hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Let's Play Melty Vancouver! West Coast Canada Thread  (Read 111167 times)

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Melty Vancouver! West Coast Canada Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »

LOL, I stopped playing Len for F-Sion cuz I couldn't play her on stick at the arcade.

We fucking get it, you're god's gift to melty blood, us peasants are blessed to be able to look upon your holy visage.

Maybe if you stopped stroking your dick about Melty all the time more people would play it: no one really gives a shit that you're good at melty and have never won an event ever. You even talk shit about people you haven't even played like Kusanagi, who fucking placed third in EVO and was the only person to beat Garu AT ALL in the entire event including casuals.

You're talk a lot of shit for someone who didn't even place in the prizes at an anime convention tourney.

I'm not as good at melty as you are but at least I fucking know how bad I am.

LOL, When have I EVER said I was good? I have never said I would win Evo or that I was the best player ever. I'm pretty sure you know just HOW MUCH I say Jay is better than me.

Place prizes at an anime convention tourney? The last time I went to AE was like 2 years ago. What did I do last year? I went got a JOB, you know one of those things you use to earn money with? Not everyone has amazing parents that will pay for EVERYTHING you have. I'm 2 years into student loans. I need a job to keep myself going. I'm sorry I didn't spend over a grand to go a tourney for a fighting game.

I've said it before, I'm not pro.  I've just played MORE than all of you. Fuck even Mike C who doesn't play this game can beat me, it's not exactly hard. I've spent plenty of hours giving you advice on what you should do. Not my problem if you ain't gonna take them.

Talk shit about other players? Lol don't even. You know EXACTLY how much I respect players like Zar and Spooky. I never said Kusa was shit, I just said he played scrubby during the tourney.

What about you? Lol you say you're gonna kick people's asses in fighting games and then end up LOSING. Best C-Roa player in Canada? Clarence, who spent THREE days learning C-Roa, beat your ass in a money match. Even after that you still claim to be "best C-Roa" of Canada. Don't even kid yourself.

If you mad, stay mad in your room. You mad at Wu? Stay mad at Wu. Better yet, why don't you kick his ass in MB to shut him up? Don't take your shit out on others.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline geogaddi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • n y a
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2011, 11:17:40 PM »
come at me bro my body is ready

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »

LOL, I stopped playing Len for F-Sion cuz I couldn't play her on stick at the arcade.
Maybe if you stopped stroking your dick about Melty all the time more people would play it

The only reason why we even have this thread, people to play with, and a scene is because of me. I have yet to see YOU bring a SINGLE player into the scene.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »
No, I'm fucking done with MB, you guys treat me like shit and you keep Stroking your fucking egos all over the place.

"I wonder if anyone will make me play my main today" "I lost at Akicon because I didn't have my stick" "Garu isn't even that big a name player" "I might quit MB because no one can face me in it"

Anyone who thinks 'best C-Roa' was anything more than a joke about being the only contestant is a fucking retard I haven't even said that in months because Clarence and Peter were put off by it so I listened to what they were trying to say when they actually decided to talk about it rather than pull sophmoric shit like challenge to money matches or just talk shit about me.

You know, kind of like you faggots do.

I don't even like playing with you guys anymore, it's not a fucking game when I play you fong, it's fong's special Melty Blood 'I'm really good so I'm not even gonna try' wank fest, and it always ends in shittalk. And now Wu 'I never played a game of anything with you before now, but I'm gonna talk shit about you anyways' is gonna come here and pull that shit? Fuck that. I stuck around because Mike, Torrey, Kenny, Zeig and the rest were fun to play and nice guys; but I'm really tired of you're shit: I'm done I'm not gonna put myself through all the shit I get for no reason so you guys can have your wankfest. you go around trying to start moneymatches for me, you talk shit about me on the internet and behind my back, you never fucking respect me, and quite frankly:

it's not that you're any good Fong, everyone just sucks.

And you don't even know who I am Wu, what the fuck was your problem anyways.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:30 PM »
The only reason why we even have this thread, people to play with, and a scene is because of me. I have yet to see YOU bring a SINGLE player into the scene.

That's cool, I've only been playing and teaching melty to people on my lunchbreaks, trying to organize Tournaments through SFu and not getting the grant money I need, Organizing workshops, and trying to get theguys I have playing MB to come to mike's with me.

I totally forgot that this thread, the idea of playing melty blood in bristish columbia belonged to you, my bad.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline geogaddi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • n y a
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2011, 11:45:48 PM »
the idea that you are not universally hated is a facade, i am going to break it to you because i know no one else will, and i know you will not be able to understand that because obviously you are too caught up in your own world

such are the ways of people whom lay blame on others for their own shortcomings

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »
Quote from: Press

and you are?
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Zieg

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • False Roman Catholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
Man, you guys are assholes! :o

EDIT: LOL! More "Actress Again" fodder. Drama is great; but don't go too far.

Cheers,
Zieg

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 14, 2011, 12:00:37 AM »

Hmmmmm, this sure sounds familiar. Oh yea, it's cuz that's what I say ALL THE TIME

I don't even like playing with you guys anymore, it's not a fucking game when I play you fong, it's fong's special Melty Blood 'I'm really good so I'm not even gonna try' wank fest, and it always ends in shittalk. And now Wu 'I never played a game of anything with you before now, but I'm gonna talk shit about you anyways' is gonna come here and pull that shit? Fuck that. I stuck around because Mike, Torrey, Kenny, Zeig and the rest were fun to play and nice guys; but I'm really tired of you're shit: I'm done I'm not gonna put myself through all the shit I get for no reason so you guys can have your wankfest. you go around trying to start moneymatches for me, you talk shit about me on the internet and behind my back, you never fucking respect me, and quite frankly:

And you don't even know who I am Wu, what the fuck was your problem anyways.

Sure sounds like "OMG I can't beat Fong, so this game is no fun! Instead I'm gonna go play people I can beat like Mike, Torry, Kenny and Zeig."

and you are?

If you're referring to the YOU in my post, then Coren.
If you're referring to me in general, then it doesn't matter. Maybe when I get a job after school, we can get to know each other at tourneys
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 07:27:50 AM by Press »

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #384 on: January 14, 2011, 12:22:15 AM »
Soooooooo my copy of AH3 is "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" from Tokyo International like 14 hours ago.

Offline geogaddi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • n y a
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 14, 2011, 07:50:19 AM »
Your body, is it ready for AH3?

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #386 on: January 14, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »
T-those animated sidebars....

Offline Tama

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 14, 2011, 12:14:05 PM »
lol dorama

i'm gonna go play melee

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 14, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »
uhhh

yo damn
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
Finally done finals. Who's got a copy of AH3 and when are you people free. TELL ME I MUST PLAY

Offline MrTopHat

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 14, 2011, 08:58:01 PM »
Man, I neglect the BC MBAA forum for like a week and come back to this! I guess with MvC3 on the horizon it's only natural...

Though it looks like a double-KO to me, gg guys!

Offline Byuusan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2011, 12:20:45 AM »
i migth get AH3, im still thinking on it., i still ahve a valid coupon so that helps.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »

That's kind of a selfish thing to say. Even though an organizer's role in the fg scene is very important, a scene wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the players. Also, I'm sure if you weren't around someone else could of picked up the slack. Someone always does because it's just the natural thing to do if you want to play these kinds of games. And that's exactly what happened, when people were playing MB, before you were even around. Saru Kada helped to make it happen. So did Alexey, Shui and myself. Even when we didn't have a place to play, we did it gazebo-style. Why? Cuz we wanted to play ofc!  ;D

While what you do to help your scene is appreciated I'm sure, it's probably best not to get too arrogant with that fact. ;)

♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Tama

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »

hmmm

looks like we need to step it up, fellas.

MB ANYONE?
zieg? anyone around the vancouver area?

Offline geogaddi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • n y a
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2011, 01:52:56 PM »
you know I AM ALWAYS DOWN for SALT MATCHES

call me

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »

That's kind of a selfish thing to say. Even though an organizer's role in the fg scene is very important, a scene wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the players. Also, I'm sure if you weren't around someone else could of picked up the slack. Someone always does because it's just the natural thing to do if you want to play these kinds of games. And that's exactly what happened, when people were playing MB, before you were even around. Saru Kada helped to make it happen. So did Alexey, Shui and myself. Even when we didn't have a place to play, we did it gazebo-style. Why? Cuz we wanted to play ofc!  ;D

While what you do to help your scene is appreciated I'm sure, it's probably best not to get too arrogant with that fact. ;)

I only said what I said because Coren was accusing of me deterring people fromm playing. I know it sounded arrogant, and mostly it was said in the moment, but I do not like it when someone who can't even something as simple as bring his recording setup since he was the only one with a portable one, basically telling me that I'm deterring people from playing. Too much stuff to bring? I always bring my stick, PS2 and 2 extra pads whenever I go to a meet. Recording setup is just a laptop and dazzle.

