hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.  (Read 367353 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.
« Reply #900 on: April 17, 2010, 01:54:08 PM »
I'll try to be there around 6. Keyword, try.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 17, 2010, 01:57:18 PM »
I should be there with Kiiroe in tow around 4:30~5ish, just need to shower and then I'll be on my way.  Are we doing anything special for a food run today?  Could hound Ted for info on that ramen shop.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 17, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »
Sounds like people will be there early. Guess I should try to be there early too. :| Gotta pick up that gallon of Arizona green tea. :psyduck: I'm down for a food run.

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 17, 2010, 02:15:40 PM »
Oh man, I cant wait to drink that delicious green tea.  Which reminds me, I should probably pack up my xbox in a bag or something
They observe me operating my automobile,  They are prejudiced

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 18, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
GGs to everyone I got to play yesterday.

@Choco, start tallying up the ranbat points. x_X You picked up F-Hisui pretty quick but I still think she's pretty bad and not the F-Aoko counter you were dreaming of. There are better tools for the trade. :V

@Sam, explaining why AH vs BB makes sense: click You TAKE IT and you LIKE IT, scrub. >:D

@Kiiroe Thanks again for lending me your 360.

Anyone lucky enough to get the leaked 360 version of SSF4? :slowpoke:

I've taken Dippy's suggestion into consideration about H-Ryougi and I think at the next meetup I'll play her exclusively. Gotta start grinding those loops though. <.> I can afford to do this as there will be at least another meetup before the next ranbat to re-learn my other characters if necessary.

Offline Territorial Oak

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 18, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »
I dislike.

I was thinking more from a mechanical standpoint as opposed to character compatability though honestly.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 18, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »
lol that's kinda funny since I could have sworn you told me your more of an aesthetics kind of person than a mechanical one. :|

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 18, 2010, 02:01:50 PM »
Alright, I got almost everything to play melty at home. All I need now is a controller :/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:08:52 PM by Kiiroe »

Offline Territorial Oak

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 18, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »
Well, they both have to meet a certain minimum really.  My threshold for acceptance on mechanics is a lot lower than it is for aesthetics.

I also still have trouble with accepting the characters existing in the same place at the same time.  I understand that there are archetypes for these sorts of things, but stylistically and conceptually, they're just very very different games.  Blaz Blue tries so hard to be edgy, and grim while Arcana Heart seems to be in love with its light-hearted "Mahou Shoujo" feel.  But again, like we said before, "lol fightan gaem story" so it's not that big of a deal.

That being said, I still don't see how it would work on a mechanical level either.  Would you pick grooves?  What about those drive buttons?  How would you balance the AH characters to compete with BB characters if the BB guys get the arcana as well?  Would the AH girls get drives too?  Or would their boost cancels act as drive substitutes?  Would the BB guys get the boost too?  I dunno.  It's all over the place really.  I'm sure you could FORCE it to work, but I don't think I'd look forward to it or even expect it to do remotely well.

EDIT:
Taokaka might fit into Arcana Heart.  That's about the only thing I can really see happening.  And Rachel.  I guess she fits a sort of Moe archetype, right?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:04:16 PM by Glide »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 18, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »
Oh I'm not denying that it would be a very hard game to balance from a mechanics perspective. I'm well-aware. I would like the game for the character compatibility alone because I knew for a fact that ArcSys and Examu were in bed together when it came to their characters. VS games just don't have that these days. Either way, I'm sure if it were to happen, ArcSys or Examu could find some kind of compromise. :| But I wouldn't really wouldn't count on it being balanced, but eh. :psyduck:

Yes those 2 would fit, but I couldn't find a parallel for them. :V
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:21:38 PM by Sam Fisher Is A Badass »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 20, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »
Did I leave my pad over there by any chance? I can't find it now but I could have sworn I took it home with me Saturday night and left it in my car. ???

