When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old  (Read 74419 times)

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
Re: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »
so HOTEL GATHERING AGAIN

http://shoryuken.com/f7/nc-hotel-session-2-25-11-mvc3-ah3-super-ps2-games-264191/

or Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/nycfurby/posts/147751015283594#!/event.php?eid=197439436932810

Brandon's bringing a dedicated Melty setup. There'll be some of everything at this.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2011, 03:00:33 PM »
Might be done around mid-late may.  Let's play at that time PWS. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »
I miss Melty Blood.  :gonk:
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2011, 08:49:39 AM »
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #280 on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:40 AM »
I wish I lived here so I could have people in my distance to play   :(
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline jandrmayers

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
Just started playing this game a couple of days ago extremely hyped about it though, and looking for possiably others in the nearby area i live in lumberton, nc about 30 mins from fayettevile if anyone is familiar or lives near hit me up with a message would love to actualy lose a match (cpu playing killing me)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »
Yo good shit bro, I'll be down in Jacksonville around June 10th-early July.  I'd be happy to come by since you're relatively close.  If you can get some of your friends interested I'd be happy to teach you guys the basics and get you started.  

Practice Practice Practice until then.  Want to go on a road trip?  Maybe we can hit up SilentShinobi in Alabama.  I've always wanted to play him.   (Unfortunately in Southern Melty you gotta be willing to travel)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:36:25 PM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2011, 09:17:24 AM »
Yo good shit bro, I'll be down in Jacksonville around June 10th-early July.  I'd be happy to come by since you're relatively close.  If you can get some of your friends interested I'd be happy to teach you guys the basics and get you started.  

Practice Practice Practice until then.  Want to go on a road trip?  Maybe we can hit up SilentShinobi in Alabama.  I've always wanted to play him.   (Unfortunately in Southern Melty you gotta be willing to travel)

Yeah everyone in the South is spread out so it's that much more difficult.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2011, 11:24:37 AM »
I know Shinobi is having a gathering on the 18th...?  It's his birthday, and he wants to run melty.  If we can get 5+ guys there I'm all up for that. 

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 29, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »
Wow people playin Melty in NC. I wouldn't mind playing with you guys some time.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »
Like I said, I'll be down there after BBG.  So maybe 10 or so days.  We'll organize something then.  Get hype.   :toot: :toot:

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »
Who is playing this game locally?  Where are you? Do you play with anyone/where/how?

I hang out at the NCSU library gaming area from
2:15-6pm mon,wed
4-6pm tues,thurs
12-6pm friday

There are a few other guys that play here too.

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2012, 01:39:15 PM »
I'm in Boone. I play H-Ryougi (poorly - the knife pickup loop is hard). There's at least some interest, but nobody good that I'm aware of. We have general fighting game meetups weekly, so I've been working on teaching people the game. The campus gaming club (of which I am president) has monthly LANs with both PC and console tournaments - I'm hoping to generate enough interest to run an official Melty tournament at our April 28th LAN.

Offline Titus Groan

• Apprentice
  • Bang.
    • View Profile
North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »
I'm also in NC (Chapel Hill) and only recently got into fighting games. Also, I just love games with depth and a focus on asymmetrical multiplayer systems which is why I'm fascinated on trying out more and more fighting games.

I had some questions about Melty Blood but I couldn't find the proper place to post. Since I don't want to derail this thread, would anyone mind sending me a PM?(tapatalk seems to be having issues with that part of the forums)

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 14, 2012, 05:01:55 AM »
PM'd. You really don't have to worry about derailing this thread though - it hasn't gotten too much use lately (doesn't mean nobody plays Melty though).

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
Yeah it seems like the game of the week so far at state at least until everyone gets tired of being blown up for mashing.

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2012, 08:55:57 PM »
Yeah it seems like the game of the week so far at state at least until everyone gets tired of being blown up for mashing.

I hate how hard most of the people I have to play against tend to mash 90% of the time - I hardly get any real-world practice with real stagger strings because 2A > 2A works too often. On the other hand, learning C-Cake C-Hime is going well, and the style fits me better than H-Ryougi does in CC.

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »
My laptop is capable of running xsplit and Melty at the same time with no delay, so I'll be streaming casuals this Friday (and hopefully from every other gathering too)

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
News at state people are figuring out hey I should block on wake up and not tech yay progress :toot:.  Still some massive neutral game problems, but I don't know how to explain melty neutral game.

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 26, 2012, 09:45:44 PM »
I feel like the "right" way to play Melty at neutral is so character dependent that it can't really be summed up easily. It's learned with practice, and that's about it. If you really want to simplify it you could probably tell them to play footsies in 2D (instead of 1D like SF) and try not to get counterhit, but that doesn't really do it justice. :slowpoke:

Blocking on wakeup is good, as is not mashing tech, but how do they deal with (endless) pressure?

Oh, and the gathering went pretty well I guess, though I didn't actually end up streaming any real matches....

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 27, 2012, 06:40:55 AM »
Yeah but I'm trying to give people advice on what they should be doing.  Really doesn't help when they are playing someone like F-Sion.  At least with the Shiki's I can say use X really good move alot.

I'm trying to get them focused on oki it is just as important as combos themselves actually probably more important but the only people who really even try shit on oki is the maids player and the nero(do a special congrats pressure).  Everyone else either just runs up and 2As or backs off.

=
Blocking on wakeup is good, as is not mashing tech, but how do they deal with (endless) pressure?

Normally trying to poke out and/or getting hit, I have not gotten 1 guard break yet, and nobody is really EX-guarding to stay in business so until that starts happening they arn't blocking enough.  I actually have switched off my main for a bit to get people more used to blockstrings because Catsuki's is a half grappler sooo blocking isn't the best of idea's against her, plus her stings last like 4 seconds tops.  Unlike when I bust out F-V.Akiha or H-Roa or C-Aoko.

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »
I wrote up this post days ago and forgot to hit post :gonk:

Yeah but I'm trying to give people advice on what they should be doing.  Really doesn't help when they are playing someone like F-Sion.  At least with the Shiki's I can say use X really good move alot.

I'm trying to get them focused on oki it is just as important as combos themselves actually probably more important but the only people who really even try shit on oki is the maids player and the nero(do a special congrats pressure).  Everyone else either just runs up and 2As or backs off.

Doesn't F-Sion usually use gunshots for ground-to-ground zoning / harassment (to make the other player want to jump if they're not jumping for some reason), 3B to antiair when possible (leads to j.Cx6 combo), and j.B / j.C / j.[C] for air-to-air and air-to-ground poking? That's mostly what I'm seeing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YXHF6ZtXg has some good F-Sion matches, maybe show that to the player?

I'm not really sure how to make people focus on okizeme, but you could at least tell them which of their normals are best for beginning pressure on oki - 2A isn't exactly optimal for a lot of characters.

Normally trying to poke out and/or getting hit, I have not gotten 1 guard break yet, and nobody is really EX-guarding to stay in business so until that starts happening they arn't blocking enough.  I actually have switched off my main for a bit to get people more used to blockstrings because Catsuki's is a half grappler sooo blocking isn't the best of idea's against her, plus her stings last like 4 seconds tops.  Unlike when I bust out F-V.Akiha or H-Roa or C-Aoko.

H-Roa and F-Warc are my go-to characters for demonstrating standard pressure in this game. C-Hime isn't a grappler or anything, but I can't think of anyone else with aerial air-unblockables off the top of my head. I've gotten a couple guard breaks, but nobody seems to EX-guard - they seem to prefer either just blocking or trying to shield out.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 09, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
To be fair you normally shouldn't be EX guarding except during rapid hit moves unless you failed a parried/dodged recently, like for example Warc's rings or Ciels' daggers you can mash in ~2 free EX guards before you have to block a mixup which should give you enough guard.

Dude made F-sion his secondary for C/H-Hime which was probably a good move he couldn't get the j.[C] combos to work for him well even in training mode let alone a match it is the guys first fighter after Marvel, plus I actually know a bit about hime so I can help him there.

A guy here can play C/F Maids decently at least so he was showing them some block for 5 decades pressure, and gotta watch me just block him forever, then blow him up.  Basically his neutral game is way better with C but his pressure is way better with F, once I hit either of them he loses though he doesn't know how to deal with that 3.5/4-way shit...heck nobody does...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:59:26 PM by noradseven »

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 28, 2012, 01:03:37 PM »
Getting people to stick with this game is hard :bricks: :slowpoke: