When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 402168 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1775 on: February 04, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Luke. FREE for PSN+? I'll gladly download it if that's the case though if/when I play it is another story because I haven't connected my PS3 in a while. lol Thankfully it's possible to purchase PSN content directly from the site. But the benefits for being a PS+ member are nice.

I suppose for this weekend, here's what I've got. The Desert Ridge D&B's is open until 1 AM on Saturdays. I'm not sure how busy they are on Saturday nights, but I get the feeling that with those hours, we should have plenty of time for dinner and T7 or whatever else they have. If everyone's ok with this portion of the plans, should we meet at D&B's? Or should we all meet up first and take one car? Now what happens afterwards is up in the air and depends on how long people are available. Since I have the house all to myself this weekend, I don't mind hosting (just don't make a mess) but my living room just isn't ideal for gaming, but I can make some small re-arrangements. I suppose using the dining room table for a gaming setup isn't all too uncommon. And speaking of setups, if anyone wants to play DFCI or NPB, you'll have to provide the console/disc (I've got a monitor) since I don't own a copy of either game (unless someone gifts them to me :-X). On a sidenote, Bayonetta is pretty fun in Smash 4. Is it wrong to say I kinda like the game? I suppose in the off-chance anyone wants to play it with me just for fun, bring a GCN controller because I have a converter.

So have at it.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 04, 2016, 10:11:29 PM »
Id be up for playing Sm4sh cause I definitely would like to mess around with Cloud and Bayonetta.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: February 04, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »
Good. I bought all the DLC characters from a huge bundle they just released. I'm currently using Bayonetta and Corrin because new character hype aside, I feel I'll get more enjoyment out of the game if I just use new characters from scratch. As for unlockable characters, I only have Falco and Lucina because those are the only ones I'd use but the rest can be unlocked by playing matches so that won't be a problem.

Looks like my dining room table can support up to 2 setups because there's 2 pairs of outlets close to it. If we end up going for late night snacks there's a QT nearby as well.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 05, 2016, 06:37:51 AM »
H-F, hit us up with your dinner plans for Saturday as there's no ranbat. I'm guessing that Ryd would come here and we would then pick Tempered up from work and stuff would happen? I dunno.

If we're going to be on the north end, it'll be a lot easier if we just meet there provided your car hasn't hit Uncle Buck status.  30 mins to Mesa and then 20-30 mins to Desert Ridge, and doing it again on the way back is :psyduck:

Id be up for playing Sm4sh cause I definitely would like to mess around with Cloud

You are dead to me.
:prinny:

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 05, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »
So I guess I should pick up Tempered from work and then head to H-F's place? Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

I can bring a Wii U setup with a converter and all that jazz. I don't have any of the DLC characters, though. (I should make sure that it's even patched properly.)
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 05, 2016, 07:14:52 PM »
Considering the route that I take home from your guys' place, it might be easier for you two to meet us at D&B's since it's more or less right off the 101 along the way to my place. Depending on when you pick up Tempered, maybe meeting there at 7:30 PM would be reasonable? Be careful, parking can be a real hassle.

Also, unless we all plan on playing Sm4sh 1v1 matches simultaneously (unlikely), I would say a second Wii U isn't necessary since I already have the DLC characters and the latest patch updates. I would recommend bringing another monitor if possible if I can't get the configuration around my big HDTV set up the way I'd like. The reason I suggested the other PS3 was because I don't have DFCI or NPB if anyone wants to play those (I'd prefer to own them on PS4 honestly). Otherwise my PS3 would suffice for the most part. I'll provide any updates through here or text message if I forgot to mention anything here.

EDIT: Please bring a monitor and PS3.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:29:33 PM by COD3player »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: February 07, 2016, 01:55:57 PM »
Alright guys, thanks for stopping by last night. It was a lot of fun. ;D

Just to recap the Tekken 7 highlights from last night:
- Tiger obstacle course. >:D
- Accidentally picking Lili via revenge match but performing better than I deserved to.
- Almost taking Dippy in a Lili mirror. Everyone knows this match was closer than it should have been. lol
- Genocide Cutter, all the while "Copacabana" was playing in the background.
- Tempered's triple electric combos. Now just tack on 3 more, and you're set. :P
- Carlos accidentally picking Kazuya via revenge match. At least I'm not the only one who made this mistake.
- Last but not least, ANIM****.....I mean, rage arts.

Is it wrong for me to say that I kinda liked playing Lili after what happened last night? Well, just a little. :-[  Don't get any weird ideas, and maybe we can (still?) be friends.

On a random note, I have Tuesday off from work, because well, reasons. Highly doubt anyone's available that day but just wanted to put it out there.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:34 PM »
H-F Blade NTR Edition now available in a city near you  :laffo: :bricks:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 08, 2016, 04:30:43 AM »
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

???