Oh believe me when I say I know the scene wouldn't be around without people. After all, I had to play netplay for like a year before I had met anyone in real life to play with. Before I was around, I know Saru Kada was helpin out. But after the PC port, no one really played anymore. Shui has been super busy with life for the past while, Saru Kada doesn't even play the game much except when I ask him to play with me and the MB people and I guess you moved. I honestly think people would've been content to just do netplay all day instead of in person.

Of course I try and get people together and play in person for fun and not for thanks. But I really don't appreciate getting slammed on not doing a good job by someone who doesn't have anything to show for the community.

And really, I like how most people other than the ones living in Vancouver will automatically assume I'm the one at wrong here just because I don't go on IRC and thus no one really knows who I am. If anyone really bothered to look at the beginning of this, you would've seen that I was the first and only person to tell Wu to stop trolling. He couldn't find something to say to Wu so he ended up taking out his frustration at me.

On a completely different note. I'm gonna see if I can find some places to host meets. Probably gonna end up being at Byuu's or Torry's place unless anyone wants to offer

Offline Enhance

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »
Ah, nothing like some quality drama to spice up an otherwise bland and boring thread. All that friendliness and "GGs guys!" was really making me sick to my stomach.

Now, having said that, I really don't like the way things are going here. First off what really appalls me here is the fact that everyone seems to be OK with Coren's decision to quit. Nobody said a word, meaning they are alright with his decision. I'm not. Think about it  - how hard is it to find new players? And how much more difficult it is to keep them interested and willing to play on a regular basis? This small scene of ours really cannot afford to lose players.

Fong, I was truly surprised by your response to this whole fiasco. Trying to claim some sort of ownership to the scene and then making it seem like you're entitled to something for supporting it is just...wow...distasteful, to say the least. I understand it was said in the moment, but pointing out others' faults and playing the blame game is certainly not the way of a leader, which you claim to be. I don't want to see ANYONE leave or quit for whatever reason, because I understand how hard it is to find new players, for they are what makes a 'scene'.

Now, Wu, you're definitely not helping with the trolling. Why would you make yourself look like a complete asshole when you just recently arrived on the scene. And why would you willingly and knowingly try to get someone to quit...I know you're a nice guy, but I can't speak for everyone in this thread. This is just the impression I get from reading your posts here.

So tl;dr, this has been my weigh in on this debacle. I said it and I'll say it again: I don't want anyone quitting for whatever reason. Now I'ma go punch a wall, I am seriously pissed off. Good day, everyone.

Offline Zieg

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • False Roman Catholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2011, 05:01:18 PM »
zieg? anyone around the vancouver area?
Contact Dermatitis, but I can try.

Cheers,
Zieg

PS: This drama sh*t can suck it; it shouldn't have to go so far that players would choose to ameliorate themselves by quitting the community. This whole thing has been truly unsightly.

PS2: I was out the whole day when the drama thing transpired; which means I couldn't offer even the slightest sliver of an opinion towards the little quarrel until I got home--and when I did, stuff had already ended.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:28:21 PM by Zieg »

Offline geogaddi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • n y a
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
Look, I can be a dick as much as I want. The truth is Coren should be able to handle it if he was a real man. But no, I gave him a simple idea of insecurity of his own character and he totally went overboard with it. I gave him simple jabs that could be taken as either personal or as a light joke, he took it as a direct insult to his manhood, so he blew up.

I don't see any sympathy towards people who can't handle their shit, much like 12 year olds who just discovered facebook and can't take an insult over the internet. Such are the ways of basement dwellers and 4channers. It is true that I was a dick. But I did it for his sake, for anyone who knows me knows that I don't aim to be rude at other people, I don't even necessarily confront those people who I don't like. What I see in Coren though when I look at him is just ...unrespectable. That's why I did what I did. Never have I seen someone so easily trolled. Claiming that he had enough shit from other people at Mike's apartment. GEE, I WONDER WHY.

Look, if anything, it's a life lesson for him I'm doing for him. He should know I have nothing against him and I did it for the lulz. HAHAHAAH
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:30:36 PM by geogaddi »

Offline Tama

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »
@zieg just msn me if you wanna play

idk what contact dermatitis is. i think you showed me once, though.

aleksei, saying you don't want them to quit is great and all, but there is some obvious tension and frustration in this community. i don't want coren to quit myself, but obviously he's angry at fong and wu and vice versa, so there's not much i can do.
i don't really know the history behind all this tension (i've been to like 3 meets in my entire mb career), so i can't say much.

if it really means anything, i like the whole mb community, even thought you said i sucked, aleksei =(

i pretty much suck, but whatever. this game is fun, so i'll keep playing it. one day i'll get fong to use his main on me. one day.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:02:18 PM by Tama »