hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 1.07 C-Ryougi  (Read 49000 times)

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: 1.07 C-Ryougi
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
Here's a combo video crossuploaded from Nico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ITa8KiMWY

Not really anything new, the only thing I noticed is that 22c seems to allow the old wallbounce combos.

I'll probably be throwing up a combo video sometime, it will have the corner combos and variations that I came up with.

Edit: right here: http://youtu.be/VoLGFtqI2x8
Before Rei jumps on me, I know there's better versions of most of those out there but they're the ones I had the execution to record.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:43:47 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »
Airthrow combo is the one in the jourdal vid. 2C 5C 5BB air combo. And if you're going to do rekka combos, do the rekka loops (though they're hard :V)

Also you forgot the corner combos in to 214A 2C 2A(whiff) 2A 236A 236A 236A

imma jerk who judges too much!

edit: our biggest nerf :(
http://i.imgur.com/XaKVk.png
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:18:34 PM by Linne is the love of my life »
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »
Safejump Option Select after rekka oki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZECHiyPN5Y

edit: another corner combo with oki if doing 2C after 214A is proving to be too hard for you... Uses meter though

w/e into 2C 2369B 5BB 214A j.BC dj.BC j.22C 2C 22A(knifepickup) and you have oki. Just realized this after trying, but the knife goes right where your 2C ends up which was pretty neat. No mixup to say off it, but still interesting to note that you have it. Like if you get those far corner confirms where they're going to float too high after 214A but you're still in the corner during the j.B
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:02:35 PM by Linne is the love of my life »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »
Airthrow combo is the one in the jourdal vid. 2C 5C 5BB air combo. And if you're going to do rekka combos, do the rekka loops (though they're hard :V)

Also you forgot the corner combos in to 214A 2C 2A(whiff) 2A 236A 236A 236A

imma jerk who judges too much!

edit: our biggest nerf :(
http://i.imgur.com/XaKVk.png
That's why I didn't do the rekka combos. I personally don't like ending combos in rekkas, but it does produce good oki.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »
I dunno, safejump setup which beats almost ever reversal in the game is a pretty legit reason to use rekka enders... That and more damage + meter in the end.

Offline AM2

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 12:01:45 AM »
Can someone help me learn? the only combo I can do is 5C 2C 5BB j.BC j.BC j.236B or C  :nyoro:
Arguing on which FF game is best doesn't make sense to me.  It feels like you might as well be picking out who's the best schoolyard ball player of the kids who didn't get picked for either team.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 03:59:00 AM »
What are you having trouble with? Honestly, it's just lots and lots of grinding as far as combos go.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 07:39:16 AM »
Can someone help me learn? the only combo I can do is 5C 2C 5BB j.BC j.BC j.236B or C  :nyoro:
The first thing to go from there is to learn 2b5bb5c2c6c j.bc d.j j.bc j.236b.

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 01:49:23 PM »
The first thing to go from there is to learn 2b5bb5c2c6c j.bc d.j j.bc j.236b.
This.

For me personally, I'm still having trouble with the custom combo, 2Cing after j.22C, and 2369Bing mid combo.  :V
Back from a MB hiatus after 4 1/2 years.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »
For me personally, I'm still having trouble with the custom combo, 2Cing after j.22C, and 2369Bing mid combo.  :V
I can't really help you with the custom combo but:

2c after j.22c: hold 6 as you fall from the j.22c and until you need to 2c
2369b: first off make sure you can do it outside of combos. After that, check the input display to see what inputs you're missing.

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 03:47:57 AM »
So finally got to try MBAACC netplay and was dominated by the other plays. Something about it was just really off, I've dropped combos, and react slower. Though I still learned a few things. But I need help in these specific area.

Capitalizing on successful Bunker/ shield bunker
Ground to air scenarios
Safe oki
Mid/long range

I know these cant be generalize as match up needs to be consider but the overall concept of these with Ryougi is foreign to me.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »
So finally got to try MBAACC netplay and was dominated by the other plays. Something about it was just really off, I've dropped combos, and react slower. Though I still learned a few things. But I need help in these specific area.

Capitalizing on successful Bunker/ shield bunker
Ground to air scenarios
Safe oki
Mid/long range

I know these cant be generalize as match up needs to be consider but the overall concept of these with Ryougi is foreign to me.

Here's my thoughts:

Bunkers:
There's not really much you can do off of bunkers. The best I can think of is a 2c tech punish.

Ground to Air:
Depending on range you can go with 5c or 214c, maybe 5a. But keep in mind that those are both punishable. C-Ryougi's ground to air game is rather bad.

Oki:
The aforementioned safejump after 236a236a236a. You can also do things off of 236c. I'll also need to experiment with 623a to see what's safe. There's also the IAD crossup that Rei mentioned earlier.

Long range:
It's possible to use the knife, but all that nets is a knockdown. Your best option is to try to work your way around the projectiles with the various movement options that Ryougi has.

Offline Frustratedsquirrel

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 10:44:52 PM »
probably not really useful, but hitting a downed opponent with 5B and then immediately chaining that to 5[C] still forces the opponent up off the ground and into an unblockable without the usual chance of countering it via parry/dodge/backdash/whatever.

I used to do this just for fun in MBAA for a bit of unscaled damage at the end of a short combo, but I'm sure that if you have a hit there are much better things you could be doing.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
probably not really useful, but hitting a downed opponent with 5B and then immediately chaining that to 5[C] still forces the opponent up off the ground and into an unblockable without the usual chance of countering it via parry/dodge/backdash/whatever.

I used to do this just for fun in MBAA for a bit of unscaled damage at the end of a short combo, but I'm sure that if you have a hit there are much better things you could be doing.

set the dummy to down recovery -> forward you fucking scrub

edit: also shields are 0f startup

fake edit: also bdash is inv on wake

more fake edits: also opp can choose not to tech

super fake fraud edit: you are bad stop posting

let's keep going edits:

wakeup super
wakeup heat
wakeup dodge
wakeup last arc
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:03:06 PM by f-wlen 2b »
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 03:54:00 AM »
Translating that vat of bile:

Your opponent can tech after an OTG 5b so doing so will not guarantee a 5[c]. If you attempt that and your opponent techs properly you'll eat a ton of damage.

The most I've ever gotten off of an otg with Ryougi is 5bb5c, but that can now be extended into 5bb5c623c whatever (or at least in theory, I'm yet to test whether they can tech between 5c and 623c).

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 09:13:12 AM »
Hit 5b and j.B -> profit

Offline Frustratedsquirrel

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 10:31:06 PM »

let's keep going edits:

wakeup super
wakeup heat
wakeup dodge
wakeup last arc

Totally missed what I was trying to say -.-

Regardless of ground + down tech, I tested it pretty extensively with human players and dummy recording as 2p off a neutral tech. Shield, dodge and backdash are all easy escapes for ryougi's unblockables after a proper knockdown, I KNOW this, but off a down tech it seems like shielding it or dodging doesn't work. Just a weird quirk I found interesting, though not really practical because of the down tech directions. That is what i'm talking about here. I never claimed it was practical or useful.

Like, off a regular knockdown it's pretty easy to just shield the unblockable, backdash, whatever. The CPU won't do it but a human player can. Off a ground tech, I wasn't able to do the same thing, even with pausing/unpausing and switching between human and dummy.

