hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-Nanaya 1.07  (Read 4206 times)

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
H-Nanaya 1.07
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
A video I made for this guy demonstrating combos.
I give you The Psycho Therapist. :prinny:

I made a new thread because I did not think this belonged in the video thread, because it's not match footage. Also this is H-Moon specific, and there are no moon specific boards for some reason...

Looking at you Roku :V

Feel free to post any questions about anything in the video here. ;D

There will likely be more videos to come showcasing Pressue, and Oki/Tech Punishes/Misc. Tech.

-TexasTim-

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
Re: H-Nanaya 1.07
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
Who cares, he can neutral. Don't need him to have dumb pressure too.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »
214B and BE214B are only safe on block, unless you hard read a mash and shoryuken right after (or blow meter on a bad SRK with EX cancel 236C).
Yeah, no plus frame specials, with the possible exception of 236A... but it has to be spaced right (far enough away), otherwise it's neutral (point blank). (Vs 3 frame pokes, active on frame 4, like c-koha 2/5A)

236A has no hitbox on crouchers,
Except this... it whiffs on crouchers...

He does have plus frame on 5B. So 2A 5B 2A reset is like +1 vs 3 frame pokes. If properly spaced, 5B 5B is a frame trap too, but good luck getting anything more than 5B 236B 214C for a confirm... Better have meter if you want to use the frame trap. At least you get a fast fall mix-up for the meter. Also, while not plus, 5/2C 22C acts like a frame trap of sorts, especially b/c his backdash is so good. 22C plus backdash makes them guess, and gives you lots of options. When you use specials with this guy, you don't have frame traps... You have MIND GAMES!!!!

236B, from my matches against MadScientist, might actually be minus ON HIT (if not EX canceled),

This is the sad truth. Minus on hit and counter hit. If you don't ex cancel into 214C, you have to guess which defensive tactic to use instead of an offensive one. The options are 2A, backdash, or 2/5D. The safest option (the one that will get you punished the least often) is backdash, but you might want to throw in 2D to try and mess with their head. Backdashing the right things can also net you a punish, or at least give you the offensive again.

Edit: You have more options that are pretty much the equivalent of those I listed, like dp, dodge, or jump. Jump in particular is one that I would consider good, while dodge is prolly about the same as 2A to slightly worse than shield. I guess I should pfhrase it differently, like the options are: Mash, reversal, block, or jump. The ones I originally listed and jump are the ones I typically use.

Edit 2: Lol! Just to clarify, what I say about 236B on hit only applies to grounded opponents. Airborne opponents have tech recovery added onto hitstun, so you are plus as hell.

and 236C blows meter better used for j.214C since people are just gonna bunker that shit anyway...

Well, I think that you should only be using 236C when you are in max. The only exception would be to prevent yourself from going into max. I'm not sure why someone would try to bunker 236C while you are in max. They'd just get hit by the auto spark. 236C has it's uses, it eats some time to lower rebeat penalty, and resets your normal chain if you mess up and use them all. Because it's so plus and is often respected, you can go for mind games instead. (like AD... :toot:)

Who cares, he can neutral. Don't need him to have dumb pressure too.

Well, I agree and disagree with this. Yes, this char has the ability to win neutral in a lot of match ups. Like 5A, 5C, 5B, 2B, 2C, j.A, j.C, & 236B, dash, backdash, plus the ability to air dodge and j.214B to correct facing and create space when you can't correct facing are all pretty gdlk neutral tools.

I disagree in that I think he has good pressure. 2C 2A resets are amazing. 2C 5C 5/2A resets are both amazing. 5C 5A 2B (non-reset) is amazing.2C 5C 5A 5B(non-reset) is amazing. 2B resets are good. And he can mix in crap tons of shenanigans if he wishes, and do throw out of the corner fast fall mix-ups. I think his pressure is pretty dumb.

Example: Maybe not the best example...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4xaGTGX-k
Now I'm sure you can break his pressure apart, (like he could poke here or (reversal X) there), but all pressure has its weaknesses.

In fact, if you go to that guy's youtube page and watch the rest of the vids in that set (there are 10), you will find lots of examples of how good his pressure can be, and also its weaknesses.

-TexasTim-
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:15:34 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline hipikachu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
This is the sad truth. Minus on hit and counter hit.
New Dustloop sig.