of shuffling between team members to see how shit goes, but I still haven't found anything for my other characters that really works off Alisa's semi-practical huge launchers.

I should probably get that netplay code, but then it'd probably just rot like my DoA code.  Plus, GG on PSN this week; but since it's not +R, I feel slightly less compelled to go in on it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:25:13 PM by Ryd »
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 30, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »
I've tried mixing and matching my teams around a little bit and I think some of them work to an extent but I suppose that's because 2 of them are nearly identical. :V I haven't invested much time into them otherwise. I still get kinda annoyed how some combos will drop when you're just very slightly off axis. I could obviously go with options that are more stable and slightly less damaging (we're talking like 2-3 points damage less), but I'm stubborn about maximizing damage. :gonk:

GG is finally getting released on PSN so I'll be picking that up just as something to do during off-time but I won't be on it that much since it isn't +R.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:27 AM »
Status update: feeling a lot better today.  12ish hours of sleep seems to have worked wonders.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
Wish I could recovery from colds that fast. Or at least feel much better sooner. :-\ So should we meet up later then? After 5?

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »
I'll probably be home a bit later than I though. But yeah. After 5 or 6 should be fine. Also I can risk getting sick.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
I'll probably be leaving a bit closer to 5 or so, and it usually takes me a half hour to get there. Any ideas where we should go for food? :|

I've got a headache right now so I'll probably take a nap. I should try getting 12 hours of sleep sometime.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
I'm starting to think there's some bizarre event going on in Tekken, or I just hit some kind of in-game jackpot.  I've been getting lucky boxes non-stop for the last...I don't know...40+ minutes I think.

Edit: Almost an hour later...still getting them.

Edit2: Quit ghost mode twice and gone back in and still getting them.  Pity I have to stop for the night.  Oh well, easy 30mil.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:08:41 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2012, 08:20:42 PM »
wtf I can't remember the last time I had a lucky box streak like that. Even during online player or ranked matches. I want more cash. :gonk:

I dunno who to take into Ghost mode right now. I'm afraid if I do that then I might end up wanting to play said characters. :-\ Also remember, YOU made that Ogre costume, so YOU need to use it at some point. :bricks: You buy it you use it.

I'll probably be playing one of my friends back from SoCal in Tag 2 sometime this week. Either tomorrow night or Thursday night. I'll have a lobby set up so just hit me up then. Maybe I'll get some lucky boxes too. :psyduck:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:29:32 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »
I'm not sure what was up with it.  It started with a lucky box that had a star in it...then some cash...then a weird alien...and then it was a lucky box every-single-damn-match for like two hours; at one point (before I made the initial post) I got a UFO, too.  Then it was cash (50k~750k) or stars.  Twice I got like...12 boxes at once.  A couple times in there, there was a little pixelated dude on fire.  A little before I quit, there was a weird Heihachi icon; and yeah, they were still pouring in at the end.  Probably could've walked out of that with 60mil if I was playing single-round matches, but I prefer two a little too much.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:36:27 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
Yeah I dunno what those stars, UFOs, or Heihachi icons are for but if anything they mean something special. Then you'll get those times when there's a bunch of boxes in one go. I think I'll just hit up Ghost mode again sometime soon and try my luck.

I just signed up for World Tekken Federation. Nice little stat tracker site. Kinda like COD Elite, but for Tekken. :V Anyone got ideas for a team name? I just want to have a team name displayed under my profile before matches. Doesn't matter if I'm going to be the only one in it. :|

dippy recently mentioned VF and I recall you mentioned VF last weekend and haven't done any combo training yet. The good thing is, the combo lists on VFDC are starting to get populated and I believe Lei's already has some material on it. They're organized neatly and it shows you exactly which characters they work on, CH and foot stance requirements. The characters are also listed in order from lightest to heaviest. So you might wanna check that out when you get the chance.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:29:23 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
Why am I still getting lucky boxes???  I think I broke the game  :psyduck:

Edit:  Nvm, they finally stopped.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:20:02 AM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »
That star is supposed to mean roulette rush or something, where you get a ton of lucky box chances in a row. I need more of those. :|

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
I have no idea what to do with the fat chunk of G I'm sitting on.  I think I have more than I'll need for the remainder of my time with the game unless they implement a new way to burn it.  Of the characters I play:

Alisa - Have more pieces for outfits than I know what to do with.  I only use the goth and chinese dresses with her anyway.

Asuka - Pretty much in the same boat as Alisa; lots of pieces, yet only use my jacket & jeans combo.  I may throw a gi of some sort together for her for the hell of it.  That's not much $ though.

Violet - Done.  Too many outfits look terrible, so swag default and my classy custom are more than enough.

Lili - Pretty much done.  She has some nice options, but has to keep it classy to keep up with Violet, so she's locked into outfits I already have.

Of the characters I have some measure of interest in:

Lei - I like his default outfit with some color tweaks too much to really go for something else.  I guess I could throw together a leather jacket outfit to have him match with Asuka if I ever learn him and pair them up together...

Zafina - Moves too oddly for most of her clothing options, and I already have the one that I like that doesn't look impossible for her to move in.

Bryan - Best in default. I keep forgetting how much they nerfed his laugh.

Kuni and Ling have some really nice options, but I don't have much drive to play Kuni, and we've had too much Ling exposure as it is.  I kind of want to dress Lars up in a pink gi Dan-style for trolling purposes, but then I'd have to live with the fact that I touched Lars.

Edit: I stand corrected: Kuni has attitude; a lot of it.  She'll be a future project.  Also, Angel has perfect customization options for Violet.  Pity she doesn't have the attitude I want.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:08:36 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »
I'll most likely be playing online tonight around 10 with one of my friends from SoCal so if anyone wants to join in let me know.

I'd write something more detailed as a response but I only have a couple minutes left on my break. Will possibly edit this later if there's nothing new by the time I get home.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:25:59 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2012, 08:02:05 PM »
I think I spent a couple hours playing around with Angel and electrics and I have no idea why  :psyduck:  Fun(ny) stuff though.  Was hoping to do something like EWGF EWGF~5 b+2,f~N f+4,3~5 TA! dash EWGF d/f+3,2,3 with Violet for shits 'n giggles, but the last EWGF doesn't drop them right for it.  Or maybe I just couldn't nail the timing.  (E)WGF~5 4,u+3 dash f+4,3~5 TA! b+4,1 fff+3,4 is 94 damage with a good chunk of red gone though, but a quick search later told me it's better to tag after a f+4~3 followup to EWGF.

Can't join netplay yet because I'm being lazy as fuck with getting an online pass, but I'll be crashing soon anyway since I have to work early tomorrow.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 04, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »
Well remember, online pass is only $10 and as shocking as it is for me to say, Tag 2 netcode so far has been really good to me, even during ranked matches. That's a lot considering how much I absolutely despise netplay for fighting games.

Lei looks fine in a leather jacket of some kind. It was one of his alternate costumes before iirc. The Lei+Asuka team had a positive allegiance both ways iirc. She goes positive with all the T6 characters (Bob, Miguel, Leo, Zafina) for whatever reason. Seems kinda random to me, but not all of them make sense. :psyduck:

Ling and Miharu more or less have the same customize options and they're pretty decent. I was going to use Ling on a team to grind out Ghost mode again since I already achieved max rank with Miharu offline. I really want to use the kung fu shirt + pants because it would match very well with the Laws' costumes but the biggest turnoff is those damn cat paws. I might end up using it anyway, seeing that it's not too far out of context for the character, seeing that she had some really silly costumes in T5, but I'm not in love with it. Not quite feeling the Chinese dresses for them either because of the arm warmers, but I'd have to give it a little more thought. I could always opt for track jacket + pants and most characters who have them don't look bad in them, but they're far too abundant it seems.

Is there anything wrong in saying I have a very slight interest in characters that are already being played? Then again, I'll just leave it at that. :-\

I haven't really thought too hard about playing other characters but part of the fun involved is exploring other characters. It would have to go beyond what customization options are available because I'd have to like playing the character first, editing costumes is secondary. The furthest I've taken it is to have each team have a matching theme to their costumes. But I'll probably just dabble around with some characters here and there. I did that with a lot of characters in T6 since I didn't have anyone to play against.

If I had to start, I was considering Feng because Aris just released a tutorial (4+ hours) about the character and I think it would be a better way to start off than going to TZ forums oddly enough.

Word has it that Tag 2 dlc is done, so I dunno if we're getting new costume items or what. No announcement has been made since the final batch of dlc characters were released which is strange considering the game has been getting a lot of announcements since release. If that is the case, that's a pity. Because a lot of alternate costumes from the previous games are missing, and some costume items just don't have a suitable matching upper/lower half. Eg. Jun has kung fu pants, but she has absolutely NOTHING that would match with those pants. I would have use that but thankfully her Chinese dress looks fine to for me.

I can't believe I just went on some long tangent about costume edits. Now I feel even more insecure. Great. :gonk:

I randomly remember some time ago, dippy said my main team was Asian as hell. I uh...disagree. :V No explanation needed I hope. :X They just, have small eyes and, uh...wear glasses. x_X

Also, umbrella tag-in ftw. I knew after all these years, she learned how to fly. :toot:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 07, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »
VF and DoA for sure this weekend; it's going to be very hard to develop a proper drive to learn the game if I don't start actually playing it, and if I'm playing VF, then H-F is playing DoA  :V  Focusing on combo training and Lei's attacks that are advantage on block for now.