I'm pretty damn sure I'm not just imagining things either, but it could also just me being completely ignorant about down tech properties. (most likely the case)

And yes, I may be terrible at this game (and unhealthily obsessed with gimmicky shit like Ryougi's unblockables), but how else am I going to learn if I don't ask? :/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:54:04 PM by Frustratedsquirrel »

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »
^Did you try setting the CPU to auto shield/dodge?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 02:16:44 AM »

let's keep going edits:

wakeup super
wakeup heat
wakeup dodge
wakeup last arc

Regardless of ground + down tech, I tested it pretty extensively with human players and dummy recording as 2p off a neutral tech. Shield, dodge and backdash are all easy escapes for ryougi's unblockables after a proper knockdown, I KNOW this, but off a down tech it seems like shielding it or dodging doesn't work. Just a weird quirk I found interesting, though not really practical because of the down tech directions. That is what i'm talking about here. I never claimed it was practical or useful.

Like, off a regular knockdown it's pretty easy to just shield the unblockable, backdash, whatever. The CPU won't do it but a human player can. Off a ground tech, I wasn't able to do the same thing, even with pausing/unpausing and switching between human and dummy.

I'm pretty damn sure I'm not just imagining things either, but it could also just me being completely ignorant about down tech properties. (most likely the case)

And yes, I may be terrible at this game (and unhealthily obsessed with gimmicky shit like Ryougi's unblockables), but how else am I going to learn if I don't ask? :/
Doesn't work, they can choose their tech after 5B OTG, it doesn't force them up or to not tech at all

Also unblockables in general are pretty easy to react to...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:18:50 AM by Rei »

Offline keobas

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:23 AM »
Thanks rei for the heads up.

Im still trying to find my own groove with this character since im very weak in her traditional game play.

I'm starting to realize I'm too predictable due to my poor offensive mix up game. So I've been focusing on safe offense tactic other than block strings. One that I particullay like is doing rekkas but preferably 236a/b-214d since 214d as super cancel able.

I'm surprise no one does 623c on otg scenarios, It lunches with some follow up potential if position appropriately.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:20:40 AM by keobas »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 03:54:21 AM »

Okay, I get what you're doing now. It's a neutral tech-punish. However, it will only work on a neutral tech, maybe a back tech if in the corner. If they forward tech (which puts them behind you) you'll eat a full combo for 3-5k depending on the character and how much meter they have.

I should also point out that if they don't tech, you'll just whiff.

I suppose it isn't the worst thing you could do in that situation, but if you have time to do that, you have time to do mixups.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 1.07 C-Ryougi
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 06:24:58 AM »
Thanks rei for the heads up.

Im still trying to find my own groove with this character since im very weak in her traditional game play.

I'm starting to realize I'm too predictable due to my poor offensive mix up game. So I've been focusing on safe offense tactic other than block strings. One that I particullay like is doing rekkas but preferably 236a/b-214d since 214d as super cancel able.

I'm surprise no one does 623c on otg scenarios, It lunches with some follow up potential if position appropriately.
You can also launch with 8x from custom combos, but i usually pick up my sweeps with a combo though. Also the 236b rekka ender is great for setting up a nice L/R mixup on oki.

Alao you mean 214c right? Only problem is that you can get bunker punished on superflash if you throw your knife (22c) or shielded on 214/421c

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:27:52 AM by Rei »

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:32 AM »

let's keep going edits:

wakeup super
wakeup heat
wakeup dodge
wakeup last arc

i'm quite aware of what you intend to do. it doesn't work.

this isn't arcana, you don't forcestand them like that. try playing real people instead of testing 1 setting on cpu dummy.
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »
i'm quite aware of what you intend to do. it doesn't work.

this isn't arcana, you don't forcestand them like that. try playing real people instead of testing 1 setting on cpu dummy.
No, it does work. But it isn't a combo, it's a neutral tech punish. The 5b puts them in a techable state after the otg, so, if they neutral tech the 5[c] hits them in the tech animation.

That said, it's not very reliable as a punish as if they do anything except neutral tech you're going to whiff.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:10:57 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
right, it "works" for the one situation and i listed like a dozen places it won't work, not to mention it's not going to be a situation that realistically comes up in actual gameplay most of the time. i hope anyone that actually plays c-ryougi realizes this
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa