hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Valley Thread - SUM TOP TIER SHIT ODAMN  (Read 59661 times)

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Valley Thread - SUM TOP TIER SHIT ODAMN
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2007, 07:00:58 PM »
Due to certain circumstances, I lost my money match and tied for 5th place with four other people in the tournament. The main circumstance was exhaustion, but also I will admit that the lack of competitive play here in AZ hurt me. Considering the condition my game was in, I was amazed that I even made it to top 8.

Many, MANY thanks to Scott and Leo for playing me at Arcade Infinity on Saturday. Whatever I did not learn at the tournament, I did learn during our matches. I spent 27 tokens over the course of three and a half hours playing nothing but Melty Blood, losing 3/4ths of the time and examining what I did wrong. After two hours of having my ass handed to me, I then started winning consistently (as in, around half of the time). I even gave three people the Melty Bread site address in hopes of getting more members. So, regardless of my poor performance at the tournament, I'm still hyped about Melty. Possibly even moreso than before this trip.

I can't really blame you guys for not giving me hardcore competition. But I will say this: Practice more. You guys have a lot of work to do, especially getting your BNB muscle memory down. Sit down with the game for an hour everyday practicing your BNB, play CPUs on level 5 difficulty and practice what you learned under the risk of losing, and if you can't seem to execute much on the CPUs, go back to practice mode and build your muscle memory even more. Do this even if you're only playing ReACT.

After BNB comes instant air dashing (IADs), which will allow you to actually pressure your opponent, especially in corners. Experiment and find out what your character can do. Anti-air, mixups, etc. Watch match videos for a half an hour a day and find out what's popular in other people's tactics.

To sum up the above... if you want to become a good Melty player, dedicate yourself more. Quit playing WoW and concentrate if you're really serious about building, promoting, and maintaining a proper AZ scene. Read and post on the forum more, etc. There's lots of things you guys can do to level up, and I trust you can do it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:46:03 AM by Choco »

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
hey whatever happened to INO?? thought you guys would chill for a bit afterward. next time, it was cool meeting all you guys. me and chocos match was like the most intense match ive ever played
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »
hey whatever happened to INO?? thought you guys would chill for a bit afterward. next time, it was cool meeting all you guys. me and chocos match was like the most intense match ive ever played

Man, I wanted to hang out for the entire night. Unfortunately, I had gotten only two hours of sleep since I woke up at 6 PM on Thursday, so I opted to go sleep instead of hang out for a long time. I really regret not being able to go, but I'd also have really regretted not getting sleep if I had went :P I'm thinking we'll come back about a month after ver.B2 gets released on the PC. That why, my boys will be able to practice properly. At least I levelled up at AI!

And I assure you... our next match will be even better :P I think I'll drive out a day early so I can play casuals at FFA or Interface for most of Friday before the tourney. I heard FFA is getting ver.B/B2 soon?

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • drive bitch im in my zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2007, 09:56:42 PM »
Just in case you didn't see at SRM Choco, I thank you for informing me of the scene in AZ, I wasn't expecting all this at all!
Sadly, I don't think I have the committment or time as of now to contribute :(
Along with the fact that getting rides long distances away is pretty hard for me... Bleh.

Maybe in a month or so after I graduate from high school, I might meet up with you guys; Even though I've never really been committed to training and tourneys and stuff like that for MB...

Just for reference though; I live around the Val Vista and Baseline area.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2007, 10:40:47 PM »
Rides shouldn't be a problem if you have Friday evenings / Saturdays free. A few of our players also live in the Gilbert area and could probably pick you up along the way. If we head over to Raff's place (soonest we'll go is on the 28th, a Saturday) I could pick you up on the way. Keep in contact with this thread and shoot me a PM so I can pass my phone number off to you.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »
Quit playing WoW
Ha Ha Ha

Graven: A ride won't be a problem.  I live on Germann and Higley, and I got a pal on Ray and Higley.  I'll be able to get you when we go to Choco's.  And as Choco said, he'll be able to get ya if he's going to Raff's.  Your house is actually right in the center of all of us.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2007, 06:41:59 AM »
sorry to hear about the money match and the exhaustion, choco 

I've been working on my Aoko, put in about three hours over the weekend and two hours over the course of the work week. I think I'm getting an idea of how to intelligently incorporate her projectile attacks into my game, esp things to try after knocking an opponent down, and of course I'm still working on the BnB stuff.

RAFF, mighty awesome of you to hold the tournament. Sadly for me, I don't know if I can make it... I have to help my brother move to Queen Creek on the 28th, it's been on my calendar since last month. Apache Junction doesn't look too far away from Queen Creek, but I just don't know if I'll have the oomph to participate, even if we finish up by the time the tournament starts.

