When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-SAkiha v1.07  (Read 18047 times)

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
F-SAkiha v1.07
« on: November 28, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »
F-Seifuku Basics here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrLwX4shojI

Old Post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX8Lq97TS1k&feature=plcp&context=C211cdUDOEgsToPDskJSByt6FyK1dUewFCq6iV7_

Kou vs GO1 @ 9:50

22A recovery on hit looks way decreased. 22A loops look way easier to do.
Still looks to be not so good damage on her meter combos and set-ups and command throw.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:32:34 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
Re: F-SAkiha v1.07
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:43:31 AM »
I was expecting rings to have less recovery but 22A is good since it can be used more in blockstrings.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:47:13 AM »
Well to be honest, I'm not sure if it's actually less recovery on the 22A that is making the loop look way easier. If it is less recovery, it's prolly only on hit and not on block. It could be any number of things, like an improved hit box on one of the moves involved in the loop, or some other property of a move in the loop got tweaked. Regardless, it just looks way easier to do, and I won't know what until I get 1.07... I'm pretty sure something changed, cuz I've never seen JP players do the loop before in a match, let alone 4 reps midscreen.

-TexasTim-

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
loop into ex ring which way is sick
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 06:34:12 AM »
Well to be honest, I'm not sure if it's actually less recovery on the 22A that is making the loop look way easier. If it is less recovery, it's prolly only on hit and not on block. It could be any number of things, like an improved hit box on one of the moves involved in the loop, or some other property of a move in the loop got tweaked. Regardless, it just looks way easier to do, and I won't know what until I get 1.07... I'm pretty sure something changed, cuz I've never seen JP players do the loop before in a match, let alone 4 reps midscreen.

-TexasTim-

You can only do 4 max midscreen. Corner loops give you like 6 to 7.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:45:46 PM by o}HellRose{o »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kvnyOMWh-U&feature=related

Player: GO1

I'm pretty sure that's Kou's F-SAkiha, and GO1 is playing C-Arc in this vid.

Offline link6616

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
Hello. I haven't really been playing F-Sei for a while (only recently got into her on the PS2 actress again), but I'm not really sure where I should be looking to improve myself with her in CC, can I assume most of her AA BnBs etc still work, or what?

Offline SolNova

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »
Well, all I can say is that I've been playing her alot on MBAACC. Her dmg on Ex combos are still pretty low, her loop seems easier, and her BnBs still do good dmg. :/

Offline link6616

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 01:10:50 AM »
I keep hearing this 22A loop being mentioned but I've never really seen anywhere that explains it really... Not trying to be much of newb here but briefly flicking through it I couldn't find anything that seemed to describe it clearly enough. Would someone be so kind as to describe it and/or show a clear good example?

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 02:56:43 AM »
I keep hearing this 22A loop being mentioned but I've never really seen anywhere that explains it really... Not trying to be much of newb here but briefly flicking through it I couldn't find anything that seemed to describe it clearly enough. Would someone be so kind as to describe it and/or show a clear good example?

You can do it off of things like BE2C, 214C, Shield Counter, and I think Raw air throw.
String is: xx > [2A 2C 22A] x 3 or 4 or up to something like 8 with IH.
Depending on what you did before will determine what part of the loop you go into. (ie. shield counter into 22A/B..., 214C into 2A 2C... ect.)
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qX8Lq97TS1k#t=644s

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »
That was actually helpful because I have struggled with that loop for the longest.

Offline link6616

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:23 PM »
Mmmm! Thank you Rahl. Still haven't gotten it quite down but at least i know where im failing with it mostly

oh i found thus topic in my travels, how relevant are shikis tutorial vids to cc do we think? http://www.meltybread.com/forums/seifuku-akiha/f-seifuku-tutorial/

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 05:22:19 PM »
Mmmm! Thank you Rahl. Still haven't gotten it quite down but at least i know where im failing with it mostly

oh i found thus topic in my travels, how relevant are shikis tutorial vids to cc do we think? http://www.meltybread.com/forums/seifuku-akiha/f-seifuku-tutorial/
She is pretty much unchanged in this regard. BE2C is still the same as shown in his vids. Although I think the likelihood of anyone getting hit by BE2C is very low.
Practice the loop a lot on every char. The timing is different from char to char, although I'd say that every char falls into one of 4 categories of timing: Easy, Standard, Difficult, Impossible.
Not sure if it has changed in the PC release, but in PS2, 22A loops did not work on Ryougi, and Maids(Hisui lead).

