When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-Ryougi Game Play, Combos, Tech, and Etc.  (Read 43306 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: H-Ryougi Game Play, Combos, Tech, and Etc.
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 12:26:13 PM »
It becomes something of a catch 22.
. . .I see what you did there! XD
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
H-Ryougi is fun,  :P
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »
22c is way too retarded, especially when you consider this character's meter gain is ridiculous. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2011, 11:58:05 PM »
Honestly, this 'reversal' option would be complete trash if Ryougi's getup was even close to normal, but since most characters can't even get meaty on her as is, this just makes it all the more obnoxious; characters without forced knockdown are forced to either block or try to bunker this on their oki versus her.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2011, 08:26:16 AM »
Honestly, this 'reversal' option would be complete trash if Ryougi's getup was even close to normal, but since most characters can't even get meaty on her as is, this just makes it all the more obnoxious; characters without forced knockdown are forced to either block or try to bunker this on their oki versus her.

Uh, no.  It beats meaties and is massive +f on block.  Even if she got up as slow as Ries/Kouma it would still be obnoxious because it STILL would beat meaties. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »

It beats meaties

I've been saying this about that damn move since day one but people kept telling me otherwise. I can't meaty it with any normal but I can prevent it with meaty C-Warc 214A.

Also I'd hardly say it's risky in the sense that you lose your knife. You get it back on hit, on block you get pressure. Almost all the options to bait the move for most characters go far out of their way to bait the move, almost to the point where it's just not worth it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:30:06 AM by MissedFRC »
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »
I swear I remember trading this 22C with a Nanaya meaty 2B, though; I assumed the 2B was just late. I'll test this later tonight with a meaty 2C since it has almost xN active frames, to see if this move truly beats meaties or if it just comes out fast.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »
...This bitch.

...I did some (rigorous) testing last night and it turns out that 22C has a small window of invulnerability on it. Using F-Ciel 5B and 623A to test I performed:

Throw>dash>5B

I timed this so meaty that the 5B appeared as if it hit on the reel back lol. Unfortunately, it did not have enough active frames to force a trade and ciel is hit clean.

Throw>623[A]

Again, this hit super meaty and A Syncher has A LOT of active frames but being that H-Ryougi is such a whore, a hit trade was forced.

I'm curious as to how much invuln the attack has so to anyone out there with the frame viewer share the knowledge please. /freyumz
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2011, 04:51:15 PM »

lol mspaint

It looks like she's active for the first frame of the attack, which is more than it takes to activate.  That's why it trades with meaties.  Put the knife on the bottom corner.  Pretty godlike.

Edit: fixed thumbnail
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:54:48 PM by 2D »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 04:54:54 PM »
Why is this character in the game again?  :nyoro:

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »
Let's not forget that attack she can do instead of air teching hurf durf

I want it for F-Koha
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »
This thread has taken a bizarre turn  :psyduck:
digitalpugilist.com

Offline MrQuotes

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Such Grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 07:03:53 AM »
also let me just clarify that even though i said 22C on wakeup is risky, i still have and continue to do it alot, probably more than i should. i just think about how i get blown up sometimes for trying it.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 08:28:04 AM »
also let me just clarify that even though i said 22C on wakeup is risky, i still have and continue to do it alot, probably more than i should. i just think about how i get blown up sometimes for trying it.

Yo you missed alot of talk in this thread recently, XD. I love 22C, shit's gay.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »
It really shouldn't be risky. If you're getting blown up sometimes, it means you either did it too much or are you aren't timing it right.
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
The mook says nothing about invuln of the move strangely. It just says it's startup is 1+8. So it comes out in one frame. I guess the mook is missing info :V
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
Considering we've decided (I think), that 22c is a pretty retarded reversal, well... uh... it's better than that actually. Apparently, you can sweep loop off of it if you catch with 2c.

So just to recap what you get...

0 frame start up / trades with meaty
advantage on block
5k+ damage (22c 2c 3c (2a 2c 3c)x7 236a 236a 236a did 5430 on Akiha for me.)
oki / your opponent is now in the corner
100+% meter (I normally got 101.4% stopping on the 30th hit and ending with 236ax3)

Unfortunately it has three downsides... the first is that you lose your knife.

The second is that the sweep loop is still character specific. I did it with ease on characters like v.sion, sion, arc, wara, akiha. So chances are if the sweep loop is already easy on them.. it'll probably work with 22c. I still need to do more experimentation with more finicky characters... maybe I can add in some hits via 2c 3c 623b 2c kinda deal.

And the third is that there is no sweep loop in CC, so who really cares!? woooo
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:11:07 PM by Greg »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
Learning some H-Ryougi combos and currently working on this combo from the Mizuumi page:
2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C TK236B > 5BB 214A > 2C (delay)5C 22A > 2C 3C 623B > 236A 236A 236A (5,503 damage to V.Sion)

Aside from the sweep loop (which is going away in CC; makes me not want to bother),  is there much of a reason to learn different corner combos? This one gives good damage, knife pickup, and oki, so I'm wondering if the others give better oki/meter gain as a trade off for the lower damage.

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »
Learning some H-Ryougi combos and currently working on this combo from the Mizuumi page:
2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C TK236B > 5BB 214A > 2C (delay)5C 22A > 2C 3C 623B > 236A 236A 236A (5,503 damage to V.Sion)

Aside from the sweep loop (which is going away in CC; makes me not want to bother),  is there much of a reason to learn different corner combos? This one gives good damage, knife pickup, and oki, so I'm wondering if the others give better oki/meter gain as a trade off for the lower damage.

Nah, if you can do that one, it's pretty much as good as you're going to get. There are other options that give slightly more meter / do less damage but I don't think they're really worth it. If you want meter you should be doing the sweep loop anyway.

You should probably be starting off with (2A) 2B 5BB rather than doing it the way it's written on the wiki. 2B > 5BB prorates better so you'll probably add ~100 damage to the combo (and all of her others as well).

And because it's not really that much more work you might want to learn:
2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C TK236B > 5BB 214A > 2C (delay)5C 22A > 2C 3C 5C 5BB 214C > J.B (whiff) > 2C 3C 623B > 236A 236A 236A

You can use this one if you hit heat during the combo or if you want to avoid hitting 200 meter. And it looks like pretty serious business.

Oh.. right.. you might want to learn a combo for when you're in the corner but don't have your knife.
I just go 2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C TK236B > 5BB 214A > J.BC J.BC J.236B  (does about 5k on vsion... I think.. )
It's a decent option... No idea if there are ones that are significantly better.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:43:54 PM by Greg »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »

Nah, if you can do that one, it's pretty much as good as you're going to get. There are other options that give slightly more meter / do less damage but I don't think they're really worth it. If you want meter you should be doing the sweep loop anyway.

You should probably be starting off with (2A) 2B 5BB rather than doing it the way it's written on the wiki. 2B > 5BB prorates better so you'll probably add ~100 damage to the combo (and all of her others as well).

And because it's not really that much more work you might want to learn:
2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C TK236B > 5BB 214A > 2C (delay)5C 22A > 2C 3C 5C 5BB 214C > J.B (whiff) > 2C 3C 623B > 236A 236A 236A

You can use this one if you hit heat during the combo or if you want to avoid hitting 200 meter. And it looks like pretty serious business.

Oh.. right.. you might want to learn a combo for when you're in the corner but don't have your knife.
I just go 2A 2B 5BB 5C 2C TK236B > 5BB 214A > J.BC J.BC J.236B  (does about 5k on vsion... I think.. )
It's a decent option... No idea if there are ones that are significantly better.

Thanks, I was wondering about what to do when I didn't have the knife, I'll use that one for now. I'll get to learning the meter one too, it never hurt me to learn something cool lookin'.

As a general question, how often should I be aiming to get into Heat and set up an AD? It really looks like that's the only way that H-Ryougi can force damage in, but I rarely see people use it in the videos (am I just watching all the wrong ones?).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:55:28 PM by Sahgren »

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2011, 04:25:49 PM »
You should probably never be aiming to get into heat for her AD.

You should probably try and keep yourself below 200 meter so you always have either a 22c or shield bunker option available. With Ryougi's defense, too much time in the corner will definitely get you raped.

Otherwise, I only really use her AD if the opportunity presents itself. Like if you let yourself heat because you need health and you're pressuring your opponent and happen to be in a good location for it.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any sex unblockables so we need to rely on more err... straight-forward pressure? It was mentioned somewhere in a thread, but if you're having trouble pressuring, you could try switching to shorter block strings.

Try using 2a 2b 3c as your main block string.

From there, you're still in range to 4c overhead or you could do a quick dash/throw.
Or just dash back in and 2a 2b 3c again... whatever...

(going from 3c > 4c is pretty obnoxious. 3c is +3 frames and 4c activates on frame 10. So it should make it ~7 frames depending on how well you cancel it.)

You should also still mix in your longer block strings by continuing after 2a 2b 3c with 5bb or whatever you want to keep people from disrespecting you after 3c.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:37:57 PM by Greg »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »
So save my meter for defense,  mix up when my when I stagger/throw/frame trap/etc., and stick to shortish blockstrings until I get more used to the game. I'm assuming I should be using things like 22C and the meter combo listed above when I'm approaching ~190 meter and am on the offense in order to keep myself from entering Heat.

Anything else I should know before I figure it out the hard and painful way?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:36:05 PM by Sahgren »

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2011, 07:21:51 PM »
So save my meter for defense,  mix up when my when I stagger/throw/frame trap/etc., and stick to shortish blockstrings until I get more used to the game. I'm assuming I should be using things like 22C and the meter combo listed above when I'm approaching ~190 meter and am on the offense in order to keep myself from entering Heat.

Anything else I should know before I figure it out the hard and painful way?

That sounds about right.

The shorter block strings aren't training wheels or anything like that. They're legitimately scarier than longer block strings. Unfortunately, one of Ryougi's weaknesses is that most of her attacks have tons of pushback and there's really nothing H-Ryougi can do to threaten people from long range. You can try to scare them into getting hit with an impending guard crush or whatnot, but you're going to lose to ex-guarding against C or F.

I guess just keep in mind that you're Ryougi! Be super lame. It's what you do. You fall faster and wake up faster than anyone else in the game. Abuse stuff.