When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread  (Read 60405 times)

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
Re: H-Ryougi Thoughts Without a Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
Also since its kind of related, how does everyone feel about using 5BB versus 5B?  I'm weighing whether or not to stick it in block strings since it adds more pushback overall, and sometimes off of a random 5BB hit from somewhere around max distance 2B doesn't connect, killing the combo.  It only adds a little more damage on hit, and a little more damage on guard meter on block.

Worth it?

Blockstrings are pretty free-form. Do whatever works. That being said, 5bb is fine in blockstrings. Off of a far hit confirm, you can just go into something like 5c 2c 5a6aa-> aerial combo.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »
5BB with H-Ryougi is fine in a block string. Just remember not to use 3C or 4C for the blockstring. You can do 2B 5C or 2C afterwards so you should be fine.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
Just remember not to use 3C or 4C for the blockstring.

Why not 3C? It gives you frame advantage. I think it's probably one of H's best moves in pressure.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »
Yeah, what's wrong with 3C and 4C?  3C is great like Shlowpoke mentioned, and 4C is an overhead that combos.  2C is unsafe though, why would you end blockstrings with that?
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
Just remember not to use 3C or 4C for the blockstring.

Why not 3C? It gives you frame advantage. I think it's probably one of H's best moves in pressure.

You can use 3C in pressure if you want, but if you're using it after 5BB then you have to be sure of your distance from which you started since 5BB pushes them back pretty far. Also you need to pay attention to how they blocked (they get pushed back further if they stand block 5BB) and just a lot of factors. 5BB is ok for strings, but I personally thing 5B by itself gives you more options since it doesn't push your opponent back as much, allowing stuff like 5B 2B 5C 3C to connect.

Though you could always do 5BB 2B 5C 2C 3C as a string since 2C moves you forward, but if they get hit by 2C, won't 3C hit them OTG?

3C and 4C are fine for blockstrings, I  just prefer not to use them if you use 5BB in your blockstring (unless you do them immediately after) but 5B is a really good spacing tool.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:10:25 PM by Rei »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2010, 10:45:46 PM »
You can use 2C in strings so long as you haven't used 2A yet, re-beating into 2A after 2C keeps you close to the opponent. If 2C connects, 3C will hit otg. Blockstrings are what I'm having the most trouble with right now because I think I'm doing them wrong. Most, if not, all of my strings start with 5BB, and I go from there. I'm not too sure how to get them to sit still for long after I've used the knife. Also, I was playing against H-Tohno and I dunno if it's just me, but he can mash his 2C to get out of gaps. Example, I'll do 5BB 3C, and he can mash 2C and HIT me before I can 5B again, even though 3C is supposed to be +frames. HIGHLY ANNOYING. Of course if you predict a 2C mash, you can normal jump at him with a j.C into combo. Yes, his 2C has enough recovery where you can NORMAL jump and hit him before he has recovered. Or you can iad since it's faster and if they choose not to match, they have less time to react. But yeah. I need some example strings to work with so I can branch out from there. :psyduck:

I think this was covered earlier in the thread, but midscreen, if you do knife throw and then try to go for 2C into stuff, you get crossed up sometimes. What causes this exactly? Even if I predict the crossup and compensate on the input for 3C, the 3C will just go in the wrong direction and I look like a dumbass.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »
You can use 2C in strings so long as you haven't used 2A yet, re-beating into 2A after 2C keeps you close to the opponent. If 2C connects, 3C will hit otg. Blockstrings are what I'm having the most trouble with right now because I think I'm doing them wrong. Most, if not, all of my strings start with 5BB, and I go from there. I'm not too sure how to get them to sit still for long after I've used the knife. Also, I was playing against H-Tohno and I dunno if it's just me, but he can mash his 2C to get out of gaps. Example, I'll do 5BB 3C, and he can mash 2C and HIT me before I can 5B again, even though 3C is supposed to be +frames. HIGHLY ANNOYING. Of course if you predict a 2C mash, you can normal jump at him with a j.C into combo. Yes, his 2C has enough recovery where you can NORMAL jump and hit him before he has recovered. Or you can iad since it's faster and if they choose not to match, they have less time to react. But yeah. I need some example strings to work with so I can branch out from there. :psyduck:

I think this was covered earlier in the thread, but midscreen, if you do knife throw and then try to go for 2C into stuff, you get crossed up sometimes. What causes this exactly? Even if I predict the crossup and compensate on the input for 3C, the 3C will just go in the wrong direction and I look like a dumbass.

