When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: South Florida (Miami, Broward, WPB): Represent!  (Read 7512 times)

Offline Midas

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
South Florida (Miami, Broward, WPB): Represent!
« on: June 08, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
So I know there isn't much of a Melty Blood scene in South Florida right now, but me and Lord Rabies are gonna be changing all that real soon.  MB is too good a game to just die out before its even had a chance to start.  So if you live in South Florida you had best getting in on this action. 

I'm thinking about doing a special deal on my custom joysticks for anyone who can help get anything going.  So post up!
Custom Joystick Maker:  Ask about one today!

Offline LordRabies

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Re: South Florida (Miami, Broward, WPB): Represent!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 05:35:07 AM »
Huzzah  ;D I'm not alone anymore. As Midas said, we're currently in the South Florida area, around Miramar/Pines to be more specific. Come this fall, we may get a competitive gaming club going at FIU South Campus.

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
Hey their guys, im currently helping a get together here in south florida for local tournament call spirit GC rebellion. Its main event will be Mvc3 and SSF4, but where interested in hosting some causal of other games. We do have an available ps2 port of MBAA and if its in demand will bring that set up, It'll be great if you guys visit and have a few games with us.

5917 South University Drive, Davie, FL 33328
(On the NW corner of Stirling and University in the Home Depot Plaza)
#954-434-4822

The tournament will sport Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter 4 for Xbox 360.

Entry is $10 For Each Game.
Prize for each Tournament:
1st: 70% of the pot
2nd: 20% of the Pot
3rd: 10% of the pot
Sponsor will add an additional $50 to each tournament pot. (Not to confuse but we mean the pot total amount after entry registration has ended, not prize)

Tournament  Schedule:
Registration starts at 11:00 am
SSF4 Tournament will start at 2:00 pm
MvC3 Tournament will start at 4:00 pm

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:40 AM »
So I know there isn't much of a Melty Blood scene in South Florida right now, but me and Lord Rabies are gonna be changing all that real soon.  MB is too good a game to just die out before its even had a chance to start.  So if you live in South Florida you had best getting in on this action. 

I'm thinking about doing a special deal on my custom joysticks for anyone who can help get anything going.  So post up!

Hey are y'all coming to Final Round this year? Also, I checked how far South FL is away from me & it's about a ten hour drive which is extremely far, maybe we can link up because I'm trying to get with players in my state & in neighboring states because I as well feel that Melty is too good of a game to just sit & rot if it's not being played in NY/NJ/CA/MD/VA.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 09:58:41 AM »
Hopefully traffic picks up with the new developments

Offline sillender

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »
Hey, I've gotten a few people from the Miami Street Fighter scene into playing MBAACC. If there's any others here that have been playing, that'd be pretty awesome!

Offline Ceehill

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
Yo, I'm in SFL, but more towards West Palm. Certainly wouldn't mind driving for some Melty though.

Great to finally see some people playing it down here. You guys ever go to Zero Ping?

Offline rokkaku.rebellion

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 07:47:30 AM »
Here is an event happening in Miami for Actress Again (not Current Code): https://www.facebook.com/events/511241762236210/

Offline G1itch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »
So it looks like no one posts in here but I'll give it a try...

I play at arcade odyssey. They have a cab with the latest version of melty blood. I and about 4 others play there pretty regularly. I know this is south Florida, So what I'm about to ask for can be quite difficult. I'd like for anybody who's willing to come down and play me and or the others. Usually Friday and Saturday nights are when we play or least when I play. We have also tried running tournaments for this game but I'm sure you all know that there are not many of us. I'd be willing to take money matches for anyone that would like to drive down. Post up and let me know.

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Re: Re: South Florida (Miami, Broward, WPB): Represent!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:33 AM »

I play at arcade odyssey. They have a cab with the latest version of melty blood. I and about 4 others play there pretty regularly. I know this is south Florida, So what I'm about to ask for can be quite difficult. I'd like for anybody who's willing to come down and play me and or the others. Usually Friday and Saturday nights are when we play or least when I play. We have also tried running tournaments for this game but I'm sure you all know that there are not many of us. I'd be willing to take money matches for anyone that would like to drive down. Post up and let me know.
i would love to visit ao.but it'll be difficult visiting miami when my free time is at night

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Offline G1itch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
Well, I finally got the game at home. So I will be online from time to time. Not sure if I can do it but I would like to organize a night of playing at my place or maybe someone else's. AO is also throwing a tournament soon.

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 12:15:45 PM »
Congrats. We should try netplay since were local. I reside fort lauderdale

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ScrawtVermillion

• Apprentice
  • 2b or not 2b,that is the question
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

Recently I was at Final Round arcade and someone else mentioned arcade odyssey, is there any address you can give me? I'll try to go if there are people playing melty there.
On the lab I confirm J.[C] combos like a boss, but when I play casuals I start playing AC Sion QQ

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
It's SW 117th and SW120th in Miami. There's a gas station near by. Should probably get in contact with some locals. Try Facebook?
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline ScrawtVermillion

• Apprentice
  • 2b or not 2b,that is the question
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »
It's SW 117th and SW120th in Miami. There's a gas station near by. Should probably get in contact with some locals. Try Facebook?

Thanks sir, been busy for a while but I'll try to get there around Saturday to see if someone is still alive over there lol
On the lab I confirm J.[C] combos like a boss, but when I play casuals I start playing AC Sion QQ