When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-tridberg General Thread  (Read 10469 times)

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
H-tridberg General Thread
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Not that I know anything about any form of Ries, but a certain someone who shall go unnamed insisted.

Link to wiki page:
http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Melty_Blood/Riesbyfe_Stridberg/Half_Moon

Edit: Moved all that shit to wiki page.

Go edit it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:40:58 PM by Steins;Date »

Offline wauhti

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • What are you glaring at?
    • View Profile
Re: H-Ries General Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4dTpMqGD0

j.5C Charged, 2A, 5B, 2B. 5C. 214B, bj.5C, j.6C, 6B Charged, 2C, 5C, 63214B, 41236C/63214A

My current corner bnb.

In this world, Never knows best

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »

j.5C Charged, 2A, 5B, 2B. 5C. 214B, bj.5C, j.6C, 6B Charged, 2C, 5C, 63214B, 41236C/63214A

My current corner bnb.

Does that work on everyone?  I just tried it on vsion and the be6b whiffed.

Offline wauhti

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • What are you glaring at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »
forgot to say that some characters need that 2c after 5c. For V sion, it's 5b, 2b, 5c, 2c -> rest of combo. Usually small chars need that 2c than Nero doesn't need since it's super easy to land be6b
In this world, Never knows best

Offline Aokiji

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 12:46:49 AM »
Does all of this still work in ver 1.2? Also, with the Seal Loop I'm not able to connect the 63214B after the 5C. From what I can see it looks like they're too high up after the 5C for the 63214B to connect?

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
Hit the 5A lower or after you've built more gravity.  1.2 doesn't change anything gameplay-wise.

Offline Aokiji

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 03:01:35 AM »
Thanks for the info, but sorry what do you mean by building gravity? I haven't read anything regarding building gravity in any of the guides on the site and can't find any on google.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
H-Ries General Thread
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »
The more times you hit someone in a combo, the faster the enemy falls. It's supposed to be infinite protection, but you need to use it sometimes to make combos easier or possible. So spam 2A a few times or something.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Aokiji

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »
Thanks for that. In the wiki guide it literally says do "whatever" before the 63214B and then start the loop. Shouldn't that be changed? It was definitely misleading to me and will be to newer players.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
It's probably possible if you time it very well.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »
It's not even that hard without gravity.  It's just that after a few reps you can literally just mash without even looking at the screen and the timing will still work.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 10:49:45 AM »
Alright guys, let's switch gears and the focus away from the loop for a little bit. The loop is really easy and nothing that can't be resolved with a little time in training mode.

Let's go over H-Ries's changes from PS2:

- Faster walking speed.
- 63214B puts them in juggle state, which makes the corner loop possible. This is an obvious one since it's all that has been discussed in here up until this point.
- New BE 63214B. This move now sounds out a small projectile that travels a short distance and allows you to absorb several hits.
- 214C overhead no longer knocks down but it is super cancellable on hit. Similar to F's.

There might be more, such as damage differences and what have you but these are the obvious ones.

My thoughts so far:

Alright, so faster walking speed may not seem like much, but it can really make the difference when trying to position yourself against certain attacks or when you're simply trying to inch your way closer to the opponent.

BE 63214B seems like a very good tool against cornered opponents because if you space yourself properly, you have enough time to get the move out without them hitting you out of the startup. If they have a normal that can reach that far, you can usually absorb the hit and the following projectile will either hit them or force them to block, allowing you to get back in to either combo or continue pressure.

214C overhead not knocking down feels like a mixed bag to me. Before, it gave you a forced down and then you could run the fuzzy guard/safe jump option without using meter. You now have to burn 100% meter to do that, but you do get more damage than just the overhead hitting by itself from PS2.

Corner loop (obviously): While the loop itself doesn't do that much damage, it does allow you to build tons of meter. Usually you may not even need to do that many reps and you can just go for the forced down most of the time. Does this make her corner wallslam combos obsolete? Not necessarily imo. Her corner combos still deal assloads of damage even by 1.07 standards and they build a fair bit of meter on their own but without the forced knockdown. When you land a hit in the corner, you now have your typical better damage vs better oki decision to make. And as usual, depending on the situation, it's up to you and there's a lot of different scenarios where you may want to pick one over the other.

The lack of armor is what I feel hurts Ries most considering that her normals, while they have good reach, are pretty slow to come out. What this means, is that your chances of getting CH out of the air by other characters' j.A are very high now and can be very aggravating at the same time. Thankfully, H-Ries is still blessed with having a guard point on her 236[A] as it allows her to approach the opponent while absorbing a hit. It is this move that I feel can make certain matchups a lot more manageable.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:58:01 AM by Steins;Date »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 08:34:30 AM »
I think it's not so much that her startups are slow but that the hitboxes suck.  If you look at any of her B moves in framedisplay the startup periods are pretty much just walls of green.  That means that you're running the risk of getting CH'd whenever you press a button even if otherwise they have nothing that would even reach you.  Her j.6C is better for air spacing but you can't really follow it up.

Also Ries does stupid damage with or without loops.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Re: H-tridberg General Thread
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »
Ah, even Justice can learn.
Yeah, the start up of a lot of her moves are ugly, but luckily you have a decent amount of duration on a lot of moves. Of of the things to remember with Ries is to get your moves out early. You want to position your self so that your opponent ends up running into  things like JB and counter hitting themselves. You can also use things like 2B when spacing on the ground instead of 5B, since 5B get's popped buy a lot of faster moves.
They can't get enough of me

Offline Mengjun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »
With enough execution (i.e. I needed AutoMacro for this), one can end a corner combo with a forced knockdown for more damage than the standard double wall bounce one. It's basically a variant of the wall bounce oki BnB's that are on the wiki already, but one which is quite a bit harder >_<

... 214B (delay j7).BE5C j.6C (step back) BE6B (delay) 2C 5C [63214B 5A 5C]xN 63214A

(confirmed it against Archetype: Earth and V.Akiha, btw, haven't looked at other characters yet)

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »
With enough execution (i.e. I needed AutoMacro for this), one can end a corner combo with a forced knockdown for more damage than the standard double wall bounce one. It's basically a variant of the wall bounce oki BnB's that are on the wiki already, but one which is quite a bit harder >_<

... 214B (delay j7).BE5C j.6C (step back) BE6B (delay) 2C 5C [63214B 5A 5C]xN 63214A

(confirmed it against Archetype: Earth and V.Akiha, btw, haven't looked at other characters yet)

...214B IABD j.6C BE6B 5C 63214B also confirms into the same situation and works on everyone. Your variant looks like it does more damage though
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »

My current corner bnb.
I found that being used in v.akiha... things got serious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZ5hhlPoY0
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »
I was looking at some of the vids above showing B Seal Combos, and was wondering how hard they'd be in training mode. But while I was there, I had too much fun just doing combos. So I made a video about it.
I don't play this char, and prolly a lot of these combos could be more optimized for damage or meter gain.
Feel free to tell me how bad my combos are and where to make them better. I tried to include combos that were match practical, and not so char specific.

Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXtaqXxHYak

-TexasTim-

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:17:46 PM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 09:03:58 PM »
Lol. Like the one line I did not proof read after the copy pasta...

What's more amazing to me is that this vid did not get flagged for 'third party content'...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:10:56 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »