hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 1.07 C-Ryougi  (Read 48994 times)

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
Re: 1.07 C-Ryougi
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
Really, I can do the harder combos but I still go for the easy combos unless the difference in damage will end up in a kill. Dropped momentum is way worse than losing like 200 damage. Working on ways of gaining momentum like spacing and keeping momentum like okizeme is almost always better than working on combos as long as you can do 4k or so off of a confirm.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »
Your combo list is good enough. You can actually add in another 6x 8x in your custom combo. There are other combos, but work on general gameplay first so you know what hits to confirm off of
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Red Leather Jacket

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • The Sexy Bishonen Prince
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2012, 05:09:29 AM »
Thanks all!

I have been training a lot with Funky-Kun (a V.Akiha player on this forum) and have been leveling up quite a bit!

The match up versus V.Akiha is really rough for me though, not only does he have much more experience than I do, but those corner mix ups are insane. :psyduck:

C-Ryougi's lack of a true reversal makes it super hard to get out of the corner once he gets me in there.

What is the solution?  I mean there is always Heat but that can be baited so easily...
I'm a scrub but follow me anyway at:

twitter.com/OchiChernye

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »
Thanks all!

I have been training a lot with Funky-Kun (a V.Akiha player on this forum) and have been leveling up quite a bit!

The match up versus V.Akiha is really rough for me though, not only does he have much more experience than I do, but those corner mix ups are insane. :psyduck:

C-Ryougi's lack of a true reversal makes it super hard to get out of the corner once he gets me in there.

What is the solution?  I mean there is always Heat but that can be baited so easily...
Become godlike at defense.

Though if you want to press buttons so badly, you can use shields too, but those can be baited really hard.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »
Yeah, the VAkiha matchup primarily relies on defense because you're both playing glass cannons.

Make sure you block the flame pits, don't try anything fancy on them (trying 214c to get out of them on wakeup doesn't work, I tried it on LPT and got blown up for it). Most of the rest is just knowing your opponent's pattern.

For general VAkiha blockstrings go for the usual "block high when they're in the air, block low when they're on the ground" and watch out for 6c (the curb-stomp) which is an overhead. You're going to want to jump out after a blocked 6c or if they're pushed out too far. Maybe shield 623c but only against single hitting attacks.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:07:26 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYc4mDPRfJ0#t=6m50s

I tend to pick H for the matchup, but this is a nice sample nonetheless. I dunno what the move is, but the player uses it twice to escape agaist post-airthrow oki. Consider using it with moderation together with heat to escape.
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYc4mDPRfJ0#t=6m50s

I tend to pick H for the matchup, but this is a nice sample nonetheless. I dunno what the move is, but the player uses it twice to escape agaist post-airthrow oki. Consider using it with moderation together with heat to escape.

That's 421c. It has 3 frames of invincibility on startup but after that you can get hit by flamepits and stuff. Not a bad choice against F, but never do it against Flamepit oki.

Offline JSH

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
So after you land a clean 6C you can do 236c for knockdown and circuit break
Any thoughts on that?
So like potentially you can go 2b5bb5c6c236C and does 3.4k

I know you spend 100 meter for it and less damage, but you get knockdown for oki and put your opponent in a circuit break
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:44:46 AM by JSH »

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
1.07 C-Ryougi
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »
Sure, if the enemy is near or at full meter, go for it. Otherwise, you can just do rekka ender. Denying heat/ex/charge shield on wake up is great, though.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
So after you land a clean 6C you can do 236c for knockdown and circuit break
Any thoughts on that?
So like potentially you can go 2b5bb5c6c236C and does 3.4k

I know you spend 100 meter for it and less damage, but you get knockdown for oki and put your opponent in a circuit break

Having investigated this a while ago. (In the PS2 version you could OTG 6c236c for a weird tech punish.) Here are my thoughts:

Down time is comparable to 236c. You have time to do 3 ways or what ever you want. The newly added circuit break makes it scarier than 236c against certain characters who rely on their meter to reversal out of your mixups. It's much harder to get in than 236c (in that you have to actively combo into it most of the time and you have to still be in a ground string) and the damage is more or less equal. It really depends if you thing locking out their meter is worth it.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
I guess I'm the only one researching Ryougi right now.

I have some more info about the corner combos, specifically when to do the ps2 vs CC combos.

For most characters you will end up doing the CC combos most of the time. But, when you connect the corner combo from maximum range (5bb barely connects off of the wallbounce) the spacing allows for the ps2 combos instead of the CC ones. The only exception is Nero, who will always require the ps2 combos.

I've also been playing around with the oki off of my 623b 623a ender. The spacing is just right for a sj.9 to land right behind them (close enough to connect a crossup j.b). With a step of movement you can probably end up in front of them, but I haven't tested that out yet. If you do a normal jump forward you end up in 5c range. So, if you jump forward j.c 5[c] you might be able to surprise them with an unblockable. Or you could just go into a blockstring.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:48:16 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2012, 06:27:52 PM »
C-Ryougi ground normals on block

5A: -1
2A: -1
5B: -6
5BB: -4
2B: -1
5C: -4
2C: -12
6C: -9

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
Apparently, the only change is that 2c is now -12 instead of -10.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
Rei, do you know her frame data on block in full moon?
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Aioli

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2012, 01:46:25 AM »
So I've been playing C-Ryougi (CRYougi? :J) for a little while now trying to level up my game, and I thought I might as well register and contribute to the discussion (mostly with questions) instead of just lurking.

So yeah, yesterday I was trying out some new combos from air-to-air counter hits, trying to see how much damage I could reliably get out of a single j.5B counter.

I used to do the simple "j.5B 5BB j.5BC j.5BC AT/236", for about 3.4k damage. But then I realized that by omitting the first 5BB you can save your ground-jump cancel for later in the combo, coming up with "j.5B (land) j.5BC j.5BC j.22C 2C 5BB j.5BC j.5BC AT/236", netting me nearly 4.2k damage for the cost of 100 meter and the knife.

I guess the question is if I should start trying to use "j.5B (land) j.5BC j.5BC j.22C 2C 5BB j.5BC j.5BC AT/236" or if there's any better alternatives to use the 100 meter on?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:22:28 AM by Aioli »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2012, 04:23:26 AM »
So I've been playing C-Ryougi (CRYougi? :J) for a little while now trying to level up my game, and I thought I might as well register and contribute to the discussion (mostly with questions) instead of just lurking.

So yeah, yesterday I was trying out some new combos from air-to-air counter hits, trying to see how much damage I could reliably get out of a single j.5B counter.

I used to do the simple "j.5B 5BB j.5BC j.5BC AT/236", for about 3.4k damage. But then I realized that by omitting the first 5BB you can save your ground-jump cancel for later in the combo, coming up with "j.5B (land) j.5BC j.5BC j.22C 2C 5BB j.5BC j.5BC AT/236", netting me nearly 4.2k damage for the cost of 100 meter and the knife.

I guess the question is if I should start trying to use "j.5B (land) j.5BC j.5BC j.22C 2C 5BB j.5BC j.5BC AT/236" or if there's any better alternatives to use the 100 meter on?

5bb aircombo is probably the easiest one to land, but if you're looking for something more advanced I'd suggest j.b (counter) land 2b5c j.bc d.j j.bc 236b/AT (which does about 4k) Which you could probably extend to j.b (counter) land 2b5c j.bc d.j j.bc 22c land 2c5bb j.bc d.j j.bc 236b/AT

The biggest thing you want to keep in mind for things like this is the proration of the moves you're using.

Offline Aioli

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2012, 04:37:04 AM »
I never thought of using 2B 5C for a launcher, the timing is tight, but I'll try to get it down.

Unfortunately your second relaunch combo won't work, the single jump-cancel gets used after  2B 5C.

I can relaunch with j.22C 2C 5BB 214C, but it's a waste of meter and I only do it when I'm showing off, haha.

But thanks for the 2B 5C trick, I'll try and incorporate it into my play.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2012, 05:21:12 AM »
Right, for some reason I keep on forgetting about the one jump cancel rule.

Anyway, here's the reason for the increased damage:

5bb sets the proration to 70% so the jumping attacks do 70% damage. Compared to 2b5c which If I remember correctly sets the proration at about 85%. I think you can also do 5b5c for similar damage, but the timing is still sort of strict.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »
Honestly, I only use j.22C to get oki off of air combos, I'll use j.22C land 2C A rekkas or just 2C 2A whiff. I personally believe that getting oki is a lot stronger since we're able to get it more off of regular hits.

Offline Aioli

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2012, 11:19:41 AM »
The problem with that is that the limits of my oki is pretty much.

A) Meaty normal.

B) Jump meaty normal, crossup maybe one in ten times because I cannot get it going.

C) Throw.

I have pretty bad oki, but feel pretty good about my neutral game, so at the moment the extra damage benefit me more.

The one thing I truly want to get better at now is blockstrings, I usually just go for 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C 236 rekka.

Sometimes charging the 5C or 6C, reverse beating to 2A after 2C trying for a blockstring reset, I've been trying to get down 22C after rekka for a free reset, but my rekka execution is rather bad, mostly I go for 22C after 6C. Sometimes if I'm feeling risky I go 214B for a overhead.

I'm not really sure what to do with my pressure really, I want to put some throws in there, but I cannot really find an attack that puts me in a position to dash in and just throw them.

Kinda stunted on how to get more safe options for my pressure really.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
9 minute long C Ryougi video showcasing 63214 combos, okizeme setups, and assorted combos.

People who can read moonspeak will find this pretty interesting.  I'm too lazy to translate...

edit: whoops, forgot link lol

http://youtu.be/sKdHmYrRm7w
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:07:14 PM by CPhame »
digitalpugilist.com

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
He keeps on going for the 4x OTG relaunch instead of whiffing it and continuing. That really kills the damage in some of the combos. Other than that, not really anything I'm interested in learning at the moment.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2012, 08:04:34 PM »
I think he was doing those combos for fun, just to show what they can do. And also to tell us viewers not to fret if we miss the timing, we can still OTG relaunch.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2012, 01:12:57 AM »
He shows the max damage custom combo which is worth noting. Another thing worth noting is the 200% corner combo, where you end an air combo with 22C and then do 236C at certain heights and dash out of the corner. Higher hits don't leave corner space, lower hits leave corner space, you can get it to be really ambiguous but it's pretty hard to time since it's purely visual.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »
I'll have to look into it more, I've been practicing the custom combo but I don't have it down yet.

I've been fooling around with the corner combos in training mode. Kohaku seems to be the hardest to combo correctly. Ideally you should be doing the PS2 combos but if you're too close to the corner you have to delay the 5bb214a so you don't get 5bb236a in which case you have to do the CC combos.

Speaking of that spacing, it seems to be mostly based on height. It's easiest to see on Kohaku because you can do either combo on her. But my guess on the change was correct, they added a collision hitbox into 214a. The end result is that if your opponent ends up high enough (or you're far away enough) that you pass underneath them without colliding you end up in the corner, if you collide they're pushed into the corner and the bounce puts them more or less right above you with you facing the corner.