When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: C-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread  (Read 77700 times)

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: C-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
Some more musings from playing around:

214b:

I've been trying out using it in blockstrings. It isn't too bad as a hi-lo mixup but if they block it you'd better be ready. My usual blockstring using 214b is: 2b5bb5c2c6c... 214b/2c. It's not amazing but it gets the job done for me.

214c:

As I said earlier 214c is probably your best choice for antiair. It absolutely rapes characters who airdash (ex. Kohaku, Nero) but it's a bit harder to get in against those with a momentum airdash (for lack of a better word, ex. V.Sion, Sacchin). If you can predict a superjump you're basically guaranteed a combo.

The 421 series:

Gimmicks but don't underestimate their usefulness since they're all overheads and air unblockable. They can also get you out of the corner if you need it. 421b and c don't force you to land so you can pull some tricks like Akiha's flametounges or throw in a j.b before you land. Warning: When using 421c at long range it strikes just before your opponent so if they're just crouching in place it will whiff. Blame Ryougi for jumping too early.

Midscreen blockstrings:

Ryougi has some rather long blockstrings to begin with. Although when outside the corner she has a few more options. 236b214b236c crosses up and adds a stagger to the blockstring, although the recovery from the third hit might be a problem. 623a/b cross up and hit low but again the recovery might be a problem even though you should be out of their range after crossing up (Except against Nero).

Feel free to critique/berate/make fun of any of this.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:15:11 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »
for her rekkas is their anything really useful there? I mean some of these look mediocre when tied in between blockstrings. Also, are there any real uses for 623 A/b/C? Long range punisher? Is their even anything to punish from afar in this game? lol Do you guys know how safe it is on block though?

Also, corner combos? I see various ones listed, which are recommended? I notice instead of going into air combos for some you can start mixups.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2010, 09:17:19 AM »
I'm picking up C-Ryougi as an alt. Good shit in this thread so far, fellas.

I pretty much know 2 combos with Ryougi so far:

Mid-screen bnb: 2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C 6C J.BC air dash J.C J.BC J.236B (4.4k)
Corner bnb: 2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C TK J.236B 5BB 214A 623B 236C (4.7k w/ good knockdown)

In response to Lane's post, I don't know much about this character, but the corner bnb above is probably the best/most practical, so try that one out.

I'm noticing C-Ryougi's J.236B seems to always add a shit ton of damage. Off of one deep J.C in the corner, she gets close to 5k meterless.
Silly combo: J.C J.236B land 5A 5C J.BC J.BC J.236B does like 4.8k.  :o This character has some pretty ridiculous damage.

Silly combos aside, what combos should I look into learning next?
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2010, 09:45:42 AM »
The corner setups are a good choice. A simple one is 2b 5bb 5c 2c 6c 236c, More advanced (corner) is 2b 5bb 5c 2c 6c 2369b 5bb 214a 2c 5c 236c.

@Rekkas: They aren't bad in blockstrings, if fully blocked it's at worst a reset most of the time. As Rei said earlier it's a launcher that's easy to go into from a blockstring.

@623: I think they have blockstring potential since they hit low. I personally use them as a dash-in/launcher (623b 2c5c j.bc j.bc j.236b does around 3k). It's not overly risky on block but that doesn't mean that there is no risk to it. A 2a could probably catch you while you're still recovering.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2010, 10:16:14 AM »
my bad I meant the overhead part in the rekkas, and the sweep.

Also, yah, Lord, I guess its either that corner combo or the one that goes into an air combo.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:21:59 AM by Lane »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »
Ah.

The overhead is actually fairly good. For some reason people still forget to block it high sometimes. The sweep is less useful and I hardly use it; however, I think it has potential as a blockstring ender.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
Ah.

