hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 414921 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1150 on: May 25, 2014, 08:42:37 PM »
I actually only tried for Summon Suffering once against you, Dippy; Calamity Symphony twice.  The time I actually landed SS was against Luke, which was a feat in and of itself given how many buttons he was pushing, lol.  I'm actually kinda surprised I got CS that time because it was the obvious 3A 1A setup...but whatever, I'll take it :V  You were breaking A throws all night though...gotta remember to hit B more often.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 25, 2014, 11:20:29 PM »
I'm not worried about it at all, but to be fair, I really did want to play Aquapazza. :P I feel kind of bad about Ray/Erik not having something to play, because I was talking about getting another setup up more than once but never did it. I think I figured that if someone wanted it, someone would have poked me about it and then I would have set it up on one of the SD TVs or something.
Well it was a pretty awkward situation all-around because iirc they were originally playing +R and unfortunately they got Order-Sol's Slash stage and caused the game to soft lock. So once the console was powered off, things kinda just went "eh" and nobody could really decide what they wanted to do. :psyduck: The mugen tourney was causing quite a distraction and things just didn't happen, so I made a decision. :-\

I also saw your reply to me on dustloop and lol. You said I had this weird look on my face. Things like this always spark my curiosity because I can never tell what my facial expression is in these awkward situations. I remember at Revelations a few years back, people said that I looked pretty angry or looked like I wanted to kill bell when I lost that one match to him in the tournament. I can't help but lol because it sounds pretty funny. I might try to dig up that stream just to see it but dunno how much success I'll have considering that it was a few years ago and who even knows if it's still around. :|

On a sidenote, bye bye Dark Aeons.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 27, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »
I'm going to guess that barring something crazy, people are coming by either Friday or Saturday. Speak up if you have any dumb objections.

H-F and Tempered, I should have your copies of AH3:LM by either Thursday or Friday. I'll give you the account details when they're ready.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 27, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »
Thursday is the only day I can make it this week. No exceptions. I have family visiting and there's a high probability that I will be busy Friday night.

And thanks for the update. The release date did get pushed back a little, but no big deal.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:27:03 PM by COD3player »

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 27, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »
I don't think I can make Thursday. It's the day of my graduation ceremony, and I'll likely be doing something with friends in the program afterward. It's possible I'll still be free in the evening, but I'm not sure yet.

Either Friday or Saturday should be better for me.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: May 27, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
Thursday - impossible, Friday - not very good, Saturday - workable.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 28, 2014, 09:31:41 PM »
well this week i'm going to be hosting on Thursday for love max. I might also host on Saturday but that would depend on my schedule. Dippy can host if he wants to of course.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: May 28, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »
I'll definitely be there tomorrow. Not sure when though. If more people can be there Friday, I'll see what I can work out. You might see me twice. :| I haven't done 2 trips in the same week in a while. But Friday did sound like a better alternative for some.

For reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uth4eYv2ls&feature=player_detailpage#t=181

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6NtHI2XvhM
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:24:52 PM by COD3player »

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 29, 2014, 01:47:38 PM »
If people are hosting Friday or Saturday, that's still better for me, but my previous plans for today were cancelled. It turns out that my fellow graduates will all be spending time with their family, which I'll be doing as well, but I should have some time later tonight.

Not sure how late I'll be if I stop by tonight. If either Tempered or Dippy are hosting Friday or Saturday, I'll probably just stop by then instead.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 29, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
I'll definitely be there tonight. Tomorrow is still kinda up in the air for me though. If something goes down tomorrow night I'll see what I can do. As usual Saturday is never an option for me. :-\

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 29, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
Some sudden work has popped up last minute, and I have to get it done right away. I can't make it tonight as a result.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 30, 2014, 04:06:00 AM »
I know that yesterday wasn't ideal for most people, but if more people are available today (Friday), and Tempered/Dippy are ok with hosting again, I'm willing to make a 2nd trip. And maybe get the stream working?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:14:59 AM by COD3player »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 30, 2014, 02:07:30 PM »
I know that yesterday wasn't ideal for most people, but if more people are available today (Friday), and Tempered/Dippy are ok with hosting again, I'm willing to make a 2nd trip. And maybe get the stream working?
No idea who would be coming by, but I put the notice out on Dustloop. I'm kind of out of it right now, but I'll probably feel better once I take a nap and have something to eat.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 30, 2014, 03:00:31 PM »
If that's the case, I'll probably be there around 6-ish or so. Hopefully the traffic is nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday. I'll probably be grabbing food before I head over.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:10:33 PM by COD3player »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 04, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »
So Thursday this week?

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 04, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »
Fri/Sat. 

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 04, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
Fri/Sat will probably be better for me than Thursday. I have some relatives in from out of town Thursday evening, which means I may not be free until late. The other days I will probably have time after dinner.

EDIT: Looks like either Thursday or Friday are pretty much the same for me -- I won't be free until after dinner. I should be able to make either day, though. Saturday is the BlazBlue ranbat.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:21:08 PM by Orrax »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 04, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
Thurs. preferred, Fri. maybe. Or I might be crazy enough to make a double trip again. :| We'll see.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 05, 2014, 11:23:37 AM »
well ill be hosting friday until 1. dippy might be goodbfpr later. if people want to hangg out tonight ill be fine with it.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 05, 2014, 12:19:59 PM »
I'll probably be there sometime later today. Possibly tomorrow too(?). 2 trips won't be possible next week though since my parents will be visiting and I'll be treating them to dinner one of those nights.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »
Well, I couldn't make it tonight. I should be able to stop by tomorrow, though.

Also, Tempered and Carlos, I'm going to send you an invite to the BlazBlue ranbats on Facebook. I'm not sure of either of your interest in the event, but I figure it won't hurt to send it anyway.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 05, 2014, 11:28:23 PM »
Not gonna lie, I'd almost forgotten I had CP until I saw you linked the ranbat  :V  Might show up for kicks if it's free; spent enough money recently.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 06, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
It's free. From what I've heard, it should be pretty low key as well, with a focus on casuals more than the actual ranbat itself.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 10, 2014, 01:04:25 AM »
I take back what I said before; Tone gives Petra oki on EFC combos.  Effectiveness vs people will have to be seen, but it seems like they might be kinda dirty unless the opponent also picks Tone.  At least vs one setup; not sure how meaty the others are.  I think I might like it more than Poison, but I miss the awesome Counter B tele combos.  And not having to worry as much about Weiss swords.

Thursday actually works for me this week.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:07:04 AM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 10, 2014, 02:53:15 AM »
Wonderful. <.< My parents are arriving Thursday and they're planning to fix a pretty big dinner. If I can make it, it'll probably be later at night. I remember Tempered saying that he has family visiting as well, so we'll see how things pan out. Thursday is still preferred since I like getting home knowing I don't have to go to work when I wake up.

You're still that scared of Weiss swords? lol There's so many stray hitboxes that you can get clipped by in this game that it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

I haven't decided on a main arcana but then again Weiss isn't entirely dependent on her arcana selection. I've been messing around with Sin, Mirror, and Fenrir. Sin creates a nice wall of defense to continue pressure after corner EF combos. Mirror gives free equips with the reflector and eclipse super. Fenrir for the obvious mortar strike. Love's eclipse super grants a universal equip combo at the expense of optimal damage which isn't too bad. Flower's multilayer is less effective although counter hit negation is still around and it still has a pretty fast burst recharge. Flower's eclipse looks like it would've been more useful if the petals didn't materialize so high off the ground. I've hardly used Flower at all this time around. I'm making an effort to use these less so as to not be spoiled by their fast burst regen speeds let alone use them as a crutch for sloppy defense. I'd like to become more proficient with additional characters which is also why I wasn't using Weiss as much last time.

I guess it's no surprise that I like the game? While not a new game entirely, it's an update that serves its  purpose much like +R does. Characters who were less viable before have been improved. The abusable nonsense from the top and high tier characters from the last game have either been removed or adjusted. As such, none of them are truly overused. More variety with arcana selection thanks to eclipse supers. Damage still gets pretty high when you land the right hit, but survivability is more noticeable with the increased HP. Still, I won't say it's a perfect game, but definitely an enjoyable one.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:36:03 AM by COD3player »