hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Generic Discussion  (Read 19276 times)

Offline PlusPlusMinus

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Generic Discussion
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:10:53 PM »
FFFFFFFF. Seriously. Disregard me. 63214C is a command grab that crosses up and combos into 5A>2B>etc. etc.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:30:25 PM by PlusPlusMinus »

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:49:24 PM »
Ill probably be alting this bad itch Fmoon style. so far ive found hurr durr (5/2a starter) 5b2b2c3c jbc jbc airthrow. though i prefer to do 5b2b2c into j236b which allows you to airdash after the flame ring is out for mixup and shenanigans with her command grab. Haven't played her much and im sure this is level 0 stuff but I want to think im contributing.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Kryian

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:48:09 PM »
Alright, 2 things with F-SAkiha:

1)  If you do a 2c right before her crossup dash you'll cross to the other side doing a 2c (the wrong direction).  I wasn't able to really make anything from this because she's all going the wrong way and stuff, nor was I able to get the crossup while doing any move other than 2c.  Maybe there's something somewhere.

2)  It looks like the best setup you can get is chain -> 5c, 22a, 236c.  You can't cross them up with the super itself, but you can of course break their guard with the free mixup you get.  Thanks to her insane B&B damage I think the most useful super setup is off of command grab since that thing scales a TON.  Just grab 5a,5b,2b,5c,22a xx super.

From what I can tell so far, her other supers seem useless.  In any case where I try to throw in a super for extra damage...not doing it and finishing whatever b&b I'm doing will do more damage.

Edit for goodness:

22a seems to be a safe, easy blockstring ender.  You can mix in some 22b to try and catch someone mashing if you push yourself out of 2a range.  blockstring -> 22a xx 236c seems to be the meat of this character.  Midscreen you get a nice little four-way mixup, and in the corner you can get a fuzzy guard or two (j.c, dj.b, j.c while the super is out is a valid fuzzy guard combo that leads to full B&B).  If you've got the meter, midscreen it might be best to cut your B&Bs short and just do an immediate airthrow, or just j.c airthrow so you don't toss them too far away and get to continue pressure.  In the corner you can do whatever because airthrow keeps you on them.  After normal throw, without meter 236a gives you one mixup, 236a (or 236b) xx 236c is even  more free mixups.

This character seems powerful.

I really want a use for the other supers, but other than 22c being able to take on maybe 300 extra damage in a normal B&B i'm just not seeing a reason to use meter on anything but 236c.  Of course, I don't know much about the styles so I don't know if full moon needs meter for anything else....

More edits so as not to be double posting:

Looks like any blockstring in to 236c in the corner can be jumped/dashed out of.  Also various invincible, high range moves can knock you out of 236c also.  Kinda sucks, but this girl would be too good otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:40:21 PM by Kryian »

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 07:13:32 PM »
http://mbaa.mizuumi.net/index.php/Akiha_Tohno_(Seifuku)
I'm working on getting frame data.  It's slow and I don't know how to get active/recovery frames so you only get startup and advantage, but I'm 99% sure all of that is flawless data.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
Yeah unfortunatly with how melty's blocking works with multi hit attacks you cant crossup with her flame rings due to autoblock. But you still get free high/low/grab off it. Also i did find pretty much all her specials minus DP to be + on block.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:35:25 AM by Tempered »
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline altergenesis

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • KABLAAAMO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 12:33:19 PM »
Yeah, with flame ring oki, I normally stagger and just as ring dies off do dash cross-up.
Clearly, you weren't mashing hard enough.

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Konata is watching you :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »
Is it just me or does SAkiha have better defense than Akiha?

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 07:30:13 AM »
You're imagining it, she doesn't.

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 11:11:33 AM »
Yes, it appears to only be better during the first 25% of their life meters.  After that Akiha's defense gets better while SAkiha's only gets slightly better.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 02:01:55 AM »
I demand more info on S.Akiha!

Things I've found.

H-S.Akiha

BnB: 2A 2B 5B 5C 6AAA 22A 2C 5C j.BC dj.BC AT. Does around 4700dmg. Mixup options after combo that I use are usually just j.B ad.B. It has a tendency to crossup in the corner which is really nice.

22A seems to lead into a frame trap in block strings. I would like someone to test this for me. j.BC dj.BC is a fuzzy guard that combos into 2A etc...

I haven't tested this much, but I think in her bnb you can do 2A 2B 5B 5C 6AAA 22A 2C 5C j.BC ad.B dj.BC AT. The timing is very strict for the ad.B it seems.

What would be some uses for her j.[C]?

Uses for pillars/flame tongues? I see no use for her specials, really.

More info is demanded! go go go!
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »
I haven't tried much of any of this out in real matches yet, but it seems that H-SAkiha's j.[C] has low afterdelay, which means if timed reaaaally well it can be followed against a highguarding opponent with j.as and then a either j.b overhead or a ground low hit.  It also takes off quite a bit of guard meter on block, so it could be useful in forcing guard breaks against cautious opponents.  Especially because H-SAkiha has no ground overheads whatsoever, guard crushing or forcing risky escapes from blocking seem to be important options.

As mentioned in one of the other threads, 214s are useful for punishing techs.  623s can be used to tag airtechs from nearly anywhere on screen, but I don't really know if the low damage warrants using it in most situations.  Flametongues really only seem useful because of their huge range, as there isn't any spectacular damage or followups off them.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 05:47:36 AM »
IIRC, you can combo off a 623a if it's CH and you hit them in the air with it. I don't have a copy of the game to check, I'll just have to wait next time I can play it zZz.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Tae Seong Kim

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 06:09:25 AM »
IIRC, you can combo off a 623a if it's CH and you hit them in the air with it. I don't have a copy of the game to check, I'll just have to wait next time I can play it zZz.

