When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 1.07 H-Ryougi  (Read 53512 times)

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
Re: 1.07 H-Ryougi
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
Hey, that's good to know.  And also, instead of 4c -> [22a 2c 3c 22a 2c 3c 5c]*n, did you mean 4c -> [22a 2c 3c 22a 2a 2c 3c 5c]*n?

Yes.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hp5ZzSrLEA
The 4th clip shows the loop in action. That same variant also works on Ries as well.

It's kinda silly how F-Ryougi got these damage buffs and H-Ryougi got damage nerfs and they fucked her 214A combos up so hard. I don't mind the removal of 3C loop but messing with 214A was going overboard imo. It's so annoying. But what can you do? I still find H infinitely more enjoyable to play than F but seeing F makes me go mreh and I wonder if investing all the time into this character will be worth it down the road. Fusui is the only H-Ryougi player I've seen so far and all we can use for reference it seems.

+Heat.

Those were some sexy combos.  And yeah, it does suck that 214A got nerfed (along with a whole bunch of other things non-combo related) but on the plus side at least we have new combos to play with.  Although most of that had to do with the new knife pickup properties.

F is...simple.  Well rounded, and basic.  I won't deny she's a bit more straight-forward to play compared to H, but you have to admit she really needed all that stuff.  Her PS2 version was really lacking.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »
The 4th clip shows the loop in action. That same variant also works on Ries as well.

It's kinda silly how F-Ryougi got these damage buffs and H-Ryougi got damage nerfs and they fucked her 214A combos up so hard. I don't mind the removal of 3C loop but messing with 214A was going overboard imo. It's so annoying. But what can you do? I still find H infinitely more enjoyable to play than F but seeing F makes me go mreh and I wonder if investing all the time into this character will be worth it down the road. Fusui is the only H-Ryougi player I've seen so far and all we can use for reference it seems.

To be fair, her damage was really high last game. If your opponent guessed wrong like twice, and you didn't drop the soap, they were basically dead.

Offline weika

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • (´з`)y-~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »

To be fair, her damage was really high last game. If your opponent guessed wrong like twice, and you didn't drop the soap, they were basically dead.

Gotta agree with that, her damage was pretty high.

HF already posted a video but yeah, loops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCXAnepwJ9U
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:38:51 PM by weika »

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »

Gotta agree with that, her damage was pretty high.

HF already posted a video but yeah, loops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCXAnepwJ9U

Oh, that's HF? Too many name changes on this forum.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
+Heat.

Those were some sexy combos.  And yeah, it does suck that 214A got nerfed (along with a whole bunch of other things non-combo related) but on the plus side at least we have new combos to play with.  Although most of that had to do with the new knife pickup properties.

F is...simple.  Well rounded, and basic.  I won't deny she's a bit more straight-forward to play compared to H, but you have to admit she really needed all that stuff.  Her PS2 version was really lacking.
All things considered, I can live without the 3C loop and the lower damage. But the 214A change is the one thing that steams my beans the most. Not being able to tick into arc drive kinda hurts too. New combos to use aren't a bad thing but it does feel like a hassle at times having to learn SO much character-specific material. F was the style I started with back in PS2 and yeah she was really lacking and the changes she got in 1.07 do help but seem really crazy at the same time given how the game has changed since then.

Yeah it's me. :psyduck:  I was wondering when you'd start posting in here.

Damage in general was pretty high in PS2. And by the same token, if she guessed wrong twice, the Red Cross would be right around the corner. Remember the times we played the H-Ries and H-Ryougi match? :V I'm starting to have flashbacks. Feels like a lifetime ago.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 11:28:12 PM »
Yeah... Those matches ended pretty quickly. She seems like a more rounded character now. Not sure if that's for better or worse now. I think she's still pretty viable okay now with her 4.5k combos off of hit confirms. Also, what's average combo damage in this game anyway?

Edited for truth.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:27:09 AM by Nandeyanen »

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 12:48:55 AM »
Average damage varies.  I'd say anywhere between 4.3k to 5.1k maybe?  Don't quote me on that.