The overhead is actually fairly good. For some reason people still forget to block it high sometimes. The sweep is less useful and I hardly use it; however, I think it has potential as a blockstring ender.
No, it's not good. Only people who have no experience against C-Ryougi will miss the block. Otherwise, they'll know that you can only have a mid OR high attack on the 2nd attack for the rekka. it's VERY easy to block or even MASH it. I advise not using rekkas in your normal blockstrings.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:05:08 PM by Rei »
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2010, 12:00:30 PM »
Ah.

No, it's not good. Only people who have no experience against C-Ryougi will miss the block. Otherwise, they'll know that you can only have a mid OR high attack on the 2nd attack for the rekka. it's VERY easy to block or even MASH it. I advise not using rekkas in your normal blockstrings.

I'll respectfully disagree, while it is easy to block that isn't a reason to stop using it.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »
Ah.

I'll respectfully disagree, while it is easy to block that isn't a reason to stop using it.

Not only is it easy to shield and block (even on reaction), but you also lose all your momentum and reset to a neutral situation.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »
Ah.

You can get mashed out of (2)214A/B/C and all it does is leave you in neutral if they block all of your rekkas. (3)236C is unsafe on block though :(. Remember, C-Ryougi is a pressure based character. She's not very sturdy, you might as well do whiff cancels and do more sexy pressure and guard bar damage since she's REALLY good at it. It's better if you're on offense

For earlier posts:

As for 623A/B. they're good for punishing backdash on wakeup and random neutral stuff like if Mecha is spamming jetpacks or a lot of other stuff. Use very sparingly, but use 623B. It knocks them into the air and you can relaunch whether or not it's a counter hit. 623A just knocks them to the ground.

As for how safe 623A/B are, well... They aren't if you're next to your opponent. The only way to make them safe is to perfectly cancel it into 236C (which I've actually done and got a counter hit off of  :toot:) Do it too late and they can poke you.

I'm picking up C-Ryougi as an alt. Good shit in this thread so far, fellas.

I pretty much know 2 combos with Ryougi so far:

Mid-screen bnb: 2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C 6C J.BC air dash J.C J.BC J.236B (4.4k)
Corner bnb: 2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C TK J.236B 5BB 214A 623B 236C (4.7k w/ good knockdown)

In response to Lane's post, I don't know much about this character, but the corner bnb above is probably the best/most practical, so try that one out.

I'm noticing C-Ryougi's J.236B seems to always add a shit ton of damage. Off of one deep J.C in the corner, she gets close to 5k meterless.
Silly combo: J.C J.236B land 5A 5C J.BC J.BC J.236B does like 4.8k.  :o This character has some pretty ridiculous damage.

Silly combos aside, what combos should I look into learning next?

Nigga didn't I teach you that shit at NEC? lol

Also yes, that corner BnB is the best one for oki setup and I suggest you use it almost EVERY time, but if you need the damage for the kill, use the Custom combo loop. which will do about 6k damage.

j.236B is a good ender for damage, but I tend to do air grab because you CAN do meaty d.5B or 2C on their wakeup. d.5B is safe from heat as well, haven't tested burst though. Though you can still use j.236B as an ender and try to chase them in the air, but any good player can get away and the game will be in neutral again instead of ideally on offense.

For what you should learn next are the Sandoori setups for the corner combo. I'm currently writing it up for the wiki, but there are SEVERAL ways to perform sandoori in the corner after 236C. A lot of it is height dependant (where you need to watch the height at which you 5BB in the combo and where they are vertically after 236C). Also learn corner -> corner combos. Like if you're in the corner and do 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C 22A 5BB 214A sj9.BC dj.BC airthrow puts them in the corner with the use of your knife. Though I'm currently working on some different midscreen combos that will probably do less damage, but give you better position.

I'm also re-writing the C-Ryougi wiki. I have hitbox screenshots for all attacks and frame data for a lot of them. I just don't know the +/- on blocks, but I'll say what I do know on there.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:15:01 PM by Rei »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
Most of the time I use the rekkas to end a blockstring (the standard 236b236b236b(maybe a)). (3)236c is rather unsafe on block but it becomes safer (in my opinion at least) when used midscreen.