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 20, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »
Time off approved. See you guys May 6th.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
I'm going to take the 7th off to practice more, since the 8th will be a hectic day. I'll have to drive and pick up Mari.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 24, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »
I'll see if I can be there around 5 or so and if anyone's available for matches then. Still gotta see if my pad is lying around but I'll pick up another one before I head out just in case. :\

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 26, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »

I found my pad.

:\

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 26, 2010, 11:27:04 PM »
lawl
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 27, 2010, 02:10:08 AM »
Yo, so do you guys plan on doing qualifiers for the desert coast team in the Evo regional when we come down or would it be better to save it for devastation?  Devastation might be better for us, since there's one person who won't be able to make it to this next ranbat, but really either way is cool with us.

Also, for this upcoming ranbat, is anything going to be carrying on to sunday?  Asking cuz we probably will have to leave saturday night, since Adonis (lv.0) has work on sunday morning.  He can potentially get the day off, but he wants to save as much vacation time for Evo as possible rather than use any now.  I also need to know the address of where we're heading to, so a PM or whatever would be lovely.  The plan is that we'll be leaving the evening of the 7th (Friday), so expect us super late Friday night.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 27, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »
Ranbat will begin and end on Saturday. There will be casual play / practice on Sunday, but that's about it. No need to stay for Sunday if you need to get back.

What's this business of AZ and Vegas being lumped together as a region? AZ travels to Cali for most of its practice and competition. Vegas hardly travels at all. What other regions are there in the first place?

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 27, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »
It's been a while since this was discussed, but the possibility of combining AZ and Vegas to compete for the same team was mentioned a few weeks ago but there was no followup. Other than that, I think AZ was going to be paired up to compete with the Pacific Northwest then that got changed. Not sure what the deal is now.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 28, 2010, 01:48:55 AM »
I'm not sure if you realized, Choco, but I did decline the chance at Vegas getting its own team, because I don't think it's right for one small scene to get its own team if this shit is supposed to represent entire regions.  If it gets narrowed down to just 8 teams (as I'm guessing it will, if people want it to be a big deal serious business side tourney) then AZ and Vegas should probably combine forces for a desert region team.  It makes a hell of a lot more sense than having some other states smashed together that aren't even close enough to be considered one region.  It IS going to be a regional tourney still, right?

And the only reason that Vegas doesn't really get out much is half because the scene here is so new and half because only a few of us have cars.  Somehow I'm the ringleader of the bunch, so since I've been unable to trip around lately, the others haven't taken the initiative.  

Anyway, if the regional is still going to actually happen, I'd appreciate some consideration into us combining as a region.  A lack of recent travel doesn't mean there's a lack of serious interest or competitive play.  Let's talk about setting up a qualifier at some point.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:51:47 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 28, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »
Choco, let me know how much I owe you.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 28, 2010, 11:42:41 AM »
I still owe Choco $30. x_X

Kiiroe - Will you be at the next session? I still have your 360 but I've got nothing to play on it. :V Too lazy to try and find other used games to rent since I plugged my PS3 back in.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 28, 2010, 03:01:55 PM »
And the only reason that Vegas doesn't really get out much is half because the scene here is so new and half because only a few of us have cars.

Sounds like the majority if the Melty community ;_;

I'm open to the idea, but our two regions aren't exactly buddybuddy yet. I welcome the chances that AZ and NV will be able to meet up at my house and Devastation for some intense practice and making bros out of anyone. Just understand that I have skepticism right now about who would be allowed on the teams. Not sure how everything will play out, but let's just get together and play first!

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 28, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »
Kiiroe - Will you be at the next session? I still have your 360 but I've got nothing to play on it. :V Too lazy to try and find other used games to rent since I plugged my PS3 back in.

Yeah, i'll be there if I can find a ride this week.

Possibly ryd. again? I can pay gas moneys this week

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 28, 2010, 07:10:10 PM »
I'm working Sat prior to heading down to MH, likely until late afternoon/early evening; not sure if I'm going to come home first or just head straight to MH since I'll likely be working around downtown Phoenix.  Though I guess if needed, I can give you a ride since HF has your 360.