When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: A Guide to 63214C, by Darcius  (Read 4450 times)

Offline Darcius

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Mustaine Danjin Ken!
    • View Profile
A Guide to 63214C, by Darcius
« on: August 19, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »
What is 63214C?

63214C is a move which enters you into a dashing state. Once into this dashing state, any attack that you may hit will begin the attack portion of the EX. There are five distinct attacks in this mode, and their operation varies only by which direction is pressed in combination with the attack key. A, B, and C all do identical things. All attacks cancel into all other attacks, EVEN ON WHIFF, making this EX a kind of "custom combo" EX.  

What is it's use?

63214C is mainly used to force damage on the enemy. You do not have high damage combos off of it, but you do have a very repetitive repetoire of an overhead, low, two mids, and a launcher which you can use to cause near unavoidable (but low) damage on people. If you land a knockdown and your opponent is near death or about to be guardbroken, use this to finish them off. Ofcourse, it takes 100% meter to use, so think before you use it.

Firstly, there is 2. I will refer to it as "2" because in this EX, 2a, 2b, and 2c all do identical things. 2 is a crouching kick, which slides you forward a small amount, deals 200 damage, and knocks down on hit. This is the fastest attack in 63214C, as there is room for approximately 12-13, possibly 14 of these in the EX. Since it hits low, you use this in combination with other attacks (see 6) to force damage on people, which is one of two uses for this EX.

Secondly, there is 4. 4 is a moderately fast slashing attack with moderate forward movement. It deals 400 damage. The attack's pushback is overcome by it's forward movement, allowing it to be chained into itself for the entire length of the chain. However, as this hits Mid, it's only notable use is guardcrushing people whose bars are low (at 1/2 to 1/3rd). It is fast enough to fit 10 of these attacks in the EX.

Next, we have 5. 5 is a Mid-hitting, forward moving attack which looks nearly identical to Ryougi's rekkas. It is equally as fast, if not a slight bit slower than 4. This move moves a very far distance forward, hits mid, and deals 500 damage. If you get pushed out too far to do anything else, this is what you use. It gets you back into range (and back to guard crushing your victim).

8 is the launcher. Use it to hit people that are trying to get out of the chain. It is an upward moving cut which launches the opponent and does 700 damage. It is as fast as 5. It has 0 pushback and slight forward movement, but it's launching nature prevents it from connecting if chained into itself more than twice. Good for breaking guards, but so is pretty much every other attack in this EX.

Lastly is 6. 6 is a hard hitting 1100 damage overhead. It is the highest damage attack in the EX. Combos into all other attacks, but nothing combos into it. If you land this at the start of the EX, then mash 5 until the last hit and do 2 as the last hit, and pick up oki from there. Its probably the best damage you're going to get out of this EX.

There is also D. Hitting D during the EX will "begin" the chain, stopping your running, and it evades attacks. If someone tries to hit you out of the run do this into 2 or 6 and go from there. You can also use this inbetween the attacks in the combo, so if somebody tries to bunker or shield counter, then mash this until it goes off.

When performing this attack, Ryougi yells "TANOSHIME!" (楽しめ), meaning  "Enjoy!"

Use this EX to serve up a can of whoop ass.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:18:52 PM by Darcius »
You're already going to wake up dead.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
Re: A Guide to 63214C, by Darcius
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:22:42 PM »
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't using this attack the equivalent of saying PLEASE SHIELD BUNKER ME
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline Darcius

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Mustaine Danjin Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:36:21 PM »
It pretty much is. D is the only thing preventing them from bunkering it.
You're already going to wake up dead.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »
I guess with careful staggering and some yomi you could probably bait and punish bunkers but i don't feel like spending 100% on a forward run when i could just bait and punish bunkers for free, probably for more damage
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »
While this is a really cool looking EX custom combo, I find it 1) very impractical 2) broken by a jump 3) too weak to justify the loss of 100% meter.

Do this at the end of the round where every little bit of damage counts, if it comes down to it or if forcing a guard break upon your opponent. On a run with this, you can break about 20-25% guard meter. If you are going to use this, use it up close against your opponent, if you give them time to jump, your meter is wasted for nothing. The range of the 8 is fairly large, but can be anticipated by any jumping opponent. Overall, I highly disprove of using this anywhere in an actual fight whether it be casual or serious.

After messing around with this a bit, the highest damage I could get from a full combo is 2700, any of Ryougi's other B&B (meterless) pull damage output of at least 3300.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline manastorm

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »
is there a video for this?

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:24 AM »
Here's a lot of combo potential with this move that it seems you guys haven't found yet. Mostly in the first half of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHIR1p98WaQ

Those look practical to me, and don't require setup or anything. Great damage for the meter.

Rejoice, we found something to match H-moon's sweep loops. This moon style is worth playing again.
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 06:46:01 AM »
63214C gives out C-Ryougi's highest damage combos... It's easy to do in the corner, and with proper spacing in midscreen, you can combo into 63214C for like, a 5k damage midscreen combo or some shit.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
Here's a lot of combo potential with this move that it seems you guys haven't found yet. Mostly in the first half of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHIR1p98WaQ

Those look practical to me, and don't require setup or anything. Great damage for the meter.

Rejoice, we found something to match H-moon's sweep loops. This moon style is worth playing again.

old video is still very epic.

yeah, this was posted in the C-Ryougi thread. I acknowledged the importance of learning the 63214C loop for Ryougi in that thread.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!