When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: La Cote Est du Canada, Quebec et Montreal  (Read 14395 times)

Offline Kazigen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
La Cote Est du Canada, Quebec et Montreal
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
... Yes east coast canada and french, The quebec thread

So after seeing the getting off my lazy ass topic I decided its about time I at least made one specifically for this region.
Now I KNOW there are people who at least know melty blood in this region, and are maybe also lurking using the forums. Cause back over at Otakuthon at the MBAA setup I saw people having fun at it and this one dude actually doing what I think a C-Warc combo... which means SOMEBODY has the game and has practiced! (he sorta did the air combo c b dj c b instead of bc... but he was playing on pad so i don't blame him)

If there's anyone in the montreal region and wants to play, post here and maybe we can get something going cause... I have had MBAA since it came out and haven't really played against GOOD people since. It is sad indeed.

Anyways, I live on the west island, so its not really montreal but I can easily public transit to the metro system if need be.
I can speak both english and french reasonably well (french is weaker).
So yeah, Je veux jouer cette jeux avec les personnes qui son bon. Lets get a community rolling!
Member of the non-existent Montreal Melty scene

Offline Choy

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
    • NihonQc
Re: La Cote Est du Canada, Quebec et Montreal
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »
I was at Otakuthon last August and I did play on that MB setup saturday and sunday. I remember playing against a C-Nanaya player who looked like he was part of the staff, Asian dude. Was it you? I was playing C-Nero a.k.a "Banana" Nero or "Green Giant" Nero lol.

I live at Ahuntsic and we're maybe 2 or 3 people at the local anime club at Cégep de St-Laurent, new players, who plays MB. There's also a friend of mine, a former member of Melty Bread who goes by the name of Archange, who used to play a year ago. There's also a girl I'm keeping in touch with, she was cosplaying schoolgirl Ciel and picked Akiha. V-Akiha I think.

So yeah, maybe we can do something and not just wait for the next Otakuthon to come. I'm eager to have new challenges and learn a thing or two so, let's be honest, I can beast up people and bring the hype at Otakuthon! ;D

By the way, we say "ce jeu" instead of "cette jeux". I know, I'm a native French speaker.

Offline Kazigen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:35:10 AM »
Okay so yeah, my french is quite bad, so bad its funny. Somehow i passed french at John Abbott but I haven't written or really spoken french for a year or so. I guess excuse my poor french :P

But at Otakuthon I didn't really get the chance to play because my group of friends was trying to do other things...
I sat in the back for about 20 minutes on Saturday while my friends did some DDR n stuff. Then the games switched so I left.
Also on Saturday someone I knew was playing there, except at the time he really hated me for something... didn't really want to throw a bunch of drama at the stand. I still don't understand it but meh.
Sunday, didn't have a chance to drop by the game room :(

So the asian guy, most likely not me since i didn't play, however... C-nanaya is my best char.
WHY SO MANY NANAYAS D:
Though... I'm still trying to find MY char to play...

And I feel like I missed important stuff from otakuthon now...

I'd be down to travel out somewhere to play this game.
The question is... where to meet up and play?
My suggestion would be like a venue of sorts. I have no clue of places that are like game centres in montreal though. I have an idea of one in my area... haven't been to it though.

Offline Choy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • NihonQc
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:23:27 PM »
Don't worry, we're all here to learn something. ;)

At Otakuthon, I played against a V-Akiha player, the girl I was talking about earlier. She was decent or at least, she did know how to chain combo. She didn't do her loops though. I beat her. There was also the doujin game setup host, Indian dude I think. The guy who brought a romhack of KOF XIII. He was playing Kouma, oh boy he made me play seriously, he was good. Bnbs, blockstrings. He knew his stuff, matches were tight but in the end, I beat him. That was payback for giving me a beatdown at AE earlier! ;D

I also played against a C-Nanaya player, Asian dude I was talking about earlier. Okay, this guy was no joke. Very good player or more exactly very challenging. He was blockstringing the hell outta my ass and he was mixing me up with his ground overhead but that was only after the many losses I got from him that I realized it. But he said I gave him a good challenge too. By the way, my friend told me that said guy came from the States. No wonder I can't find shit from him in Canadian forums lol.

I also played against another Asian dude, he chose Hisui among the few chars he plays. I actually know him, he was at the same anime club as me at Cégep du Vieux Montréal but when I transferred to St-Laurent, I didn't manage to keep in touch with him and I still do not to this day (always forgot to ask him). I owe him a few things in learning FGs like thinking about defense and "learn2block". Yeah, I was pretty noobish back then. Anyway, he beat me pretty badly with Hisui's chair's shenanigans.

There's always someone better I guess. But I ain't gonna leave it at that. I plan to train hard and give them the beatdown of their life! Oh and I wonder if gambling is allowed at Otakuthon, 'cause I might throw in some money matches. Oh yeah, get the hype going!

Regarding Otakuthon itself, it wasn't very hype. I remember the MvC3 tourney as not as hype as I expected. I mean, people were just sitting there to watch. And the guy on the mic sounded like he was bored. But I can tell you that the Training with Hinako viewing though was mad hype! I kid you not. Where else can you find people screaming like gorillas and throwing chairs while watching an anime about a loli who teaches otakus how to be fit and does the same thing over and over? ;D

Why so many Nanayas indeed lol. Even my friend plays him, she thinks he's cute.

