When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread  (Read 60398 times)

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
Re: H-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2010, 06:02:09 PM »
It's also not instant. The AAD is, whereas the AD has around 8 frame startup.
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
It's also not instant. The AAD is, whereas the AD has around 8 frame startup.

The AAD is instant? So that means if you tick into it, they can't jump out, and have to use a move with full body invincibility on start up to avoid it?

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »
IIRC there is no startup on the AAD. Like F-Koumas 214C. If you aren't already in an grab invincible state, you get screwed.
<Saya> fuck all of you

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
Also realized that AAD only applies to C and F Ryougi. I'm actually wondering if H-Ryougi's AD just has the same properties as the other grooves' ADs (aside from its damage).

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2010, 06:47:49 PM »
Yeah, sadly H can't utilize it. I'm pretty sure the ranges on the AD are the same across the board. I'd test right now but I lended my game to a friend so he could practice.
<Saya> fuck all of you

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
I guess as soon as she hunches down, there's no getting out.  You barely even really see the hunch animation in the AAD version.  Crazy.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »
Also be grateful that you can't jump after the flash. You can jump out of C-Kouma 214C  :prinny:
<Saya> fuck all of you

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2010, 08:51:26 PM »
Yeah after fighting against F-Ryougi and seeing Nandeyanen's H-Ryougi. I'm definitely dabbling a lot more with H.

Btw, grats on top4 Nandeyanen. Though I didn't see many sweep loops, but instead you went for easier combos which were solid enough. Knife catchups/confirms were really nice and definitely make playing quite a bit easier.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2010, 04:45:23 AM »
Yeah after fighting against F-Ryougi and seeing Nandeyanen's H-Ryougi. I'm definitely dabbling a lot more with H.

Btw, grats on top4 Nandeyanen. Though I didn't see many sweep loops, but instead you went for easier combos which were solid enough. Knife catchups/confirms were really nice and definitely make playing quite a bit easier.

Thanks! And yeah, I wasn't comfortable enough with the timing of the sweep loop for characters outside of Warachia, V.Sion, Arc, and Akiha to go for the sweep loop in the tourney. You don't even really need the loop to get solid damage, it's just great for meter gain.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2010, 07:38:25 AM »

Thanks! And yeah, I wasn't comfortable enough with the timing of the sweep loop for characters outside of Warachia, V.Sion, Arc, and Akiha to go for the sweep loop in the tourney. You don't even really need the loop to get solid damage, it's just great for meter gain.

Though I would assume meter gain for H is VERY important :/

I've seen that H-Kohaku combos give about 100% Meter for advanced combos which makes her a bitch to kill. generally gives you a lot more HP. I love your 22A delay IAD blockstrings though. I didn't think that 22A had that much hitstun

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »
Yeah, good shit Nandeyanen!  Glad someone's out repping H Ryougi as hard as you are man.  Awesome stuff.  Love that IAD knife catch into AIR THROW.  That was hawt!  Seriously though, you are hands down the best Half moon player out there.  Can't wait to meet all of you Ryougi players at evo  :fap:
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2010, 10:08:11 PM »

somehow i feel sad and happy at the same time!!!

i feel H is defeinetly the best of the Ryougi.. but she doesn't fit me like F does... i just taken quite liking ( AND STRAIGHT FOWARD PROCESS) but that is most defenitely good shit in repping quite possibly the best moon for ryougi
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »

somehow i feel sad and happy at the same time!!!

i feel H is defeinetly the best of the Ryougi.. but she doesn't fit me like F does... i just taken quite liking ( AND STRAIGHT FOWARD PROCESS) but that is most defenitely good shit in repping quite possibly the best moon for ryougi

I agree with this 100%

I feel like H is the best Ryougi, but I love playing C. H's 22A is just so strong, and adding the knife catch with F-Ryougi's range and Rebeating. Godlike. Not just that, but loops give incredible amounts of circuit.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2010, 11:12:03 AM »
2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22A > 2C 3C 5C 5BB > j.B j.C > dj.B j.C > 236b

does this combo work on the whole cast?

2a 2b 5b 5c 3c 2c 22a j.bc ad j.c dj.bc air throw

2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6AAA > j.B j.C > dj.B j.C > 236B

anyone know how much meter you gain from both of these combos? Would like to compare.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »
I agree with you guys. I love playing F like Nas. But, having all the benefits with H is pretty awesome.   But, I guess it's just what suits your style best. I'm not sure if CC is going to change anything. But, I'm sure we'll all be learning new stuff as the more players expands.

But, I think all the moons of Ryougi are pretty awesome in their own regards.

Also, Congrats  Nandeyanen even though it's kinda late.

I wish all of you guys luck at WB. Since it's going on right now.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2010, 11:56:24 AM »
2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22A > 2C 3C 5C 5BB > j.B j.C > dj.B j.C > 236b

does this combo work on the whole cast?
Yes, it does. However, it's difficult to land on all characters when you start the combo from point blank. If you're really close you have to delay the 2C so that Ryougi's body pushes them forward before it connects, otherwise you'll cross them up. The timing for 2C 3C varies a little per character too. For example, it's extremely delayed against Ries and really weird on Tohno.