1. 2c 3c will properly connect. If anything hits before the 2c though, then 3c will otg them.

2. I'm pretty sure 3c is +3f on block. With that in mind, H-Ryougi's 5b has 9f startup and H-Tohno's 2c has 7f start up. That means you need to do 5b immediately after 3c recovers to avoid trading with/losing to a (well timed) H-Tohno's 2c. There's no leniency for the timing.

3. For midscreen 22a 2c combos (I assume you're going for 2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 2c 3c 623b 2c 3c -> etc.) , if you can't get the timing down for the character, or if it doesn't seem possible for you to not cross up, you can go for:

• 2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 3c 623b 2c 3c -> etc. This works if you're close enough to the wall so that it ends your 623b dash a little short and put you close enough for 2c 3c to connect. If you're really close to the wall, and your 2c then crosses up, you'll have to go into 5c 5bb -> aerial instead.
or
  • 2a 2b 5b 5c 3c 22a 2c 3c 623b 2c 3c -> etc. This works if you get a close 2a hit confirm. You can also do this knifeless, and just go into 623b after the first 3c. Again, if you're really close to the wall, and the 2nd 2c crosses up, you'll have to go into 5c 5bb -> aerial.

If those don't work, then I'd just go for a cheap BnB and if possible, get them into the corner. If you wanted to go into a 2a 2c 3c loop, then those are sort of character specific. So, ask about a specific character. Currently, I don't really try to loop characters other than Akiha, Arc, Sion, V.Sion, and Warakia.

4. Like I mentioned before, Ryougi's blockstrings are pretty free-form. There are a few things that you should keep in mind with her block strings though:

• You just want to cancel unsafe moves into 3c, 22a, 2a or 421c, which then resets your blockstring. On block, 2a and 421c give minor frame disadvantage, 3c gives minor frame advantage, and 22a should gives a good deal of +frames.

• You want to keep in mind how much pushback you get with each move. For example 2c 3c pushes you back around 2.5 character lengths, while than 2c 2a around 1.5 character lengths.

You'll also want to incorporate a bunch of frame traps in her block string, as she doesn't have much mix up. Here's an example of a string with a number of resets in it (and I'm pretty sure this should work):

2a 2b 5b 3c (reset) 5b 2c 2a 3c (trap/reset) 5b 2c 2a (reset) 5b 2c 22a (reset) 5b 2c 3c (reset) 5bb 5c 22a (pickup/reset)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:32:47 AM by Nandeyanen »

Offline s4itox

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • So who was phone?
    • View Profile
    • deeeeeeeeeeeeebiant art
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »
Okay, so I've tried adding 2C 3C 623B into my H-Ryougi so my corner combo goes something like:
(j.C) 2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22A (TK 236B) 5BB 214C j.Cwhiff 2C 3C 623B 2C 5C 5BB j.BC j.BC airthrow/236B.
 However, I have a lot of trouble at/after the 3C 623B bit. Sometimes the combo will connect properly and I get a nice beautiful valid 24 hit combo. Other times, the enemy will be able to air-tech from the 623B so my combo ends there. Other times, the enemy will hit the floor before I finish recovering from the 623B so my 2C ends up OTG-ing them.
 Is there any particular reason why this would be happening (eg. timing between 2C/3C/623B)? If so, is there any way I can fix it so that I can get a fairly consistent hitrate?

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:30 AM »
Okay, so I've tried adding 2C 3C 623B into my H-Ryougi so my corner combo goes something like:
(j.C) 2A 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22A (TK 236B) 5BB 214C j.Cwhiff 2C 3C 623B 2C 5C 5BB j.BC j.BC airthrow/236B.
 However, I have a lot of trouble at/after the 3C 623B bit. Sometimes the combo will connect properly and I get a nice beautiful valid 24 hit combo. Other times, the enemy will be able to air-tech from the 623B so my combo ends there. Other times, the enemy will hit the floor before I finish recovering from the 623B so my 2C ends up OTG-ing them.
 Is there any particular reason why this would be happening (eg. timing between 2C/3C/623B)? If so, is there any way I can fix it so that I can get a fairly consistent hitrate?

