hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old  (Read 74421 times)

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
Re: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »
Cool, who you team with then?

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
Silent Shinobi and Kusanagi
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2010, 05:19:11 AM »
Page 2? What happened to NC Melty?

Also, hype for AH3.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »
Brandino hung up on me last time I called him. Screw that guy.

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2010, 08:11:20 PM »
Sucks. Well, if anyone's interested in driving all the way to the mountains, I'll at least have a copy of MBAA at Appstate's events this year.
Can't say I've been playing it too much lately though; the AH3 announcement got me playing AH1. It's like I gravitate towards games with no scene or something  :V

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
You live in Boone, right? Is there a scene for anything there?

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »
Not really, though I've been working on it for more than half a year now. It's not that there's a shortage of players here, it's convincing them to all come out at once to play / compete that's proved to be the issue.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »
lol Melty gatherings are like me/Matt, if anything, in Raleigh nowadays

I'm guessing they play in Greenville a bit though (James, Brandon, Matt?).

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
Wow, the Melty hype here just isn't what it used to be. Maybe when the college guys are back...

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »
Wow, the Melty hype here just isn't what it used to be. Maybe when the college guys are back...

I don't have a stick and won't have one till next week so I really haven't sat down and played a serious session since EVO...this needs to change.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »
Yeah, looks like you already heard about the session today. Don't know how many MB players will be around besides you, me and 7th if he wants to play.

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2010, 11:41:25 PM »
Hope to see you guys at Lucky's for some more Melty. Though I'll admit I'm going through a bad character crisis....so I guess I'll be busting out someone  new at next Lucky's. lol.
Though this time I'll be using the character that I like the most rather than just  trying to get a win with C-Akiha (or C- V. Akiha) all the time. So yeah... I'll see how that works... I didn't learn Tekken til I dropped Jin completely and used Xiaoyu, so maybe it'll be the same for Melty... 

And I'm Just up late / bored and just writing whatever.....  So the rest of this is just me rambling on I guess....

I usually wouldn't even try this hard to be decent at a game that I'm this bad at, but until AH3 (as well as some other new upcoming fighters), Melty is the only 2D game I really enjoy playing...  I like Blazblue, but playing Defense in that game is hell for me (even more than Melty), and isn't quite as fun for me either....  Like in Melty, it's at least always satisfying to get a parry/shield and cancel into super, or an air dash parry into more offense, or whatever. But I don't have that kind of thing to look forward to in BB...  I know there's more I can do in BB on defense, but I still like having some kind of concrete defensive option.... like parries, sidesteps, or guard cancels like in AH..  But maybe I just need more time with it though.

Offline PacStrife

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2010, 11:52:42 PM »
Yo, I play the guy with the fire.  The name is James.  Look me up scrubs.  >:( 

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »
Yo, I play the guy with the fire.  The name is James.  Look me up scrubs.  >:( 

Who is you?  :blah:

Yeah so uhh...unless I get my custom stick before Saturday I'll most likely be missing this Lucky's. Doesn't help I got a on base ticket for expired tags :V

Stay free, Brandfreeno.

Stay free.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »
Yo, I play the guy with the fire.  The name is James.  Look me up scrubs.  >:(  

Yo, Pac didn't know you had a melty bread account.  You're still all the way out there?

Man, wish you guys were playing at GameFrog today (yesterday), I need practice!! I remember one of you guys were there (Brandino I think? I'm going by the Ciel avatar. lol), but never set up the PS2  :(   

I'll probably be spending more time on this game anyway, since I think I'm done with Tekken after this past GameFrog tournament with like a total of 2 players...   :/   

They still have MB at gamefrog or are they done?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:20:58 AM by arvy »

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »
Gamefrog doesn't have CRTs, so generally...no PS2 games. The organizer doesn't respect the game either. So yeah.

You should go to Lucky's this weekend.

Brandon how do you go through so many sticks son. You just left one of them and a pair of shoes at Evo. By 2020 half of the anime sticks in circulation within the fighting game community will have been Brandino's at some point.

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
They still have MB at gamefrog or are they done?

Not sure, the last tournament I went to was the last Lucky's. But the last gamefrog I went to, there was no Melty.

Edit : lol, I answered a minute too late.

Edit Edit : Leaving stick / shoes.... Was your bag that full that you couldn't pack $200+ worth of merchandise with you back to NC??  :V
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:49:59 PM by 7thfonon »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:04 AM »
Lol.

It only took me two years to find out that I can't stand stock sticks. Remember the Ciel custom I had back when I went to Lucky's? Yeah I'd still be using it today if it didn't get jacked.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2010, 06:13:53 PM »
Well since Wilmington isn't looking too good for me WTB games in Raleigh tomorrow?

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2010, 06:53:31 AM »
I might be going to Wilmington, not sure. But State is doing games tomorrow (Saturday).

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:02 AM »
I might be going to Wilmington, not sure. But State is doing games tomorrow (Saturday).

No problem with State, but Wilmington isn't going to happen with me and I doubt much MB would've went down even if I showed up.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »
I don't know what we'll play, honestly. People are salty about Super, but BB is only popular with Blake/Matt. I could see us playing Melty sooner than a lot of games, but I don't know. I'm not sure what Q and Will actually REALLY play anyways.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:32 AM »
I don't know what we'll play, honestly. People are salty about Super, but BB is only popular with Blake/Matt. I could see us playing Melty sooner than a lot of games, but I don't know. I'm not sure what Q and Will actually REALLY play anyways.

I don't see people being salty about Super more so than NC getting a reality check in it. I just see people focusing more on Super because it's Super and BBCS because of the new game smell. Also I wouldn't forget Austin since he genuinely enjoys BBCS. It just seems like ever since EVO, MB has taken the back-burner from the gatherings I've been to so far. Like I think it was the Tuesday after getting back from Houston I went to Matt's to play MB and at most it ended up being James and Myself playing not even an hours worth with Matt or Roski not even playing at all. Even at the last gathering I went to at your place I really only played you like one set before you went ahead and played BBCS and Super (not that I was mad or anything since you pretty much play everything) and it was just Myself, 7thFonon and Kris playing for the most part. Just sort of a bummer that everyone more or less slowed down on MB since EVO, but what can you do? *shrug*  

One more week and this beauty will be mine!!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:55:43 AM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2010, 06:25:12 PM »
Wow, amazing stick.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2010, 06:30:14 PM »
Wow, amazing stick.

I know. Now hopefully no one will break into my car *again* and steal this one as I'm leaving.