hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Possible MB:AA:CC location? Southtown Arcade/GameCenter Arcade in SF and SM  (Read 66326 times)

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Possible MB:AA:CC location? Southtown Arcade in SF
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2011, 06:35:06 AM »
Had to run, but this weekend, Melty Blood will be free at Southtown upon the arcade's request and all the games there will be a quarter!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2011, 07:27:01 AM »
do you know if they are going to be showing the evo stream? sunday is evo grand finals after all. i was thinking of going to play gundam/ae if i finished homework early and they were gonna show grand finals for sf4
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »
I'm fairly certain they're going to be putting everything up on the big TV; that's why they are lowering all the machines. They want to have as many people as they can to come through and watch. Anyway, same deal as last time, if anyone can bring a setup if they're coming down, that'd be awesome. We're having issues with our usual setup and my PS2 is an oldie.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:32:48 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2011, 11:19:20 PM »
Heya, just a note: Due to a lack of a setup, we're not going to be able to hold a Southtown Session this weekend. I'm really sorry, but last minute complications with the PS2 we use makes it unreliable and incapable of handling a session.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »
at this rate i'm not really planning on going. also ivan and tone are at evo. so a session at southtown would probably just be you and mir anyways.

also sorry, i'm not really interested in playing melty unless you guys actually want to get serious and practice because it's honestly just a waste of my time. i am willing to answer any questions you have about the game though.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »
I can understand how you feel and although I really like you making the effort to come out and play, I don't mind if you sit out. I can't ask you to come and be bored. I can't ask you to babysit new players as that's what I'm shooting for, new players. The whole point of these sessions is to network with what existing community there is in the game AND get new people interested in playing the game.

I know my gameplay is poor, but I do want to continue pushing the game and gaining traction with Southtown or GameCenter. I can promise I'll work on it, but I'm not going to lose sleep if you don't feel like coming.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2011, 11:35:51 PM »
it's cool. as long as you guys want to make an honest and genuine effort to get better, i will try to support. i actually was thinking of starting a blog about fighting games. it would mostly be for my recording my own progress and analysis but i was thinking of starting a series of posts to dissolve some common misconceptions people have about learning fighters and maybe write some posts covering melty fundamentals.

i haven't gone public with the link yet because i havent decided if i really want to use a blogspot but let me know if you'd be interested in reading something like this: http://astral-vision.blogspot.com/
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »
Oh? Well, that sounds very productive and I wouldn't mind reading some of your work.

EDIT: Read your article and I really see a lot of things I've missed in training against human opponents. I often fall into the same sort of training "traps" with ambiguous goals. If you continue, please let me know and I'd be happy to continue reading.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:59:20 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2011, 11:56:41 PM »
at the moment i feel like you guys should be more focused on learning the game instead of pushing for a cab and new players. if you can impress people and they like what they see, you'd be generating some real hype there and then you'd have an easier time getting new players.

the posts about melty and common misconceptions will be geared towards people like you guys who are relatively new to melty and/or fighting games in general. the aim of those posts will be to inspire people to get stronger and to help people who are struggling to get better.
thundering waterfalls

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Needs more good people there. I think me sporting 40+ win streak is a bit intimidating for people to want to try =(

reiki work on these:
-air counterhit followups
-hit confirms off random ground hits (and finishing standard bnb)
-shield bunkers/counters to get out of pressure

You're getting better at blocking, now if you learn where the gaps in the strings are and actually stop trying to dp it'll help you out a lot.

---

And I really hope dakanya isn't telling me to learn to play, cause that would be rather condescending =)
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2011, 11:55:39 PM »
I might show up next Sunday. Would've shown up yesterday if it wasn't cancelled =/. What's the usual headcount anyway?

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »
We average 5 or 6. We had 4 today, but some of the usual people weren't around today. Said people were at EVO or came after Mir and I called it quits. We actually got it going though which I was happy about. I was worried we'd have to cancel.