Also, which stagger escape setting is more realistic; normal or fastest?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:53:09 AM by Ryd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 07, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »
HAY GUYS LET'S PLAY AQUAPAZZA :bricks:

Hey, the game is fun as long as some shithead doesn't pick Chizuru (unless you're already playing Tamaki or Konomi, then just fight it out). Ended up playing it way more than I figured I would (or should have) at NEC.

Also, which stagger escape setting is more realistic; normal or fastest?
Honestly, I would test both. Some people mash really damn hard.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
when you get used to it people can mash that stuff asap.

And I'll play the aqua pizza. I don't think its that bad of a game just a little awkward.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
WHY AM I GRINDING ELECTRICS???  :slowpoke:

Hey, the game is fun as long as some shithead doesn't pick Chizuru (unless you're already playing Tamaki or Konomi, then just fight it out).

I would almost consider it if we were to make that a rule.  Almost.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 07, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
I dunno, why ARE you grinding electrics? Hell, why don't we ALL grind electrics? :bricks: Electrics for EVERYONE! Also, I think I may have decided on a third team. Feng/Leo. But right now I don't have the time or energy to learn a completely new team, so that's a future project. I also spent too much time trying to get rid of these silly emblems using the decal editor. I really think at this juncture I should say I play 6 characters, 3 including their copy&paste counterparts. :V

And regarding AP, let's put it into perspective. Tekken 4 is fun as long as some shithead doesn't pick Jin (unless you're already playing Steve or Nina, then just fight it out). See where I'm going with this? :| Besides, Chizuru is the character I was assigned to kill the game. And knowing that you guys play Tamaki and Konomi, I don't think this is going to end well for anyone. Besides, if at all possible, I'd like to avoid having the talk. :gonk: All joking and shit talking aside, I'd put a little time into the game if it didn't cost so damn much to import. When's Chaos Code coming out again? :psyduck:

When all is said and done, what do I truly think of AP? :mystery:

I'm ok with making tomorrow VF/DOA night seeing that it's all we (mainly Carlos and I) have been playing for however long and I think a weekend break would be good. I'll probably get yelled at a lot in DOA but I guess it's to be expected. :V

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 07, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
I've redesigned my team philosophy: Violet + random chick (just the way he likes it (this also works out better since he's the only aggressive character I've got)).  So far there's Alisa, Asuka, and Lili as available partners.  I have a gorgeous outfit for Angel, so if I ever get consistent enough with electrics and get over her style (idle stance and outfit are perfect imo; all that's wrong is her voice (I can deal) and those damn Mishima moves), that's another partner.  Also toyed around with Ling, but she seems a bit too jailbait for Violet, so I dunno (Miharu is nixed by default on account of being a 12 year-old in a porn star's body).  Leo is not a viable option since she won't wear a dress.  Julia's fighting style is godawful, Nina's built like a man, and Michelle can't lose the headband without looking terrible, so they're out, too.

I played Lee is T4, so I'd have been okay with that ruleset, too :V  I also wouldn't touch either of those other two characters.  The only playable character that appeals to me in the slightest is Manaka (I think?), so the "fight it out" clause will never come into play.  If Mizuki was a playable character, it'd be a whole different story and I'd be a lot more interested, but what can you do?

We can still have Tekken going; I still enjoy it, even if there's stupid shit that doesn't make sense (yet?)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 07, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
What happened to Kuni? :V Me personally, I think the only really suitable partner for her is Raven, because you know....ninjas. :| But that team comes up a lot in ghost mode so eh.

If your okay with Tekken then I guess I'm still down. We just need to make sure we're not on it so long that there's no time for the other games. :-\ Also if the stupid shit doesn't make sense now, it probably never will.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 07, 2012, 07:36:05 PM »
Oh right.  Kuni's still on the list, I just forgot to mention her (unlike Anna, who I deliberately left out).  Pity that Violet doesn't seem to get the mask option that Lee has, otherwise they'd work out even better.  Unless I missed it in the menus...I admit I haven't really gone looking for it; just don't remember seeing it.

I'm sure if I were to put major time into becoming intimately familiar with the walls of the game, certain things would make a lot more sense.  I'm not really sure I want to though, because the more I learn about the way walls work, the stupider things seem to get.  They really should've taken a page out of DoA's book on how to handle walls, because some of the crap you can do is just retarded.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 07, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
Yeah those weird wall splats and everything can lead to retarded shit if you can adjust on the fly. Why do you think the game is so popular for combo videos? Also, Lee and Lars...why am I not surprised? :V

For my new team, not sure what costumes I'll use. I'll just have to see what they have and hope they don't cost too much. :gonk:

I also need to learn some legit combos in DoA. :psyduck:

Edit:
Just randomly looked at my twitter feed and saw Brandino complaining about the Fatal Frame games. Brings back memories. lol good times
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:55:24 PM by S.M.A.P.C.F. »