When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: SoCal Non-AI People  (Read 131391 times)

Offline Tragic

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Apparently, a.f.k.
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal Non-AI People
« Reply #375 on: November 06, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
ALL UP IN THAT LE. FFFFFFFFFFFFF
I know a guy that is pretty hype for AH3 (even though he hasn't really played the others)  Hopefully he doesn't quit on me.  orz

Also, B>Melty scene

I'll marathon some hardcore AH3 with you guys.

Offline Merrubi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 06, 2010, 01:02:21 PM »
Just like how you were driving down to learn mb.  RIGHT?!

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »
Hey guys.  I finally decided to import MBAA and I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to play once I get the game.  Any regular sessions going on?    

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 07, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »
Where are you located?
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 07, 2010, 06:56:07 PM »
Riverside.  Pretty much at UCR. 

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 07, 2010, 11:15:43 PM »
N>fewer college kids
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 08, 2010, 07:03:25 PM »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 09, 2010, 04:20:54 AM »
N> = Need >

But yeah, everyone is really far away from Bell/KonataIzumi

I should be around during thanksgiving/winter break because thats when i go back to Tustin. I should be able to drive over once I get used to driving again
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 09, 2010, 08:15:50 AM »
How far?  Bell is about 30-40 minutes away from me.  It sucks how everyone is spread out so much.

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 09, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Ehrik what days specifically are you coming? From thanksgiving till New years? If so you will prob be able to make it to some tourneys that will be coming up, I need more mb players just to keep a casual spot open for the game lol.
Soko Darou

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 09, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
I'll be back in November from 20th Saturday to 27th

For winter break I'm back from like 18th of December or so till 8th of January

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2010, 02:07:31 AM »
How far?  Bell is about 30-40 minutes away from me.  It sucks how everyone is spread out so much.

30-40 minutes isn't a far drive really. i'm actually in riverside and i'd make more of an effort to play melty if my schedule wasn't so restricted. that and i haven't played since august or whatever. besides, if you're trying to learn anything technical about the game, bell would be the guy to talk to in this region anyway.

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 13, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »

30-40 minutes isn't a far drive really. i'm actually in riverside and i'd make more of an effort to play melty if my schedule wasn't so restricted. that and i haven't played since august or whatever. besides, if you're trying to learn anything technical about the game, bell would be the guy to talk to in this region anyway.

I'm willing to drive for that long to get matches.  It's not too bad at all.  Sweet someone else from Rside :).  If your ever free on the weekends and want to play tell me xD. 

Offline .ShotS

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 13, 2010, 01:54:28 PM »
Why did I never post in this thread...

So is anyone going to be playing today? I am very new to MBAA...Like...Really new, and would like to try and get some games in. I'm in Lake Forest.

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 13, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »
Why did I never post in this thread...

So is anyone going to be playing today? I am very new to MBAA...Like...Really new, and would like to try and get some games in. I'm in Lake Forest.

Fatacon and I will probably playing with some people today, but since there was almost no planning involved for a session I'm not sure how things will go down.  Also we're all down in Riverside so it's about a 40-50 min drive from Lake Forest I believe.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »
no planning, sorry guys i would've gone
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2010, 04:04:37 PM »

Well it didn't work out.  The house we usually hold sessions at was unavailable since my friend went to a smash tourney today :(.  That's what happens when you don't plan ahead lol. 

Offline Reyes Mahou

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »
I am located in Irvine which is pretty close to Lake Forest. I am able to host sessions since I have a full setup along with 2 extra CRT TVs. It's usually Devin, Alex and I playing at my place. I have a friend in Corona that comes occasionally.

Also that smash tournament is near my place since I was the one that opened the venue for one of my friends. Maybe we can use that to hold larger sessions.
Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 13, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »
I am located in Irvine which is pretty close to Lake Forest. I am able to host sessions since I have a full setup along with 2 extra CRT TVs. It's usually Devin, Alex and I playing at my place. I have a friend in Corona that comes occasionally.

Also that smash tournament is near my place since I was the one that opened the venue for one of my friends. Maybe we can use that to hold larger sessions.

Nice.  Keep us updated on those sessions.  That would be sick if we could get enough people at a session that would require a venue of that size xD. 

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 14, 2010, 01:05:03 AM »

sorry bell, was my idea at last minute. i brought up the idea since pyro wanted to try out the game because his import hadn't arrived yet. all in all, even just being the 3 of us, i think it turned out well. it seems like they both have a decent background with fighters so they caught on fairly quickly. i'm a really bad teacher, but i think they got the gist of it. like i told pyro though, i'm not available very often and wont be again until mid-december.

socal should have some kinda big session sometime. they seem pretty excited about learning, and it doesn't seem like melty guys get together all too often down here. honestly, it felt good to play the game again after a 3 month hiatus. it's pretty refreshing since my roommate only plays SSF4. wish i had a stick though. i should build a new one. 5 hours of play killed my left thumb. i don't know how YAT does it. GDLK thumbs yo.

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 14, 2010, 01:17:29 AM »
I kind of want to go play if someone has a location. If there is no location I might be able to host in a few weeks for some casuals.
Soko Darou

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 14, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »

sorry bell, was my idea at last minute. i brought up the idea since pyro wanted to try out the game because his import hadn't arrived yet. all in all, even just being the 3 of us, i think it turned out well. it seems like they both have a decent background with fighters so they caught on fairly quickly. i'm a really bad teacher, but i think they got the gist of it. like i told pyro though, i'm not available very often and wont be again until mid-december.

socal should have some kinda big session sometime. they seem pretty excited about learning, and it doesn't seem like melty guys get together all too often down here. honestly, it felt good to play the game again after a 3 month hiatus. it's pretty refreshing since my roommate only plays SSF4. wish i had a stick though. i should build a new one. 5 hours of play killed my left thumb. i don't know how YAT does it. GDLK thumbs yo.

Thanks for teaching us more about the game and being patient with us. I learned a lot more and was having a blast even with all those beatdowns you were giving me xD.  Looking forward to the next time we play.      

I kind of want to go play if someone has a location. If there is no location I might be able to host in a few weeks for some casuals.

We have a location here but since it's not my house I don't know how often it's available for sessions.  I'm down to go if you host.  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:15:21 AM by PyroRyuken »

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 14, 2010, 09:38:46 AM »
i can always host, dunno if you guys wanna drive down here though!
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Merrubi

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 14, 2010, 03:02:21 PM »
No one plays here.  It is all a lie.

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster