hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread  (Read 33387 times)

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
Re: F-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 02:20:51 PM »
Oh, I used to use that too. But, now I use 214 a/b to punish air techs after that. Since it's unblockable(in the air)  and covers most techs besides forward and no tech. There are some weakness to it like reaction time and etc. So I usually buffer it after the move. So it's simpler to do. (Also you can combo off of it with different variations or build gauge.  Since it wall slams the opponent)

Here is my main O.T.G.(Off the Ground) I've been using so far it uses gauge though.

Let's see
It's real simple
2a>2b>236c
After that tech punish or whatever the situation causes for. You can easily punish forward tech with an backward jump b.  So I don't worry about Forward tech too much. It's just my reaction that fails on me.

I'm still trying to figure out more uses for 214 a/b series in combos or situations and how to apply parries to battle. Since like you said I could shield. I just want to know when to use which in a battle situation.  Because there has to be a reason for the parries. It's probably because of her slow start up normals maybe. But, when I do use parries(accident most of the time). My opponents usually wait or back off. While some may just attack right after it finishes. I think it really depends on them knowing what it does or not.

Also, about that video, I think it might help us disrespect Aoko's main orb setups if she is too close in. But it's obvious to not use it against some multi-hit moves. Unless it stops the move immediately when she tosses them or the invincibility out lasts the move and she throws them/it. Also from what S-Blade said not all moves can be parried.. I haven't tested which moves aren't so far though.   But, I think parries are slow on wake up at least the 623 series if I'm wrong please tell me. But, I never attempted 421 a/b on wakeup. I'll try that out the next time I get the chance.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:35:30 PM by arvy »

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »
You should probably save your meter instead of using it for that OTG (unless it'll kill them). Burst/IH/Arc drive are significantly more useful.

As for the parries, S-Blade mentioned earlier in this thread that you can use them to punish H-moon shield counters (on reaction).

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »
You should probably save your meter instead of using it for that OTG (unless it'll kill them). Burst/IH/Arc drive are significantly more useful.

As for the parries, S-Blade mentioned earlier in this thread that you can use them to punish H-moon shield counters (on reaction).

Thank you, Nandeyanen I completely forgot that he said. Thanks for the help with that and S-Blade too. I'll defiantly try parrying bunkers and auto shield counters.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:31:36 PM by arvy »

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 07:13:45 PM »
None of the parries are instant.

However they WILL go through some multi-hit moves. Try parrying Warc's 63214C :)
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 08:07:07 PM »
Thank you, MissedFRC. That  saved me some time. So, I guess no parries after knockdown maybe.

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
No problem, glad I could help ya :toot:
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 03:21:29 AM »
Don't know if it's already stated, but rekka combo doesn't work off counter, have to use 2a 2b 2c 3c 22c jbc jbc moon slash (bc her airthrow is tragic)
what the fuck is this game

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 09:19:48 AM »
Don't know if it's already stated, but rekka combo doesn't work off counter, have to use 2a 2b 2c 3c 22c jbc jbc moon slash (bc her airthrow is tragic)

To be exact by counter.. Do you mean parry or just 236 d after shield?
Because I believe you can do rekka combo off of parry or counter. Maybe, except the one that knocks them down.

For parry I believe you do (Soon as possible or the launcher will miss) 5b>5c>236b>236 a/b> 236 b> 2b >5c or 2a> 5c> jb>Jc>jb>jc Decision time > air throw or eclipse moon. (Inspired by S-Blade's setup.)

Also, MissedFRC I was able to test that against Warc. Thanks a lot for the tip.

I wanted to found out if this was a legit mixup. Okay so far it works like this
(5a) 5b>2b>2c>3c>236b(slight delay while moving forward depending on character(not always))>236 b (can be charged for more damage)
If done right Ryougi will be on the other side as they wake up.  To stay on the same side use 236a or just do it fast.

Edit:
Also, some weird things I'm testing.. Is that launcher rekka can hit them up if you can get the second part of the rekka to miss while they are juggled in the air. The timing is awkward , but if I figure out how to do it more consistent I'll post it up.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:07:28 PM by arvy »

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »

To be exact by counter.. Do you mean parry or just 236 d after shield?
Because I believe you can do rekka combo off of parry or counter. Maybe, except the one that knocks them down.

For parry I believe you do (Soon as possible or the launcher will miss) 5b>5c>236b>236 a/b> 236 b> 2b >5c or 2a> 5c> jb>Jc>jb>jc Decision time > air throw or eclipse moon.

Also, MissedFRC I was able to test that against Warc. Thanks a lot for the tip.

I wanted to found out if this was a legit mixup. Okay so far it works like this
(5a) 5b>2b>2c>3c>236b(slight delay while moving forward depending on character(not always))>236 b (can be charged for more damage)
If done right Ryougi will be on the other side as they wake up.  To stay on the same side use 236a or just do it fast.

Edit:
Also, some weird things I'm testing.. Is that launcher rekka can hit them up if you can get the second part of the rekka to miss while they are juggled in the air. The timing is awkward , but if I figure out how to do it more consistent I'll post it up.

