When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: C-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread  (Read 77685 times)

Offline Cantabile

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • ~"Hah hah hah....Loser." -Yuri, Tales of Vesperia
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Clans
Re: C-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »
The fact that I'm biased towards Crescent Styles already helps.

Lol, me too.
~"I can't concentrate with you talking all the time!" "Well, I can't concentrate without talking! Sooo...we're kinda stuck." -Flynn & Yuri, Tales of Vesperia

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2010, 07:46:58 AM »
I was playing around with C-Ryougi and found some cool knife combos that I haven't seen anyone use. All damage is on V.Sion

Anywhere on Screen

Basic Knife BnB:
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, 6c, 22a, 5bb, 5c, j.bc, dj.bc236b
(4,508 damage)
If you airdash between the j.bc and dj.bc you can get on the other side of them and should have enough time to run up to the knife and grab it before they land. Compare to the basic knifeless bnb: 2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, 6c, j.bc, airdash c, dj.bc236b, which does 4,310 damage.

Full Screen to Midscreen

High Damage + Knife Pickup
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, 6c, 22a, 2a, 2c, 623b, 2c, 5c, 5bb, j.bc, sdj.abc236b
(4,720 damage)
Does pretty good damage and you end up landing close enough to the knife to dash forward quickly and pick it up. Unfortunately, 22a -> 2a -> 2c doesn't work on all of the cast.

Knife Pickup + Oki
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, 6c, 22a, 2a, 2c, 623b, 2c, 623a.
(4,041 damage)
Lands you right on the knife with just enough time to pick it up and IAD j.c at them on wakeup. You can also choose to end the combo with 236c or 623c for more damage and different oki options, like leaving the knife and going for a sandoori.

Corner

All of the corner combos start with this:
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, TKj.236b, 5bb, 214a, 2c, (delay)5c, 22a...
There are a variety of ways to end it.

Meterless High Damage + Oki
... 2a, 2c, 236a, 236a, 236a
(5,250 Damage)
Doesn't work on the entire cast. Omit the 2c to get it to work on everyone for 5,100 damage.

High Damage + Better Oki
...2a, 2c, (slight delay)5c, 236c
(5,525 damage)
Possibility for sandoori afterward. Doesn't work on the entire cast. Omit the 2c and 5c to get it to work on everyone for 5,259 damage.

High Damage + Airthrow
...2a, 2c, 5c, 5bb, 214c, dj.bc, airthrow
(5,547 damage)
In case you wanted to try an arc drive setup afterward or wanted the airthrow for whatever reason. You can omit the 2c to get it to work on everyone for 5,424 damage.

63214c Ender + Oki
...2a, 2c, 5c, 63214c, 8c, 6c, 8c, 6c, 8c, 6c, 4c.
(5,780 damage)
Even higher damage and looks awesome. Omit 2c to get it to work on everyone for 5,692 damage.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:50:05 AM by Shlowpoke »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »
I'm not a big fan of using knives in combos since I like to have Oki and prefer to just use them in pressure/blockstrings. The combos look pretty good.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
This is really something that works for all Ryougi styles, but I'm just going to post it here anyway.

You know how Ryougi's forward air dash is really long and takes forever to come down unless you cancel it with a move? Well, you can fake an IAD aerial by canceling the air dash with grab. It drops Ryougi straight down, and if you hold forward for a frame as you land you won't have any lag and you can go right into 2a. Seems to work great after a 623a knockdown or after j.c -> airdash pressure.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2010, 08:46:06 PM »
This is really something that works for all Ryougi styles, but I'm just going to post it here anyway.

You know how Ryougi's forward air dash is really long and takes forever to come down unless you cancel it with a move? Well, you can fake an IAD aerial by canceling the air dash with grab. It drops Ryougi straight down, and if you hold forward for a frame as you land you won't have any lag and you can go right into 2a. Seems to work great after a 623a knockdown or after j.c -> airdash pressure.

Interesting find Shlowpoke, I'll do some testing.

and that holding forward trick didn't work for me. vids of it?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:27:12 PM by Rei »

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »
I don't have any way to record. =/

I should have been more specific when I said "forward." It doesn't work if you hold 3 as you land. You have to go to 6 when you're actually on the ground. The easiest way to see it is to try it like this: IAD and hold 6, grab to cancel the air dash, then land and grab again. Hold 6 the whole time and you should be able to grab as soon as you land.

The input for doing a fake IAD to 2a is like this: 6896, slight delay, 6e, (land), 632a. You could also think of the last part as 6e32a, since it can be done in one motion.

Offline Sima Matty

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2010, 02:45:32 PM »

Does this work for every character or is it Ryougi exclusive?

Also, I'm too lazy to test it out, but does ex rekka loop work on everyone?

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2010, 10:24:02 AM »
I don't have any way to record. =/

I should have been more specific when I said "forward." It doesn't work if you hold 3 as you land. You have to go to 6 when you're actually on the ground. The easiest way to see it is to try it like this: IAD and hold 6, grab to cancel the air dash, then land and grab again. Hold 6 the whole time and you should be able to grab as soon as you land.

The input for doing a fake IAD to 2a is like this: 6896, slight delay, 6e, (land), 632a. You could also think of the last part as 6e32a, since it can be done in one motion.

Now since you can record show me :D

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »
Now since you can record show me :D
xD

I do it at 1:55 in my combo video, though it's a fraction of a second slower than it could be. That was a hard clip to make so I didn't kill myself to get a frame-perfect 2a after landing.