Updated first post.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 04:24:05 AM »
Just looked over the changes, and I am now saddened.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:58:02 AM by Nandeyanen »

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012, 10:58:34 AM »
Sorry for the late reply but thanks to those who responded to my question regarding the differences between H and C. I'm still deciding which Moon to play seriously though. :psyduck:

However, I'd like to learn more about F if possible but no thread containing information on it exists. :(
Back from a MB hiatus after 4 1/2 years.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
FRyougi is like fishing. You sit back and get counter hits with your silly 5B. And then you land 5k combos for no effort. And then you do it again until you get a bucket of fish and you can start grilling them. But if a fish jumps out of the water and tries to eat you, you have drop your rod and hide behind a tree until the fish needs to go back in the water to breath.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »
FRyougi is like fishing. You sit back and get counter hits with your silly 5B. And then you land 5k combos for no effort. And then you do it again until you get a bucket of fish and you can start grilling them. But if a fish jumps out of the water and tries to eat you, you have drop your rod and hide behind a tree until the fish needs to go back in the water to breath.

You forgot about j.B
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »
Manly man Fryougurt only 5Bs. j.B requires effort.

On a serious note, I don't know if they changed the hitbox or the timing or I'm simply even worse than before, but I get counter hit out of j.B a lot more than before.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »
j.B and j.C's hitboxes are strictly worse
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »

:fap: :fap: :fap:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:55:39 PM by Ichipoo »

Offline weika

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • (´з`)y-~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »
FRyougi is like fishing. You sit back and get counter hits with your silly 5B. And then you land 5k combos for no effort. And then you do it again until you get a bucket of fish and you can start grilling them. But if a fish jumps out of the water and tries to eat you, you have drop your rod and hide behind a tree until the fish needs to go back in the water to breath. and j.B

Fyougi in a nutshell. :V

I guess there's no need for a Fyougi thread then?  :nyoro:

Offline Ichipoo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 刑事メイド ルキア! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
FRyougi is like fishing. You sit back and get counter hits with your silly 5B. And then you land 5k combos for no effort. And then you do it again until you get a bucket of fish and you can start grilling them. But if a fish jumps out of the water and tries to eat you, you have drop your rod and hide behind a tree until the fish needs to go back in the water to breath. and j.B

Fyougi in a nutshell. :V

I guess there's no need for a Fyougi thread then?  :nyoro:
Guess not? lol :psyduck:

Just have someone post mixups, combos, Oki situations in F-Ryougi's section and I think we're good. ;)

Offline Theta Sigma

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »
Uh, sorry for my confuse post , i have already fix the problem with the loop.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:47:23 PM by Theta Sigma »

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2012, 11:36:39 AM »
If you could re-edit your entire sentence for clarification, I might be able to help you out.  I don't have a clue as to what you're having problems with.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2012, 10:03:48 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier about having problems with Ryougi's air game -- namely, being counterhit often.  I've had that problem quite a lot too.  Her hitboxes are pretty tame now, so trying to properly space in the air against characters with 5 frame j.A moves is much harder now than before.  I used to try to fish for counterhits in the air by spacing with j.6B back in AA, but that strategy doesn't work all that great in 1.07.

The solution?

Not sure if there is one, sadly.  Fortunately, j.236B is still an amazing aerial special with a generous hitbox and a 9 nine frame startup.  I'm starting to use that more to train people to be more hesitant when going air-to-air against Ryougi.  The problem with that though is that if blocked, you run the risk of being punished.

j.22B might be worth more value now, considering it jumps back a bit.  Throwing the knife away for a potential air counterhit...but I'm not sure if that's a good idea for a measly combo.

The other strategy is to simply out space people.  If you watch Fuusui, he does this a lot.  Don't press buttons when they're close by and definitely don't try to counter attack when you're in a bad position -- just run away to safety.  I don't know why French Bread gave her the worst set of air-to-ground normals out of the entire cast.  Every other character in the game has at least one move that hits below them. 

Just my two cents.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:06:01 PM by CPhame »
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:51 PM »
The other strategy is to simply out space people.  If you watch Fuusui, he does this a lot. Don't press buttons when they're close by and definitely don't try to counter attack when you're in a bad position -- just run away to safety.  I don't know why French Bread gave her the worst set of air-to-ground normals out of the entire cast.  Every other character in the game has at least one move that hits below them. 

Just my two cents.

So... Hryougi has to play like every other character in the game now?

Awesome.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Theta Sigma

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2012, 05:29:28 AM »
Are There more videos os Fusui in 1.07? i only saw that was posted on the 1st page.

Offline MasaBlade

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
what do you guys think is her best oki after an airthrow?
H-Ryougi gang or get your anus knifed~

Offline LuminAbyss

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Page
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
I usually do A rekka, since it's fast and covers a lot of space. I kinda stole it from watching Japanese players pfft.
Shout outs to hitboxes the size of walls.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2012, 03:49:09 AM »
I've been doing that long before the Jap players have been. Sometimes I throw out 623b, because I can and people forget it's a low.