When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-S.Akiha thread  (Read 10948 times)

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
H-S.Akiha thread
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:36:42 PM »
Even though there's the wiki, and irc I still like making forums posts, it helps keep my thoughts in one place, and I can get help with stuff I'm unware of.

This character is really fast. She does nice damage off standard bnb, has a kinda shitty crossup though (j.b). This character is probably one of the best rushdown characters under S tier, and is shared for best S.Akiha imo with C. She has minimal zoning tools with pillars, but it's good enough if you know your spacing/timing, too bad you don't have air movement afterwards though.

main bnb you want to go for:
5b 2b 5c 6c 6aaa 5b 6b jbc jbc throw, really nice damage, you can stick a 22a if you want after 6aaa.

She has some silly 236c combos, but I'm not to sure if theyre really worth it.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
Re: H-S.Akiha thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:13:24 AM »
Hmm... a thread has been made...

I want to note that her airdash is just as fast as VAkiha's(making her just as fast in speed difference if you factor in her ground dash), her 22b and 236c are +frames on block, her ground and airthrow gives meter, and her AD can grab the opponent out of the air if they are low and close enough.

Her 236c combos only adds like 200 damage if you already use the 5b 2b 5c 5a6aa 22a 2c 5c 6b j.bc j.bc throw variation. Not worth the meter imo.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »
Oh, figure it's worth posting this in here:

Combos:

2A 5B 5C (2) 5A 6AA 22A 2C 5C 6B j.BC dj.BC airthrow should be your bnb.

2A 5B 5C (2) 6C 22C 6B j.BC dj.BC I believe is her meter combo of choice.  I could be wrong but I believe that does max damage without doing CMV type shit.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
I think I'm gonna drop F and learn/play H-S.Akiha from now on.  F is kinda meh to me now
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 12:46:50 AM »
On most character, 2C will hit meaty after an air throw in the corner.

You can:
RB it into Dash -> Option
2C - 214B -> Options
2C - 2C -> Options

Options can be dash in, grab, cmd grab, JC etc. If they block the B pillar, you can dash in for free, just look for bunkers perhaps. If they mash it out, you'll probably get a CH you can pick up or a good trade.

There is more I just... wanna sleep right now lol
They can't get enough of me

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 02:38:41 AM »
I think I'm gonna drop F and learn/play H-S.Akiha from now on.  F is kinda meh to me now

Yeah, if you like Melty, F-Sakiha isn't for you, haha. Plus H is way better.
what the fuck is this game

Offline koun

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Bebop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:38:02 PM »
Hmm... a thread has been made...

I want to note that her airdash is just as fast as VAkiha's(making her just as fast in speed difference if you factor in her ground dash), her 22b and 236c are +frames on block, her ground and airthrow gives meter, and her AD can grab the opponent out of the air if they are low and close enough.

Her 236c combos only adds like 200 damage if you already use the 5b 2b 5c 5a6aa 22a 2c 5c 6b j.bc j.bc throw variation. Not worth the meter imo.
Thanks i going to ask about this and lol curbeh avatar=win
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 07:19:09 PM by koun »

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 08:19:53 PM »
bump.

So, does no one play this character anymore?
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »
I use C-Moon mostly now
They can't get enough of me

Offline Zieg

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • False Roman Catholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »
ololol

5B 2B 5C(2) 5A 6AA IAD j.C land j.BC airdash j.B dj.BC airthrow

Stupid combo made of pure cancer; use for the luls.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 04:54:22 AM »
Well, I'll update with my findings, then.

22A is safe on block and baits jumpouts, pokes etc... 22B is a frame trap on block and directly off 2A 2B 5C 22B, you can command throw right at the end of 22B if you think the opponent is going to respect your pressure for midscreen oki/mixup. Both 22A and 22B can be combo'd from a counterhit.

Her midscreen oki is super strong off throw or 22A. She can super jump past them and airdash back for a 50/50 overhead mixup. If they try to jump out, the attack will catch them as soon as they leave the ground and you can guard break by landing and hitting them with 2A into 22A for resets. Once they start respecting the airdash mixup on wakeup, you can land and hit low or even airdash back and double jump for an ambiguous mixup.

In the corner after knockdown, you can j.[C] into whatever you like for mixup. Since you can cancel the j.[C] into j.B and it will keep her in place, it's a strong mixup since you can also just land and do whatever you want. You can also mix up j.[C] land cancels for mixup and tick throw setups.

Her airdash allows her to crossup in the corner from jump attacks. This is a very trick situation and I'm not sure how it works yet. It looks like she stays on the current side, but the hit lands on the other. She still remains on the current side even after the hit lands, but if I can replicate this, it will be the most bullshit mixup ever as it wouldn't be a telegraphed cross-up.

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
I hope all the new H-SAkiha players know that out of her normals, 2A hits mid and that her 5A, 5B, 2B, and 2C are her lows.

Her midscreen oki is super strong off throw or 22A. She can super jump past them and airdash back for a 50/50 overhead mixup. If they try to jump out, the attack will catch them as soon as they leave the ground and you can guard break by landing and hitting them with 2A into 22A for resets. Once they start respecting the airdash mixup on wakeup, you can land and hit low or even airdash back and double jump for an ambiguous mixup.

This isn't really that strong because most people can just wakeup backdash. Off throw you can just delay a 214a to hit meaty and is safe enough(has enough time to block a reversal or dash up 2A 2B/2C to catch backdash) to continue pushing them to the corner or keep them in the corner. After 22A is probably best to just dash and push them closer to the corner a bit then neutral jump right over them to do a standard high/low mixup instead since if they try anything then you can just react to it with the necessary options.(ie. shield/airdash/jump a reversal)

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »
I hope all the new H-SAkiha players know that out of her normals, 2A hits mid and that her 5A, 5B, 2B, and 2C are her lows.

This isn't really that strong because most people can just wakeup backdash. Off throw you can just delay a 214a to hit meaty and is safe enough(has enough time to block a reversal or dash up 2A 2B/2C to catch backdash) to continue pushing them to the corner or keep them in the corner. After 22A is probably best to just dash and push them closer to the corner a bit then neutral jump right over them to do a standard high/low mixup instead since if they try anything then you can just react to it with the necessary options.(ie. shield/airdash/jump a reversal)

It's true they can backdash, but since it's a which-way, it wouldn't be very safe to backdash it. If you get predictable with it, though, it gets pretty bad.

Also, good video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9148000

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 04:38:02 PM »
It can't be a 50/50 because SJ airdash back j.c is only one way. You can't make it hit crossed up unless you correct which way you're facing (using neutral jump or air dodge), if you mean 50/50 as in high/low then nvm.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 07:37:09 PM »
If you time the airdash correctly, it uncrosses up when the wake up. I'll see if I can't record it sometime.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »
If you time the airdash correctly, it uncrosses up when the wake up. I'll see if I can't record it sometime.

You should actually read through ehrik's response. It explains why that doesn't matter.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
this game has cross up protection where if both chars are not facing each other then it doesn't matter which way you block
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »

You should actually read through ehrik's response. It explains why that doesn't matter.

Thanks for being helpful.

this game has cross up protection where if both chars are not facing each other then it doesn't matter which way you block

But seriously, I didn't know that if the characters weren't facing each other directional blocking didn't matter. I thought you just had to block opposite the direction the character was. Hmm. Thanks ehrik. This actually kind of sucks. xD