When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.  (Read 368729 times)

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 50
    • View Profile
Re: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.
« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2007, 08:58:17 AM »
Everyone's still welcome to stop by tonight and tomorrow for games and such.

Choco's out and about, but me, Jo and Sam are still here. To my knowledge, at any rate. I'm usually unconscious while they're active and doing stuff like planning things for the weekend :toot:

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2007, 09:28:59 AM »
GGs to Shashin! It was fun helping you knock the rust off of your Aoko and Len- don't feel bad about using Len, BTW! AH was fun too. I don't know where my sudden attack of competence came from, last time I played AH you crushed me 15 to zip.

Woulda played you, lokanas, but you didn't ask and I didn't want to interrupt your RO.  :V Then there was all that Rock Band on Sunday.

:psyduck: mailorder wants to reinstall Melty Blood and beast with Mech Hisui.... mailorder wants to reinstall Melty Blood and beast with Mech Hisui  :psyduck:

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2007, 09:36:43 AM »
Alright. I've got mad hype here. I'm going to be importing Actress Again and will probably be installing into a supergun cabinet for portability (Evo, West Toast, etc). I will take MONEY DONATIONS to help pay for the cabinet. I do not think I will charge for play in general, but I would love for people to be generous in their donations as I will be shouldering the cost for the machine. Dipstick may help out as well when he gets moved. Regardless, I want you guys to get hype again. I want you guys to learn basic shit like landing canceling, when to backdash, when to tech, block on wakeup, etc. Let's go back to the basics. Afterall, I'm going to have to start over myself when I start playing Actress Again. We'll have a cabinet, so we'll be able to have an edge over the competition. Who's down?

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »
Hmm... I've always fantasized about having my own Ketsui kit. I think I just might be down with donating to the cause, especially if donators get time share with the supergun.  ;D

I'll try to be more assertive about asking people to play instead of waiting around for them to ask me. It's just that if I see someone busy doing something, I don't want to interrupt them
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:57:19 AM by milesokeefe »

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2007, 11:48:48 PM »
since you mentioned that choco, I'll be talking to Jedi Rob about holding a melty blood major at the next devistation tourney.  I've already talked to arly about it, and some other people in cali, that would drive out here for that event.  Also, let it be known that I haven't forgotten about you guys either, theres been some life shit that I've just made more important than just playing Video games.  I will get you ur loot when I can, something major came up....really bad....I may not be doing anything for quite some time because of it.
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Jux

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »
Alright. I've got mad hype here. I'm going to be importing Actress Again and will probably be installing into a supergun cabinet for portability (Evo, West Toast, etc). I will take MONEY DONATIONS to help pay for the cabinet. I do not think I will charge for play in general, but I would love for people to be generous in their donations as I will be shouldering the cost for the machine.
Hey Choco if AI doesn't end up getting AA, which is definitely a possibility given how long it took to get GG^C, I will pitch in for the cab and drive over just to get some matches in.  Also on irc you said something about it being an easily transportable one, so even more reason to pitch in.
Magz Secret Anti Nero Strategy #2: "Don't get hit."

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • drive bitch im in my zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »
I'ma popping by tomorrow D:

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2007, 09:56:18 PM »
Good shit tonight guys. GGs to Dan in Guilty Gear! I really need to adapt better to your blockstrings and mix ups and I need to stop getting hit by your damn Baiken guard attacks. No Melty Blood but not like I give a fuck :V (Will your school schedule makes me sad :<)

Fucking Rock Band. That game is so awesome with 4 players.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2007, 11:25:01 PM »
I fear that TF2, Rock Band and a REAL GUITAR will prevent me from getting better at Melty Blood.  AND I'm getting back into WoW.  Ahhhhhhhh....

No, I'll play Melty Blood.  I swear.

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 08, 2007, 10:38:45 AM »
A real guitar is a guitar that only has 5 buttons on the fretboard. That's for real.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2007, 12:24:47 PM »
Sorry about the disappointing Aoko antics, Lokanas. 40-0! lord  :emo:

GGs to you too, Grey Van! Your Axl's looking good, glad you could make it.

GGs to lokanas' brother- Carlos, right? Good Testament! Hated getting KD by you, that tree trap to AD over my head stuff was messing me up all night.

GGs to shashin, too. I fall for those empty I-No dash ins to throw about as often as I seem to fall for Chipp's command throw.  :slowpoke: Your damage output'll go through the roof once you get those FRCs down again

Yah, Rock Band's pretty fun. GGs to Jo for sharing it with us!

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »
Rawr

That is all.
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 19, 2007, 05:02:17 PM »
Hey guys, I'm going to be in Phoenix from the 21st-26th. Hopefully I can meet up with you guys for a day somewhere in between.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »
I -might- be there today. >_> I've got a few plans that might interfere. Hmm.
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #340 on: December 21, 2007, 11:16:23 PM »
Next time I'm at Brian's, can you guys challenge me to a game?  Don't care if it's Brian, Dan, Sam, Jo, Ted or whoever.  Anyone.  Just challenge me.  I'd like to get back into MB - but I don't have the passion to do it myself.  If someone plays with me, I'll probably get more into it.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #341 on: December 22, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »
I think I'm back into MB.  Had a blast playing the game again.  Let's get back into it, dudes : p

Also, is anyone in AZ going to the next WT?  If so... let me lend you my vid camera.  I must see what Kejea is doing to make Mech HISUI win.  There's only a few Japanese Mech HISUI videos on YouTube, so I'll study every resource I can get for her.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 08:41:16 PM by Mailorder »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2007, 01:06:37 AM »
Looks like I missed my chance. :(

And yeah, surprisingly enough, the WT8 vids still aren't posted. And WT9 is less than a week away?
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #343 on: December 27, 2007, 05:43:15 AM »
Looks like I missed my chance. :(

And yeah, surprisingly enough, the WT8 vids still aren't posted. And WT9 is less than a week away?

