hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 406667 times)

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1875 on: July 01, 2016, 10:57:38 PM »
Sounds like they may need to get the defibrillator ready. If you need to ask, NO, I'm not (and never was) the F/UC champion out here despite what anyone else might tell you. Don't you still owe dippy matches in AquaPazza??? Be prepared for a rough night if those are the games you'll be playing. lololol

I won't ask; I already know the answer.  ;)

And no, I don't "owe" Dippy any matches in AP. I think I said I was willing to try the game once like a year or more ago, and he never took me up on the offer. No actual promises were made. That doesn't mean I'm now unwilling to try the game, but I can't guarantee I will play it for any longer than I played Nitro+.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 01, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »
It's very uncharacteristic of dippy to not take up someone on an offer for AP. That practically NEVER happens. Then again, that one night Carlos and I played 155 matches of VF, there wasn't even so much as a peep out of him. So...:mystery: I suppose while they're busy with you, Tempered and I will probably be busy with AH3LM and Koihime. I do remember that one night a couple years back you played twice as many AH3LM matches as BBCP, which was quite unexpected to say the least. But eh, I thought it was worth a mention. lol

As for dinner, assuming I run into some good sales at the grocery, I should pick up food for 5?

EDIT: Just got back from grocery shopping and it looks like the sales were as good as last year. So we're set.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:01:29 PM by COD3player »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 09, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »
Probably not going to the ranbat as it looks like not many people will be showing up. But I'll be available for games later tonight.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 09, 2016, 01:38:59 PM »
Ill host after the ranbats yeah. Guess ill put that around 9 which is when it usually ends.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 18, 2016, 07:55:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4mlJebGgeg welp I think dizzy can get carlos over his distaste for Xrd

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 18, 2016, 08:38:45 PM »
^I think that's Pot-only.  Tried similar on Elphelt, but it didn't work.  Also irrelevant outside of a blockstring because of some of the stuff I've worked out.

Maybe H-F can confirm, but it feels like there were changes to the RC system.  If I RC before ice spike comes out mid-combo, I don't get the slowdown, just  the super flash.  If I RC as it hits, I get the slowdown.  If this is a universal thing to RCs across the board, I'm okay with it.

Really liking the changes Dizzy got; new f.S hits crouching, new 2HS seems to be a good anti-air, 6HS floors airborne opponents.  YRC fish is a thing.  Might be stupid if Dizzy didn't want 50 meter to be silly.  Anything not 2P/2K leads to 200+ damage + hard down + meaty, potentially reversal-safe oki.

6P c.S 5HS 2D ice spike RC high laser fish IAD jHS bubble (laser hits + pops bubble) 6HS fire spike (421HS, similar to AC lightning spike)

Can summon a fish after releasing the spike if they block it, or run up and throw.  There's a weird thing where if they get up crouching, the spike barely whiffs if you release it right away, but hits if you hold it slightly.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:41:20 PM by Ryd »
:prinny:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 18, 2016, 09:29:07 PM »
ive been retweeting random shit you might want to check out for dizzy. looks shes gonna be pretty dumb.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 18, 2016, 09:57:17 PM »
Needed more cash, so I just finished Dizzy's combo challenges. Multiple 236H's into 236S was pretty fun.

Maybe H-F can confirm, but it feels like there were changes to the RC system.  If I RC before ice spike comes out mid-combo, I don't get the slowdown, just  the super flash.  If I RC as it hits, I get the slowdown.  If this is a universal thing to RCs across the board, I'm okay with it.
I tested this supposed RC change(?) and it appears to be true. I used f.S>5H>ice spike and RC'd it at different points. RC'ing the ice spike mid-combo but before impact didn't cause the RC slowdown but the opponent still gets launched and you can follow up. RC'ing the ice spike as it hit the opponent gave the slowdown while the opponent was mid-air.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 18, 2016, 11:20:53 PM »
Meant to ask you to test if you've noticed anything off with RCs with your characters.  If you have any combos/setups that would be easily testable.  If they're doing a system-wide change where you only get the slowdown if you're actively hitting the opponent, then good.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 18, 2016, 11:41:34 PM »
Oops, I misunderstood. So I tried 2D > CSE (RC) with Ky, and while this isn't something you would want to go for since it's a waste of meter, it would happen to me if I did CSE too early after knocking them down. So what happens in this situation, is that if I input the RC command for CSE while the opponent is standing up from the knockdown, the game is still giving me the slowdown despite the opponent not being in a valid state where they can take a hit.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 20, 2016, 03:55:04 AM »
So what are the differences between Dizzys Fire and Ice specials?

