hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 1.07 C-Ryougi  (Read 48982 times)

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
1.07 C-Ryougi
« on: December 29, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
Will be adding content to the first post as this thread goes on. 214A change fucks with us in the corner and it becomes character specific on who 2C will cross under or not. Really messes with us. However, we got buffed custom combos.

Current combos I'm using

2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C j.AAC land j.BC dj.BC j.236B

Against Akiha 2A 5BB 2B 5C 63214C 8X 6X 8X 6X 8X 6X 8X 4X(whiff) 5A 5C j.BC dj.BC j.236B - 4.1k with full reduce. 5.7k without. Off of j.C it's 4.4k to 6.2k

Let that sink in for a second... The damage is absurd... I think C-Ryougi is now just "KILL THEM NOW WHO CARES ABOUT MIXUP" character. Sadly i think her okizeme is pretty weak unless you sacrifice a lot of damage now :/. Can't even link together full custom combos anymore with how they changed the gravity on the moves.

Will add more later
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:05:53 PM by Linne is the love of my life »
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: 1.07 C-Ryougi
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
Have you tried 214a (step into corner) 2c 5c 236c?

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »
Have you tried 214a (step into corner) 2c 5c 236c?

it's still a pain in the ass and doesn't seem to want to work right on everyone.

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »
Against Akiha 2A 5BB 2B 5C 63214C 8X 6X 8X 6X 8X 6X 8X 4X(whiff) 5A 5C j.BC dj.BC j.236B - 4.1k with full reduce. 5.7k without. Off of j.C it's 4.4k to 6.2k
How does this part work? I know you just input the direction and any button I believe but the 2nd 6X doesn't seem to land.

And yeah, looks like I'm not the only person who thinks C-Ryougi is simply more about damage.

And you say that she has SOME form of Oki if you sacrifice damage, care to post some examples here? I'm currently not seeing it here.
Back from a MB hiatus after 4 1/2 years.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:53:30 PM »
How does this part work? I know you just input the direction and any button I believe but the 2nd 6X doesn't seem to land.

And yeah, looks like I'm not the only person who thinks C-Ryougi is simply more about damage.

And you say that she has SOME form of Oki if you sacrifice damage, care to post some examples here? I'm currently not seeing it here.

You need to delay the 6x a bit after the 8x. Keep working on the timing, it will eventually work.

To get oki off of Ryougi you have to do one of several things:

1: end on 236a236a236a
2: end on 236c
3: end on 2c
4: end on 623c

All of those require specific combos changes to enders. I'm fairly sure you can end the custom combo with 236c instead of 5a5c whatever.

Also, have you guys experimented with the 22c relaunch?

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »
Yeah I thought those Oki options would be her only ones, thanks. But what can she do to take advantage of Oki though? 2A is just asking to get shielded once the opponent catches on, grab only sets up the same situation and I don't think she has an overhead that can lead into a combo, unless I'm missing something.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 02:07:32 PM »

You need to delay the 6x a bit after the 8x. Keep working on the timing, it will eventually work.

To get oki off of Ryougi you have to do one of several things:

1: end on 236a236a236a
2: end on 236c
3: end on 2c
4: end on 623c

All of those require specific combos changes to enders. I'm fairly sure you can end the custom combo with 236c instead of 5a5c whatever.

Also, have you guys experimented with the 22c relaunch?

I don't want to spend 250 meter on 236C after custom combos. Also a lot of the damage comes from the ender as well :/...

And for the custom combo, you also need to delay all of the 8X except for the first one so they get launched at the right height and push them away so you don't cross up midscreen. Since gravity doesn't affect custom combos you can't do more than one custom for big damage :(.

For oki, her options are as Livingshadow said, also forgot that you can end with j.22C land 2C on any air combo (but uses your knife). Also 3rd 236B rekka is completely air untechable, so it's also considered a knockdown.

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 09:21:02 AM »
So I think I got the timing for the first 8X 6X down, but as for the 8X, is the delay a bit slower or faster than delaying the 6X? And do the subsequent 6Xs have the same delay as the first 6X?

And as for stuff > j.22C > land > 2C, what is the timing like for this?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »
So I think I got the timing for the first 8X 6X down, but as for the 8X, is the delay a bit slower or faster than delaying the 6X? And do the subsequent 6Xs have the same delay as the first 6X?

And as for stuff > j.22C > land > 2C, what is the timing like for this?
Basically, cancel the 6x right into the 8x and delay again for the next 6x. The delay is about the same.

I'm not sure of the exact timing since I don't have CC, but the there is a slight delay before you 2c after the 22c. Just use j.22c instead of the j.236b ender.