Parry is 623 series? I tried it, doesn't work, but all I do is b series rekkas, I'll try your method and post my results.
what the fuck is this game

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 02:02:55 PM »
Parry is 623 series? I tried it, doesn't work, but all I do is b series rekkas, I'll try your method and post my results.

Yeah, Parry is 623x series (and 421 x series). I'm pretty sure the combo I posted above is solid.  I was able to test it myself earlier on to make sure. Unless we are referring to a different type of subject.  

Also, in the command list it says there is a 4th iteration of Rekka does anyone know what it is?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:06:48 PM by arvy »

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »

Yeah, Parry is 623x (and 421 x). I'm pretty sure the combo I posted above is solid.  I was able to test it myself earlier on to make sure. Unless we are referring to a different type of subject.  

Also, in the command list it says there is a 4th iteration of Rekka does anyone know what it is?

That's 214A_B, the overhead.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
That's 214A_B, the overhead.

Thank you, I wasn't quite sure if there might be something new. Thanks for clearing things up.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »
Found a few cool IH combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT15lmSPEdA

You can end the second one with rekkas if your meter runs out.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:40 AM »
Found a few cool IH combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT15lmSPEdA

You can end the second one with rekkas if your meter runs out.

Thanks Shlowpoke for the new combos. I'm sure this will come in handy for uses to do with the complete gauge along with guard crash IH. I'm sure this will help push Ryougi forward :D.

Offline Villainous

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • stabstabstabSTABstabSTABthrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 05:31:24 PM »
TBH I'd rather just save her MAX for Blood Heat and go for her BHAD and do a combo that does like 1k less anyway since the BHAD is what makes her so good IMO.

I'm finding I just zone the crap out of people with her and do safe / frame advantage block strings, frustrate them with unblockables and generally make them scared to do ANYTHING. Seems like the goal with her is to just stay away but stay annoying. You can also fuck with really defensive people just by charging as her with blood heat means defense is over. It'll even force turtley ries to start rushing you down or Nero to stop zoning you and try to move in.

Speaking of Nero... she kinda rapes him. He really just can't summon against her or she can knife him into full screen run up 2A 5B air combo.

I haven't really ran into any problems with her yet. I think she's a great character.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 02:02:20 AM »
Hmm best low-effort Arc Drive setup I discovered would be after her B rekkas, since it's not techable. Valid good damage.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »
I know this is kind of a lot to ask, but could anyone with frame display post the startup and active frames for all of F-Ryougi's different counters? I was trying to use her 623 series during blockstrings to punish disrespect, but the active frames seemed much shorter than they look.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »
I know this is kind of a lot to ask, but could anyone with frame display post the startup and active frames for all of F-Ryougi's different counters? I was trying to use her 623 series during blockstrings to punish disrespect, but the active frames seemed much shorter than they look.

I got your back.

Edit: Rei, got your back.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:04:25 PM by arvy »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
623 series all have 4 startup frames (comes out on frame 5) and then lasts until frame 17 so it's 13 active frames

421A/B have 4 startup frames and then last until frame 14 so that's 10 active frames

421C is like the 623 series and has 13 active frames.

I'm not EXACTLY sure because in frameviewer there is an extra hitbox (green though, not attack or clash or w/e) and it's only out for those frames.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:14:32 PM by Rei »
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 08:30:53 AM »
Alright, thanks a bunch.

So basically using a 623 counter only gets you 3 more active frames while giving you a ton more lag.

Lame.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »

Offline capsuletoyco

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
would anyone mind writing up a few standard bnb's for f-ryougi?

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Lumiere Celesti

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 07:16:56 AM »
About the parry matter for the time i´ve been using F-Ryougi (and become my 2nd character and i love her lol) is easy to think of it as a shield but whit a few more frames. i always use the frontal Parrys (623x) since the back ones (421x) are knockdowns (correct me if im wrong here) and here are my thoughs about this move:

623x: i think of it as a replacement of shield since is more dependable in some situations like being guarding in pression but it depends as well the characters you  are going Vs cuz my friend use H-Ryougi ( and i hate how good he became whit her) and it was easy to parry as well punishable whit this but whit miyako i had troubles cuz her hit box even whit Len, even though this parry is easy to use as a counter measure.

421x: this one is my favorite cuz it awesome whit aerials and easy to use a combo afterwards no problems here. Hit box maybe a problem in a few cases as well.

conclusion:

Parry is Awesome lol it works whit almost everything: EX, Aerials, Shots, even whit a few ADs like Shiki or Aoko the problems it learning how to use it. It is a good move since F-Ryougi has too many problems like a weak A for example.

a little diference between frontal and back parrys is maybe the frames it both have as a diference but i cant quite remember which one has more frames and which one fewer

PD: of course Shield is still shield and have its uses even though is not very good whit Ryougi -_-.

Offline Arisato Minato

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2010, 11:23:52 PM »
Would anyone please tell me what strategy can I use to oppose an F Nanaya when he's teleporting and 236a/b/c like mad :(
When death clouds your vision, can you resist the urge to kill?