Now, regarding meetings and the likes, yeah having a venue would be a good starting point. There's an arcade centre at downtown, Amusement 2000 Plus, but it only has SF4. There's another arcade centre at the Pepsi Forum with SF4, MvC1 with broken buttons and CvS2. I know Montreal Street Fighter used to hang out at Netchamp. Now they meet up at Foonzo, a lounge with free credit arcade games. Get that wallet ready though as you have to order drink/food every now and then or they'll kick you out. Personally, I don't like this place, not very welcoming. Oh and they don't have MBAA setups.

There's also O-Taku Manga Lounge, they have a few FGs on PS3. Thing is, they only have a PS3 so no MBAA. :(

Maybe we can do something at LAN gaming places like Netchamp or Battle Net 24. Do you have a friend who lives in Montreal? We could meet up at his place.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:34:31 PM by Choy »

Offline Kazigen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »
Otakuthon... This year's convention was my first anime convension, so it's all new to me. Though it seems like I did indeed miss a few noteworthy things.

Sounds like I need to start practicing though, because I have no knowledge of blockstrings except for bnb intros... I dunno, never played against someone who knew what they were doing.

I'm thinking of picking up C-arc due to the fact that... i generally like her and a video of CC made me think of trying her out.

But man, all this talk about Melty really makes me want to go and play it. I need to get my ps2 back from my friend and start grinding out stuff.

But yeah for the place, my friend isn't really into melty so he'd rather use another place first before. So my idea is, we should meet up and go around places checking out venues and asking if they have region lock free ps2, if not, can we birng our own. Cause my friend sugests the Foonzo, but once again, never been to downtown venues. I'll ask him if he would want to tag along, this way he can see if he can find a good sf4 place as well.
But i imagine my friend would play melty if there are people playing it, cause he loves anime, and fighting games... also melty's system is just so good, its impossible to play it and say the system sucks.

As for availability, I'm free friday nights, saturday night and all sunday.
So anytime on the weekend works for me... If not I can always request days off in advance.

Offline Choy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • NihonQc
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »
We won't need to ask for region lock free PS2, I have Freemcboot. It lets you play a burned copy of a game on any console as long as it is NTSC. And Foonzo doesn't have PS2 but maybe we can bring our own, is this what you're implying?

Regarding availability, I'm free all Friday, Saturday night and all Sunday. When and where do you wanna meet up?

Offline Kazigen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »
Yeah, was thinking if they don't have any ps2s, we can bring our own. And i know its a bit sudden, however i'm meeting up with said friend from earlier who plays sf4 this saturday/sunday, so i was thinking sunday during the day we could meet up and check out places. However... i'm not sure what is open on sundays.
For meeting up, my number is 438-868-6019, text me sometime during the day.
For meeting location, he lives at atwater so anywhere from there should work

Offline Choy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • NihonQc
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Ahh I'll call you instead of texting you because I don't have a cellphone. It is okay?

Offline Kazigen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
Yeah, that'll work. Just give me a heads up of who you are when you call cause I don't normally pick up my phone.
But for once, I will remember :P
I look forward to this weekend! :D

Offline Madscientist

• is actually Maidscientist
  • Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 79
    • View Profile

Offline Kazigen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
Aye, yeah sorry Madscientist we haven't really got a chance to really get into the game so far... but once we get a community going we'll start heading out to tournies and stuff. Also cause toronto is 7-ish hour drive from montreal so yeah... if only i could drive D:
Currently, the main place to play fighting games is sorta under renovations so we don't really have a venue to meet up and such.
But give us a month or so after CC comes out and I'm certain we'll have one going.

Offline Kazigen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
So Choy, with Current Code out how about we start organizing meetings to play?
I also imagine Foonzo's open by now so we should meet up there, check it out and play some melty

Offline Level5-Chan

• Apprentice
  • Honor Among Fighters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 06:00:18 PM »
Come at Thursday. All of Blazblue players shall be there, as for me too.
If you want to play, then I'm ready. Just PM me.
Read the Enemy, Analyse it, Imagine it, Execute it and obtain your Victory!

Offline Choy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • NihonQc
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 07:22:33 AM »
It looks like I can't play Current Code on my comp because my video card is too old, doesn't support Shader 3.0. I don't want to spend +50$ on a newer card just so I could play one game because of money issues and so I won't be able to grind and catch up with y'all.

I'll wait for console release instead.

Offline Choy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • NihonQc
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 10:57:43 PM »
I thought I'd revive this thread, at least for people in Montreal looking for players.

So yeah, there's actually a Montreal Melty scene, it's quite small but I'd consider it a subscene being a part of the greater Airdashers scene.

This is where we hang out:
- FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532700160322692/
- MTL topic on DL: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3007-montreal-le-thread-generale-pour-weeaboo-fighters/page-646#entry906525 (the OP is really outdated, we don't hang out at Foonzo anymore, we either do meetups at SmashLoft or p0chp's/Brice's apartment.)
- Our own hub for general discussions: http://www.sankishin.com/board/index.php (the forum might not be that much lively, but the built-in chatroom is though.)

Just yesterday, there was a 8-man Melty tourney. Hope to see you all soon!

Offline juliagarcia

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 03:05:26 AM »
I went and I had a great time, although the truth is that normally I can not go to all the events that I would like because I have other obligations that I also like, if you are interested, one of these obligations is this one https://www.mismosexo.com/ansiedad-por-comer/ although what I enjoy most are these events, so I hope I can go to the next  ;D

Offline NESS_IS_GO

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 10:29:03 AM »
try playing MB in Quebec city, im pretty sure no one plays here