You might have to delay the 3C a bit, i gotta check it. 2C is an untechable sweep and 3C IS techable. also make sure you're doing 623B immediately after 3C. You could probably omit the 3C. Though this is just looking at the combo, not doing it yet. Also, j.C whiffs after 214C? I thought it hit them :psyduck:

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »

I'm going to assume that you meant 214c j.bwhiff, because j.c will almost always hit after a 214c in the corner.
Before I even get into the second part of the question, I'd like to try to discourage you from doing this combo. You're forcing a bunch of tight links on yourself and actually limiting the amount of damage you could be doing.

For example:
When I do the combo you described from 2a, with the TKj.236b, and end with airthrow, I get 5,049 damage on V.Sion. 24 hits for 100% meter and I lose my knife.

Compare that to this:
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, 22a, 3c, 5bb, 214a, 2c, 5c, 5bb, j.bc, dj.bc, airthrow.
5,046 damage on V.Sion. 20 hits for no meter and I lose the knife.
Basically the same damage, and you don't use 100% meter. I think you'll find it MUCH easier to pull off as well, since the TKj.236b after 22a and the 2c after 623b aren't there.
If you've got meter to burn, try this:
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, 22a, 3c, 5bb, 214a, 2c, 5c, 5bb, 214c, j.bwhiff, 2c, 3c, 5c, 5bb, j.bc, dj.bc, airthrow.
Does about 100 more damage, 26 hits.

If you want a hard version:
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, TKj.236b, 5bb, 214a, 2c, delay, 5c, 22a, 2c, 3c, 623b, 236a236a236a, knife pickup.
5,503 damage to V.Sion, and you get to pick up the knife.
Meter burn version:
2a, 5bb, 2b, 5c, 2c, TKj.236b, 5bb, 214a, 2c, delay, 5c, 22a, 2c, 3c, 5c, 5bb, 214c, j.bwhiff, 2c, 3c, 623b, 236a236a236a, knife pickup.
5,796 damage to V.Sion.

2c after a 623b in the corner is a pretty tight timing no matter what, and it kind of depends on how you did the 3c to 623b. If there are already a lot of hits in the combo like yours, you'll want 623b to go off asap after the 3c to keep them high so you have enough time to 2c. The trick to that is the input 623b asap after 3c, and make sure you let go of the b button as quickly as possible, so you don't get any charge-up time.

But even then, if you're off by even a little bit they'll get to airtech. If your 623b hit relatively late after the 3c, i.e. right before they hit the ground, then you probably won't have enough time to 2c them after the 623b and they'll groundtech. So the moral of the story is to not try it in the first place when there's a better alternative.

On a related note, that kind of late timing is very good when you have few hits in your combo, like the midscreen 623b combos. Delayed 623b after 3c, tap the b so you don't get any charge, and they should be low enough and you should still be close enough to hit a follow-up 2c.

Btw 3c is definitely untechable knockdown.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 12:17:19 PM by Shlowpoke »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
I'm having some issues. Sometimes when I do 5BB, 2B, 5C, 2C, 22A, 3C, 623B... midscreen, I'll sometimes be too far away to relaunch with a 2C. What gives? Also against Tohno in the corner, if I do ...2C, TK 236B, then try 5BB 214A, I will get crossed up and 236A will come out instead. afaik he's the only one that I have this problem and I can't find away to adjust. And even in the event that the 214A hits him, he's oftentimes too high for a 2C pickup. ??? I'm not using 2A in my ground strings if that makes any difference.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
I'm having some issues. Sometimes when I do 5BB, 2B, 5C, 2C, 22A, 3C, 623B... midscreen, I'll sometimes be too far away to relaunch with a 2C. What gives?

It's easy to make this mistake when you do 3c directly after 22a. You probably aren't too far away, the problem is more likely that they're too high. It's hard the see the difference.

Delay your 623b after 3c so that it hits just before they hit the ground, but make sure that you tap the b in 623b so you get absolutely no extra forward movement (due to 623b being chargeable). That way you make sure they're low enough and that you're close enough.

Also against Tohno in the corner, if I do ...2C, TK 236B, then try 5BB 214A, I will get crossed up and 236A will come out instead. afaik he's the only one that I have this problem and I can't find away to adjust. And even in the event that the 214A hits him, he's oftentimes too high for a 2C pickup. ??? I'm not using 2A in my ground strings if that makes any difference.

Yeah this happens against Kohaku sometimes too. The best thing you can do is make sure you TKj.236b with 7 or 8 instead of 9 so you stay as far away from the corner as possible. The timing of the 5bb afterward might also have something to do with it, but I'm not sure if that really affects it or not.