Does this work for every character or is it Ryougi exclusive? Also, I'm too lazy to test it out, but does ex rekka loop work on everyone?
The principle should work for other chars, but it would only be really useful if they have an extremely long air dash like Ryougi.
What's ex rekka loop? :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:41:43 AM by Shlowpoke »

Offline Sima Matty

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2010, 03:03:44 PM »
ex rekka loop is 2B 5BB 5C 63214C (8 6 8 6 8 4) 5BB jBC jBC > air throw/236B/236C

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2010, 02:44:06 AM »
ex rekka loop is 2B 5BB 5C 63214C (8 6 8 6 8 4) 5BB jBC jBC > air throw/236B/236C
This or if you can get the height right every time, replace 5BB with 5A 5C cause it does a little bit more damage, though 5BB is the easiest to start out with. The damage is almost negligible.

Shlowpoke, not to be a dick, but a fraction of a second can mean everything, I would have to see a video where it completely cancels, or I can just get poked out of it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:16:16 PM by Rei »

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2010, 05:32:58 PM »
Question, are the knives effective at fishing counter hits while grounded against aerial opponents? Like in training mode I could get dash up anti air 5b --> air combo. Just wondering cuz that's the only use I've gotten from knives besides combos. Why do you use them during pressure strings, btw?  ???
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:40:23 PM by Lane »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
Question, are the knives effective at fishing counter hits while grounded against aerial opponents? Like in training mode I could get dash up anti air 5b --> air combo. Just wondering cuz that's the only use I've gotten from knives besides combos. Why do you use them during pressure strings, btw?  ???

Unless the knife is ex, it only throws down, that's not efficient for anti-air. Might as well use 5B/5C which are your best bets for AA.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2010, 05:16:11 AM »

They are fairly fast but Knives just don't go high enough to be used as antiair. In my opinion, they're used in pressure strings because they hit low at range.

I've been using 214c for antiair (although not often, I'll need to test more to see how effective it actually is), the huge horizontal hitbox makes it kind of hard to miss with and on counterhit 5b->aircombo is fairly easy to land.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2010, 05:22:58 AM »
Question, are the knives effective at fishing counter hits while grounded against aerial opponents? Like in training mode I could get dash up anti air 5b --> air combo. Just wondering cuz that's the only use I've gotten from knives besides combos. Why do you use them during pressure strings, btw?  ???

They are fairly fast but Knives just don't go high enough to be used as antiair. In my opinion, they're used in pressure strings because they hit low at range.

I've been using 214c for antiair (although not often, I'll need to test more to see how effective it actually is), the huge horizontal hitbox makes it kind of hard to miss with and on counterhit 5b->aircombo is fairly easy to land.

Why not 214A? It doesn't have invincibility, but it's air-unblockable and has awesome range like the EX but it doesn't use meter, wallslams and makes for easy followup as hitstun is hella long.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2010, 05:55:16 AM »
I suppose 214a would work but the wallslam makes it harder to follow up on while 214c basically just drops them into your 5bb -> aircombo and while 214a does have good horizontal range 214c covers something around twice as much.

After a little more testing, it seems the entire 214/421 series is air unblockable.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2010, 09:25:34 AM »
63214C (8 6 8 6 8 4)

for this what's the timing like for the moves in the parenthesis? Like the most I've gotten to was 8 6 because I usually do the 6 too early. Like do I just press the direction immediately after I see the hit for each? Or is their a certain height they have to be at for each rep or whatever.

Also, any follow ups for charged 5c? Dumb question most likely.

2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C > j.B > air dash > j.B dj.B dj.C > 236C

for this combo do I just press Forward AB for the air dash. Like do they have to be at a certain height or something?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2010, 10:11:10 AM »
Charged 5c doesn't have a followup. However it does set you up for oki. I'm not sure about the other two because I don't use those combos.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »
I made up a new trick for mixup after 236C in corner on the spot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKVQWa30ue0#t=7m23s

I got him earlier with airdashing into the corner so he thinks I'm going to go into the corner again.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2010, 11:24:25 AM »
Charged 5c doesn't have a followup. However it does set you up for oki. I'm not sure about the other two because I don't use those combos.

I just learn the ones on the wiki for characters, which ones do you recommend then?

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »
63214C (8 6 8 6 8 4)

for this what's the timing like for the moves in the parenthesis? Like the most I've gotten to was 8 6 because I usually do the 6 too early. Like do I just press the direction immediately after I see the hit for each? Or is their a certain height they have to be at for each rep or whatever.

Also, any follow ups for charged 5c? Dumb question most likely.

2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C > j.B > air dash > j.B dj.B dj.C > 236C

for this combo do I just press Forward AB for the air dash. Like do they have to be at a certain height or something?

You just need to know the timing for the gravity on the CC loop.

No follow ups for 5[C] or 6[C], but both can be tech punished. 5C lets them tech in the air so you can follow with dash 5B for two tech options or standing 5B for the other. 6[C] lets them ground tech, which dash 2A/5B work well for it.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2010, 04:18:05 AM »

I just learn the ones on the wiki for characters, which ones do you recommend then?
I use 2b 5bb 5c 2c 6c jc dj jb jc j236b/c/airthrow as my BnB which hits for around 4k. I use 2b 5bb 5c 2c 6c 22c 5bb 214a 2c 5c 236c/aircombo for my corner combo which does around 5k.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »
Do you do that BnB because it works on everyone?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »
I haven't dropped it on anyone yet, so yes. j.c is easier to combo into than j.b because it has more vertical range.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »
The more advanced version I've gotten to work on everyone is 2B 5BB 5C 2C 6C j.BC airdash j.C sdj.BC 6E/236B