When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Let's Play Melty Vancouver! West Coast Canada Thread  (Read 109826 times)

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Melty Vancouver! West Coast Canada Thread
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »
Also: the only thing stopping me from picking up VAkiha is that fucking ALL OF YOU play her, Momiji loops are just too fun.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

*ahem*

So I'm guessing CHQ isn't getting MBCC huh.  :'(

CHQ ain't getting shit. GvG extreme, MBCC, even AH3 they're not getting any of it.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline Orikasa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • ドリムストライカス~
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »
They can't get GvG Extreme, it needs to connect to the Japanese network in order to even boot up the game.  That's the only reason why CHQ isn't getting it. 

Eh, AH isn't popular enough here.  That being said, I preordered AH3.

Offline Tama

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »
^that's the west coast mentality

massive rushdown 'cause we can practice that in our rooms
..at the cost of our defense

I dunno man, my character has super defense...

haha, there are always a couple exceptions  8-)

i barely go to chq anyways =\
the place is mediocre

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2010, 01:14:05 AM »
Just... 6... more... days.....
ALMOST FREEEEEE (for like 2 weeks before its finals)

Anywho, we should probably plan some meets. I don't mind going to Byuu's house every once in a while, but going there often is ridiculous as it takes me like 2 hours just to get there. Isn't there anyone in between who can host? I can host sometimes, but not often plus I have a dog. Torry's place is ok, but only when he's not working (which like almost never). Mike's house is... well let's just say playing MB there isn't going to happen. Also, it'd be nice to get some recordings going again, so it'd be nice if your recording equipment is good to go Coren.

More importantly, MB meet at Torry's house (Yes he's alive) on Saturday Dec 18th.

Offline Tama

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »
am i allowed to go to the next meet?
if so, what's his address? if not, better luck next time i guess.

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »
Of course you're allowed to go.

As for his address, I'll get back to you on that one. I don't know it off the top of my head so I'll msn it to you.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2010, 04:08:14 AM »
the documentaries and games club promotional videos are over with, I've got my card back.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Zieg

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • False Roman Catholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2010, 11:14:58 PM »
^
^
^
1873 Nelson Ave

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2010, 11:16:35 PM »
So, who's actually coming? I'd like to get a head count in the event that we'll need another setup or something

Offline Zieg

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • False Roman Catholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »
Maybe, if I don't get lost.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »
Going

Offline Byuusan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2010, 01:10:49 AM »
going if Fong going, because i want my convertor back

Offline MrTopHat

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
Aww yeah why post about meets at your own place when you can get someone else to do it for you. 8)

If anyone actually manages to read this before they show up, keep in mind my buzzer is "103", if Fong forgot to mention. Or you can just yell really loudly at the front of the building, I'll probably hear it.

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
Aww yeah why post about meets at your own place when you can get someone else to do it for you. 8)

If anyone actually manages to read this before they show up, keep in mind my buzzer is "103", if Fong forgot to mention. Or you can just yell really loudly at the front of the building, I'll probably hear it.
Yea man, hosting meets at OTHER people's houses, so good.

Anywho, good games today. I swear to god EVERYTIME we play Torry, something fucked up happens. AND IT'S ALWAYS DIFFERENT.

For those who said they were going to show up today, but didn't, you'll get another chance to play on Monday Dec 20 at Torry's house again.
To clarify, it's the Nelson Street in DOWNTOWN Vancouver.

Also, list of people who said they were gonna come play and never showed up to a single meet...
Orikasa
Kageneko_Alfa
Esofor
lolipopbells
Knives
Agent 54c
ToastCrust/TransistorGlamor

If you guys wanna play, should come out for it. If not, I'm just gonna assume none of you have any interest in the game anymore
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:12:01 PM by Press »

Offline Zieg

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • False Roman Catholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2010, 01:57:04 AM »
MB? What's that? I'm playing Animal Crossing all day.

Offline Orikasa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ドリムストライカス~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
I've came down to 2 meets before, but it doesn't help that I'm always working whenever you guys have meets.  It's like, I practice for about 2 hours on my own once in awhile, then find out I can't make it to the meets because I'm working.  This happened a few times before I just stopped playing MBAA.

With that being said, I was going to get really into it if CHQ got MBCC (and of course, had decent competition).  But CHQ fucked up bad, so I have lost quite a bit of interest...

I may drop by for a meet some day in the future, but yeah... probably not.  Tomorrow at Torry's?  Lol no, 8:30am-5:30pm shift, followed by going to the bank to work some shit out.  Then gotta wake up Tuesday morning at 5am to get ready for work again.

Hey Torry, hope you're still eating healthy. ;)

Sorry Fong.  I won't be playing MB. :(

ToastCrust, is it alright if I add you on MSN?

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »
I've came down to 2 meets before, but it doesn't help that I'm always working whenever you guys have meets.  It's like, I practice for about 2 hours on my own once in awhile, then find out I can't make it to the meets because I'm working.  This happened a few times before I just stopped playing MBAA.

With that being said, I was going to get really into it if CHQ got MBCC (and of course, had decent competition).  But CHQ fucked up bad, so I have lost quite a bit of interest...

I may drop by for a meet some day in the future, but yeah... probably not.  Tomorrow at Torry's?  Lol no, 8:30am-5:30pm shift, followed by going to the bank to work some shit out.  Then gotta wake up Tuesday morning at 5am to get ready for work again.

Hey Torry, hope you're still eating healthy. ;)

Sorry Fong.  I won't be playing MB. :(

ToastCrust, is it alright if I add you on MSN?

You and I both know CHQ won't be getting any new fighters for a long while.

Saying you'd only play MB if the new one was out is like saying you won't play SF4 till the arcade gets SSF4. That pretty much just means you're never going to play because there will always be a "new" version. I mean, I'm pretty sure it didn't stop you from playing SF4 when SSF4 was announced did it? I mean, no offense or anything, that really just sounds like an excuse to not play. I mean even at Mike's house, whenever I saw you I'd be like "Hey let's play MB" and unless there was at least 2 other people playing the game, your response was usually "Nah, I'ma just play some SF4 right now".

Besides, I've asked about your schedule before. I mean look at Torry. Not being able to go to MB meets due to work schedules? Torry has like the most fucked up work schedule's I've ever seen yet, he still makes it out whenever he can not to mention host meets. Got work? Tell me when you're off. I can easily schedule a meet for that time. Oh but wait, you're probably busy with something else. Probably SF4. I understand that's your main game, but you definitely make time for that. Enough time to get out of your so called busy schedule to go to the Canada Cup. If you aren't interested in this game, I don't really get why you would always say stuff like "SF4 sucks, we should play MB" but never do. If you like SF4 that's all you, just cuz I don't like SF4 doesn't mean you have to "go with the flow" and say you hate it too. Obviously that's not the case. Especially when you're saying shit like "SF4 is a terrible game so let's play MB" and never end up playing it.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »
Lolipop probably won't be showing up for any meets, I know him from school and he doesn't play MB anymore, just DFO and SC2; I got him to join up because at the time I was helping him learn MB.

Now, about Monday:

How late are you guys gonna be playing? Because I need to pickup some stuff from my Dentist at 3, so I probably wouldn't make it till like 5 or so at the earliest.

Offline Orikasa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ドリムストライカス~
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2010, 10:58:31 PM »
You and I both know CHQ won't be getting any new fighters for a long while.

Saying you'd only play MB if the new one was out is like saying you won't play SF4 till the arcade gets SSF4. That pretty much just means you're never going to play because there will always be a "new" version. I mean, I'm pretty sure it didn't stop you from playing SF4 when SSF4 was announced did it? I mean, no offense or anything, that really just sounds like an excuse to not play. I mean even at Mike's house, whenever I saw you I'd be like "Hey let's play MB" and unless there was at least 2 other people playing the game, your response was usually "Nah, I'ma just play some SF4 right now".

Besides, I've asked about your schedule before. I mean look at Torry. Not being able to go to MB meets due to work schedules? Torry has like the most fucked up work schedule's I've ever seen yet, he still makes it out whenever he can not to mention host meets. Got work? Tell me when you're off. I can easily schedule a meet for that time. Oh but wait, you're probably busy with something else. Probably SF4. I understand that's your main game, but you definitely make time for that. Enough time to get out of your so called busy schedule to go to the Canada Cup. If you aren't interested in this game, I don't really get why you would always say stuff like "SF4 sucks, we should play MB" but never do. If you like SF4 that's all you, just cuz I don't like SF4 doesn't mean you have to "go with the flow" and say you hate it too. Obviously that's not the case. Especially when you're saying shit like "SF4 is a terrible game so let's play MB" and never end up playing it.

I'm sorry, I should've clarified.  I meant MB(AA) in general, not MBCC.  It seems to me if CHQ were to get MB, it would be CC.  If I were always waiting for the newest iteration, well, I wouldn't be playing anything.

It's funny how you think I have time for SSFIV now (or rather, make time).  I used to (before I had a job and went to Mike's), but I don't now.  I haven't played SFIV/SSFIV in a long time right now.  As for MB at that time, I felt like I really needed to hit up training mode before I had a real sit down session against you or any other experienced player.  Mainly to digest the Aoko strats you told me and to give myself time to figure out blockstrings, bnbs, etc.  That's why I refused.  Why did I refuse on more than one occasion?  Because I couldn't play MBAA at home at the time (few weeks/months...? I forget), and I really didn't want to kick anyone off a set-up at Mike's just so I could go into training mode by myself.  Oh, and I really only played SFIV at Mike's when Ray or Clarence asked me to.

