When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Last Arc Glitch?  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Yotsuyoru

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
Last Arc Glitch?
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:55:23 AM »
I found something interesting... Ryougi's last arc seems to do something strange to the red damage count(this is the VS Damage value), because after it hits, Heating/Blood Heating, directly after, reduces your health down to 0.  It is an instant kill on anyone who is in Heat/Blood Heat when the last arc actually does damage.  Blocking/getting hit by any other attack however, sets the red health back from whatever negatives back to its rightful value, preventing heat from draining your health.  While most people wouldn't heat for health with no available gain but wake-up heating for momentum, when applicable, will just have to wait after this lands on you.

It sucks if there's a blue moon in the sky and you're somehow playing Half Moon with 199% Magic Circuit and EX-SHIELD -> Last Arc, cause you're heatin' after and if your opponent ain't hitting you in the next moments your health is going down.

EDIT: Increased/Reduced legibility, I wish I could record this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:45:26 PM by Yotsuyoru »

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
Re: Last Arc Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 02:08:27 AM »
hahahahahahah what the fuck are you serious

you can almost guarantee a win this way against half moon. blood heat, last arc, hopefully you are at a good health lead, and then just block. they'll get meter for trying to attack and then they'll enter heat and get owned. also by reducing health down to zero does that actually mean killing them or just blackbarred health?

we need video of this for massive lolol
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline Yotsuyoru

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 03:03:34 AM »
By reducing health to 0, yes I mean blackbarring, as for someone to die a definite strike must occur; ie how heirro kills on the last hit.

I'm guessing Heat checks if HP>=RedValue to know when to finalize the regen loop by making HP=RedValue to prevent overspill.   Ryougi's last arc was most likely meant to just cut all recovery potential (like Zero Lancer) but the programmer probably thought RedValue=0 was sufficient.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:06:02 AM by Yotsuyoru »

Offline Yotsuyoru

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »
If you LA someone who is in Heat or Blood Heat, they go to 0 health.
This should be an instant kill if you have No Recovery on... right?

I did this again with Attack Display on...
Damage 7000
VS Damage 15149

Ryougi's Arc Drives also has VS Damage exceeding Damage, but does not have the same effect on Heat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:34:34 PM by Yotsuyoru »

Offline True_Tech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • blue gunner or bluest gunner !?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 05:04:09 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n62M0lqArLA
video of the instant kill because i liked looking at it so much

lcd screen on my reg camera is cracked so i had to use my cellphone sorry guys.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:17:28 PM by True_Tech »

Offline Madscientist

• is actually Maidscientist
  • Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
What are the chances this "glitch" is intended, just because Ryougi is hax?
Considering that this only works if you land it while they still have ~50% left.

Offline NoNo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »
My guess is that just like Tohno's LA, it does 11k red damage. But unlike every other attacks in the game, it can set the red bar lower than the yellow bar.

Offline Yotsuyoru

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 11:02:55 PM »
Considering that this only works if you land it while they still have ~50% left.
It doesn't; regardless of meter remaining, as long as you are in (Blood) Heat Activation, it will kill you.  As for intention... I'm pretty sure heat giving you a black bar is working as intended.

My guess is that just like Tohno's LA, it does 11k red damage. But unlike every other attacks in the game, it can set the red bar lower than the yellow bar.
Yeah not many attacks do VS Damage greater than HP Damage, but generally all attacks seem to check if VS Value<HP, and if true it makes VS Value=HP. (Even when blocked)
Ryougi's LA is most likely missing this VS Value correction and is therefore causing this bug/glitch with conjunction to how Heat Activation works.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 07:49:29 AM »
The chances of that happening in tournament are pretty slim but... That's pretty broken!
They can't get enough of me

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
TO CLARIFY:

TWO SCENARIOS.

1. The opponent is in heat, the LA instant kills them. "In heat" is defined as in the state of heat when the actual LA hit lands, and note that there is a relatively long time from when the LA sequences initiates and when the hit lands. During this time their heat meter DOES run out, so it is possible to start the sequence in a low bar heat state and run out of heat, thus not getting IK'd.

2. The opponent is NOT in heat when the LA hit lands, it does 7k damage to them with no proration effects. After the opponent gets hit by the LA, and if they heat at any time for the remainder of the round, their hp will drain to 1 (this effect will never kill the opponent). THERE IS AN EXCEPTION TO THIS, and that is if the opponent takes ANY DAMAGE before they heat, their health WILL NOT DRAIN. They will regenerate their red health just as normal.

shirayukimizore

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 05:12:35 AM »
I really hate Ryougi in many ways

1.The damage of her normal attacks are HIGH
2.Last Arc was so very IMBA

This character is really broken next to Archetype
I hope in PC port will fix this

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 12:02:21 AM »
I really hate Ryougi in many ways

1.The damage of her normal attacks are HIGH
2.Last Arc was so very IMBA

This character is really broken next to Archetype
I hope in PC port will fix this
Lol, you failed to mention she has no reversals what so ever, if you get hit by her LA you totally deserve it and her damage is high, but you really have to work for it. Take a look at F-Miyako, 6k+ combos for half the amount of work Ryougi needs. She's no where near broken. Archetype is broken because she has retarded moves that clash through everything, takes no damage, can infinitely circuit spark, destroys guard meter in one super and auto regens meter. Ryougi is nowhere near broken, you just need to learn to deal with her moves.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND