hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Vegas and Evo Thread  (Read 52770 times)

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
Re: Melty Vegas and Evo Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2010, 05:03:21 AM »
Bwahaha, Choco hit the 666.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Escaped a demon....recaught by a vampire....
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2010, 05:57:41 PM »
Hey Nas,

My apologies friend, but it looks like no one will be able to accommodate you when you arrive for EVO. The only thing I can suggest is to keep in touch with Lolisauce who has much better connections than I do.

The other place to check is the EVO thread, it looks like someone has some space available during the tournament. 
LIBERATION!

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2010, 02:01:26 AM »
Hey guys.  I don't know what the word is on the meet-up this week, but I've a feeling I won't be able to make it this time.  After getting home from AZ, that morning when I went to work I did my usual - bought some breakfast at JitB since there wasn't time for much else (and there's never food in my house these days), and lo and behold none of it stayed in me.

I've been sick for 3 days, the only one I actually was at work for some time was Sun - which I stayed until 1pm (when my shift ends at 8).  I also neglected to take advantage of the shift bid that hit the floor recently so my schedule's not changing anytime soon.  I've been meaning to post/call but tonight is the first time I've been awake and not in the bathroom long enough to do so.  Being heavily medicated sucks balls - I miss the days when you could stay home sick and play videogames all day.

Anyway, so I'm taking this weekend off.  Gonna rest some more and hopefully I'll earn enough vacation time to take Evo AND Devastation off, if not then I'll just set it up for Evo and you guys will have to rep Vegas @ Devastation without me.

Weekend of June 20 for Devastation, right?  I'm gonna put in my vacation requests pretty soon.
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Lolisauce: this is why I'm a loli's best friend
Lolisauce: I bring warmth and fuzziness Lolisauce: and occasionally penis

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • I sparkle, like a vampire should.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2010, 10:44:38 PM »
Ok as promised here is info on the next MBAA action:

GO_ Monthlies #1
Game Over_
3310 South Nellis Boulevard #20
Las Vegas, NV 89122
May 29th, 2010
Starting at 2pm (tentative), Doors open at 10am
Entry fee $5 each game + $2 for house (you only gotta drop the $2 once if you enter multiple games)
Payouts for each game is 70/20/10

SSF4 Singles
PS3
2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches (finals are 3/5 matches)
99 second time limit
Double elimination
Loser can switch character, Winner can switch ultra

BBCS Doubles
Arcade Version (Event mode)
2v2 format, Pokemon style(A1 vs B1, A2 vs B2, Winner 1 vs Winner 2), 2/3 rounds, Draws are replayed
99 second time limit
Double Elimination
Team members must consist of different characters (EX: no 2 Ragnas on one team)

MBAA Singles
PS2
99 second time limit
Loser can switch character, Winner can switch moon
Archtype Earth is banned
Double Elimination

I can bring along my two PS2s and my copy of the game along with my memory card.  If someone has one other copy of the game we should be set.  Also please BYOS/BYOP since my sticks and pads are limited.  If you got any questions feel free to drop me a line.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:40:11 AM by Macc »
"WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS"
William S. Sessions, Director, FBI

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2010, 12:01:10 AM »
You know I'm always good for a setup.

Also I don't think I remembered last time, but MBAA tourneys usually have a "loser can switch character, winner can switch moon style" rule.  However, because of Evo rules being set with only loser can change anything, you can set it that way too.  Both rulings are acceptable (and really, most of us aren't playing multiple moon styles of the same character anyway, so it won't be an issue if it's set to Evo rules).
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2010, 06:33:21 AM »
You know I'm always good for a setup.

Also I don't think I remembered last time, but MBAA tourneys usually have a "loser can switch character, winner can switch moon style" rule.  However, because of Evo rules being set with only loser can change anything, you can set it that way too.  Both rulings are acceptable (and really, most of us aren't playing multiple moon styles of the same character anyway, so it won't be an issue if it's set to Evo rules).

My bad.  I always figured the "loser can switch character, winner can switch moon style" was kinda an unspoken rule in these deals like how it was in 3s or now with SSF4.  Usually these are Evo rules (or always have been in the past for 3s so not sure why they changed this for MBAA), but I will be going with the "loser can switch character, winner can switch moon style".  I'll update my post above to reflect that.  Other than that I was going to say that if you wanna post this in the official tournament thread go for it, but I would recommend you do so under yours or Prinny's screen names since you guys have more sway in the MB community.  As an FYI myself or someone else will be trying to do these GO monthlies every month so I will keep you guys posted.  I will be switching the games around each month so it may not always be MBAA, but as long as you guys wanna play it I will keep trying to work it into the rotation.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2010, 03:04:46 AM »
My bad.  I always figured the "loser can switch character, winner can switch moon style" was kinda an unspoken rule in these deals like how it was in 3s or now with SSF4.  Usually these are Evo rules (or always have been in the past for 3s so not sure why they changed this for MBAA), but I will be going with the "loser can switch character, winner can switch moon style".  I'll update my post above to reflect that.  Other than that I was going to say that if you wanna post this in the official tournament thread go for it, but I would recommend you do so under yours or Prinny's screen names since you guys have more sway in the MB community.  As an FYI myself or someone else will be trying to do these GO monthlies every month so I will keep you guys posted.  I will be switching the games around each month so it may not always be MBAA, but as long as you guys wanna play it I will keep trying to work it into the rotation.
I noticed some guys on SRK talking negatively about including Melty because of the small showing.  Right now, it's pretty much still guaranteed that it'll be small unless people drive in from out of state (not incredibly likely), so I hope it doesn't cause any problems.

Anyway, Bell's looking to host something the weekend after Devastation, for the people who aren't really planning to go to it (with the lack of accommodation for Melty by the host).  So I wanted to see what you all thought about making that in addition to Devastation.  It'd be two weeks in a row of road tripping though, so I don't blame if it's a no-go.  Get back to me on it though.  Here's the thread for more details.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Oni

• NEET
  • Apprentice
  • Umm... rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
Well crap. Didn't get an e-mail from this thread and it looks like that W-Len video was taken out or something. I dunno.

Anyway, lol @ GO monthlies being on my birthday. Maybe it's a sign? |3 Anyway, been stepping up my game even more so we'll see how things turn out if I can manage to get there that day. Not sure if anyone here would mind me doing so since it'd be my birthday and all.
Fffffffffffffffffff- lol range. :B

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2010, 02:23:50 AM »
Well crap. Didn't get an e-mail from this thread and it looks like that W-Len video was taken out or something. I dunno.

Anyway, lol @ GO monthlies being on my birthday. Maybe it's a sign? |3 Anyway, been stepping up my game even more so we'll see how things turn out if I can manage to get there that day. Not sure if anyone here would mind me doing so since it'd be my birthday and all.
It'd be cool if you could make it to Bell's tourney in late June too.
---

Offline Oni

• NEET
  • Apprentice
  • Umm... rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2010, 02:39:30 AM »

It'd be cool if you could make it to Bell's tourney in late June too.

Well I can try and see what I can do, but I'll need to know a few things first. First one being if I should be bringing money, since you know, I don't really have much that I can honestly say is my own and I'd have to... oy... ask for some.
Second would be checking to see if my mom could handle things by herself here for the few days I'll be gone, or if someone else could take care of her in my stead for the weekend.
The other stuff would just be finding out what to bring and such if I actually get the okay to be heading out with you guys.

EDIT:
Also, god dammit, don't think I didn't notice that custom title added on.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:14:23 AM by Oni »
Fffffffffffffffffff- lol range. :B

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
I noticed some guys on SRK talking negatively about including Melty because of the small showing.  Right now, it's pretty much still guaranteed that it'll be small unless people drive in from out of state (not incredibly likely), so I hope it doesn't cause any problems.

LOL, well thats more like one person, Rojo aka Larry aka Zamba aka Pro Hater.  Anytime you post anything he will try to hate on it.  Especially when ever myself or any posts about a tourney.  He wouldn't really be satisfied unless the tournament layout was Tekken Tag, T5DR, & T6.  Even tho you guys don't have a huge crew, I can count on at least 90% of you guys showing up for a tourney which is not something I can say for the other crews.  So this is why I don't mind running MBAA.  Like myself I just recommend you do not take his comments seriously and think of them as the comical rantings or your steroetypical forum troll.

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »
@Oni

Don't worry dood! I got the video saved on my comp. The next time we meet, I'll have it as a file for you.  :prinny:

@Loli

:o Hot DAMN I'll be busy. First Devastation and THEN the WC alliance pre-evo meeting? I might be worn out from Devastation but more practice to prepare against EC and the rest of the world would only be beneficial. I mean, we were all tired when we got to AZ, and we did alright. This time I'll be SURE to take lots of footage for just in case.

Loli, I would like to request that either next weekend (tourney weekend) or perhaps this weekend we can talk about meeting up with the rest of the WC.

@Paine

Since you're part of MELTY VEGAS let us know what would be most convenient for you in regards to discussing this recent turn of events.

If The Tsukihime Anime is HF Blade, I read his post about us wanting to show up to Bell's gathering....he's a cool dood...
LIBERATION!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »
Bell is "The Tsukihime Anime".  lol

And yeah, we can get together this weekend.  I don't have anything planned for it atm.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2010, 09:21:56 AM »
 :teach: :teach: :teach: Friendly reminder GO_ Monthly #1 this Saturday @ GO_ starting at 2pm.  Figure we will start MBAA at 2pm and then get BBCS & SSF4 going around 3pm (remember this is Vegas so there is a good chance it can get held up due to waiting for people).  GO_ opens at 10 am, but I should be there around noon to start setting up and get some practice in.  Paine said he would bring my extra PS2 along with some extra pads.  I don't think we will need a third PS2, but if you would bring your component cables and an extra copy of the game Loli that would be super awesome.  If anyone needs a ride or any more info give me a holler.  See you guys there!  :teach: :teach: :teach:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:28:20 AM by Macc »