Probably not going to happen.  Her dragon punch hits twice, so you are gonna have to counter hit them with the second hit of her dragon punch if you want to have any chance of comboing them afterwards.  If you get them in the corner then you jump up and get in a quick normal into a combo, counter hit or not.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 08:14:09 AM »
Sure, 214s work for punishing techs, but aren't there better options? Like, you know... Not resorting to making a commitment in the tech punish? Such as simply tech chasing? I've only found 214s to be good when you're in the air and out of jump options, and the opponent looks like they have the intention on rushing that shit down via air. Then I just use 214A and dance for middle ground again.

And as for her j.[C]. I've found one use so far... j.[C] (on block) j.B (directly after the j.[C] is blocked. This leads into a j.B IMMEDIATELY after the j.[C] and you stay in the exact spot you did the j.[C], so I'm thinking if people call the j.[C], you can either j.B, or maybe you can airdash after it, or just land and hit low. Good old fashioned 50/50s. ^_^
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 02:52:38 PM »
Note that her rings can also be used as serious zoning tools. They also start hitting fairly late, for example if you end a block string with ring, your opponent has more than enough time to dash in and punish because the rings start hitting much later than the animations suggest.

Also, the ring hits have low hitstun, which means it's difficult to combo with them. That means if you're zoning with rings and you catch your opponent in one, you have to get up there and j.B -fast- or at the very least get close and 623a if you just want some extra damage. The other thing is that if you catch them in a ring on the ground, you have to combo in such a way that the ring will not stop hitting between anything that is not A -> A, A -> B or B -> B. Otherwise, you can do something like, 2aa5b2b5c (last hit of ring hits) 3c BLOCKED because of the low hitstun of the ring hits. It's happened to me before and really the only solution is to get a good idea of how long the rings last, throw in something like 5bc stop, and then finish with 5b2b5c etc once you think the ring is about to end. The good thing about low hit/blockstun is that gap between a final ring hit/block and a command grab is nice and tight.

When getting a blocked jumpin on your opponent in the corner, cancelling into ring is pretty nice for lockdown. You don't get mixup since you pop away from the opponent rather than towards like with EX, but it puts you in a great position to handle any attempts to escape the ring, and you still have your air actions. Cancelling into EX in this situation results in opponent dashing out of the ring and escaping while you land in the corner.
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 01:41:09 PM »

Probably not going to happen.  Her dragon punch hits twice, so you are gonna have to counter hit them with the second hit of her dragon punch if you want to have any chance of comboing them afterwards.  If you get them in the corner then you jump up and get in a quick normal into a combo, counter hit or not.

You're right, I tested it out at a friend's place.

The advantage of rings having low hit stun is that you can tick a command throw off of one. Look like you go for a crossup j.c but time it late then just command throw into combo. FSakiha is scariest when people don't know how long hitstun on ring is.

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
Thanks to mauve's sexy frame display program, I've found out 623c (for C and H) has some frames of invincible startup.  It seems it lasts all the way until the flames start hitting, but there could be a few where Akiha is vulnerable before the flames start hitting.  (I'd be super happy if someone tests this to find out.)

Wakeup DP, etc.  It's probably also good for bullshitting your way through some arc drives/special moves, although not as much as her Arc Drive.

I was curious enough to check:  As some combo videos have demonstrated, the hitbox for SAkiha's arc drive does indeed extend both in front and behind her, and the same distance both ways no less.  It's pretty sexy.

Offline Tae Seong Kim

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 11:25:06 AM »
I find her EX dragon punch to be invincible from frame 1 through about 25 or so, just from  personal match experience.  It is more invincible than any other dragon punch in the game.  Beats all of Nanaya's and Roastbeef's.  She can easily be thrown out of it though.

Offline paikmanSTi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 44
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
Does C play like a standard MB char, whereas F goes for the ring oki mixup on every knockdown?

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 04:33:32 AM »
Going for ring oki on every knockdown really isn't worth it.

Crescent Seifuku Akiha is actually a pretty unique character.  You can't mash her 5A or 2A like most characters, once you use 5A or 2A, it is used up for that combo.  Also, she's a little special for a crescent moon character in that her 5B is neutral on block and 2C is like -1 or something, not as good as like V.Sion's neutral on block type stuff, but it's not bad.  A fast recovery sweep is good.

Actually, does anybody really play Crescent?  I'm interested in learning her (mostly because every single normal is a kick).  I need to learn how to really use her pits and the like and practice my ex combos, but she seems to be fun, and her pressure is odd since she can't mash 5A and 2A, which is unique and cool.

Offline NappyJin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
    • Blog Of Blank.
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 11:02:41 PM »
LOL Edited my post, nvm.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:39:59 AM by NappyJin »
Just shut up already.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 03:25:54 AM »
I haven't gotten around to messing around with C. I'm sure she has some cool stuff, but she just looks like gimmick regular Akiha.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »
H-Seifuku has godlike 2B. This is like... abare supreme.
They can't get enough of me

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »
Excuse me but, somebody knows how to unlock s.akiha ???
Argentina MB fighter

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »
Excuse me but, somebody knows how to unlock s.akiha ???
Beat arcade with both Akihas any moon.