Also, I'd rather not have an ego fest go on. The negativity and disrespect is unnecessary; we could ignore it or just make sure it doesn't happen in the first place. Can we please agree to not do that here or just feed it? Thank you very much.

All and all, it was a good day and I hope to see you guys more often! The next session for Melty Blood at GameCenter and Southtown are the 11th and the 14th respectively. On the 14th, it is assumed I will be coming a bit later than usual because I have work Tuesdays and Thursdays.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:32:26 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2011, 12:32:45 AM »
It'll be like DVC days thomas. yahtzee matches of 6k from random hits each direction

Unless the tone guy is there, then it's 7k cause that bish hurts like hell =D
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »
dakanya only being "mean" to make people want to beat him... If you can't stand basic shit talk I guess you shouldn't be playing fighters... If I ever go to a session I can record matches so you guys can rewatch footage and learn what you can do in what situation I suppose.

I haven't seen anyone new play, but most part jsut watch videos, go in training mode, practice hitconfirms and stuff... there's also other things you'll probably need to learn but that comes over time (zoning/footsies etc)

Also I don't know if I'll really be much of a challenge, I just play st these days and even then not even that much, I kind of just wanna play mk9
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:30:37 AM by Orange Caramel ☆ »
what the fuck is this game

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Dakanya and mir, you both need to chill out.

As for the discussion about getting a cabinet: you're thinking about it too hard. It's purely a business decision. If it would bring in more money than the status quo (and this includes people paying to have the sessions there on the PS2 version!), then it would happen. Otherwise, it won't. (This is assuming that everyone involved is acting and behaving logically).
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »
im the tone guy

see you guys next sesh

i need to unearth my ps2

da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2011, 09:32:24 PM »
Rare footage of dippy actually doing something *dodges brick*
what the fuck is this game

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2011, 10:20:52 PM »
Dakanya and mir, you both need to chill out.

As for the discussion about getting a cabinet: you're thinking about it too hard. It's purely a business decision. If it would bring in more money than the status quo (and this includes people paying to have the sessions there on the PS2 version!), then it would happen. Otherwise, it won't. (This is assuming that everyone involved is acting and behaving logically).

That's what they're saying. Bring in more people, they'll buy the cab. That's what the sessions aim to do. Bring in more people and pay to use the space/"encourage" them that we're paying customers.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2011, 12:46:20 AM »
So, is something happening there this Sunday, or is the next Sunday session on the 14th?

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2011, 09:36:09 AM »
14th. Southtown Arcade has ranking battles this weekend so we can't do melty blood sessions.

Offline breadbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2011, 05:22:29 PM »
I might show up on the 14th.  I was going to show up last Sunday but something came up with friends, sorry :(
All stoic girls are so cool.  All except those who can see magical lines and cracks because they're high.

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »
What is this crap? Who is this guy.

...I can show up on the 14th.
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline hobbes

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2011, 10:00:59 AM »
I'll plan on attending on the 14th. dakanya invited me :D

Thank you so much for putting this together! A cabinet in norcal? I can hardly contain my excitement!!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
nci is scheduled to be at gamecenter, san mateo, sept 3rd. be there or be square i guess. also if anyone is willing to accommodate, our boy hobbes is from sonoma and will need a place to crash for the night after nci.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »
NCI at GameCenter? On a saturday? I'm there! It's the first saturday of the month so hopefully Versus isn't that day.

I'll be editing the front page to add in the next sessions. The latest one for GameCenter is on Thursday, remember we have two! If you can make it earlier on in the week, please stop by! Thursday, 6 PM to 10 PM (or later if we have a lot of people). The first person to stop-in with a setup will get their contribution paid for by me. A setup includes a copy of the game, a PS2 (modded or just capable of playing the game), and component cables (optional since Myung has a CRT we can use).

Come if you can, we'd be glad to have you come in! Looking forward to Thursday and Sunday!