When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread  (Read 33370 times)

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: F-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
Block. Abuse recovery.

That's what I do.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »
Any new vids on F-Ryougi? I seem to fail nico. I appreciate it.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2011, 06:37:20 AM »
I haven't seen any new stuff that hasn't been posted on the Meltybread channel.

For reference:

the search you should be doing is 両儀 MBAACC or 式 MBAACC
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:55:58 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline kasuya

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »
Hey guys, with reference to Shlowpoke's C/F-Ryougi combo vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOzQLK6xQhs), I wonder what's the trick to spacing the tk 236b for the 2way mixup after the rekka knockdown (@ ~1:28). I've seen LEO do it as well, but can't for the life of me figure out how to space it properly.

Also, are there any tips to getting down the timing to the 236b 236b 236b 2b 5c relaunch for F-ryougi? I can't get the 2b to connect properly consistently D: Thanks!

EDIT: I noticed that when I do a tk, it always seems to cancel from a superjump (2369b), yet this is not the case in Shlowpoke's (and LEO's) vids. How exactly is the tk 236b input?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:27:46 PM by kasuya »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the difference would be in the charging of the second rekka.

Try using 236b236b236b 2a5b first, it's a little easier to connect.

You're input is correct, I think it's just a difference of input buffer timing.

Offline kasuya

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 08:22:58 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the difference would be in the charging of the second rekka.

Try using 236b236b236b 2a5b first, it's a little easier to connect.

You're input is correct, I think it's just a difference of input buffer timing.

Hmm i'll try experimenting with charging the second rekka. I'm currently using 2a5c (which forces me to be a little more precise with the timing compared to 2a5b), but the problem is that 2a is sometimes too short if you are far away from your opponent.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 06:23:16 AM »
I was suggesting it as a temporary solution. Once you learn the timing for 2a5b then 2b5c becomes easier to do.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
Hey guys, with reference to Shlowpoke's C/F-Ryougi combo vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOzQLK6xQhs), I wonder what's the trick to spacing the tk 236b for the 2way mixup after the rekka knockdown (@ ~1:28). I've seen LEO do it as well, but can't for the life of me figure out how to space it properly.

It's not about the timing of the rekkas, though that may be a possible way to do it. It's been a while since I made the vid, but I think if you do the j.236b slightly later (higher in the jump) you'll go further to the right and cross them up. If it's not that, try angling your jump forward for the TK. (2369b instead of 2368b).

I don't recommend doing this mixup though. It's just flashy. Some characters get up too fast for you to safely attack after landing. I recommend instead playing with rekka knockdown -> dash -> jump straight up and then hold towards -> land+5a/land+2b/airdash back j.b.

Also, are there any tips to getting down the timing to the 236b 236b 236b 2b 5c relaunch for F-ryougi? I can't get the 2b to connect properly consistently D: Thanks!

No. It's really hard. The damage is comparable so I wouldn't even bother trying to do something so impractical in real matches. Just use 2a.

EDIT: I noticed that when I do a tk, it always seems to cancel from a superjump (2369b), yet this is not the case in Shlowpoke's (and LEO's) vids. How exactly is the tk 236b input?

You hold 2 for a second before you do the motion so the game knows you don't want to superjump. Hold it during the previous move.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »

No. It's really hard. The damage is comparable so I wouldn't even bother trying to do something so impractical in real matches. Just use 2a.

The only real reason to use 2b5c is the increased range. The timing is a little stricter on 2b than 2a.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »

In the vid he does it based on height I think.  However, another way to do is based on what version of rekka you use.  This is character specific.  For example: 236a BE 236a 214a will have you go on one side after the tk whereas 236b BE 236b 214a will have you go to the other side.  Another way to do it is input 236987412369A after the last rekka and you won't get superjump tk 236b which changes which side you will land on.  Of course, if they just listen to see if you do superjump or not, they can block it 100% if that's how you're doing it but most people don't.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:03:07 AM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 11:57:36 PM »
2a is so much faster, you even have time to dash in for it to connect. So if you're too far away, make use of F-Ryougi's awesome ground dash.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 02:38:25 AM »
Something was quite bugging me...Isnt this the thread with thoughts about F-Ryougi?
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 02:52:33 AM »
2a is so much faster, you even have time to dash in for it to connect. So if you're too far away, make use of F-Ryougi's awesome ground dash.

2A is 5f, 2B is 8f.

Dashing back in and 2A'ing is far less practical than just adjusting your timing for a 3f tighter link. If you're actually able to do that that damn well, just practice being able to 2B better.

Edit:
Upon further inspection of the hitboxes, I think I may understand why 2B is harder than 2A, since the hitbox for 2A is higher then 2B at it's max range; 2B slices lower.

God Ryougi's hitboxes are just so fucking retarded ffs
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:01:44 AM by Rokunaya »
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline kasuya

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 03:41:21 AM »
@Shlowpoke: Thanks for the reply! I had always wondered why the tk236b when doing an oki mixup, now I know it serves no real purpose haha. Also, like LivingShadow said, 2b has a longer range which is useful since there are certain situations whereby your third rekka will launch your opponent, but a 2a will whiff. However, for now 2a 5c will serve my purposes sufficiently.

@fiendmaw: We are talking about F-ryougi...?

@Rokunaya: That's some useful information. 3f seems like a pretty small time frame, but damn it's causing my relaunch consistency to drop from 90+% using 2a to less than 50% using 2b D:
and yes 2b has imba hitboxes :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:43:25 AM by kasuya »

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2011, 04:03:25 AM »
Virtually all of her normals are like this.

clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld