When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Riesbyfe Stridberg

Riesbyfe Strategy and Tactics Thread

(1/23) > >>

Lord Knight:
Sup.

Here's what I got on Riesbyfe so far. I only played RiesH.

Normals

5A -Tiny little pointless shin kick, Tohno style. The range is EXTREMELY small. It is very effective in whiff chains however, and it goes into 6AA.

5B - Long range poke, she steps forward, like a lunge. Can be canceled into normal/special extremely late (maybe even WHENEVER), and is one of her prime tools for continuing pressure. Also when spaced properly you can use it as a ghetto anti-air. It's also pretty fast so you can use it at close range if you want. Just think of it as a better Warakia 5B and you'll have the right idea. EXCELLENT stagger tool.

2B - Long range poke, but low. I need to test if it actually hits low. Like 5B though, it can be canceled extremely late, making it another great tool for blockstrings. However any uses you have for it in neutral, 5B does much better.

5C - Similar to her 6B, but steps forward more drastically. Has decent AA potential. Unlike her B normals, there is a defined point where it cannot be canceled - think Warc 5B. Taking advantage of the C blockstun is great for staggering when used properly. I *think* BE5C is an overhead, and it's useful when combining it with 5C staggers. This would make 5{C} an effective mixup with the overhead.

2C - Sliding kick forward, really really late cancel point, but it's not whenever you want. You can use this exactly like Nanaya's 2C (to a point). You can do similar strings and again this a tool to keep you nice and close. Example - 2A 2C 5A *whiff* grab. Even on hit this works because of Ries' MASSIVE grab range.

JA - Kind of sucks in face of JB, but still has its uses from coming down. Usually used most in hitconfirms or sideswap combo. It has pretty good priority though, and you can use it for hierarchy stuff if you aren't spaced for JB or JC.

JB - Big horizontal range. Probably her best air to air. On CH, land 5B aircombo.

JC - Big swipe through the air, easy to camp, huge hitbox. Hitbox goes below her body. On CH, land, 5B aircombo. You can use this for fuzzy guard setup, and because of how

Command normals:

6B - Big step forward. Need to test this move more.

6C - Not as big a step forward, but the move is angled upward. Need to test more.

J6C - Potential combo ender, and used in her corner combo. Has more horizontal range than jB, but it always wallslams on hit.

BEJC - Used in okizeme and combos generally, not too much in neutral. Has more blockstun/hitstun than JC.

5A6AA - 123 punch that is universal to H. Solid in strings and for hitconfirming. You can do strings like 5A6A2A5A6AA thanks to the properties of A moves, and they have very late cancels, except for the third hit. On hit, combo into 2C 236A.

Specials:
236A - This move is GDLK. Her prime anti-air. OOOOOOOOOOMMMMG words cannot describe how useful this move is and is probably one of the best reasons for picking H in the first place. It's a rather long dash that has upper body invulnerability. It's really useful for dealing with projectiles or single hit moves that have very high recovery on block or on whiff (236A CH 2a *whiff* 2c 236A aircombo). I'm sure you can do some cool kind of whiff combo on counter, but I haven't tried it yet. It's jump cancelable on hit.

236B - I believe this has mid/lower body invul. Knocksdown on hit, I don't know if you can jump cancel off it.

236C - Ex command dash. I haven't even inputted this move yet lol.  :psyduck:

214A/B/C - Drill that I don't know the properties of. 214B is used in her corner combo.

623/A/B/C - Huge DP. The hitbox is more in front of her body than above, making 623B her wakeup of choice.

624A/B/C - Uh. ..  gold sheild? Didn't really see what this did. EDIT: This move has quite a bit of super armor, apparently.

She has this fire punch thing but I don't remember the input.

General strategy -  abuse long range moves, then lockdown once you get them to block. She's REALLY good at this.

Basic okizeme - jC has a ton of blockstun, so most mixups come off this. It's basically your standard IAD stuff. She can jC dj jC for a game winning fuzzy. JC from high enough can be cancellable into JB, standard 2 hit oki. Throw seems to have long range. Anti-backstep is 2A(Whiff) 5B, followup varies from char to char.

Combo's:

Midscreen

5B 2B 5C 2C 236A JBC dj JBC airthrow - level 1.

5B 2B 6C 2C 236A JBC airdash jump JAC airthrow - level 2. (sideswap)

5B 2B 5C 2C 214A JBC dj JBC airthrow - apparently SII says this combos, w/e.

Corner Combo:

5B 2B 2C 5C JC J6C land JC sdj JBC airthrow 

5B 2B 5C 2C 214B wallslams J[C] dj jBC dj JBC airthrow

Air CH Combo:

CH JB land 5B 236A JBC dj JBC airthrow. - 236A can be omitted if needed.

Situational Combos:

5B 2B 5C 2C 236A JBC aidash jump JAC - sideswap.

236A CH JCB dj JBC airthrow

5B CH - have some ideas, gonna test it out.

EDIT: Making this much better.

Benny1:
Isn't her gold shield a counter move or something?  I thought it was or something, or at least I thought she had one in C/H.

How does the range on her 623A/B look?  It LOOKS enormous, so I'm curious.  Probably really really unsafe on block in particular for a DP though.

How is her air movement?  Videos have made it look like her jump is really short or something, or she falls really fast, or something, because people just drop in the air with her.

Lord Knight:
DP is huge LOOKING, but I'm not to sure if it's as big as it looks. I think it's big on top and in front, and depending on whether you use A B or C, you move more horizontally.

Her air movement is lackluster, she falls like a rock. Her airdash is solidy. Falling fast helps her for oki somewhat, seeing how she does jCB off a double jump. If you don't time a move properly off an IAD, it whiffs, it's weird until you get used to it. Probably need to high airdash with her a lot more. Her ground speed is pretty good.

pbj_mixxa:
SCRUBS, ALL OF YOU! F-RIESE IS WHAT'S UP!!!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4926157  -> 1:20 = 4 hits, 4.2k dmg!!!

Lord Knight:
Come back when RiesF can run and has 236A.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version