I just tested it on Tohno to make sure, and it definitely still works on him. If he's too high for a 2c pickup after 214a, then you probably did 5bb too soon.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:16:49 PM by Shlowpoke »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »
It's easy to make this mistake when you do 3c directly after 22a. You probably aren't too far away, the problem is more likely that they're too high. It's hard the see the difference.

Delay your 623b after 3c so that it hits just before they hit the ground, but make sure that you tap the b in 623b so you get absolutely no extra forward movement (due to 623b being chargeable). That way you make sure they're low enough and that you're close enough.

Yeah this happens against Kohaku sometimes too. The best thing you can do is make sure you TKj.236b with 7 or 8 instead of 9 so you stay as far away from the corner as possible. The timing of the 5bb afterward might also have something to do with it, but I'm not sure if that really affects it or not.

I just tested it on Tohno to make sure, and it definitely still works on him. If he's too high for a 2c pickup after 214a, then you probably did 5bb too soon.
What I try to do after 22A, is delay the 3C. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but you're right, it's really hard to tell if I'm too far away vs the opponent being too high.

For the corner combo, I always use 8 for the TK j.236B, but I'll try 7 against him. As far as 5BB into 214A is concerned, I didn't know it was possible to do it too early. Because from what I've tried, if I wait even slightly, they tend to tech out. I'm probably waiting too long in that case, but the window seems pretty small either way.

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2010, 02:33:17 PM »
What I try to do after 22A, is delay the 3C. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but you're right, it's really hard to tell if I'm too far away vs the opponent being too high.

That'll help, but 3c does send them a little bit higher, and with that few hits in the combo it could be enough to throw it off. I still recommend learning to delay the 623b.

For the corner combo, I always use 8 for the TK j.236B, but I'll try 7 against him. As far as 5BB into 214A is concerned, I didn't know it was possible to do it too early. Because from what I've tried, if I wait even slightly, they tend to tech out. I'm probably waiting too long in that case, but the window seems pretty small either way.

It's definitely possible to do 5bb too early after TKj.236b. It's hard to describe an ideal height with words, so I'm just going to say that you usually have to hit the 5b at the last possible moment before they can tech out. You want them as low as possible when the 5bb connects so it's easier to pick them up with 2c. While you're delaying you could try holding 4 so that you get that little extra distance to make the crossup less likely.

EDIT: I meant TKj.236b instead of 214a when I was talking about 5bb. I fixed it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:40:35 PM by Shlowpoke »

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2010, 02:38:14 PM »
I don't think the problem is the tk input as much as it might be that you're either inputting it much too early or are significantly way too close to the corner.  Pressing 5BB right when you see yourself land from tk j.236B works for me.  You shouldn't have to need to vary your tk input, just stick with 2369.  Otherwise it'll throw off your game during a real match.

Did some corner blockstring practice today, found out that 5B 2C 2A is a good troll string.  Never pushes out.  You can do variations like:

• 5B 2C 2A again
  • 5B 2C 2A 2A for safer pushout without sacrificing distance
  • 5B 2C 3C for frametrap into another 5B string
  • 5B 2C 2A 4C for overhead (just discovered this lol wtf)

Etc, etc.  But in the likely chance you get pushed out too much, you can come back to this string to stay on the inside.  It's not foolproof, but it helps a bit better than walking or dashing in a small bit to continue pressure (or using knives).  Rapidly kills Crescent guard meter like nothing  :V
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:56:48 PM by CPhame »
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2010, 07:03:57 PM »
I don't think the problem is the tk input as much as it might be that you're either inputting it much too early or are significantly way too close to the corner.  Pressing 5BB right when you see yourself land from tk j.236B works for me.  You shouldn't have to need to vary your tk input, just stick with 2369.  Otherwise it'll throw off your game during a real match.

It's specifically a problem regarding Tohno Shiki/Kohaku because of their awkward aerial hit boxes.  I actually experimented with this a bit, and I'm pretty sure that the direction you tk the tkj.236b doesn't really matter, j.236b will move you forward regardless.  The things that I think contribute to the inconsistency of the cross up are:

• Spacing/Push back: Depending on how quickly you chain your moves on hit, the push back for each move will vary.  So, if you take a string like 2a 2b 5bb 5c, you'll end at different distances from your opponent depending on if you chained quickly, or slowly.  You also should factor in how far away you are from your opponent when you start the combo.
  • How far away you are when you 2c: Since 2c moves you a set distance forward, and since you won't always be a set distance away when you chain into 2c, you'll be spaced different distances each time.
  • When you cancel the 2c into j.236b: I'm pretty sure that if you delay the tk j.236b, your opponent will end up lower after the wall slam, and you'll be less likely to cross up.  The height of your tk j.236b may also be a factor.
  • The 5bb after the wall slam: once you hit the wall slam, you can adjust the height of your opponent a little more depending on how long you delay the 5bb.