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 20, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
Fish:
ice = bites
fire = laser/shield + counter

Scythe:
ice = faster + single hit (possibly useless)
fire = slower + multi-hit (yrc crossup material)

Pillar:
ice = faster (combo staple)
fire = slower + multi-hit, maybe more untech time (frame trap type shit, combo filler/ender)

Homing spike:
ice = faster + single hit
fire = slower + multi-hit + can be charged for multiple spikes (yrc with charges = bullshit; canceling while one is being formed will release it while any others fully formed will be held and can be released later)

Not sure on differences between bubbles other than possibly trajectory/speed/hitbox.  I find water easier to work with, but there might be some uses for fire that I haven't found. 

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 24, 2016, 06:33:39 PM »
Saw some complaints about Dizzy how her normals lose to characters like Ky and how you can't use a lot of her projectiles in blockstrings because of the startup time on them.  If you want good, long pokes and simple projectiles, why not play Ky?  :psyduck:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: July 26, 2016, 07:33:43 PM »
Yeah the scrub Dizzy's are learning that waifu love is hard work. Its quite enjoyable.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 26, 2016, 10:35:56 PM »
If they're complaining about Ky normals, then I wonder what they think about having to deal with characters like Faust, Johnny, and Elphelt(?). The latter 2 may have had their hurtboxes increased on their staple pokes, but they still have utility. Sounds like Xrd is their first game.

On a different note: 50% off a parry

Starting this weekend, my days off will be Fri, Sat, Tue since I'll be moving to a 10 hour schedule that kinda starts early. I suppose we should plan accordingly.

Also dippy, have you tallied the hotel room + gas expenses from Evo?

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 27, 2016, 05:39:08 PM »
Since I know some of you don't check Line/Facebook, I thought I should mention that this is the last week to register early for Rewired (https://www.rewiredaz.com/) to save a little money, in case any of you were considering going.

On a different note: 50% off a parry

I saw this and assumed you were talking about Jam. I was very disappointed.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 27, 2016, 08:38:58 PM »
Jam? I wouldn't subject myself to the torture. The character in the video is exponentially less annoying. Besides, we actually glance at other games on occasion.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:54:40 PM by COD3player »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 28, 2016, 02:49:17 AM »
50% off a parry, but then he got electric'd and it balanced out.

@Tempered: rejoice, Deresute is bringing back limited idols from Sep-Apr.  You can go broke trying to get Mika again  :toot:  Meanwhile, I'll be cutting myself over SSR Riina  :emo: :emo: :emo:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:55 PM »
Exactly! So it's perfectly fair and balanced. Now they just need to give me back auto parries and I'm set.

If by chance we're meeting up this weekend such as on Sat, it'd have to be earlier because I have work Sunday morning. Otherwise I'll be available tomorrow (Friday) night.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 30, 2016, 09:20:39 AM »
Yeah, I have the total from the trip. It was $90 per person for the room and $15 per person for gas, and you can either pay that either in cash or by Paypal or a death loli can come get it from you (but you probably don't want that... unless you do).

My work schedule recently changed but Friday and Saturday nights are still good (or as "good" as they have been in the past for me) so there aren't any changes there.

@Tempered: rejoice, Deresute is bringing back limited idols from Sep-Apr.  You can go broke trying to get Mika again  :toot:  Meanwhile, I'll be cutting myself over SSR Riina  :emo: :emo: :emo:
My rent moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

And when you live by the Scamco, you die by the Scamco. I'm half-surprised they didn't introduce re-colored versions of those SSRs to work around their fuck-up.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 30, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »
I'll probably stay home for the weekend. I have to get up early for work tomorrow morning and I think it would be best to use the next week to get acclimated to my new schedule. I'll have the payment ready the next time we meet up.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 30, 2016, 10:43:42 PM »
"Oh neat, limited SSR Minami with Overload and vocal as primary stat."
/do a couple pulls
>SSR Koume and Sae. 

I guess I can't complain?

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: August 02, 2016, 12:22:57 AM »
I think for the next couple weeks meeting up sometime Friday might work best.