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2010, 10:26:05 PM »
Thanks to all who stopped down. Apologies again to the BB crew. Both our setups some how managed to get fucked up once we set them up at GO. Still no idea why. Here are the results (forgive me if I got your character wrong):

MBAA
1: Prinny (Arc)
2: Boomer Kwanger (Miyako)
3: Level 0 (Kouma)
4: Jason (Miyako)
5: Oni (W Len)
5: Paine (Ryogi)
7: Macc (Roa)
7: Vector (W Len)

SSF4
1: Todd (Juri, Boxer, Ibiki)
2: Trophy Club (Dudley, Dhalsim)
3: Iche (Ryu)
4: Bryan (Boxer)
5: Kosi (Chun)
5: Felix (Hakan)
7: Macc (T Hawk)
7: Etc (Dee Jay)
9: Vector (Dictator)
9: Jose (Sagat)
9: Bruce (Juri)
9: Blood Feast Iron Man (Ibiki, Cammy)
13: Bernie (Boxer)

Like that red spot in your girlfriend's panties, look out next month on 6/26/10 for GO_Monthly #2. Next month will be SSF4, T6, & MBAA. I will post up more info in the next week.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2010, 01:34:54 AM »
Crossposted in tourney results.  Post up any ggs or shoutouts or whatever there.

It was good fun as always though.  Next month let's hope that we can pull a 16 man bracket for melty!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:37:52 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »
GO_ Monthlies #2
June 26th, 2010
Starting at 2pm (tentative)
Entry fee $5 each game + $2 for house (you only gotta drop the $2 once if you enter multiple games)

SSF4 2v2 Teams
PS3
2v2 format, Waseda/SBO style (A1 vs B1, A2 vs B2, Winner 1 vs Winner 2), 2/3 rounds, Draws are replayed
99 second time limit
Double elimination
Team members must consist of different characters (Ex: No two Ryus)

Tekken 6 Singles
PS3
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches (finals are 3/5 matches)
60 second time limit
Double Elimination
No custom characters

MBAA Singles
PS2
99 second time limit
Winner must keep same character & moon phase
Archtype Earth is banned
Double Elimination

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.  Also hit me up at some point Loli in regard setting up some pre-Evo action.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:56:36 AM by Macc »

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »
@Macc:

I also played F Akiha for the tourney.

There will be a gathering at Emperor Paine's place for MBAA this saturday, the 5th of June. For now, unless stated otherwise, the gathering shall take place at around 2:00 to 3:00 PM. 

For any questions regarding directions, please reply to this message or contact Lolisauce or Paine.
LIBERATION!

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2010, 07:02:05 AM »
@Macc:

I also played F Akiha for the tourney.

My bad.  Did not even see you playing as her. 

As for Paine's I'm gonna try to make it out.  I got some other LAN party shindig I promised to go to around 7pm, but if you guys are starting around 2-3ish I should be able to stop over.  Need to brush up before Devestation.

Offline Vagabond

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Sweetdiculous!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2010, 02:29:52 AM »
Dammit, couldn't make it cause I woke up hella late then just kinda got distracted. :psyduck:

Next time...next time....

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2010, 12:07:13 PM »
 :emo: :emo: :emo: REMINDER :emo: :emo: :emo:

GO_ Monthlies #2
Date: June 26th, 2010
Time: Starting at 2pm (tentative)
Location: Game Over_ 3310 S Nellis Blvd (corner of Nellis & Desert Inn)

SSF4 2v2 Teams
PS3
2v2 format, Waseda/SBO style (A1 vs B1, A2 vs B2, Winner 1 vs Winner 2), 2/3 rounds, Draws are replayed
99 second time limit
Double elimination
Team members must consist of different characters (Ex: No two Ryus)

Tekken 6 Singles
PS3
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches (finals are 3/5 matches)
60 second time limit
Double Elimination
No custom characters

MBAA Singles
PS2
99 second time limit
Winner must keep same character & moon phase
Archtype Earth is banned
Double Elimination

As always hit me up if you got any questions.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:25:56 AM by Macc »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »
We gonna use just one setup for melty again?  It seemed to work fine last time.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2010, 07:29:26 AM »
^^ Most likely.  It worked last time and gave everyone a chance to watch all the matches.  I may be bringing down a CRT television for 3s as well so if this is the case I will be setting up MBAA on this as well since CRT will most likely be the display they use at Evo.  This also means that 3s may be added to the list of games this Saturday as well for anyone interested (although this is still up in the air).

Remember everyone this is the last one before Evo so be there and get your practice on.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »
Lemme know brackets and I'll post up in a results thread.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2010, 06:21:41 AM »
Lemme know brackets and I'll post up in a results thread.

Sorry, was busy all yesterday, but will have the brackets posted up tonight.