EDIT: Someone's being awfully quiet about all this. I thought we would've been yelled at by now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:38:27 PM by COD3player »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 12, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »
Deadpool movie is fantastic.  We should consider watching it this weekend, though keep in mind theater will be packed.  Next week is that local tourney, something else to keep in mind.  I probably won't go; not really feeling much love for the lineup.  UNIEL is the only thing on there I somewhat enjoy playing and haven't touched it since that last ranbat, and I have better uses of $20.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: February 12, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
I have family visiting this weekend so there's a chance I may be unavailable altogether. Only chance I would have to make it out there would be late Saturday night but it's iffy.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 12, 2016, 03:07:46 PM »
Deadpool movie is fantastic.  We should consider watching it this weekend, though keep in mind theater will be packed.  Next week is that local tourney, something else to keep in mind.  I probably won't go; not really feeling much love for the lineup.  UNIEL is the only thing on there I somewhat enjoy playing and haven't touched it since that last ranbat, and I have better uses of $20.
What, you don't want to play a real, honest fighter that demands solid fundamentals and good footsies?

Street Fighter 5? Huh? I'm talking about... Koihime Enbu! :V

IIRC there's no venue fee if you go to the event but only play casuals. You probably should go there, since I'm about 99% certain there's no session here next weekend. If people want to come by and get clipped in something this weekend though, that's fine.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 12, 2016, 07:36:39 PM »
Koihime En......I don't wanna think about it.

I haven't registered for the event and I think it might be too late. Not to mention I'm out of practice atm. Besides, next weekend is the open beta for The Division. I'll probably be busy with that despite the fact that I'll be leaning towards buying it on launch thanks to all the perks of GCU.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 12, 2016, 09:15:08 PM »
Will stop by tomorrow.  We can discuss things further while the clipping ensues.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 12, 2016, 11:11:42 PM »
I would be up for the deadpool movie. I am also craving some curry. also iirc theres a 10 venue fee for undefeated.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 13, 2016, 07:46:02 AM »
There's a $20 venue fee for Undefeated. And I haven't registered either. I can't tell if the registration page is broken or if registration is over. I kind of want to go anyway because GC Yoshi is supposed to be there.

Speaking of the venue, does anyone know anything about it? There are a bunch of people who are supposedly going according to the Facebook page, and I'm wondering if the venue is big enough.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 13, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
Site was borked earlier, Armando posted on FB, should be up now?  Reg closes tomorrow.  No fee to spectate.  Going to give all this a pass; I'll save my annual loud-surrounded-by-unwashed-bodies experience for Evo.

Deadpool showtimes that we can realistically make at the AMC on Stapley are 8:10, 9:45, 10:30.  I'll pick up Tempered on my way over.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 13, 2016, 11:11:42 AM »
Still on the fence about registering. But I may go to spectate and/or casuals.

Now that my plans have been squared away, I should be able to head over there around 9 or so assuming I don't run into traffic. So we should be able to make the 9:45 showtime otherwise the 10:30 isn't too far off.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 14, 2016, 12:03:31 PM »
Hey Carlos, you're thinking of buying a PS4 for your birthday? Nice! Now I know this is going to sound blatantly obvious coming from me, but I suggest the COD: BO3 PS4 bundle for a few reasons:

- afaik it's impossible to purchase a PS4 by itself unless its refurbished. All major local and online retailers only sell the bundles for the most part as far as new units go and it's $350 so it's significantly cheaper than the $400+ limited edition.
- Aside from the BO3 bundle, I believe the only other options are the bundles that include either the Uncharted Collection or Star Wars Battlefront.
- You can play BO3 online with me and Tempered when we feel like blowing shit up. :)
- It's more fun, and therefore better, than Splatoon. I'll be pleasantly surprised if dippy doesn't ban me for this statement. :psyduck:

Also, what's a birthday without a gift? I'm feeling a little generous, so as a gift, I'd be happy to pitch in a small portion towards the cost of the PS4. Granted I said "a little" because if I could foot the entire cost, it wouldn't be an issue but alas. Would you say this is a more acceptable gift than....the one Dippy gave you on Christmas?  :-X
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:20:14 PM by COD3player »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 20, 2016, 03:13:19 PM »
Not an unreasonable request.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 20, 2016, 04:15:17 PM »

:-X

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 25, 2016, 05:40:01 PM »
Well with Matsuri being this weekend I wont be hosting. But me and dippy are going to be going to Kizumonogatari if anyone wants to join us.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 29, 2016, 05:37:56 AM »

Dippy might appreciate this.  First night of the event, liquidated my stamina drink stockpile.  Had to charge my phone halfway through, or I might've actually broke into 500  :bricks:  Too bad it won't last.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 02, 2016, 01:40:23 AM »
Calm down you fiend.