(FYI, I'm Dan/ratorcs/can't pick a handle)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:43:56 AM by milesokeefe »

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2007, 07:31:27 AM »
Great news. I'm confirmed to be in the Tournament on saturday. Yay! I'll be bringin' myself and my scrubby BnB action.

I have memorized at least 5 BnB's, but the problem for me right now is timing. Will fix that as quickly as possible. Mixups will be fun to try and incorporate as well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:44:16 AM by Shashin »
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »
Oh man.. 5 dollar entry fee?  I hope that's not for real ; ;

I guess it is.  It's a tournament, after all - not a casual meetup.

On the website, it says Raff's place is at Mesa.  But Choco is saying Apache Junction.  Confusion.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:24:19 PM by Mailorder »

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
I think it's pretty much so far east Mesa that it should count as AJ. All I know is that I'm going to die quicky. I'll bring cookies or sumthin'...... O.O

Offline RAFF

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2007, 08:36:05 AM »
higley and university is still mesa not apache junction haha.  You guys can play casual but prepare for a tournament if there is atleast 8 people or we can bustout roundrobin as well.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2007, 09:45:36 AM »
Because of my winning chances, I wouldn't mind an entry fee... but I know people like Dave/Mailorder would have a tough time coming up with the cash for the tourney. How about we make this into a free (double) round-robin ranbat tourney? I'll pay for venue if I have to :<
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:57:24 AM by Choco »

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »
I don't mind an entrant fee, but I'd prefer not to have to pay. ;D. Oh, and I was hoping to play a little tomorrow at my house or something because we have an early out here at school and I kind of want to practice.

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 36
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2007, 02:44:36 PM »
I can't participate in the tournament if there's the entry fee, as I have NO money.  :( (i'll still show up, though)

How many setups are there going to be? It'd be great to have a Slash setup running, and I can bring a TV and ps2 with GGXX/ if need be.
I sent that bitch a smiley face. Bitches  smiley faces.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »
Hey, Q Chu, call me tonight or tomorrow at 480-464-4604 for when you want to play tomorrow. I don't get home till around 10 tonight, so if you are going to call, wait till then. Oh, and I'll have no problem paying for you if you can't. ; :V :V :V :V

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »
Oh, and I'll have no problem paying for you if you can't. ; :V :V :V :V

No way because if we get matched up I'll just forfeit because I'll feel guilty if I win (even though I probably won't)

I think Choco's got the right idea, though. A round-robin ranking battle sounds fun.

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »
MANNNGGGGGG....I hope this tourney starts early because I gotta go to work....

Choco we meeting Friday for some practice???

I gotta get better for the next toast, and I gotta get ready for this soul calibur sbo qualifier
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:20:17 PM by ssjlonewolf »
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2007, 11:55:55 PM »
MANNNGGGGGG....I hope this tourney starts early because I gotta go to work....

Choco we meeting Friday for some practice???

I gotta get better for the next toast, and I gotta get ready for this soul calibur sbo qualifier

Nig, check the second post on this thread! I always update it with the next meeting info! Don't worry, though. I'll try to meet everyone over at Raff's before 7 PM if possible. Maybe even earlier if he agrees. Will be calling him on Friday to plan everything out. You should have plenty of time to participate.

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2007, 12:21:40 AM »
koo, I'm off work tomarrow so I'm gonna practice all night...wait...nevermind, I gotta finsh up my amv first, then practice...well I might be able to get off saturday.  We'll see.
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2007, 02:44:53 AM »
I MUST stress this, especially because of Panda's emails to me.

Throughout each week (usually near the beginning), I always update the first two posts of this thread with updated gathering info.

IF YOU ARE WONDERING IF THERE'S GOING TO BE A MEETING THIS WEEK OR WHAT EVENTS ARE COMING UP, CHECK THE FIRST TWO POSTS OF THIS THREAD. There is no need to email or IM me with these questions. I get irritated when I have to repeat easily accessible information. You're free to IM me about game help, personal help, etc.... but please, for fuck's sake, week after week I put the info up and sometimes even post to say the info is updated. Click some to get the info! And post more :blah:!

I'm tired and cranky at work  :psyduck:

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2007, 07:58:09 AM »
I wish people would post more because these forums are rather slow........

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2007, 08:04:08 AM »
When I'm awake at home and have free time at work, I'm always reading the forums or posting something :P It's slow, but at least things happen. For more in-depth stuff, we talk on IRC.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »
? The tournamelt doesn't start till 7PM?

I might be able to make it! I'll keep my cell phone on me.

I definitely can't do practice tonight, tho. Because of Parkinsons. And I'll be helping my brother pack stuff up, too.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2007, 03:47:45 PM »
Hope you'll join us for practice next time! Oh, and PM me your number so I'm SURE I have the right one when I call tomorrow :P

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »
So, the tournament starts at 7PM? Just making sure what Dan said is true.

What would be a good time to show up? Should I bring Ps2+Slash?