Maybe next time : p

I think someone said Kejea won't make it to WT9.  So oh well.  As long as Scott doesn't delete anything, I'm willing to wait.  I suck right now, it's not like I'll be able to process everything he's doing with Mech-HISUI.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #344 on: December 27, 2007, 06:22:29 AM »
IMPORTANT

In order to get hype for Melty Blood in Arizona, I'm starting a ranking list.  It's incredibly difficult to get everyone in one place on a specific date for a ranking battle, so here's what we're gonna do instead.  To move up on the list, you must challenge a higher ranked player for first to five wins... and win it.  If you win, you take that player's spot on the rankings and the defending loser drops down one rank.  If you lose, the rankings remain unchanged.  Here's the current rankings - I've assembled it based on how I currently rank us.  If you don't like it - challenge whoever you think you're better than and earn your rightful spot.

ARIZONA MELTY RANKINGS

1. Choco
2. Q-Chu
3. Jaxx
4. Lokanas
5. Glide
6. Mailorder
7. Shashin
8. Milesokeefe

Additional rules and notes:
- You can only challenge the same person once per day.
- If you don't challenge anyone within a month, you will be moved to the bottom.
- You may switch characters during the challenge.
- Don't turn down a challenge.  Respect the person challenging you and give them all you got.
- Don't be a dick and challenge someone who's obviously not in the mood/on a losing streak, or needs to be somewhere ten minutes ago.
- I'll update as often as I can.
- Rules are not set in stone, I'm open for all opinions and/or suggestions.

Get hype, guys.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:14:02 PM by Mailorder »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2007, 11:19:43 AM »
Yeah yeah yeah the lolis are going in the boxes; give me a few days.

Choco: I think you should do what Fubarduck did when he was trying to qualify for Arcana Heart last year. Front the money at release, take payments and donations from whoever, try to qualify, and regardless of what happens with the qualifier sell the kit in the summer (by then there will probably be news of a home port, at the very least) and take that money to go to Japan. However, fubar did take money from people who traveled down to play AH at his place back then, and I think it would be a reasonable request to request :bux: from people who didn't initially buy in on a per-day basis (or they can buy-in and then get a cut of the proceeds when the machine is sold).

Honestly, I don't see a MB:AA qualifier happening in the US (for various reasons) but that's neither here nor there, and you have a few months to figure everything out.

Mailorder: I think a better implementation of your idea would be to just have all of the battles at a local tournament, and just run a ladder side-event. You start with the bottom two people -- if the lower ranked player wins, they swap. Then you move up to the next pairing and keep going until you reach the top. If someone is not there, they 'automatically' lose their one match and the other player just moves on. New players get inserted at the bottom. It's a nice system as someone on a bad day will not lose much but someone that gets hot can make moves.

It's something we used to do locally for SC2 back in the day and it worked well imo.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2007, 11:58:14 AM »
Mailorder: I think a better implementation of your idea would be to just have all of the battles at a local tournament, and just run a ladder side-event. You start with the bottom two people -- if the lower ranked player wins, they swap. Then you move up to the next pairing and keep going until you reach the top. If someone is not there, they 'automatically' lose their one match and the other player just moves on. New players get inserted at the bottom. It's a nice system as someone on a bad day will not lose much but someone that gets hot can make moves.

Definitely something that I'll keep in mind.  And hopefully it's something that Choco will find interesting, since he's running Melty Blood at Phoenix Comic Con.  I'm still gonna do the random challenge ranking thing, though.  Everyone's schedule is so screwed.  Milesokeefe and Q-Chu work 1st shift.  Choco and Glide work 2nd shift.  I work 3rd shift.  Q-Chu, Lokanas and Shashin are in school.  So yeah.  It's tough to get everyone to show up for an event, even if it's gonna be a side thing.  That's why I wanna try this challenge ranking thing.  I think it'll work.

Offline Jaxx

• NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2007, 11:37:05 PM »
Choco, are you still going to the toast??  I talked to someone today that works at the gamestop inside of mills mall.  He was trying to go as well.

Btw, I was gonna come over this weekend, 1. I fianally got some free time, 2. My money situation still isn't fixed but, I still wanna hang out with you all.  I can't support one melty community(So Cal), and not support my own.  However, seeing that the toast is this weekend and everyone will be gone, I will have to stop by some other time.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:40:14 PM by Jaxx »
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #348 on: December 28, 2007, 02:10:57 AM »
I was under the impression that no one in AZ was going to WT9.  I think Brian's vacation time for WT9 was denied.  But then again, Xianoir and Multi from Texas are at Brian's right now and I think one of them mentioned going to WT9.  So... I have no idea.  I guess you'll have to give Brian a call.  I'd love to get in some games with ya, man!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:18:22 AM by Mailorder »

Offline Jaxx

• NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:47 AM »
i'll swing by early then, I'm going bowling at 9 and chilling with some chicas after that, but I do wanna play.  The dude from the gamestop said his mom was gonna cheer him on at the toast.

All though, I'm still without wheels, the free bus goes down that way, however david if your comming down that way and you wanna pick a brotha up...that wouldn't be too bad either.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:45:27 AM by Jaxx »