When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Shiki Nanaya

F-Nanaya General Discussion

(1/8) > >>

heavymetalmixer:
It's kinda weird to see there's not a F-Nanaya Thread, i'm just a newbie on this so i don't know if the people here jst don't like to play him, but well, if there's anyone that wants some info on F-Nanaya, please post it here.

Sashi:
Spam that warui ne.

heavymetalmixer:
What about blockstrings? or pressure in general?

hipikachu:

--- Quote from: heavymetalmixer on April 11, 2013, 06:45:55 AM ---What about blockstrings? or pressure in general?

--- End quote ---
I don't play F-Nanaya myself, but it is common knowledge that Full Moon characters are unable to Reverse Beat. Therefore, he along with the other F-Moon characters play the typical 2D fighting game pressure. You want to end blockstrings with as much + frames as possible in order to give yourself an opportunity to reset pressure.
Although a lot of F-Nanaya's normals seem to be exactly the same as his C/H counterparts, do not be fooled. The animations may be the same, but they are much safer on block, leaving it up to you to create deceptive frametraps and initiate stagger pressure. Knowing what moves are jump-cancellable on block will also greatly expand your limited pressuring options.
Like Sacchin said above, if you're not abusing Warui Ne in some grotesque way, you're probably playing him wrong. I imagine a classic example being something like 5A>5B>jc>j.2A>etc or jump-in j.C>jc>j.2A>etc. This should even be applicable to IADs and 22B. Remember the dive kick IS an overhead, so while it's not as easy to lock an opponent in blockstun as it is in C/H, you should have more mixup options. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Remember, your goal isn't to keep the opponent in blockstun until they stop blocking, cuz they won't. You want them to see an opportunity, attempt to mash out, only to fall victim to a well-placed frame trap. The more they fall for this, the more they will come to respect your moves, giving you momentum and control of the match.

Sashi:
Right, right. 2B is still the normal Nanaya 2B, which means that it still hits really far. 2A and waruine are your best pressure tools. 5C is actually really good anti air, especially now that it's more active. Once you get a hit in, just rekka to setup oki.

You don't really need meter for anything outside of IH, so just waste it on ExRekka combos when you're about to hit Max. Remember that it doesn't work on airborne enemies, though.

Against players who aren't used to it, 623B~B can ruin their punish attempt. Obviously never works on players who expect it.

You can do the double shoryu combo by doing a tk8.22 motion (228) at the end of the first 623 to make it a bit easier.

Stuff like IADj.B dj.warui ne and 22B warui ne are hilarious and makes the other guy feel stupid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version