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 10:04:47 AM »
Really? But didn't Linne say to delay the other 8Xs as well? Because I'm currently crossing them up which I'm not suppose to like what he said as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:07:49 AM by Ichipoo »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
I've never really messed around with the custom combos that much, his info is better than mine. If there is a delay for 8x it's very slight, if you delay too much they'll be grounded and if you delay too little you'll cross up.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
You need to delay the 8x quite a bit.

5A 5C is pretty hard to get consistent, but it does more damage than 5BB. You can do 5BB for consistency since it's easier, but it just sounds like you're not delaying things enough.

Also when you delay your 8x, you're letting them get pushed further away from you and be lower, so you won't cross up.

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »
mzenken on SRK uploaded a short video of C-Ryougi displaying 4 basic, yet effective combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcNy7WGYz9g

And the last one shows the custom combo you guys are talking about and watching it now just helped me out ALOT. I'm starting to see the timing for the 8Xs. Going to practice again right now. :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:26:08 PM by Ichipoo »

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 11:40:09 PM »
Hey guys I've picked up this character back in AA. Now looking to solidify as she may be my top character. Haven'nt see match videos of how expert like to use her. Though she seems to shine in big damaging, I'm very weak in that department and mostly rely on other stuff.

I'm more effective as turtle so what type of stuff does C-Ryougi have to complement this?

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 06:00:19 AM »
Hey guys I've picked up this character back in AA. Now looking to solidify as she may be my top character. Haven'nt see match videos of how expert like to use her. Though she seems to shine in big damaging, I'm very weak in that department and mostly rely on other stuff.

I'm more effective as turtle so what type of stuff does C-Ryougi have to complement this?
How about taking advantage of her normal's ranges to prevent your opponent from getting in your face? IIRC, 5B and 2B have decent range. I netplayed with a friend last night and was mostly using 5B and 2B in order to start combos and also to stay out of his 2A range.

But don't take my word for it, Linne and LivingShadow most likely have better advice for you.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »

If you're looking to keep your opponent at range 5b and 5c are your best options. 2b may look like it's a good poke, but it is much more unsafe than it looks because it extends your hitbox so far forward that all they need to do is hit the tip of your knife. 5b and 5c both have better vertical range and have clash frames on the top of the hitbox. 5c can be half charged to mess with your opponent's timing or full charged for an unblockable. 5b can be followed up with b on hit to push your opponent further away.

All of this said, C-Ryougi has a much easier time with rushdown than turtling. I would suggest Aoko for that type of strategy.

Here's some footage of Ieda's C-Ryougi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFkNRbxn7zI

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »
^ Same video LivingShadow recently posted, but with links that take you straight to footage of Ieda's C-Ryougi so you don't have to spend time skipping through the video looking for them.

NASA(C-PCiel) vs Ieda(C-Ryougi)
Yatagarasu(C-Satsuki) vs Ieda(C-Ryougi)
Danon(F-Kohaku) & Nootsu(C-Hisui) vs Ieda(C-Ryougi)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:38:10 AM by Ichipoo »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 10:07:13 AM »
To be honest, it's not Ieda's best gameplay. But he's the best C-Ryougi I've seen out of Japan.

Edit:
I'd also like to mention that they fixed a lot of C-Ryougi's glitchiness and changed the 421 series.

421c is no longer cancelable into jump normals it's only jump cancelable.
421b and 421c no longer require you to reverse the inputs for the IAD.
I can confirm that 421a and b are EX cancelable now.
OTG 6c no longer allows for the command followup and will put you in front of them every time.

The 421b and 421c confirm combos are now 421b IAD towards opponent j.bc j.236b/airthrow 3.2k, back towards corner 421b IAD towards opponent j.bc 236c j.bc d.j j.bc 236b 4.5k, or corner 421b IAD towards wall [delay] j.c (5c optional) j.bc d.j j.bc 236b/airthrow 4.1k

Corner combos now go like this:
2b5bb5c2c 2369b 5bb 214a 623b 623a 4.2k (623b needs to be done as soon as you land from 214a)
2b5bb5c2c 2369b 5bb 214a 623a 4.2k (623a needs a slight delay or else it will whiff)
2b5bb5c2c 2369b 5bb 214a 236c 4.5k (very slight delay on 236c after you land from 214a)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:11:49 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
Ieda's team just won a 3on3 tournament at gamesky today. Was on stream, watched his play.

he did a lot of new things. First off, he moves hella fast. Like it's hard to follow him.

for some ground confirms, did 2A 5BB 2B 5C 236B 236B 236B walk backwards IAD forward j.B(whiff). This creates a L/R situation (did some testing myself, this is legit)

As expected he did a ton of air combos into j.22B 2C into rekka oki or 623A oki.

He tends to go into rekkas a lot now, and will do w/e into 236B 236B 236C 214C j.B(whiff) 5B 5C air combo.  Or if he's in max after the j.B(whiff) he'll do 5A 236C (can probably get more damage into this)

He mixes it up with 421B which is confirmed into TKj.236B/C on hit.

He won with good spacing though. That's really what you should worry about, not combos.

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 02:30:37 AM »
@Ichipoo: Thats and excellent starting point. Her normals have range and tricks that can screw with ur opponent. These really help out by poor hit confirm ability.

@LivingShadow: Your right about 2b being unsafe but I still use hit as raw 2b into bnb nets major damage.  I've been using 5c BE against player with poor defensive game but I think good player will know how to deal with it so I should be subtle with it IMO. Aoko overwhelms me with her command set.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »
Ieda's team just won a 3on3 tournament at gamesky today. Was on stream, watched his play.

he did a lot of new things. First off, he moves hella fast. Like it's hard to follow him.

for some ground confirms, did 2A 5BB 2B 5C 236B 236B 236B walk backwards IAD forward j.B(whiff). This creates a L/R situation (did some testing myself, this is legit)
I've known about this for a while. Instead of what he does I do s.j9 44 j.c (whiff). What he does is a little harder to read because the mixup depends on both the spacing before the IAD and the height of the IAD.
He mixes it up with 421B which is confirmed into TKj.236B/C on hit.
As I posted above, there's a better confirm. You can get 4.5k off of this if you have meter.
He won with good spacing though. That's really what you should worry about, not combos.
Yeah, Ieda's spacing is godlike. I'd like to especially point out his IAD spacing. Notice how the airdash always ends either right in front of his opponent or right behind them. Both are within j.b's hitbox.

@LivingShadow: Your right about 2b being unsafe but I still use hit as raw 2b into bnb nets major damage.  I've been using 5c BE against player with poor defensive game but I think good player will know how to deal with it so I should be subtle with it IMO. Aoko overwhelms me with her command set.
2b isn't a horrible poke, but keep in mind what it does to your hitbox. I use it occasionally and I've clashed with heat activations with it.

BE5c is something just about everyone will fall for once. I'd suggest only pulling it out when you're sure they aren't expecting it.

If Aoko is too complicated Nero plays a similar game. But play whoever you're most comfortable with.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:31:10 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
I've known about this for a while. Instead of what he does I do s.j9 44 j.c (whiff). What he does is a little harder to read because the mixup depends on both the spacing before the IAD and the height of the IAD.
your mixup isn't nearly as good though. That one is actually really easy to see :/... the IAD one is harder to do, but definitely a lot harder to see. with more factors going into it.

As I posted above, there's a better confirm. You can get 4.5k off of this if you have meter.

Also your confirm is extremely spacing dependant. the j.236B/C can be done from any space so it's more-or-less universal. And the confirm would be IAD j.B j.C land j.B j.C dj.B j.C j.236B for 4.5k (on normal Sion) meterless...

If you want to use meter, sure use j.22C. I prefer to only use j.22C for creating oki though, so off of 421B tkj.22C you can get a 623A or 236B 236A 236A for oki. off any distance.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
your mixup isn't nearly as good though. That one is actually really easy to see :/... the IAD one is harder to do, but definitely a lot harder to see. with more factors going into it.
I did say that his was better. Mine depends on the timing of the backdash for a similar mixup.
Also your confirm is extremely spacing dependant. the j.236B/C can be done from any space so it's more-or-less universal. And the confirm would be IAD j.B j.C land j.B j.C dj.B j.C j.236B for 4.5k (on normal Sion) meterless...
You can probably bump it up to 5.5k if you use meter. I don't think the spacing is that restrictive, but there is an ideal range for it.
If you want to use meter, sure use j.22C. I prefer to only use j.22C for creating oki though, so off of 421B tkj.22C you can get a 623A or 236B 236A 236A for oki. off any distance.
You don't need to tk it anymore. 421b is EX cancelable now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:17:47 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline Zetseiba

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
Will be adding content to the first post as this thread goes on. 214A change fucks with us in the corner and it becomes character specific on who 2C will cross under or not. Really messes with us. However, we got buffed custom combos.

Current combos I'm using

2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C j.AAC land j.BC dj.BC j.236B

I've been trying out a variant where instead of j.AAC, you use j.C xx airdash j.C land.

I haven't been able to get it to connect though. Is it because I don't have the execution yet, or should I stop wasting my time?

This combo is great. I have a hard time recovering after the 4X whiff to actually followup though, is the timing strict on canceling 8X to 4X?
Philly's own OmegaNITRO.
C-Ciel/C/F-Arc/C-PCiel/F-Arch/C/F-Aoko/C-Ryougi/C-Sacchin/?-Tohno? I like too many characters...
Street Fighter Ace, Melty Blood scrub ;_;. I need a cooler avatar.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:29 AM »
Just keep trying if you think it'll work (it will also help your execution)

also the timing is a little strict, but not very. Do it too early and your 4x will hit, do it too late and the 5B will whiff. But you do want to do it more on the quick side