When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Northern California: Berkeley, SF, etc.  (Read 213350 times)

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Away
    • View Profile
Re: Northern California: Berkeley, SF, etc.
« Reply #725 on: April 05, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
:blah:

Damn, I wasn't expecting this thorough of a write up when you told me that you would post something  :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

I really do want to pick up the character though and with this I have everything I need to for now (except the free time to grind stuff). Meanwhile you should try and find a main in GG if it isn't going to be Dizzy. We should all enter in GG next time, I know I plan to. I hope you didn't get in too much trouble for Saturday.

Offline JeffM

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 06, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »
i thirst for that GG as well! i'm down to play on weekday nights (even though i should be studying)!

Offline tenkai#

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 06, 2010, 01:47:53 PM »
I can probably show up this Friday. We'll also see if Rod is around during that time.

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 06, 2010, 06:22:55 PM »
Hello subsidiary of Norpor

Offline JeffM

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 07, 2010, 03:16:50 PM »
hmm... brazilian pilaf

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 09, 2010, 02:13:15 PM »
200 posts here in this thread! Because I love our subsect so!
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Away
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 28, 2010, 12:36:23 PM »
Friday 4/30 is the last session I will be hosting. It ends strictly at 2 a.m. It was fun while it lasted but I am moving out soon, and I require the next two weeks to prepare for finals.

Offline AM2

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 26, 2010, 05:25:05 AM »
What's going on in Norcal? I'm done with college until Fall and feel like trying to go to places.   :toot:
Arguing on which FF game is best doesn't make sense to me.  It feels like you might as well be picking out who's the best schoolyard ball player of the kids who didn't get picked for either team.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 26, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »
What's going on in Norcal? I'm done with college until Fall and feel like trying to go to places.   :toot:

At the moment, everything's happening in SJ. Post up/keep up to date on the other Norcal thread.

Offline hobbes

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 18, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »
Hello Melty Bread

I know the main scene is in SJ, but thats just a little too far for me, since I am even further north. Just curious if anyone would be interested in planning an event closer to home.

I am just above SF and I would be really excited to come into the city (Berkeley, etc is also fine) or somewhere nearby to play some matches. If someone who lives nearby or goes to college down there can rent or borrow a room for something that would be awesome! I am not against trying myself, but I live up in the middle of Suburbia, north of Marin county, so it would be better to meet more people closer to civilization. I have computer monitors, PS2, PS3 I can bring to the event also.

Interested in what ever game people want to play, AH3, MBAA being fine candidates. So please anyone with connections and the motivation to help make this work is appreciated! I was told there is a user here named Tone who is in my area too, we might even be able to arrange car pools.

Lets have some fun!

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 18, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
i don't know if tone even checks the boards anymore, but i'll let him know you're looking sessions up there.

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 20, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
Hello Melty Bread

I know the main scene is in SJ, but thats just a little too far for me, since I am even further north. Just curious if anyone would be interested in planning an event closer to home.

I am just above SF and I would be really excited to come into the city (Berkeley, etc is also fine) or somewhere nearby to play some matches. If someone who lives nearby or goes to college down there can rent or borrow a room for something that would be awesome! I am not against trying myself, but I live up in the middle of Suburbia, north of Marin county, so it would be better to meet more people closer to civilization. I have computer monitors, PS2, PS3 I can bring to the event also.

Interested in what ever game people want to play, AH3, MBAA being fine candidates. So please anyone with connections and the motivation to help make this work is appreciated! I was told there is a user here named Tone who is in my area too, we might even be able to arrange car pools.

Lets have some fun!

I'm not sure exactly where you live, but we hold weekly sessions in Fairfield. It's primarily MVC3 oriented, but we pretty much run just about every game under the sun. I've been running AH3 every week, though it'd be really nice to run MBAA too since I haven't been up to speed in a while, and I'm the only person in the area who cares about the game.

SRK thread with location info
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline hobbes

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 20, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
Thanks Tone. I'll be sure to read/post in the SRK thread to see what goes for lodging over there. I am just a meer 1 hour away. Planning on coming by next weekend if I can!

Btw, you are not the only mb player in north bay anymore, but don't worry you are still the best :P

Offline AM2

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 07, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I haven't played MB in AGES. Actually, nothing really, real life and other things of the similar nature are kicking mah ass. But anything can, since I'm Arvoyea... :nyoro: :gonk:
Arguing on which FF game is best doesn't make sense to me.  It feels like you might as well be picking out who's the best schoolyard ball player of the kids who didn't get picked for either team.

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 29, 2011, 05:35:17 AM »
Dunno if I'm bumping a dead thread (I hope it's not a dead community...), but a new arcade opened in San Francisco called "Southtown Arcade". STA's owner told me he'd be up to get MB:AA:CC if there was some interest from the community in the area. I've made a topic in the general discussion and I'd like to see who would be up to support it. If there's enough support, he'll definitely get the machine. I'm really digging for some support so please let me know what you think!

Here's the link to their website: South Town Arcade

And the link to the thread I'm working on is here

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 17, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »
So we're starting some sessions in San Francisco and San Mateo.

Next session will likely be first week of July in San Mateo at Game Center, 47 South B. Street in San Mateo

San Francisco's first session will be July 3rd at Southtown Arcade, 447 Stockton Street, San Francisco. If you'd like to help organize this event and also help out with encouraging people to come, please send me a message here or reach me at Facebook: James Alderson. More information is located in this thread
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 12:46:15 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 10, 2012, 06:53:49 AM »
Necro as fuck, any of area nerds still around?
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 10, 2012, 03:35:49 PM »
hi im gay and cummy and willing to stuff my hand up my ass aka play melty current code
what the fuck is this game

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 10, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
Gross
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:44 AM »
hi im gay and cummy and willing to stuff my hand up my ass aka play melty current code

I am no longer interested in sessioning.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 13, 2012, 03:38:07 PM »
no its okay ill contain the cummy mess when i session

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 22, 2012, 12:24:12 PM »

Offline sharkchowder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 2A 2B 2C 5C ---- what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 20, 2012, 03:25:21 PM »
Hey All -

I'm going to be moving up to the South Bay (Mountain View / Sunnyvale) area from LA at the end of May -

I've been going to FFA down here to play Melty pretty much every week. Just trying to see if I can find a scene up there! What do people do (where do they go) to get matches in?

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 20, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
the competitive scene here has died off, maybe there are some randoms playing casuals in a cave or something.

the closest arcade to south bay would be gamecenter in san mateo and there's also southtown in san francisco. most people have moved on to other games, namely guilty gear and gundam extreme versus.

i am considering having a side tournament for melty at gamecenter next weekend but it depends on interest and numbers.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13973-NORCAL-DOGFIGHT!-featuring-GGAC-and-EXVS-Apr-28
thundering waterfalls

Offline sharkchowder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 2A 2B 2C 5C ---- what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »
Ok, good to know.  It looks like I'd be able to easily commute to Game Center - and I have a friend in SF who could introduce me to Southtown.

I'd totally show up to the tourney - but I won't be up there until the end of May; just scouting around at the moment.

Thanks for the info!