It is pretty irritating to combo Tohno Shiki, and the only advice I can really offer is that if you can get it to consistently to work one way or another (cross up/no cross up), then just stick with that.  You can probably also input 214a/236a on reaction after the 5bb if you're good at that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:07:29 PM by Nandeyanen »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »
Having to recognize whether the 214/236 input is crossed up is already a mother bitch in training mode and would probably be even more of a nightmare to do on the fly in the heat of a match. When I'm in training mode I tend to do most of my combos at point blank, but that's not always the case in matches. But knowing that there are so many factors that can cause the combo to go wrong, I think it might be smarter to opt for a different combo if you still have the knife. :-\

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
What have you H-Ryougi players got to stop jump airdodge after 3C besides knife? Is it a weakness?

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
What have you H-Ryougi players got to stop jump airdodge after 3C besides knife? Is it a weakness?

That's...really rare to hear someone try.  If they jump, just get that 5BB ready for them when they land; either that or you can try to pre-emptive anti-air with 214A which is really risky.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Shlowpoke

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • omgomgomgomg
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »
I'm fairly sure that a properly-timed 5b will hit before the opponent gets airborne if they try to jump after 3c. Tight timing though. I can't say for sure though unless someone knows exactly how many +frames 3c gives.

Ground sidestep will definitely work though.

EDIT: Okay, I just tested this with a person playing V.Sion holding 8 after 3c connects. I never once got 5b to hit while she was still on the ground, so I'm going to say that 8-jump air-sidestep would probably work if timed well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:52:17 PM by Shlowpoke »

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »
I'm fairly sure that a properly-timed 5b will hit before the opponent gets airborne if they try to jump after 3c. Tight timing though. I can't say for sure though unless someone knows exactly how many +frames 3c gives.

Ground sidestep will definitely work though.

3c is +3 frames. 5b has 8 frames start up.  Jump start up may be character and direction specific, but according to FrameDisplay, the it ranges between 3-6 frames.  So, if the opponent holds up after a 3c, and you hit 5b at the first available opportunity after 3c fully recovers, you'll hit them on the 6th frame.  Depending on their jump start up, you should either counter hit them on the ground (during jump start up), or hit them in the air (1st - 2nd frame into their jump.  I'm not sure whether or not there is a minimum height for air dodge, but jump air dodging is significantly stricter, and probably much worse than just ground dodging or back dashing.

Also, CT_Warrior, didn't I already explain this to you on Friday?  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:04:40 PM by Nandeyanen »

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »
It's hard for me to input frame data on the go like that if I'm unfamiliar with the character, so whatever you said on Friday just went by me.  :psyduck:

I tested it in training mode multiple times. Doing instant j2E is like doing Akiha's instant j2C. I'll just assume that most of the cast has at least a 4 or 5 frame directional jump. You should have at least one or two frames to get out if Ryougi hits frame-perfect. It's rare that Ryougi would perfectly time that 5B, so it should be in your favor to get out this way if you can react to uncanceled 3C.

That's a depressingly tight string though, and mixing up your options would make it hard to get out of. Seems that ex-guarding is the way to go.
I found that EX-dust works though. :D

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »
I found something that may or may not be useful but while running and pressing E, Ryougi does a roll that goes pretty far actually. Haven't really tested if it's invincible or not but it can also be used to avoid certain attacks it seems.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »
I found something that may or may not be useful but while running and pressing E, Ryougi does a roll that goes pretty far actually. Haven't really tested if it's invincible or not but it can also be used to avoid certain attacks it seems.

Thanks, although it's already been posted in the wrong section.  Makes me wonder if it was originally her dodge animation, since it looks so similar to Kohaku's roll.  Wonder how good it would've been...
digitalpugilist.com

Offline s4itox

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • So who was phone?
    • View Profile
    • deeeeeeeeeeeeebiant art
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »
You can also use it to crossup if you're close enough.