I booked time off to go to Canada Cup...  But I'm done with traveling to tournaments.  Maybe EVO 2011, but we'll see about that.

And SFIV IS a terrible game.  After Canada Cup, I was done with the current SSFIV.  It's been a little over a month since I last really played.  And I didn't even play SSFIV during the month before Canada Cup.  I had like, 2 practice sessions 2 months before the event. >_>"

Strangely, I feel like playing MB now. XD

I've got a buddy who really wants to play MBAA, but he's an arcade player.  Said something about playing MBAC a lot at CHQ, until no one challenged him anymore and CHQ removed the cabinet.

I've got one more reason why I can't show up at meet-ups, but I'll have to tell you that in private.

EDIT: Working 10 days in a row is fucking gay. >=/
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:02:13 PM by Orikasa »

Offline MrTopHat

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2010, 01:02:15 AM »
Well I'd say your foundations are good enough that not practicing isn't going to make it completely fruitless. If you don't plan on travelling to tournaments, then you should let go a little. Come to a meet for a game you don't practice. What's the big deal? Especially with MB, some of the people around here have less fighter experience; while training mode pays off, there's still room for you to enjoy a 2-sided match. It doesn't have to be about the competition, you don't have to money match Coren just because everyone else wants to :V. I hosted a meet the other day and I haven't played MB in many many months, training or otherwise. Or any other fighters for that matter. But I played, ate pizza, won some and lost some, and it was fun.

You should come around when you've got time, I like your company!

PS 10 days of work is terrible, you shouldn't work jobs that make you work 10 days in a row (unless you like that sort of thing).

Offline Orikasa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ドリムストライカス~
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2010, 06:27:38 AM »
Yeah, you're right.  I do need to learn some fundamentals like air footsies just so I know how to play games like that. 

I'm not completely dropping MB and I will try to make it out to future meets.  It's just lately I've been feeling like I keep on missing out, especially when it's close to Winter Holiday and it seemed like I was going to be unable to attend anything.  Sorry Fong, you know I love you long time. <3  No homo.

Personally, in a combo-heavy game like MB, I would at least like to get one decent bnb down and a safe blockstring mix-up before I have a good session against someone.  I didn't have that before, but I do now.

Weekly sessions at BYUUUUUUUUUUUSAN's, right?

Offline Zieg

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • False Roman Catholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »
Whoa, drama in my MB thread: really matches the "Actress Again" thing.

Last meet was @ Torry's and it seems I may be dropping by today. MAYBE--because you guys are gay.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:17:27 PM by Zieg »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
Yeah, you're right.  I do need to learn some fundamentals like air footsies just so I know how to play games like that. 

Training mode and watching vids can help, but you honestly can't learn stuff like that without playing a lot, just it is for SF footsies.

You should practice and go to as many meets as you can, regardless of what fundamentals you lack. The more you play, the easier it will be to achieve them. Experience > * 
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Orikasa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ドリムストライカス~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »
Training mode and watching vids can help, but you honestly can't learn stuff like that without playing a lot, just it is for SF footsies.

You should practice and go to as many meets as you can, regardless of what fundamentals you lack. The more you play, the easier it will be to achieve them. Experience > *  

Yeah, I'm well aware of that.  Which is why I want to go down to meets.  Before, I was using Training Mode just to test set-ups and occasionally do combos to refresh my memory.  Not, "do the same combo over and over and over again".  

It's just that in these types of games (combo heavy/gatling/airdashers, doujin fighter, etc.), I honestly need to get down a bnb first.  It's like I get messed up by a 30% combo and I deal a 5% combo in return...  Same thing happened when BB came out, I had to spend several hours in training mode first.  I wouldn't play against anyone until I could get a decent bnb down first.  You can get by in SF by just poking, and most of the cast is pretty simple to use.  i.e. Jab x3 xx special.  

Working overtime today = missed payment = fucked.  ;D

Fong, I'll contact you on MSN.  I don't believe this timing because I too find it bullshit, but I'm not working ridiculous 6-7 day weeks anymore.  Just got my schedule today.  Also, I honestly feel like I need to tell you shit that was holding me back from the meets but I'm only willing to tell you (and possibly Torry because he's awesome).

Torry, you're fucking awesome to be around with.  Let's hang out again sometime soon. =)

This could possibly be the first time I've made a thread more "interesting", lol.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:00:53 PM by Orikasa »

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2010, 10:49:12 PM »
Yoooooo, Good Games everyone.

We'll kick Fong off the TV for sure next time.