I'll agree with you on 623a/b, but again things change at midscreen due to the crossup properties.

Of course, I've probably been playing less than you two so... you're probably more accurate.

Rei, I'm going to need to get some matches against you sometime.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2010, 01:19:56 PM »
yaaah, I gotta practice that genei jin thingy. I actually do it better midscreen  ???

Also, yah I 623B up close didn't seem like a good idea :D As far as knives go, is it good to blow during blockstrings or should I just keep them at hand for scoring CHs?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2010, 01:23:24 PM »
I'd suggest using the knife for keeping pressure up in blockstrings.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
yaaah, I gotta practice that genei jin thingy. I actually do it better midscreen  ???

Also, yah I 623B up close didn't seem like a good idea :D As far as knives go, is it good to blow during blockstrings or should I just keep them at hand for scoring CHs?

Blockstrings and keeping the enemy afraid. Hitting people with 22[A] is hilarious

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2010, 12:30:56 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I have all of the data up for C-Ryougi's normals and specials (except for 421C and I guessed the red damage on Last arc to be 10k since it kills ALL red HP, bite me)

http://mbaa.mizuumi.net/index.php/Shiki_Ryougi

Please go ahead and read + edit anything I may have overlooked.

Currently working on the combos section.

edit: I also added hitboxes for EVERY normal and just about every special.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:52:18 PM by Rei »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
Triple post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmMKZ_dy4Rw#t=1m44s

Gotta work on this timing... 5BB clash C-Nanaya shoryu :o

Later on with 236C, I did 29 44 8 (superjump airdash back double jump)to cross up his DP input.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:34:25 PM by Rei »

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2010, 10:16:18 PM »
I think I just turned C-Ryougi into a troll character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE2YTqUv8Q

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »
I'm certain that's not DP proof. Wakeup backdash should beat that too.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2010, 02:42:16 AM »
Wakeup shield could also cause problems for that strategy.

That said, I don't know if shielding would actually work. My best guess is that any EX with invincibility would allow you to get out of it.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »
Oh yeah, definitely. It's not solid at all. Wake-up bunker is the easiest thing I found that beats it. Most DPs and backdashes will work too, though sometimes backdash goes the wrong way and you just end up neutral.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
Shield, backdash, dp, reversal, all beat it. Bad idea, but funny lol

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2010, 06:04:32 PM »
After seeing it used in Shlopoke's vid 421c looks very safe for use in blockstrings. You can jump out of it if you need to on both shield and block (although that won't save you from everything).

I also tested a bit, it is possible to combo off of, 421c j.c dj. j.b j.c j236b/c works and does around 3.9 k.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2010, 11:42:42 AM »
After seeing it used in Shlopoke's vid 421c looks very safe for use in blockstrings. You can jump out of it if you need to on both shield and block (although that won't save you from everything).

I also tested a bit, it is possible to combo off of, 421c j.c dj. j.b j.c j236b/c works and does around 3.9 k.

Not it's not safe. People can dodge (2AB) and it whiffs. no jump cancelling. You can 421B in block strings as well, but it's REALLY gimmicky and VERY risky

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »
421b leaves a larger opening than 421c and you can't cancel it into an aerial attack. On dodge you have enough time to block after landing, at least from the testing I've been doing.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2010, 12:49:35 PM »
Are you guys absolutely sure that 421c can be sidestepped? I haven't done extensive testing or anything, but did you try it after 214 rekka ender like I did in my vid? It really felt like they were stuck in block stun until after I landed, since the 200%-meter H-moon dummy only went into heat after I landed.

Noticed you can do some weird tricks with that move if the opponent is near the corner when I found that blockstring. After 421c hits you can delay the cancel and do j.c to get a weird crossup since it drags them in. Maybe that was only for a short character like White Len though.