-TexasTim-

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
F-SAkiha v1.07
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
Oh, man, I actually dropped FSei in PS2 'cause I spent an hour trying to do it on Ryougi.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 02:51:45 AM »
Oh. Lol, I made that tutorial a while back. I added some more stuff to it but never did add it on. You can ask me stuff about that here.

Offline link6616

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »

She is pretty much unchanged in this regard. BE2C is still the same as shown in his vids. Although I think the likelihood of anyone getting hit by BE2C is very low.
Practice the loop a lot on every char. The timing is different from char to char, although I'd say that every char falls into one of 4 categories of timing: Easy, Standard, Difficult, Impossible.
Not sure if it has changed in the PC release, but in PS2, 22A loops did not work on Ryougi, and Maids(Hisui lead).

-TexasTim-

So it doesn't work on the maids (Pair, Hisui lead) but it does work on normal hisui? Interesting.

And thanks Shiki I'll keep that in mind, but presently it's just a case of learning general F Sei stuff... I'm not really sure what I'd even be asking atm other than possible match feedback.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »
So it doesn't work on the maids (Pair, Hisui lead) but it does work on normal hisui? Interesting.

Yeah, It would work with Kohaku on point, but every time I had it switch to Hisui, it would not work, no matter what timing I used. Regular Hisui fell into the Easy category iirc.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »

-TexasTim-

And thanks Shiki I'll keep that in mind, but presently it's just a case of learning general F Sei stuff... I'm not really sure what I'd even be asking atm other than possible match feedback.

Sure. Just post up your match videos here or so.

Offline link6616

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
Ages later...

A small selection of matches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPrbKAFW8UY&feature=youtube_gdata

Now before other people catch on to some really obvious stuff
Yes I am dropping my very basic combo in the air a bit and thus doing it sub optimally... that was just stress during those matches...

So yes, comments, suggestions would be great. Sorry they are all against nero, I've had a limited selection of opponents recently

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
F-SAkiha v1.07
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »
Here's something to start working on:

Don't spam rings. It leaves you prone to counters.

Try to utilize ring mixups when their blocking it.

Block strings should be like 2aaaaaa or 2abc 22a.

I rarely saw you dash with her and normally jump in which is bad against Nero.

Command throws are fun.

I saw that you were spending a lot of meter as well too.

That's all for now. Walking home from class so yeah.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
-After AT don't do ring unless you ex cancel. Most chars have moves to hit you out of it from that range.
-Dont use 236A 623C midscreen. It's meant to stop jump outs and pokes in the corner.
-Need to not go into 3C so much and instead use 5C/2C into 22A into ring oki into mix-up more.
-Spend less meter. You don't need to use it to get oki.
-2B is plus, 22B is plus, 2A is plus and super fast. Use these the most in blockstrings. You can end them with BE2C it will generally be safe on block.

-TexasTim-

Offline link6616

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the great advice guys! I'll try and keep all that in mind when I play next and upload some of the results of that.

Meter usage was brought up alot... So obviously yes spend less meter. So should I be keeping it to use heat IH and so on? Or just using it up less.

Yeah... 3C is a really bad habit, Marvel has trained me so much that I always want to launch...

I'll be sure to keep in mind the block strings. They are a huge weakness on my part.

Later on I started working out how good ground dashes were against nero so I'll be sure to work them in much more, along with toning down the amount of semi random rings.

What situations are good for the command throw... I've never really been able to 'get it'
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:34:09 PM by link6616 »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
Meter usage was brought up alot... So obviously yes spend less meter. So should I be keeping it to use heat IH and so on? Or just using it up less.
Primary use of meter for her is IH, TK236C mix-ups in max, and 214C/623C escape/reversal.

What situations are good for the command throw... I've never really been able to 'get it'
Any situation where you are at advantage, you can use it. Mostly, in situations where you could choose to 2A or cmd throw, 2A stagger 2A or command throw, ect.
Ex.: after a blocked 22B, you dash back in and 2A or cmd throw, 2A stagger 2A or cmd throw.
Ex.: after ring oki, you mix-up a corss-up jC into 2A or cmd throw.
Ex.: after corner AT, you dash in and 2A or cmd throw, 2A stagger 2A or cmd throw.
Ex.: on wake up if you think they wont meaty and will be in range.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 10:31:42 PM »
I made an F-SAkiha Basic Tutorial vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrLwX4shojI

It covers some move list properties, basic combos and pressure, oki, and some advanced combos.

If there are any questions about any of the combos, of mix-ups, feel free to post here.

I'm going to update the first post.