When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Shiki Ryougi

1.07 H-Ryougi

<< < (2/28) > >>

MasaBlade:
^I think you went a little overboard lol. you make it sound like she's a garbage character right now and she's really not. if you really liked the character you wouldnt mind learning her new stuff; it'll be just as rewarding.

CPhame:
I didn't realize they nerfed her health.  Do you have a source?  And do you happen to know how much health Ryougi had in 1.05?  I crunched the numbers and came out with 11488 health (she had 11416 in the PS2 version). 

That's fucking sad.

Regardless, I don't think she's a glass cannon anymore.  More like a glass pistol.  That does hardly any damage.  Which is also sad, because that was the thing that made her worth playing.

I do agree with the point that you have to use meter more often now with her combos. The induction of j22C and OTG 236C prove it. Unfortunately it seems like her bread and butter combos give less meter now, and when you couple that fact with her wonky combos now...you get the picture.

2C doesn't feel slower to me.  It just feels like the hit box changed up.  I did notice after an hour's worth of training mode practicing tk236B > BB > 236B etc combo that if I delayed the tk motion and BB input, 2C hit the correct way.  Seems way too tight of a combo now, and equally risky if they can tech out of it.  No bueno.

On the plus side, 5A>6A is better, her air throw is comboable, and knife mind games are much, much better.  Even though it's early, I'd stick H-Ryougi at B tier, low A tier for what it's worth.

weika:
Who has the highest defense btw?

I used Ryougi due to her weird hitbox, if it works on her then that's good for me. I just tested the same combo on Kouma, Ciel, Nero and a few others. Dmg is around 4.6-9k, probably gonna be ~4.3k when fully mashed.

EDIT: Fusui is awesome, why haven't I seen this guy sooner. :psyduck:

LivingShadow:

--- Quote from: weika on January 02, 2012, 01:22:18 AM ---Who has the highest defense btw?

I used Ryougi due to her weird hitbox, if it works on her then that's good for me. I just tested the same combo on Kouma, Ciel, Nero and a few others. Dmg is around 4.6-9k, probably gonna be ~4.3k when fully mashed.

EDIT: Fusui is awesome, why haven't I seen this guy sooner. :psyduck:

--- End quote ---
Highest defense is Akiha.

I think Fusui usually plays C-Aoko, but he did rather well with H-Ryougi.

Greg:

--- Quote from: CPhame on January 02, 2012, 12:53:00 AM ---I didn't realize they nerfed her health.  Do you have a source?  And do you happen to know how much health Ryougi had in 1.05?  I crunched the numbers and came out with 11488 health (she had 11416 in the PS2 version). 

--- End quote ---

There was an updated defense value chart floating around IRC.

Her defense values in PS2 were:
1.05,1 ,.95, .95
Pretty sure 1.05 was:
1.05, .97, .89, .86
They're now:
1.05, 1.02, 0.98, 0.95

--- Quote from: CPhame on January 02, 2012, 12:53:00 AM ---On the plus side, 5A>6A is better, her air throw is comboable, and knife mind games are much, much better.  Even though it's early, I'd stick H-Ryougi at B tier, low A tier for what it's worth.

--- End quote ---
Air throw being combo-able is a universal change.

--- Quote from: MasaBlade on January 02, 2012, 12:42:41 AM ---^I think you went a little overboard lol. you make it sound like she's a garbage character right now and she's really not. if you really liked the character you wouldnt mind learning her new stuff; it'll be just as rewarding.

--- End quote ---

She's not garbage, she's just really unremarkable. If you want to stick with her because you have character love, you'll probably do alright. But if you want to pick a character that has a lot to offer, I'd probably start looking elsewhere.

I also completely forgot to rant about her arc-drive changes as well. No longer does she have her awesome tick ex command throw arc drive thing, it's just the same old knife user arc drive. It's so easy to jump out of it makes me :emo:. I don't want to just yell USELESS!!! without actually trying to hit people with it but... come' on...

According to Livingshadow, Ryougi also has a normal wake up speed now.

She's just not nearly as interesting or as gay as she used to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version