2a 2b 5b 5c 3c 2c 22a j.bc ad j.c dj.bc air throw

2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6AAA > j.B j.C > dj.B j.C > 236B

anyone know how much meter you gain from both of these combos? Would like to compare
I've played around with ad in her air combos before and wrote it off from some reason. I think it was a lot more inconsistent in H than it is in C. If that actually works, then I have no idea about the meter difference. =/

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
Yup, it does...I love the air dash addition  :toot:

I just wanted to know because of one not having the knife, and the other being much easier. So, If I wanted guaranteed damage I could go for that if I wasn't in worry for meter. I guess I'll practice the timing for the first one.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
I've recently been playing H-Ryougi (derp) and I watched the combo vids to get an idea of what she can do. Is it really necessary to use meter for her combos? The way I see it, considering her weak defensive options (no reversal and low health), meter is best reserved for shield bunkers (this is Half moon after all), or for Max mode where you can set up her arc drive or auto spark.

I was wondering about using either 6AAA or 22A for extending combos. I guess it really depends. 6AAA for when you have no knife, 22A when you're staggering strings which makes for a nice and easy hitconfirm.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
22C comes out in 0-1 frames, it's very strong and definitely a good meter use.
<Saya> fuck all of you

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2010, 04:57:43 PM »
I've recently been playing H-Ryougi (derp) and I watched the combo vids to get an idea of what she can do. Is it really necessary to use meter for her combos? The way I see it, considering her weak defensive options (no reversal and low health), meter is best reserved for shield bunkers (this is Half moon after all), or for Max mode where you can set up her arc drive or auto spark.
Considering what I know about H-Ryougi the meter isn't really necessary but it does tack on some extra damage.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2010, 07:56:59 PM »
Keep in mind that a lot of the combos in the vids are impractical and are just meant to fit the music.

I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary to use meter in her combos. It's true that meter used in the right places can extend your damage by a decent amount, but in real matches that's almost never why I use it. The main thing I aim for is to keep my meter sitting around 100% so that I have bunker available to me (since her defensive options are awful) and so I don't waste heat when I don't need to heal.

There are two easy places in combos to keep your meter down:
1) End combos with j.236c
2) Use 214c after a 2c, 3c, 5c, 5bb
Example: 2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, 22a, 2c, 3c, 5c, 5bb, 214c, j.b(whiff), land, 2c, 3c, 5c, 5bb, j.bc, dj.bc, airthrow

I was wondering about using either 6AAA or 22A for extending combos. I guess it really depends. 6AAA for when you have no knife, 22A when you're staggering strings which makes for a nice and easy hitconfirm.
22a is necessary for pretty much all her big damage combos.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:00:33 PM by Shlowpoke »

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »

I agree with your thoughts on her meter usage. Her ex-moves aren't really useful in combos, since most of them prorate your damage to nearly nothing. The only one that could be mildly useful for extending damage is 214c, which just adds like 100-400 damage to her corner combo, which could matter (I guess). The other semi-useful ex-moves are 22c, which you can use to extend a blockstring and go for a guard break, and 236c, which you can use in an OTG to add a little bit of damage. I rarely use any ex-moves in matches (except accidentally).

I don't actively manage my meter (I should probably try that). However, since Ryougi's combos (and sometimes blockstrings) generate a lot of meter (you can generate over 100 meter in a combo), so regardless of whether or not you manage your meter, you'll probably be in heat, or sitting on 100+ meter pretty frequently.

You should extend combos with 22a if possible (if your execution allows for it). 22a lets you capitalize off of random ground hit confirms. For example, off of a 5b hit confirm you can do: 5bb 5c 2c 22a 2c 3c 623b 2c 3c 5c 5bb j.bc sdj.b6bc j.236b land 22a (pickup), which adds a lot of damage and meter compared to what you would have gotten without the 22a.

If you have no knife, and are too far from the wall to go for a wall combo, you can either go for 2c 5a6aa -> combo for far hit confirms, or go for a 3c 623b -> combo if you get a hit confirm up close.

Edit: Forgot to mention that you can also use 5a6aa on some (standing) characters to start the 2a 2c 3c loop.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:44:44 AM by Nandeyanen »

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2010, 01:28:47 PM »
H-Ryougi Meterless Guard Crush String against H-Moon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5TR5w6eHko

:slowpoke:

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2010, 02:56:34 PM »
Nice!  Btw grats on breaking top nine at winter brawl.  I watched your vids and was really impressed!  I think I saw you pull out a new combo there too  :o

Back to the video -- wouldn't they be able to jump out after the knife, or backdash cancel during the stagger parts?  I had that problem yesterday a few times where people would just randomly backdash and completely avoid a run up 5B or knife toss.  It was a little frustrating.

Also since its kind of related, how does everyone feel about using 5BB versus 5B?  I'm weighing whether or not to stick it in block strings since it adds more pushback overall, and sometimes off of a random 5BB hit from somewhere around max distance 2B doesn't connect, killing the combo.  It only adds a little more damage on hit, and a little more damage on guard meter on block.

Worth it?
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »
Nice!  Btw grats on breaking top nine at winter brawl.  I watched your vids and was really impressed!  I think I saw you pull out a new combo there too  :o

Back to the video -- wouldn't they be able to jump out after the knife, or backdash cancel during the stagger parts?  I had that problem yesterday a few times where people would just randomly backdash and completely avoid a run up 5B or knife toss.  It was a little frustrating.
Thanks. ^^

Yeah, there are two points in the block string where the opponent gets to move and try to escape. The first point is after the first 3c. You could shield, backdash, or sidestep to avoid 3c -> 5b, but there's definitely not enough time to jump or throw out a move. The second point is after knife throw. Same situation there, except it's usually not a good idea to backdash in the corner.